Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Race for the Shield

4 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Race for the Shield - Page 3 Empty Re: The Race for the Shield

Post  Kristina Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:09 am

"Well if I am right, lets get to searching. This shield could be anywhere." Kris turned to Jake, "I am not getting a new car until we get back to New York... We can use taxis or rentals while we are here and to get home. Heck, we could fly home but I am not too sure on how well that will work with me."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 pm

"They recently reintroduced wolves into Yellowstone. They'eve been spreading all over west-central Montana. That theory doesn't sound too far off." He told Wes. After Kris mentioned not getting a new car Jake frowned.
"But I can't do anything to a rental car..."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Wes scratched at her brow, "I have a feeling that these dogs are more likely to eat wolves than to be wolves, if that's what you're getting at. But maybe we should do more research along the way." She double-checked that she had everything, then straightened, "I think our best bet would be the mountains. Hopefully we can get there before wrecking the rental."
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:23 pm

"Yeah, the mountains would be best to start with." Kris walked in a circle holding a map of the town that she had gotten from the hotel. "Alright there is a car rental place not too far from here. I just don't know if they will rent to me because I am under 21."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 pm

"I was thinking more of a convenient cover-up than the same thing, but close enough." He told Wes. When Kris mentioned not being able to get a car, Jake scoffed. "Show them an infinite credit card and they'll do anything." He said smartly.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 pm

"And if not, then we can just send Jake back with a fake ID and a mustache," Wes suggested with a smirk, "But we should really get moving." She walked to the door and opened it, stepping aside to let Jake and Kris pass, "Lead the way?"
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:49 pm

((For the sake of getting things moving, time for another time skip))

**TIME SKIP**

The three rode in the rental car down the highway. It was a convertible like Kris wanted but it was a car she could drive. It took some convincing to let the rental place rent her the car, but once they saw the infinite money card, they hesitated no longer.
Kris was determined to actually return the car in once piece for once. But she knew that was highly impossible. She glanced to her right and then in rear-view mirror. "So does anyone have a clue where we are going now? And the mountains is not a valid answer."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Jake didn't look up from the game he was playing on his laptop. (The Old Republic. XD)
"South on the highway, towards Helena. There's a canyon there. Plenty of hidey-holes for whatever's up here. Along with plenty of woods to get lost in, and a river in case Kris wants to go for a swim." The last one was mostly a joke. Most of his attention was on not dying in the game, so the jokes weren't as good as they probably could have been.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:15 pm

"Yeah," Wes said, "What he said. Just don't drive over the edge. That would be bad." Her iPod had died a couple miles back and she'd lost the chord, so now she was simply staring out the window, bouncing her legs anxiously, and sipping Mt. Dew.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 am

"A swim sounds so nice right now." She looked at the other cars around her as she drove. "Anyone up for some speeding and evasive maneuvers?" Kris was now just focused on getting there and going for that swim.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 am

"Sure. Just be careful on the curves, Jeff Gordon."
Jake said, honestly not caring but still more focused on the game.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 am

"Meh, meh, mehmehmeh," Kris uttered. "Wait... can I be Danica Patrick instead... ya know, since I am a girl and all?" Kris managed to weave past other cars and still take the turns with ease and not knock them off the cliff... yet.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 pm

"Uhm, isn't there supposed to be a bunch of park rangers round here, or something?" Wes asked in an attempt to keep the stunts to a minimum, but she knew it was no use. Kris does what she wants. Resistance is futile.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 pm

"This is the highway, so no. The park rangers would be in the National Forest to the south. We'd have highway patrol on us." Jake closed his game and put away his laptop. "Though we should pull over when it's semi-convenient and climb down to the bottom of the canyon."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:16 pm

"I don't think there is any semi-convenient spot anywhere... just saying." Kris drove carefully but dangerously at the same time. She had some serious driving skills and that scared even her.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:46 pm

"Oh, no worries," Wes said, "I'm sure that, soon enough, Kris will succeed in driving us off the ledge and to the bottom of the canyon. Problem solved." She gripped her armrest. With a different driver, she may have been enjoying the thrill, but she knew Kris, and was afraid. Sure, she could drive, but that didn't make her any less reckless.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am

Jake looked out the window at the trees and rock formations passing down at the canyon floor. He knew there also was some sort of river meandering down there as well. Plenty of ground to cover- and that's assuming they were in the proper spot.

