Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Work.... (Open to all)

+3
Kristina
Fred
GeneralArin
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Extra Work.... (Open to all) - Page 2 Empty Re: Extra Work.... (Open to all)

Post  Estelle Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:45 am

Estelle resisted the urge to roll her eyes. 'It's possible. I can communicate to owls, and it'll at least be of some help. I know it's possible. The best plan is what the enemy wouldn't expect.' Oh, she was reading too much Artemis Fowl. Whatever. 'Can you not see? I'm sure the Titan Army has access to things we've never even heard of. We need to counter their forces.' she said, twisting her braid, the jade gleaming at the end. This could make the difference between victory and.. the alternative. Animals where wild. Wild animals were born into predating.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:23 pm

"Because Owls will be very helpful." Jake said, his tone flattening again. He leaned against Agamemnon. "You want us to counter their forces... with owls." He repeated. "Is there something wrong with a mechanical dragon of doom?" Agamemnon snorted.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Kris had tuned into Jake and Estelle's conversation at the right time and piped in with her comment. "Yah," she said to Jake. "It's afraid of water," she said bluntly, kinda hoping it would get a response from Aggie
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:57 pm

'Not just owls.' Estelle countered. 'There are more than peace loving squirrels in the woods, you know. I'm thinking of some wild cats..' she trailed off. 'And those cats love water' she said, smiling apolegitally at Agamemnon.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:10 am

Agamemnon gave a slow rumble at Kris's comment, almost a groan then it intensified at Estelle.
Jake let's the automation's reaction speak for itself.
"In the great Manhattan Jungle." Jake said, raising a brow. "Then of course, Owls and big cats don't exactly speak the same language. Assuming you could find one in the 'wilds' you spoke of."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 am

Estelle now rolled her eyes. 'They can understand English. Horses and pegasi do. At least understand. And there are wild cats in our camp woods. I'll have to warn them anyways in order to set up snares in the woods. For people' she sighed. And water would be a good advantage to them, she wanted to add. But she didn't.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:24 am

"Pegasi are magic. And Horses don't understand English, they understand tones and commands. There is a very big difference." Jake said, still not buying it. "We don't live in Narnia. The animals don't understand English without magic, rally as an army, or fight giant monsters that tear humans limb from limb. You can set up all the traps you want, but you certainly aren't going to get any animals coming running to some whistle." He said bluntly. Agamemnon gave a rumble, now wanting Jake to either finish what he was doing on the automation or start doing something productive.

(To be clear, I'm not really buying it out of character either. You're a Athena kid, not a Hecate kid or someone who can reasonably communicate with animals. The half-blood world gave no hints to animals understanding English any more than in our real world, with the exception of Poseidon kids speaking to various kinds of horses and sea life and satyrs speaking with wildlife. Even if you could make that work, and rally them together, Jake is not a magic-man. He can't make anything nonmechanical. I can't just magically make an extremely attractive whistle. Then, any wild cats would be limited to bobcats nearer to where we are (right by New York City) and even then they'd be scarce so close to the city. Mountain Lions would be further out, which leaves zoos as your only source of useful animals... unless you want an army of owls and squirrels. (admittedly a very amusing concept.)The woods are occasonally stocked with *monsters*, but not normal wild cats, especially not the ones you are no doubt talking about. Tigers and Jaguars live nowhere near this area. Only in Zoos. I'm also going to ignore the apparent assumption that Agamemnon is rendered completely useless by any drop of water as well as the assumption that water is going to be a huge, overpowering factor.)
(TL;DR.... No.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:22 am

((I'm not like talking about big wild cats. Cats that live in the wild, you know? Even stray cats would work.There is a good amount of them, I should guess.))

Estelle sighed, exasperated. 'Okay, I give up. I admit it is a bit.. unusual, kay? I just thought you would like to listen.' She unslung her bag, pulling out an old book. 'This is a Korean book about tactics that I translated into English. I think it would be of a lot of help.' There was the faintest trace of a smile playing on her lips. She set the book down next to Agamemnon. 'Sorry if I insulted you.' she murmured to it, or him.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:00 pm

(Still doesn't really make any more sence, even if it is slightly more plausable.)

Agamemnon gave some clicks, indicating a lighter mood. It flicked its tail some. Jake, waved off Estelle's offer of the book. "Well, it might be better showing it to someone else: I'm not even going to be here, I'll be off questing for the...." He looked back at Kris and Wes. "What sort of wild goose chase are we on this time?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:15 am

Estelle picked it up. 'You sure?'she asked. 'There are some things on offense.' she smiled at Aggie.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:02 pm

(Kris... Wes.... I just paved a way back into the main conversation and you are ignoring it.... I'd like to get this quest going sometime before the year ends....)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:36 pm

"I have no idea..." Kris said, not looking up from the books. "There are so many shield references it's not even funny."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Wes dropped her head onto the book, a mind-numming thought having just entered her head, "I'mma be on so many levels of pissed if it's not even a material object. Like, if we're looking for some way to 'sheild our souls' or something stupid like that."
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:40 pm

