Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Race for the Shield

4 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The Race for the Shield - Page 6 Empty Re: The Race for the Shield

Post  Kristina Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:29 am

((Kat back out striking distance of anyone))

Kat saw the girl's arrow trained on Anthony. She didn't know whether it was a bluff or not. But the fact that her boyfriend could be hit at a moments notice, agitated her. Her fight or flight reaction was definitely a fight. Even for one who loved to see destruction and chaos, she loved Anthony just as much and couldn't bare to see him hurt, even if he could handle himself. She let her heart take over and charged Wes. She pointed her naginata straight at the archer and ran towards her at full speed.

"That it has..." Kris was normally a very forgiving person but this was a completely different situation. She needed her revenge, her closure, but she couldn't think of how to get it. Her heart was too much in the mix and it clouded her mind. She didn't want to hurt the kid she loved, or thought she loved, but at the same time, he fought for the other side and it was her job to stop him. She pushed her sword harder against his in an effort to hold him there for just a bit. "Too bad this isn't a spar." At that moment, she willed a wall of water to slam into Mark and her and stay engulfing them. She would be okay, she could breathe underwater, but he couldn't. Her plan was to make him pass out so she could think for a bit.

((Oh the bad fanfic feeling is back))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Wes kept the arrow trained on Anthony for a second longer, until she was sure Kat would not be able to stop or change direction. In a split second, she flashed the arrow back to Kat and instantly released it, and it flew straight at Kat. As soon as it left, she dived into a roll out of the way of the charge, a prayer to her father and Artemis, the archers, going through her head. Artemis...as she came up from her roll, her pocket burned where she had the pamphlet. She shook away the stray thought, she had to keep her head in the game.

Anthony raised his bad arm and ducked to parry Jake's strike, wincing as he landed another wound on that arm. Anthony was still on the ground, his sword low, and there was Jake's good leg. He drew back his sword and made a strike at the back of the calf.
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Mark saw the wall of water coming. He was tired of getting wet.
He summoned a bolt of lightning to strike the water. The heat of it evaporated it immediately.
"Perhaps not. But we're certainly not playing water polo." Mark said dryly.
He took a step back and made a wide gesture.
"How about another bout?"

Back with the others, Jake jumped just in time to avoid the swipe at his good leg. Of course, such a jump made him land on his bad one. He gave a yelp as pain shot up his leg and shifted to his good foot. He also lowered his shield to block any more blows to his legs while he regripped his sword and sent a strong blow down on Antony. This was not the time for chivalry.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsuki Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:56 am

(Can I join?)
Tsuki
Tsuki

Drachmae : 125

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:25 am

((None of the campers nor army members are allowed to post as this is a quest. ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsuki Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:42 pm

(I know... I meant like I followed the others or something... is that okay? Notnlike a quest.. just like I showed up....)
Tsuki
Tsuki

Drachmae : 125

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:58 pm

(I'm going to do the short 'Let's not.' or the shorter and less polite 'no'.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Kat didn't see the arrow flying at her until the very last second. As quickly as she could, she turned sideways. But she was still a little slow. The arrow ran straight into her left chest cavity. She dropped her weapon in the shock of being hit. Stopped dead in her tracks, she fell to the ground, having a problem the breathing. She couldn't tell if the arrow had punctured a lung or if she was just in shock. She held onto the arrow not wanting it to move and was breathing shallowly. She wasn't ready to die. She really hoped that the arrow hadn't punctured a lung and that her "womanly pillows" had stopped the arrow just in time.

Kris smirked when she saw the lightning evaporate the water. "I am glad your aim with lightning has gotten better... or was that just a lucky shot like in the old days?" Kris backed up at the same time he did. "I really don't want to fight you, you know that..." She had begun to think clearly. Her anger was slowly dissipating and her logic was coming through. "You could start all over, come back to camp, teach combat with me. You know all the stuff we planned when we were younger." Kris dropped her guard hoping it would ease the tension between them.

((I know... I am so tired of RP fighting... I am horrible at it and yeah... that's why all this is going on in my post...))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:24 am

(Alright, I'm doing this. Hopefully it will speed things up.)
Wes gave a cry, a mixture of excitement and shock, and she thanked the gods. Part of her hurt for having hurt another person, but they were at war. One down, one to go.

