Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

+3
Axel The Bunny
Callistos
Cerulaen
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!) - Page 2 Empty Re: About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

Post  Cerulaen Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:10 pm

((I swear Jake, you always think Ri is yelling xD Just because she's in an argument doesn't mean she's raising her voice! I never raise my voice when I'm angry...if anything, it gets quieter o.O But heh. Yesh. Enjoy thy cheeseburger. You can notice things when glowy pink lights start shooting around. And make sure everyone bows respectfully ^.^))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!) - Page 2 Empty Re: About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

Post  Versaille Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:19 am

((Hi, Ceru ^.^))

Jericho was alone at the Dionysus table so far, half-heartedly poking at the food on his plate. Even though he kept pushing the strawberry jell-o from one side of the plate to the other, it didn't appear to get any smaller. He'd much rather be cooking food than eating food at the moment.

Sighing, the ravenet propped his chin up on his right hand, his gaze searching for something else to look at besides the pink gelatin on his plate. As his pallid blue eyes drifted around the mess hall, he caught sight of some kind of commotion going on at the Aphrodite table. Normally, Jericho would pay the least amount of attention to the Aphrodite children as possible--being around them had always made him uncomfortable. Especially when they tried to pair him up with random girls. In truth, the thought of a girl possibly liking him terrified the black-haired boy.

However, this commotion seemed like more than just the normal you-stole-my-lip-gloss-where-is-is argument. No, this seemed more...well, for lack of a better word, real. In other words, it didn't appear to be about shallower matters. Tugging on one of his unruly black curls, Jericho wished Damon would get back from his trip already. He would've known what to do--whether to intervene or stay on the sidelines.

((Well, first go with Jericho. It'll be interesting to see where he takes his character o.o))
Versaille
Versaille

Drachmae : 25
Location : My computer. All the time. Seriously, just ask my mother.

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Cat glanced at Corra when the blue-eyed brunette addressed her, and she tried for a smile.
  After Corra's short reprimanding, Daquiri, who seemed ready to snap an insult back at Cat, turned her attention back to the other girl and made another angry statement.

As much as Cat disliked Daquiri's short temper and hostile attitude, she had to agree: nothing good ever came from love. She'd never experienced it firsthand, thank god, but she had seen enough from the people around her - couples acting overly mushy with each other, as if they only had half a brain. And then there were the pointless complications and dramatizations about this and that, like oh-he-forgot-my-birthday-I-cried-for-a-week, or those stupid on-and-off-and-on-and-off relationships. No matter where she was, she always got an earful of those people. And she hated it. She especially hated the way her mother and Eddie interacted, with him being all moody and careless, while her mother seemed to always be looking for his approval. What was the point?
  She shoved her hand into her pocket, her fingers closing around her guitar pick, and kept quiet, waiting to see how Corra would counter.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:59 pm

((BUMP. We need you to post, Calli o.o))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:56 pm

((lol, sorry, ive been buusy, what with the holidays coming and all. Razz )) Corra took a step back, closing her eyes and willing herself to calm down. No, this girl was in no way an Aphrodite kid. No sibling of hers would ever bash love like that. Even though she didnt exactly agree with her mother on many things, she did believe in love, more than anything else. It was all Corra could hope for and believe in anymore. Her face went red as she noticed campers from other tables watching them. She refused to look at Daquiri as her voice got lower and lower, hardly above a whisper. She didnt worry about being heard- everyone else was too quiet. "Youre wrong," was all she dared breathe.
Callistos
Callistos

Drachmae : 564

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite/Hecate
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Corra seemed to take Daquiri's renouncing of love quite personally. Which Cat could understand, considering she was a daughter of the love goddess. And when Corra looked around and turned red, she suddenly became conscious of the other campers' eyes on them as well. And she happened to be standing right there. She didn't like being noticed by a large amount of people all at once. Would it be too late to edge out of the mess hall...? Man up, she told herself. She set her jaws stubbornly and forced herself to stay put.
  Cat felt like she probably should break up the tension between the two girls before sharp objects got involved... but something told her not to. It was that weird intuitive feeling she sometimes got, telling her something... big... was about to happen. She could never quite put a finger on what it was, though she could tell it was, for the most part, not violent. For the most part.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Daquiri stepped a little closer to the daughter of Aphrodite. "I'm wrong, am I?" she sneered. "Why don't you tell that to the woman that left my father. Or the countless amount of people that are abused a day." There were so many cruel things done in the name of "love" that it made Daquiri sick. The knuckles of her clenching fists were white with anger as she continued. "And for that matter, why don't you look at all of the Greek myths you people seem to be so fascinated with? Those are just full of great love stories, aren't they?"