"Greeks don't care about shielding your soul." Jake said with a scoff. He leaned back against Agamemnon. "Look- everything worth questing for has been used by some sort of hero at some point. Just look up the idem list and start scratching them off."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  §WØ®∑ÅN Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Ken starting ran up completely out of breath. "i hhhaave something that *lots of deep breathing* that will help you guys out." he said completely out of breath."its a *breaths deeply again.* one moment."
§WØ®∑ÅN
§WØ®∑ÅN

Drachmae : 2550
Location : In the usa but if i gave you more info i would have to kill you. that or i was support to give any one who knew where i lived and who i was a gift basket. i don't remember. Oh i I KNOW. wait i forgot again. I GOT IT BACK AGAIN. forgot. LOST FOUND LOST FOUND LOST FOUND(this may be awhile.) I also noticed i got the longest exscuse for why i am not giveing my location and the most stupid one as well. Do I get a REWARD? maybe a WORLD RECORD? yes? no? MAY BE SO?

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 pm

(I guess I'm moving the topic again?)
"Wonderful. I was beginning to feel a bit shorthanded without a giant mechanical beast of awesome accompanying us." Jake said dryly to Ken. Without missing a beat he turned back to Wes and Kris. "I'm going to have to pull up Wikipedia myself, aren't I?" He said, knowing that he'd actually have to participate. Agamemnon rumbled.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  §WØ®∑ÅN Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Neutral Ken looked blankly (wait you said you guys needed a passage. Because thats what i had other than a few other things ken found like a few days ago that i will not mention)
§WØ®∑ÅN
§WØ®∑ÅN

Location : In the usa but if i gave you more info i would have to kill you. that or i was support to give any one who knew where i lived and who i was a gift basket. i don't remember. Oh i I KNOW. wait i forgot again. I GOT IT BACK AGAIN. forgot. LOST FOUND LOST FOUND LOST FOUND(this may be awhile.) I also noticed i got the longest exscuse for why i am not giveing my location and the most stupid one as well. Do I get a REWARD? maybe a WORLD RECORD? yes? no? MAY BE SO?

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:12 pm

(Passage as in.... Travel? No. Kris can drive. And real questers walk anyway. A passage as in a section of a book, yes. We don't know what we're looking for rp-wise. I'm not quite understanding your OOC comment. Jake is being blunt because he's like that as a character, he was responding for the fact that you had something to help.)

(And Kris or Wes, it would be nice if you posted.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  §WØ®∑ÅN Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:02 pm

(oh okay and no by that i meant a way to leave camp also what kind of passage because that fits right into what ken found. well several things fit into what ken found. even if you wanted every one to be eaten Very Happy)
§WØ®∑ÅN
§WØ®∑ÅN

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Kris grabbed a laptop. (idk where it came from...) "I will look online and see what I can find." She opened the computer and went straight to Google. She searched 'ancient greek heroes and shield.' The first first link that came up was that of that of Achilles Shield. Something just stuck in her mind with this shield. She marked it down and went looking at other links. But she couldn't get her mind off of this shield. "Wes, have you found anything in those books about Achilles Shield?"

((Sorry if I pushed that but we need to get this rolling))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  §WØ®∑ÅN Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am

"that is *wezze* what i think that will help you." he said catching his breath.

(yeah this was all i could post at this moment so yeah don't hate on me for 1 line)
§WØ®∑ÅN
§WØ®∑ÅN

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:35 pm

(No, pushing is good. lol, we can say you grabbed Jake's laptop. Time for more push!)
Jake perked at the mention of Achilles. Remembering something he found cool, he answered before Wes did. "I don't know if the guy had a shield, but I know my dad made this awesome piece of work for the arrogant brat. Some special armor that was tailor-made for the guy. The stories say the thing was literally invincible." He gave a dry smile. "Didn't really help his friend who tried it on, though... or when he shot himself in the foot."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:38 pm

"Achilles' Shield?" Wes repeated, looking up from the book, "It's probably in here somewhere, but the best place to look for it would be in the Iliad. I think I brought a copy, hold on." She went through the pile of books and pulled it out. "If I remember correctly," she started as she flipped through the old, crinkled pages, "the shield came with that set of armor that was to replace the armor his buddy lost in the battle. Odysseus won it after his death, and later gave it to Achilles' son." She skimmed the pages to check her facts.
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  §WØ®∑ÅN Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 am

(Did some on delete my post because i still can not enter via parental controls)
§WØ®∑ÅN
§WØ®∑ÅN

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Kris pulled up an online version of the Iliad and started skimming through it. "Yeah that sounds right." She then switched to looking for a picture of the shield on Google Images until she realized that Ken had said something. Kris looked up at him with a questioning look. "What are you talking about? What do you know that we don't?"
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next