Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

+3
Axel The Bunny
Callistos
Cerulaen
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!) Empty About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

Post  Cerulaen Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:56 am

((So, guess who's going to be making up shtuff as she goes along? That's right, THIS UNICORN. And when I say this topic is open to everyone, I mean EVERYONE. So people, get your butts over here and post! It's dinnah time, by the way.))

After the bout at the Amphitheatre with a certain moronic son of Hephaestus, Daquiri really wasn't in the mood to be around more people. It was at times like this that she normally holed herself away in her room alone to write in her journal and recompose herself.

However, her "room" happened to be a log cabin filled with kleptomaniac gremlins every other square inch. And had she mentioned that they had no concept of the word "cleanliness"? Of all the places she could've stayed in this god-forsaken place, of course it had to be the cabin with soiled, crumpled up sheets, crushed soda cans littering the floor, and pizza stains on the walls. How they got there, she'd never know. But she could barely breathe in this place. It was disgusting and messy, and the red-head couldn't stand anything that wasn't at its utmost perfection. It was unfortunate, but it literally jarred her out of being able to function normally if everything wasn't just so.

And thus, Daquiri couldn't stand being in there after flying off the handle at Mister Flame Fingers. She needed to clear her head, and for that she needed one thing: herbal tea. When she got to the eating pavilion, she was glad to see that no one else was there. Sighing in audible relief, Daquiri slowly lowered herself down at one of the tables at random. They all looked the same, so she figured it really couldn't matter where she was sitting. After giving her temples a quick rub, she looked around curiously. Of all the places at Camp Half-Blood, she hadn't yet been here. She'd refused to eat with everyone else--after all, there was no need when the Hermes boys insisted on bringing her back what they considered "delicacies." She had had to scrape all of the cheese and pepperonis and grease off of the pieces of pizza before she'd considered them even decent to eat. And the doughy bread was still pushing it.

Casting a critical eye around the empty pavilion, she wondered where exactly everyone got their food. There didn't appear to be a kitchen or a buffet or anything that provided food here. Closing her eyes, she massaged the sides of her head again, just wishing a mug of tea would appear in front of her and she wouldn't have to go loping across the countryside to find one. But she pulled herself together, taking a deep breath and reopened her eyes as she began to get up to go find some.

And that was when she realized that a white mug of tea was casually sitting on the table in front of her. What the--

[Enter: someone whose table she's sitting at. Derp.]
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!) Empty Re: About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

Post  Callistos Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:48 pm

((im excited!!)) Corra walked into the dining area after her sword fighting training. She was well taken care of and needed something. However, when she walked in, she noticed someone else, a girl who was vaguely familiar, sitting at the Aphrodite table. She wasnt from Aphrodite cabin, so she must be unclaimed. She began to wal up to her.
Callistos
Callistos

Drachmae : 564

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite/Hecate
Items :

Back to top Go down

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!) Empty Re: About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

Post  Cerulaen Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:53 pm

((Should I post, or wait for someone else to post...?))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:55 pm

(i would rp here but Daquiri meets Ax at the lake so...unless i have an indirect part in this thread doesnt look like ima get the chance to anger Daquiri here.)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:07 pm

((Haha, yeah, I had the same thoughts....you could always wait for more people to join and then be in the background observing. xP))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:32 pm

((You should post, Ceru. Get Corra and Ri talking before everyone comes filing in. And at the peak of her anger, BOOM. its done. Razz ))
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:59 pm

((oh, hey Ceru, Ive finished my Hunter character. I wrote out her entire bio and did a whole short story on her. Im crazy excited to start roleplaying with her. How soon do you think is too soon? :/ ))
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:52 pm

((I'll post later tonight. I might have time within the next hour or so, or I may be posting after 10:00 when I'm done filming. And ooh! Yay for characters! But hmm...you joined on the 27th, and today's the 11th...PM me the app and I'll take a look at it, make sure it's way up to par. If its amazing and I ask Jake nicely, he might let you in a tad early.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:54 pm

((my phone wont let me PM... :/ Do you think theres any other way?))
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:14 pm

((Ohhh right, I forgot...can you send email?))
[Derp, I'll just edit my post into this...]

Daquiri was still staring at the pristine mug of tea sitting in front of her when movement in her peripheral vision caught her attention. Glancing over quickly, she saw that it was another girl--barely older than her, if that, and with what she would consider an attractive face. The red-head was accustomed to other girls hating her for her own good looks--one of the perks of being attractive, in her opinion--and Daquiri could easily imagine that this girl experienced similar reactions from her peers. Lucky for her, Daquiri was blessed with the good fortune of never having the need to feel jealous of other people's looks--after all, beauty didn't last forever; there were much more important things in life to worry about.

But enough with that philosophical $***.

