Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Race for the Shield

4 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Race for the Shield - Page 5 Empty Re: The Race for the Shield

Post  Kristina Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Kris pushed the flat of the blade back against the boys throat. She was frustrated with him. "Proof is something concrete, a belief is just that... some thing someone believes in. It's not the same from person to person." She started to push the blade into his skin. "Give me something concrete and I might just spare your life." Her eyes were full of fury.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Still not intimidated by the sword, he gave a wry smile.
"Alright. How's this then,"
He pushed aside the sword, then made a move forward. Then he did the thing he had wanted to do for a very long time.
He kissed her. In a fluid motion, he had stepped forward, grabbed her arm and given a passionate kiss.

(Geeze, I feel like I'm writing a bad fan-fic...)

Jake straightened up and made a face that clearly showed he was both stunned and grossed out by the display.

(There, I feel better.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Kris was shocked when Mark kissed her. She dropped her sword and just went with the flow. She closed her eyes and kissed him back. The kiss felt warm and familiar and just... right. That's when she knew it was Mark. After a couple seconds, she realized what was going on and she pulled away. Her face was beet red as she covered her mouth. And then, out of no where, she took that same hand she covered her mouth with and smacked Mark right across the face. "Not cool..."

((I feel the same Jake))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm

(lol.)

"Ow..." Mark said with a bit of a laugh, rubbing his cheek. "I deserved that." He worked his jaw as he recovered from the slap. "That really hurt." He commented. He then impishly added:
"Would you kiss it and make it better?"

He knew very well at this point, he was more likely to be stabbed or kicked in the balls.

"What just happened?" Jake asked, still making his gross-stunned face.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Wes shook her head, "No idea." It was simpler than trying to analyze the situation. Feeling the tension that followed the kiss, Wes raised her bow again, pulling the arrow far back and waiting for some sign of consent from Kris to fire.
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Without thinking, Kris leaned down and kissed his cheek. "It really is you..." she said looking into his eyes. Her own eyes filled with tears as she hugged him tightly.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Mark let everything in his mind slip away and he hugged her back. He loosened his grip enough to look her in the eyes.

"You're making out with a random guy we found in a canyon! We don't even know what he's been up to while he's been not-dead! Am I the only one who sees something wrong here?!" Jake was unheard by the lovers. Or ignored.
It was tuned out by Mark. As he looked into her eyes, he never wanted to let her go again.

(And... now we murder this happy moment in a classic Greek fashion, with heart-wrenching betrayal and the entrance of Katony!)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:27 pm

((Let the chaos ensue))

Kris wiped the tears from her eyes. This was something she had been waiting for for years, though in most of those years it was just a dream of what could have been. But now it was real and she didn't want the moment to end.

Sadly for the couple, trouble soon followed their joyous reunion. "Boss!" A voice called from in the distance. "Where did you go?" Just then, out of the bushes popped the other couple of this darling storyline. Kathryn looked up from the ground to see Mark pinned (in her eyes, that's how she saw it) to the ground by none other than that CHB chick, Kris. But then it registered that he was embracing her, that made Kat confused... She didn't really know what to say and just stared for a bit.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Wes was about to answer that she found his sudden reappearance rather suspicious as well, and that Kris giving in to her hormones was probably not the most logical decision, but then came the couple. Two kids she recognised. Enemies. She narrowed her eyes, evaluating the situation.

Anthony laughed when he saw Mark pinned by the Camper chick, "Ha, Mark's on the bottom." Guess we know who wears the pants in that weird, twisted relationship. He took in the other campers. Easy kills.
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Mark suddenly remembered why exactly he hadn't had this moment before now. There was the whole 'master plan' deal going on right now...
"Well. This just got complicated." Mark commented.

Jake tensed and looked over at the new arrivals. It took him a moment to recognize them, since he had been away at a quest during most of the attack, but then he remembered.
"Hey- you're the ones who led the attack on camp!" He said, pointing his sword at them.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Kris was confused at Mark's comment. "What just got complicated?" Then she looked up. She saw Kat and her boy toy and growled in anger.

Kat just smirked when Kris saw her. I wonder what's going on between them, she thought. "Oi Mark, come on. We gotta get going."