Daquiri didn't care if every other person in the Mess Hall was staring at her now. Let them stare. The more people that knew not to bring up the subject of love around her, the better. She'd had more guys hit on her than she could count over the years, and she knew to them that it all meant nothing. To them, love was a plaything that they could bat around with until they got bored. To others, it was a way to abuse their power over others. Love was complicated, love was dirty, and there was nothing beautiful about it. And she was going to shove the truth into Corra's face no matter how it affected her.

"And what about you, Corra?" Daquiri asked, suddenly lowering her voice to a menacingly low octave. "Don't tell me your mother stuck around to raise you." The red-head's intense blue eyes bore into Corra's.

((...Daquiri is starting to scare me with how much she hates love. Holy crap. *goes and hides*))

Last edited by Cerulaen on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Cat stared at the angry strawberry blonde girl. She's getting scary again... She stepped back a little, unnerved by the negative energy coming off of her like a tidal wave. She tried not to show it on her face though, expressing slight annoyance instead. Perhaps her intuition was wrong. Things really did seem as if they were going into a dangerous direction...
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 pm

At this point, Corra refused to back down. She looked right into the red-head eyes when she spoke. But this time, she spoke more gently, not to anger her too much, to save herself. "None of the gods ever stay. Its something we have to live with, every single one of us." She raised her voice so she was no longer whispering. "And Im not about to give up on love completely just because some silly love goddess left my father. Im not trying to fight. You have your opinion, I have mine. I was..." she hesitated before she spoke her next words. "I was just trying to help."
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:25 am

Daquiri stepped back, not wanting to associate herself with this daughter of love anymore. "I don't need, nor do I want your help," she hissed. "If you want to have your own opinion, then keep it to yourself. Because I sure as h*** don't give a d***. And I will never believe in your stupid love!" With that outburst, Daquiri slammed her tea mug onto the table and whipped around on her heel to leave.

When she saw everyone staring at her, she glared at all of them. "What?" she snapped, more than irritated at this point. And that was when she noticed... an ethereal glow of pink seemed to be radiating from somewhere. The red-head looked over both shoulders to look for the source, but it wasn't coming off of something. In fact... it looked like it was coming off of her.

And that was when she noticed that she was no longer wearing a gaudy orange shirt with ripped-up shorts. Instead, a long white dress with a golden sash draped down her body to the ground. In confusion, a hand flew to her braid--but it was no longer there. In fact, last time she checked, she was pretty sure her hair hadn't been curled. Looking around at everyone gaping, Daquiri resisted the urge to stamp her foot like a child in a tantrum.

"Would anyone like to tell me what the h*** is going on?"

((Derp, sorry for all the itallics and astericks... Daquiri is not of the happy at the moment, as we can all tell. And for anyone interested, here is what Daquiri is now wearing:))

Hair, dress front, dress back, headpiece, arm cuff, and gladiator sandals:
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Jake jumped as he heard the mug slam down on the table, and he looked up from his second extremely delicious cheeseburger, figuring that was a cue to break up whatever what happen-....

Holy freakin' goddess.

He would probably have to pick up his jaw from the floor. Despite what you might think, Jake did know what most people would count as pretty or beautiful. He just had too many things on his mind to look as often as other teenage boys might.
Well right now any previous thoughts were reduced to something that averaged out to 'Wow'.

It wasn't often that people suddenly had a literal and almost tangible aura of beauty and attraction, as if they just stepped out of the wake just like... Oh. Duh.