Anthony rolled on his bad arm to evade Jake's strike. It was going to get infected now, being rubbed in the dirt, and it was hurting more than ever. Then he looked up, and screamed in horror as his beloved fell to the ground with an arrow lodged in her. Fury grew inside him, and he quickly pulled himself off the ground. He charged at Wes as she turned and swung his sword hard.

Wes had barely enough time to react to Anthony's charge, and she'd instinctively thrown her hands up in defense, both holding her bow. She'd closed her eyes and braced for impact. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard a loud CRACK, and she opened her eyes to find a horrid sight - two halves of a broken bow. She'd rather be the one with the arrow lodged in her boob. Her bow was her life. In half shock, half anger, she dropped the broken bow and gave Anthony a good hard right hook to the nose.
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Jake saw Antony get around him to Wes, and took action as quickly as he could with a bad leg. He wasn't quick enough to stop him from breaking Wes's bow, and he didn't see Wes punch the guy in the face, but he did bash his shield into Antony's side.
No one messed with his friends.

"I'm afraid I've already got plans." Mark said coolly. He had heard his companion's shouts and screams, but instead of glancing over he looked up at the sky as if to say 'you've got to be kidding me'.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Kat got tired of the pain from the arrow moving slightly. She yanked the arrow from her chest and quickly applied pressure to the wound. She remembered she had a block of ambrosia in her cargo pocket. She pulled it out and bit off a nice sized corner of it. Hopefully it would stop the bleeding start healing the wound.

Kris heard the shouts and looked over at the others. She saw Kat on the floor and couldn't help but chuckle. Serves her right... she thought to herself. Then she noticed that Wes had a broken bow and was using her fists. "Oh, he should not have broken her bow... He's gonna end up like Kat..."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Anthony's head was knocked sideways by the blow, and when he straightened up, he had to blink away the pain until he could see straight. He could feel blood starting to trickle down his face, and he wiped some off with the back of his hand. Returning Wes's hook, he lunged forward and landed a strong uppercut to her gut, letting his sword hang by his side for this time.

Wes had been just too slow to block and evade the strike, and she recoiled, her stomach lurching. Thinking on her feet, though, she wove her left arm around his striking arm, locking it in place. With her other arm, she pulled another arrow out of her quiver, and drove the point into his side before releasing his arm, pushing him back, and jumping back several steps.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Jake caught Antony as he was shoved backwards and threw him down onto the ground. His protective nature definitely was aroused with Wes getting attacked directly. He pointed his sword at Antony's throat.

Mark raised is brows in an agreeing gesture.
"Definitely. Out of the frying pan and into the fire sort of situation right there."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Kat look at Anthony and gave a quiet, breathy "no" but it was pointless. She had no strength and couldn't do anything.

"Don't you care about your friends? They are about to die." Kris couldn't help but smirk at her team. They were younger and apparently better. What did that have to say about the enemy?

((Sorry for the crappy post, Ihave no time to come up with some4thing good))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:41 pm

(Sorry it took so long, feels have been shot the past several days, which is why I avoided the touchy-touchy emotional goodbyes and stuff. :P )

Anthony dropped to the ground with gasp of pain, blood trickling down his side. Breathing heavily, he looked over to his beloved. He was not going to let her die, and he was not going to let that child get away with what she did to her. He lowered his eyes to the arrow in his side and, with an intake of breath, broke the shaft off the arrow, leaving the arrow head in to prevent further injuries and bleeding. He then glared at Jake, who held a sword to his throat. There was no point in trying anything yet, so he feigned a look of surrender, knowing campers had that disgusting compassionate and merciful nature that would keep him alive until they let their guards down.

Wes's heart was pounding in exhilaration. This time, the lull in the action allowed the fatigue to catch up with her. The adrenaline was gone, and she began to feel her body ready to give. Her mind was getting tired and hazy, but she knew she had to stay alert.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Mark frowned as he gave his quest companions a sideways glance.
"They would do the same for me." He said trying not to voice all of his disappointment in his team. Seriously, didn't the two already beat the campers? And this time the campers just wiped the floor with them. Come on, there's no way they could be that out of practice.