That statement set Kris off. She was confused and looked at Mark. "You're with the enemy?" Without letting Mark explain himself, she grabbed her sword and held it against Mark's throat. "So you betrayed camp... and now you are using me I bet..." Anger filled her eyes.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:30 pm

Wes quickly read the situation, and took Kris's sudden change in mood as consent to go ahead and attack. She spun her arrow towards the goth boy and quickly took aim. She drew back the arrow and released it straight at his chest.

Anthony just barely had enough time to side step so that it only lodged itself in his left shoulder. He breathed in sharply, then reached up to slowly remove the arrow. When it was out, he snapped it in half, sneering at the girl's now defiant face.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:36 pm

Jake got down and ready, lifting his shield to guard Wes as she shot at them. Of course, his sword wouldn't get much use until they closed the distance.

Mark gave a bit of a sigh and worked his jaw. What could one respond to this? Years of planning, staying away from camp, figuring he'd never need to deal with this...
"Betrayal... Yah, kind of." He said, stepping back to be able to draw his own sword in time. "Using you... well. You being here was purely coincidental. I mean, who could have planned that?" He said with a bit of a stupid smile and chuckle. Fighting Kris was something he'd rather avoid for two reasons: one, well they just had that moment.... and two, if she was anything like what she was when he left... well.

GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Kat looked shocked when Anthony was hit with the arrow. Her head snapped in Wes' direction and her eyes were filled with pure anger. No one fires on her boyfriend. She activated her naginata and began to think. The only way she could attack is if she got closer but she was weary of closing the distance. She didn't care though, she needed to release her anger. She took off running towards Wes with her weapon pointed straight at the girl.

Kris breathed heavily trying to control her anger. She looked at her team engaging in a fight and then looked back at Mark. "Before I run you through, answer me this. Why are you on their side?"
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Wes held her ground until the last possible moment and dive rolled to the side. As she quickly stood, she pulled three arrows from her quiver between her fingers. She notched the first one, drew it back, and fired at Kat, then quickly loaded a second.

Anthony drew his blade, Black Oblivion, with a black hilt and black jewels, and came at Jake slowly, spinning it in his good arm. He made sure to keep his bad one back, he knew he'd have to keep his right foot forward to keep it that way in the fight. Luckily, that was actually his favorite stance.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 am

Jake eased back into a position between Wes and the other two. Having her cover him was the best strategy right now. He gave a jab at Antony, trying to keep him in a good position. He made note of the bad arm, but stored it away for later in the fight, since going after that would do more harm than good.

Over at the lovers, Mark rubbed his chin.
"Now that- that's a very long story." He said carefully. There were things that had to remain a secret from both parties involved for the time being. "How about let's just skip that." He said. He didn't draw his own sword yet, not wanting to make the first move. It was better at a pragmatist stand point, and relationship. "Actually, let's skip the stabbing part too, if you don't mind."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:18 am

Kat saw the arrow flying at her and immediately stopped. The arrow whizzed past her stomach. She was lucky where she stopped, the tip of the arrow only cut through her shirt and left a cut on her tummy. "I liked this shirt... and you ruined it..." Kat ran towards Wes and swung her naginata at her.

Kris took a ready stance, blunt side of her sword pointed towards Mark. "It's one or the other Mark. You can't skip both."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Wes side-stepped the attack, leaving her foot out in hopes to trip Kat. As she stepped, she brought up her arm in defense, and, in doing so, received a clean cut on her forearm. She needed space. She thrust the arrow she had in her hand forward, jabbing at Kat before backing up several feet.

Anthony parried Jake's jab and brought his sword up in a chamber position, which would give him extra power for his strike. He executed a downwards strike from left to right (#2 strike) and brought it up for a downwards strike on the other side (#1), so that his two strikes made an X.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Jake blocked both swipes with his shield, shoving his shield forward at the second blow to increase the recoil on Antony. He noticed Wes needed more space, so he made a quick step sideways to get once again between Wes and the two opponents, throwing a forward swipe with his sword at Kat to get her to move into a better spot.

Mark chuckled. "Well, I don't think we quite have the time for an exposition that covers six years, and I can't just stand here and let you stab me." He said with a wry grin.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Kat stopped short of the arrow. She waited for Wes to put the space between them and then noticed Jake get into the mix. She blocked his sword swipe with her naginata and backed up to rethink her attack strategy.