Jake managed to force himself to pick up his jaw, and wake up again. This involved a quick shake of his head in a pitiful attempt to clear it so he could say something more than 'Uhguhhh....'. He tuned back in with Daquiri demanding an explanation.

He stood up and walked over, trying to get his mind not focused on the disorienting pink glow, or the shimmer of the golden jewelry, or the curls of her hair or body, or the.... he wasn't doing a very good job. Jake cleared his throat, making sure that what came out would be comprehensible English.

"Well, I would guess that you just got claimed." Good. He could talk again. Of course, he did it at a bit slower pace than he usually spoke in. He didn't want to accidentally say something stupid, lame, or an awestruck comment about her... everything. "Probably Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty."

Understatement of the century.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Jake's words, the symbol above Daquiri's head and her sudden makeover, it was all too much. She stepped back quickly, blue eyes wide in shock. "No... No, it cant be." Her voice got louder and louder. "There has to be some mistake!" she yelled. "Aphrodite claimed you as her daughter. But that cant be true. You cant be my... sister." The word sounder strange on her tongue, they were never ment for Daquiri. still, the signs were all too clear- the same thing had happened at her very own claiming. but Corra didnt give up- she refused to believe it. The gods did make mistakes, after all. She fell to the floor, mortified, in denial.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:04 am

((I be posting for Estelle! Unfortunately, her mother will let her go on her email, but not HBV... so we'll have to do this for now. xP))

Estelle was typing like crazy on her laptop, her food left uneaten. The loud distractions made her frown, but she didn't look up until she was done.

Then she saw Daquiri getting claimed. She wasn't surprised, and mild triumph leaked into her smile. "I knew that would happen," she murmured. Aphrodite. Who wouldn't have guessed? Nevertheless, people were startled. She smirked, having the first bite of food all day. She'd been busy, searching up poisons and whatnot. Although she wasn't exactly friendly with Ri, she'd developed a grudging respect for her. She knew how to acknowledge people's strengths, no?

Suddenly she felt that being a single would help them become closer.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Versaille Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:39 am

At this point, Jericho had completely forgotten about his dinner. He wasn't even the one people were staring at and heat was still seeping into his cheeks. So the red-headed girl was a daughter of Aphrodite. He got flustered just looking at her and all of her... oh gosh, he couldn't even describe her. He got embarrassed simply trying to.

She was literally the most beautiful creature he'd ever laid eyes on. Er, not to say that she was a creature, she was a girl of course, she was just... well... Jericho shook his head, forcing himself to look away from the glowing pink spectacle. Don't think about, don't think about it, he thought over and over to himself. But it was hard to erase the image from his mind.

Why did this always happen to him?
Versaille
Versaille

Drachmae : 25
Location : My computer. All the time. Seriously, just ask my mother.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:54 am

((Yays, more posts. ^.^ We'll just be waiting for Cat now! Btw, Calli, Aphrodite's symbol doesn't appear when she claims her children. xP Remember in the books, Piper looks above her head for a symbol like Leo gets one but she doesn't have one? She just turns beautiful. xP))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:27 am

((Yep, a beauty makeover. Tebh. Most likely Daquiri would be all decked out in a pretty dress with makeup and hair and whatever))
Lily looked up from her sketchbook with a slight sigh. So much fighting. Usually she drew/played/talked through the thing and minded her business, as quite a lot of the kids who fought would somehow land her in the dirt with some sort of bruise or wound, only to come back and offer a lavish apology, not recognizing who she was. The boys were usually rolling around in the dirt now. She sighed, closed the sketchbook, and walked over with a frown on her face, only to see two-Aphrodite, yes? -girls and Jake. Another one was there, all flamboyant and well-perfect. Aphrodite as well. Her dinner, previously left untouched, began to get cold.
She walked over quietly, Just trying to figure out what was wrong. Luckily one of the girls standing nearby summarized all she had seen-and Lily was able to push through the others and end up in the little.....circle, as she'd call it.
She mentally laughed at how people would see her. Lately she hand't exactly been in her best. Straightener long forgotten and sporadic ankle attacks along with a sense of loneliness had sort of destroyed her.She stood in front of one of the Aphrodite girls, looking defeated on the floor.
"Nothing you can do now," she said gently. Vaguely she remembered her own claiming. It was mostly fuzzy. She didn't't remember Kris being so cold to her though.
She looked up at the sky wordlessly.
"Love tends to do a lot of things......"