"There'll be a pull-off soon enough, there always is on these sorts of roads." Jake said.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Kris smiled. "I like Wes' idea of just driving down the side of the cliff."She drove the car close to the edge so she could get a good look at how steep it was. "But it would seem that the rental car wouldn't make it very far before tumbling and crashing to it's death with us in it," she said bringing the car back to it's original lane. She looked ahead and saw a little area to pull-off. "Oh hey you guys are lucky... looks like I don't get to drive us off a cliff." Kris pulled off into the area and got out of the car. She stretched and looked at her companions. "How are we getting down there?"
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm

"Well," Wes said as she climbed out of the car, thankful that Kris had not taken her suggestion, "I was thinking we could push Jake over, see if any man-eating mutts jump out of no where and mutilate him, and, once we know it's safe, we can climb down ourselves." She gave a mischievous grin.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Jake gave Wes a look. "I'm sure the man-eating mutts would have to come from *somewhere*, Wes." He examined the cliff side for himself. He shrugged. Sure it was steep, but flat enough to slide.
"First one down gets the shield!" He said suddenly. He jumped over the railing and jumped down, letting his feet skid and drew his knife and a braced arm to help control his rapid descent.
It was kinda fun, like Der Stuka, only standing up.
He quickly made it to the bottom, to find that there wasn't any nice way to stop. So instead of a nice stop, he ended up tripping spectacularly and flew into some underbrush and a tree.

"Ow."

GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 am

"That's cheating!" Kris called after Jake. She smirked at Wes and promptly hopped the railing. She slid down on her side to minimized scratches. The leg closest to the ground was bent and the other outstretched. She kept her arms above her head, using her hands to control her speed. When she reached the bottom, she started tumbling but caught herself and rolled to a standing position. She stopped short of the bush that Jake had landed in and laughed. "I think I win cause I didn't last in a plant."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Wes sighed at her crazed companions. Oh well, she thought. If she was going to be last, she might as well go down in style. She twisted her bracelets, making her bow and quiver appear. She pulled an arrow from the quiver strapped to her thigh, then reached in deeper and pulled out some rope and a bandanna. She tied one end of the rope to the arrow, pulled her bow off her back, drew the row back, and shot it into the tree Jake landed by. The other end of the rope lay loose by her ankle; she secured it to the railing. She covered her palm with the bandanna and grabbed onto the rope, then jumped, hooking her legs around the rope as she began to slide down. When she was close enough to the bottom, she pulled down and came to a stop, dropping down safely. She stuffed the bandanna into the quiver, then twisted her bracelets to make them disappear. She didn't bother with the rope or arrow, as they would return to the quiver in a matter of time.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Jake held up a hand to Kris's comment, content on lying there for a moment longer. "Yes, but *I* was first." He sat up when he saw an arrow bury itself into the tree. Then he saw Wes zip-line down.
"Show-off."

Jake finally got himself to his feet and brushed the dry grass and twigs off his clothes. He looked around. The brush and rocks offered so many hiding spots and obstructions. Walking also wouldn't be very fun.
"So, what's our angle, divide and conquer or what?"

(I think Mark should step in sometime. Though the transition to actually getting the shield would be a bit awkward. Well, either order it would...)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:28 pm

((probably))

Kris sighed watching Wes zip-line down. She shook her head an focused on the task at hand. "I would say divide and conquer, but if someone runs into trouble, the others might be too far away to respond fast enough." She thought about how much land they had to cover though. The shield could be anywhere and they weren't entirely sure what exactly they were looking for. "Although with so much area to cover, splitting up might be a good idea." She bit her thumb nail in frustration. "I don't know which would be a good decision. All the options have their ups and downs and potentially be bad."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:23 pm

"I vote no on splitting up," Wes said, wiping some non-existent dust off herself, "There's only three of us and we don't know where we're going or what we're up against. We'd be slaughtered." She let that happy note hang as she looked around the canyon, "That being said, I have no clue where to start, so how about we just start walking?"
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next