Jake kept the sword at Antony's throat, panting. There hadn't been much movement, other than snapping the arrow shaft. Antony would probably be at them again at the first opportunity... but he hadn't killed anyone before. Well, not anything part mortal...
He risked a quick sideways glance at Wes that said: Now what?
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:27 pm

((I am bored with this...))

Kris looked at her friends and then at the time on her phone. With a sigh, she called to Wes and Jake. "Oi, come on. We are losing daylight hours. We need to get going and hopefully finish this before it gets dark." She looked to Mark. "I am going to be nice right now. Go take care of your team."

Kat closed her eyes and just lay there, trying not to move. She was still losing blood even though the wound was starting to heal.

((Yay more crappy posting. I hate that I can't do anything with Kat cause she is dying.))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Wes straightened up and wiped her face on her sleeve. She picked up the pieces of her bow in one hand, then twisted her wrist band again. The quiver and arrows disappeared, but the bow remained, its enchantment broken along with it. She sighed, then retreated near to Kris.

Anthony spat, but waited for any new orders. There was nothing he could do from here. He would taste vengeance, though. No one was going to get away with stabbing his woman. That child would pay.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 pm

(I agree with Kris.)
(Let's hurry up and throw the shield to a party.)

"I can't decide whether they'd be grateful or hate you even more." Mark said dryly. He didn't make a move to do much else than just cross his arms. If they lost Achilles' equipment because of this...

Jake took a quick step back. "Roger that, chief." He said with a bit of a grin. "Later losers!" He still kept a wary eye open for any retaliations.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:48 pm

((Sorry for taking forever again. College...))

Kris retracted her weapon, placing the ring back on her finger. She looked to her team and then back at Mark. With a sigh, she walked up to him until she was just inches from him. She leaned in so her lips were by his ear. "We will finish this another time," she whispered. She turned her head and placed a kiss on his cheek and turned away from him, waiting on her team to join her.

((I have nothing for Kat since she is still dying on the ground...))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Wes ricked back on her feet, near Kris, waiting to leave. She didn't know what she was supposed to do know, with no real weapon to help out. Sure, she had her killer martial arts abilities, but that wasn't the most offensive skill, and since they didn't know what they were up against, the loss of her bow left her uneasy. She had her sai in the car, way up at the top of the cliff. Pity, she didn't think she'd need them.

Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:23 pm

Mark didn't make much of a move, but did straighten up a bit when Kris kissed him. He hid the little jump his heart did behind his usual condescending and slightly annoyed smile. He didn't bother making a move to stop them from leaving: three against one was never good odds, child of Zeus or otherwise. He could probably summon some monster to take care of things, but that would be better with him out of the way. Creatures that were bred to kill every demigod in sight usually did.

Jake joined Kris in walking away, though he still had his shield out and ready to defend the group. He limped slightly.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Once the two younger demigods were beside her, Kris began walking out of the clearing that they were in. She hid the tears forming in her eyes and stayed strong like the adult she was. "Alright, back to the search," she spoke in an unemotional voice.

((Who are we throwing the shield to?))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Thu May 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Wes followed Kris, carrying the two pieces of her bow. Maybe they'd come in handy against whatever wolves or other guardians that were protecting the shield. She looked at Kris, who seemed broken in spirit. This young woman had been like an idol to her since she started at Camp Half-Blood as a child. She'd shown her the ropes and how to survive, on top of so much more. She wanted to say something to her, to comfort her, but didn't know what, if anything, she should say. Experience had shown that Kris's responses in emotional times like this were unpredictable, so it would probably simply be best to wait before saying anything.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue May 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Jake walked away with the others, limping slightly. Kris was eerily quiet, so there was an awkward silence as they headed out.
Since no one else was talking, Jake simply said: "Come on, over there looks like a good place for a cache."

(And sorry guys, but I'm sick of this quest.)
In mostly silence, they found the hiding spot down river. Sure enough, a pack of six mean-looking dogs were there. There was a totally awesome fight-- I mean, it was great. You should have seen it, really.
And then there was the shield and the rest of Achilles's armor. Jake considered going back to when he called 'dibs', but Kris was still in a mood, so he wisely concluded that such an act would be bad for his health.
So, with that, they packed it up and headed home.

Oh yah, and Mark dragged the rest of the Titan's sorry hides back too, probably still dazed by that incredible kiss.

(Any complaints that I did that? If not, let's just skip to arriving back at camp.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6