"Then fight" Kris said with a fierce look in her eyes. She charged him with her sword pointed straight at Mark.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Anthony stepped back from the force of the recoil. He touched his sword to the ground to stop the vibrations running through it, taking advantage of the second of lull. He then came at Jake again. He brought up the butt end of his sword to strike, back-handed, at Jake's head, but that was more of a distraction. Instead of going through with the strike, he'd pivoted his front foot and brought his opposite leg up, striking the side of Jake's knee with the top of his.

Wes was getting frustrated. These should be almost point-blank shots, but Kat kept magically dodging them. (*cough cough* god-modding *cough cough*) She took a deep breath and re-notched the arrow. She had to wait for her guard to be down, or else she was just wasting shots.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08 am

Jake threw up his shield to block the blow, then grunted as he was hit in the knee. He stumbled slightly, but used the motion to ram his shield and shoulder into Antony, stopping his own fall in the process. He swung his sword in a wide arch, but this wasn't aimed so much as a quick attempt to keep anyone from taking advantage of his move.

Mark quickly drew his sword and blocked the blow in one motion, then jumped back and regripped his sword. He gave a broad playful shrug. "Well, if you insist."

(Aww, their first fight...)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 pm

((finally got a break from this dumb week))

Kris glared at Mark. She needed to make sure her anger did not get the best of her in this fight. Mark was cunning and if she fought purely out of anger, he would eventually outsmart her. She thought for a second and came up with an idea. She glanced at the water out of the corner of her eye and then looked back at Mark. She willed the water to become water whips and swat at Mark as she stepped back and ran to the back of him, hoping the water made it difficult for him to see. She began a charge at him once again.

((Hey... not god-modding, I have gotten hit... and in that last post I was out of reach, at least to me I was... in order for the blade of the naginata to come in contact, I have to be like 2 arm's length away))

Kat watched as Wes notched and arrow and stood back. She didn't want to rush the girl because she would just get hit with the arrow. She looked over and watched Anthony get rammed but knew he could handle himself. She had to figure out a way to get to the girl with the bow, but how. Long-range vs close range... this just isn't going to work...
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:18 pm

(Hey, alls I'm saying is that for Wes to miss once, that's a fluke. For Wes to miss twice, that's an off-day. For Wes to miss a lot more than that, when the target is not too far away, regardless of her recently healed head injury, that's just shameful.)
(You didn't really specify much about your wide arc, so I'm going to assume it was horizontal and that you had to twist up for torque, and I must also tell you that that kind of strike isn't exactly the best for its purpose in this situation)

Anthony let the momentum bring him to the ground so that he landed on his back knee and bad arm. Pain shot quickly down the arm, and he pushed off it so he was on his knee with the other leg extended. He saw Jake swing over his head at, well, Anthony didn't really know what Jake was swinging at, but he'd pivoted his foot, and with his shield up by his chest, that left his leg exposed. Anthony twisted around on his knee for a leg sweep and swung his sword with it so that the strike was executed half a second after the sweep.

Wes watched Kat back. She knew she wasn't going to give her an opening. She'd have to make her own. She backed up several steps as she thought. Kat seemed to favor the goth boy, Anthony. Keeping the arrow aimed at Kat, arrow drawn back, she arced around until there was a small enough angle between her, Kat, and the boy. As the adrenaline prickled her nerves, she knew her reflexes would surely be fast enough for this bluff, should Kat take the charge. She gave another glare at Kat, and, Anthony down on the ground, she quickly flashed the bow over so it was deliberately aimed at him.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 pm

(Question: isn't Kat still within striking distance of Jake? Because I'm under the impression that we're all in rather close proximity, at least close enough to mess with each other's fight.) (Anyway, yah, that's what I figured, Wes. Just a rushed swipe as he's trying to regain balance to keep Kat back or Antony if he only got pushed back instead of falling over.)

Jake gave a grunt of pain as his leg was hit, and instinctively he jerked it upwards and dropped all of his weight onto his better leg. He then used that motion and redirected it so that he spun on his good heel and at the same time gave a backhanded swipe upwards. (Arching the sword downwards as he turned and doing a slash from bottom right to top left.)

Mark turned as he was getting hit by more water, so that it would hit his back. That hurt quite a bit, but it wouldn't impair him too badly this way. In doing so, he ended up mostly facing Kris. It was quite lucky, since he had just enough time from there to bring up his sword and block Kris's charge. "It's been a while since we've sparred hasn't it?" Mark said with a grin, making conversation.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next