Ignoring the brunette girl as she walked up in hopes that she would sit somewhere else, Daquiri turned her concentration back to her tea. Yes, the magically appearing tea--not exactly something she would stake her life on if she was dying of thirst. Bringing it to her nose, she gave the drink a tentative sniff. Exotic spices filled her nose, smelling vaguely familiar. Was it...? Her eyes widened.

Taking a delicate sip, she discovered that it was. Her favorite tea flavor, Madagascar Red, that she hadn't been able to find in years. And as if that weren't strange enough, it had just the right amount of cream and honey that she liked.

...But how was that possible?

((Heh. Did anyone catch my oh-so-clever wording at the end of that first paragraph? ;D))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:53 pm

A bit taken back when the girl so obviously ignored her, Corra tapped a fingernail on the table. "Hey," she said. "I dont think Ive seen you before. You must be unclaimed. Im Corra Castling." She held out a hand to the red-head. "And, well, this is mine and my siblings table. My mom's Aphrodite." Corra couldnt tell who the girls parent might be. She was definatly pretty, but she didnt exactly strike her as an Aphrodite kid. Corra could usually spot siblings. Maybe she was the kid of a minor god? It was hard to tell.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Daquiri was taken out of her moment of disbelief when a girly voice introduced itself. Glancing over, she saw that it was none other than the brunette girl she'd been trying to ignore. People, she inwardly muttered. They never knew how to take a hint. Turning slightly, Daquiri let her eyes rest for a moment on the girl's manicured hand before pointedly ignoring the gesture to meet her brilliant blue gaze. "Daquiri," she threw out dismissively.

However, when the girl--Corra, she supposed--mentioned that her immortal parent was Aphrodite, the red-head narrowed her eyes. "A daughter of Aphrodite," she said dryly. "Perfect. Forgive me if I cuss out your...mother a few times within the next few minutes." It was just her luck that out of all the tables she could have sat at, she'd ended up at the one for the Love Godesses' children.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Corra smiled. Daquiri obviously wasnt used to having friendly conversation. But when she talked about cussing Aphrodite out, well, she couldnt help but smile. "By all means, do so. Just because she's my mother doesnt mean I dont do the same thing myself sometimes." Corra cringed slightly. She felt she had let out a little too much personal info in that last sentence. Neverless, she was stubborn and sat across from the red-head. ((cant email either... hmm.))
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:58 pm

((Well, if you can send regular emails, like gmail or something, I wouldn't mind PMing you my personal email. And if that doesn't work, you can just post a note in my wall. Or FB me or something, lawl.))

Daquiri raised an eyebrow. Not exactly what she would've expected from a daughter of Aphrodite. She'd heard mention around camp that the Aphrodite Cabin kids were normally either talking about their own looks and relationships, or other people's looks and relationships. Basically, two things that Daquiri detested mulling over. "Well, in that case..." Daquiri trailed off as she casually flipped off the sky. "That one's for you, Aphrodite. You can keep your d*** love to yourself."

The red-head raised her tea back to her lips, noting that there seemed to be a change in Corra's disposition. She didn't ask, of course; she didn't bother to concern herself with other people. She had enough on her own plate, thank you very much.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Corra smiled slightly. Even if Daquiri didnt like her- and for what reason, she didnt know. She had done nothing - she could tell she had found it strange at the mention of not being a bubbly Aphrodite girl. As more campers started filing in for food, Corra thought of her own plate of simple turkey sandwitches and grapes. "You can stay and eat here if you want. Your appearance certainly passes you off as an Aphrodite kid, and understand not wanting to sit with the Hermes kids, Ive been there before." She paused, for just a second. "If you dont mind mme asking, who do you think your godly parent is?"
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:00 am

[Oh my gosh why didn't I see this before? I MUST JOIN. Cat has got to be present for Ri's claiming. Razz Especially if it's in the mess hall during a meal; after all, the girl's gotta eat! Okay. So this is the same day as the amphitheater episode, correct? By the way, Ceru, come back to the chatbox! I want to discuss plottage with you. By the way, this is lunchtime right?

Edit: Derp, okay, it's dinner.]

Cat wanted pancakes. Of course, that was typically breakfast food, but hey, dinner could always use some pancake awesomeness. Besides, she had just been served another batch of Greek mythology camp weirdness - rainbow fire in the camp's amphitheater. That called for pancakes.
 She walked into the mess hall, expecting it to be empty. The conch shell horn dinner bell thing hadn't gone off yet. But there were two campers sitting down already at one of the tables. She couldn't remember which god or goddess held claim to that one; they all looked the same, really. Then again, it didn't really matter where the Athena kids sat or where the Hypnos kids sat. As long as she remembered where she herself was supposed to sit (and thankfully she did).
 She recognized Corra, the girl she had met the night she had arrived, right after she had been claimed. She had brought Cat down to the mess hall and showed her the meal routine as well. She hadn't seen Corra since then, even if they all had meals here, together. Too many kids, too many faces, so she didn't bother to try singling anyone out or looking out for anyone she had met.
 She walked over, feeling compelled to say hello to the Aphrodite girl.
 "Hey Corra," she said, approaching the two girls, when she suddenly noticed that the girl Corra sat with had red hair. Oh no.