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:14 pm

((...Crap. Oh well, ignore that little bit then Razz. Im currently waiting for Daquiri to reply, it doesnt seem like Cat's going to be here for a bit- she hasnt logged on as often. So, ill post here again once that happens Razz ))
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:23 pm

(thats cuz her sister blocked HBV on her computer)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:03 pm

((She said she was going to post today, soooo I'm gonna go ahead and wait for her. xP I'd rather not post before her.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Cat wondered if she could blame her ADHD for this. Probably not. But Daquiri was glowing pink, and suddenly dressed like some sort of Greek goddess. Really though, nothing at this camp should be a surprise anymore.
   There was, of course, the possibility that she was hallucinating. A few days in this camp, and it wasn't exactly impossible to turn a little nutty.
   But no. Looking around, she saw that the other campers were also gaping in surprise. They saw it, too.
   She turned around a little more upon hearing a familiar voice speak out. It was Jake, and, listening to him (he seemed to be struggling to speak, which Cat found highly amusing - and slightly weird), she quickly understood everyone's confusion. Who wouldn't be startled? The fierce, irritable red-head was a daughter of Aphrodite, goddess of love. How ironic, considering she had just renounced it. She liked irony.
   She heard Corra begin yelling in disbelief behind her, and she turned back to the other daughter of Aphrodite. Her clear blue eyes were wide with shock.
   "You can't be my... sister," Corra said to Daquiri with difficulty.
   She crumpled to the floor, looking absolutely horrified, and Cat quickly took action, going to kneel down beside her and looking her over in concern.
   "Take a deep breath, Corra," she said soothingly, while her mind swept quickly through her options. Comfort her by joining her in the wonderful world of denial - ha, no. Cat wasn't one to try and fool herself or someone else into a false sense of comfort. Unless they were trying to kill her. Then it was fair game. And there'd be some difficulty with getting Corra to accept the reality calmly and quietly. She was loath to push her, here and now, in a loaded mess hall. She sighed, raising her head and looking at the marbled tabletop of Aphrodite table. Whatever Corra's favorite drink is, please? she asked silently. A mug appeared, and she took it and handed it to Corra.
   "Here," she said. "Remember the first day I was here? You showed me how to do that," she said in a conversational tone, offering the girl a smile. Hopefully she could take Corra's thoughts off of Daquiri being her half-sister, divert her attention for now and help her deal with it later... when the whole camp wasn't gaping in their direction at the neon pink Greek Barbie girl.
   She wondered whether the flamboyant claiming was done, but she didn't dare look, lest she draw Corra's attention back to it as well.

She looked up as another voice spoke, coming from a blonde girl she had never seen before.
   "Nothing you can do now," the girl told Corra gently. She looked up at the sky, saying, "Love tends to do a lot of things..."
   Cat wondered what she meant by that. She looked back at Corra, reading her expression to see how she was doing now.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Jake Arin was the last person she expected to speak up to her demand. Turning around to face the boy, she narrowed her eyes at him as he butchered his way through an explanation. Was he actually tripping over himself because a dress had appeared on her body? Come on--it wasn't like she'd just flashed him or anything. Her make-shift belly shirt showed more skin than--

Wait a second.

What had he just said? She was pretty sure she'd just heard the words "claimed" and "Aphrodite, Goddess of Love" used in the same sentence. She looked above her head, expecting to see some kind of floating symbol like she'd seen above Cat when the girl had been claimed by Apollo. However, no dove. No scallop shell. Not even an all-too-obvious heart.

Just a freaking dress and new hair. At least the Barbie Christmas tree effect was dying down now. She looked for signs of her clothes magically melting back to her old ones, but apparently that wasn't part of the deal. And everyone was still staring. That was when she heard the outburst behind her.