Last edited by Lady Catryn on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:31 am

((Daquiri's favorite tea flavour should have been Chai Tea... but whatever.))

Syl sauntered into the Mess Hall and sat down. There weren't a lot of people on the Hephaestus table.
She held the magical glass in thought of what to order.
"Raspberry Juice." She said and the glass filled up with a dull dark purple shade. The top rippled as she took a sip. Bitter, but sweet at the end.
She was just about to get her food when she saw Daquiri, Corra and Cat.
The red head didn't seem to be too happy.
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:10 pm

((Cat: It's DINNAH TIME actually (that was an Emperor's New Groove reference, for all who didn't think of it). And yes, sorry I haven't been on chat...I had two 8 1/2 hour shifts at work two days in a row, so I couldn't chat then and when I got home and was usually busy with stuffs...but I like plottage, so I shall get on when I see you are on again!
Syl: Lawl, that would be funny xD But you know...Madagascar Red is MY favorite...so...xD
General Comments: Cat, the end of your post made me crack up. And Syl, I feel like everyone just assumes that Ri is always mad now xD))

Daquiri set her icy glare on Corra. "I look like an Aphrodite child, do I?" she said through her teeth. "I'm more than just another pretty face, girly. Just because I might be hotter than you doesn't make us related." Then, taking her tea in hand, she stood up. "In fact, are there any tables here that don't have some stupid claim for a god or goddess? Because as far as my god parent is concerned, I'd rather think I don't have one."

Without waiting for an answer, Daquiri turned to go find somewhere else to sit--and almost ran straight into Cat. She cursed under her breath in French when some of her tea spilled. It occurred to her that someone had said something to Corra while Daquiri was talking to her, but the red-head hadn't paid attention to who it was. Well, now it was obvious.

"Well, if it isn't Miss Sunshine," she grumbled.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Cat felt a prickle of irritation. Miss Sunshine? She had used that nickname on someone else a few days ago (but with 'Mr.' instead of 'Miss', since she was referring to a guy) and did not appreciate having it served right back to her. She was not a "sunshine-y" person. But just because her father was Apollo, god of the sun, she was now considered a Miss Sunshine? Great. She let it show on her face how much she disapproved of the nickname.
 "If I'm Miss Sunshine, you must be Barbie," she retorted dryly.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Corra frowned and stood up. She wasnt about tofight with Daquiri, but when she turned on Cat, she had to do something. "Hey," she said firmly. "I wasnt trying to offend you, Daquiri. But just so you know, life might be a lot simpler if you would be nicer. You know, show some love. Love is a great thing." She paused, looking at Cat. "Hey, Cat. Havent seen you in a while." She was trying to diffuse the tension, as she so often was, but she could tell it wasnt going to work with this red head. ((Actually, I think it'd be funnier if Corra's favorite tea was Chai tea Razz ))
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:20 pm

((Jeez, all she did was call her Miss Sunshine, lawl... however, I don't know what to do next. Because if that was a cue for Ri to renounce love and therefore get claimed...well, I kinda wanted Jake to be there for her claiming :-/))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:48 pm

(lol, It's all girls here. You know, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.)
(Whatever. Obligatory post.)

Jake was in the background. Eating a cheeseburger. It was a good cheeseburger.

(There. I am present...and open to suggestions on a more productive post.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:40 pm

(( lol xD. and Ceru, i just kinda wrote whatever came to mind, so if you want it to be the moment where she gets claimed, great! If not, ill try to carry on... im just running out of things to say. Razz ))
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:34 pm

((OKAY. Sorry I haven't posted. Been busy. BUT JAKE'S HERE NOW :DSo everything is okay.))

Daquiri was about to snap a retort to Cat's "Barbie" comment when Corra butted her way back into the conversation. Ugh. Aphrodite children. Unfortunately, the girl's outburst actually pissed Daquiri off enough that it required a reply.

"There is nothing simple about being nice to people," she said evenly, turning her piercing gaze onto the brunette. "People really know how to screw up your life, so I have no obligation to repay them with favors. As for love," she continued, practically spitting the word, "nothing good ever came from it. If you ask me, the whole concept's a bunch of bulls***."

There was a reason she hated the Aphrodite table enough to go out of her way to not sit there. She hated the idea of love, and she wasn't going to have some daughter of Love preach it to her.

((So, no claiming yet. But we could be getting close >:-))

Last edited by Cerulaen on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:45 pm

There seemed to be some sort of commotion going on over at the Aphrodite table. If he listened, he probably could have heard the words, since they were being yelled. Other parts of the mess hall started to quiet down awkwardly.

Jake decided not to take action. He was going to sit and enjoy his cheeseburger, and they could settle things for themselves.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next