Turning around, Daquiri found herself staring into Corra's rather shocked eyes. However, she seemed to be too caught up in her disbelief to register that the red-head was looking at her when she voiced her incredulity at Daquiri being her sister.

Oh God. Oh God, oh God, oh--gods. The girl was right. If she was a daughter of Aphrodite, that made Corra her... half-sister. And if Corra was her half-sister, that made Aphrodite her mother. This was... insane. How could she even believe this? She hated love--and she'd just made that clear to every kid in the camp. How the heck was she supposed to be the daughter of the Goddess of Love? This made no sense. And she really needed to sit down at the moment.

As Cat and another blonde girl Daquiri didn't know consoled Corra--she seemed to be taking the whole sister thing a lot worse than Daquiri herself was--the red-head turned back to Jake with a hand to her head. She could feel a sculpted circlet around her head that felt like it was in the shape of leaves. Interesting accessory. The ones she usually wore were made of rawhide. Shaking her head, she looked up at Jake, trying to not panic and to keep what little defiance she had left. Taking a step towards him, she dug her newly-manicured finger nails into her palms. "Are you sure this is right?" she demanded. "They can't be serious," she said, throwing a hand up at the sky. "Where's Chiron? Can't he tell this doesn't make sense?" The strawberry blonde was almost desperate to the point that she didn't even pay attention to the look of stupor the son of Hephaestus was trying to cover up as he looked at her. She'd deal with that later.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Corra smiled at Cat- she was so kind. But not her, nor the blond girl she'd seen before but didnt know, could shake her disbelief and horror. "The gods made a mistake," she whhispered firmly. "She's not...," she looked at Cat and the other girl, standing up now. "You all heard her just now- refusing love. Aphrodite cant have birthed a child who cant believe in love." She froze. Shook her head. She was being so dramatic. But still- she didnt believe yet. They needed Chiron-- and quick.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:12 am

"Calm down everyone." Chrion said, stomping a hoof for silence. When the excited murmurs died down, the centaur approached the loose circle of demigods.

Jake took a step back to give the teacher more room into the circle. He was doing his best to look every way but Ri's. Watching Chiron approach was a good enough way to do that.

Chiron took a breath and looked over the group of demigods, all looking at him expectantly now.
He looked at Daquiri, the blessing of Aphrodite clearly upon her.

"As many mistakes as the gods may sometimes make, I'm afraid this cannot be a mistake." The ancient sage said solemnly. "Daquiri, my dear, you are indeed a daughter of Aphrodite."

With that, he gave a formal bow from his waist. (It still counts as a waist when he's a centaur, right?)

Jake glanced at Chiron, then Daquiri, and realized with a jolt he was supposed to bow too. He quickly did so. They skipped over that quite a few times when Chiron wasn't around, so he sort of forgot. And of course, you can't have Chiron knowing you made a habit out of skipping ancient tradition.

GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 am

Well, that clearly didn't work. Cat pressed her lips together, disappointed. But it didn't matter. She'd come to terms with it.

Sooner than she'd thought, apparently, with Chiron trotting over.
She had finally found out that the activities director was half-horse during her first official meal at camp. That had been an interesting revelation. Especially when she learned that he was the Chiron, the teacher of heroes from all the old Greek stories.
She got to her feet as the centaur assured them all that Daquiri was indeed a child of Aphrodite. Well, that settled that.
He bowed, as did many other people around the mess hall, including Jake. She hesitated for a moment, then copied them.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:27 am

Lily immediately bowed silently, blonde hair blocking her eyesight for moment and then returning to its messy formation down her back. She really should have brushed it out a little before coming out.
Obviously this new girl was different. She opposed love. Funny. As she remembered, not even Piper Mclean had tried to do so. Of course,there were plenty of others who despised love. One who had soothed her when she had returned to them, heartbroken and weak. They had made her stronger, to take love much less serious and to flirt a little.
Somehow....she felt close to the Daquiri girl. Maybe she's stick close to them for a while.......make sure her half sister-Cat, if she remembered correctly- wouldn't rip her to shreds. Being in cabin 10,it was possible. Anything was possible in cabin 10.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next