Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Daquiri Continued (Andrew, Estelle, Syl--anyone else, just ask)

+2
©razy Dude
Cerulaen
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Meet Daquiri Continued (Andrew, Estelle, Syl--anyone else, just ask) - Page 2 Empty Re: Meet Daquiri Continued (Andrew, Estelle, Syl--anyone else, just ask)

Post  ©razy Dude Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:15 am

Andrew drove his swords into the ground. "Then I'll train you and make sure you know how to use that knife! Now drop and give me 100!" He laughed a little. "But no seriously I'll help you train. I know you're used to the forges." He leaned in and whispered. "And I read emotions. I know you're embarassed by your skills. Happens to all of us at some point.

He got his own knife Junior out. The half celestial bronze and mortal steel was put together on this knife. He always found it fascinating. "Oh yeah and chick that's already mad at me, this is celestial bronze. Helps kill monsters better. And yeah I know I'm crazy and all that crap but you'll learn eventually we're right, you belong here." He smiled and nodded at the girl.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Meet Daquiri Continued (Andrew, Estelle, Syl--anyone else, just ask) - Page 2 Empty Re: Meet Daquiri Continued (Andrew, Estelle, Syl--anyone else, just ask)

Post  Estelle Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:08 am

'It just ensures my victory,' Estelle said playfully. 'But seriously, Daquiri here needs to see how it's done- why don't we, sometime? And Syl,' she grinned. 'Visit me before you start playing with that boy with your knife. Lemme give you some lessons on how to hide your emotions.'
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:13 am

Andrew just smiled you can't hide emotions it's what makes you human.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:14 pm

((Okay, let's see if Daquiri can respond to 50 bajillion posts in one go, lol...))

Daquiri didn't reply to Estelle's reprimand--mainly because, once again, something deep down told her she was right. There was no other way to describe the things that attacked her--they were all monsters. And it had been going on for years now.
But she pushed her thoughts away when Estelle called a name--Acacia--in response to the hoot of an owl. Even with the owl's announcement of its presence, Daquiri widened her eyes a little when the bird settled onto Estelle's shoulder. Owls responding to humans? Sure. Alright. Why not? After all, these were a bunch of teenagers discussing past battles and fighting techniques--if what Andrew was talking about with Estelle was any indication.
Daquiri knew absolutely nothing about these people, and yet she felt some sort of...connection with them. She couldn't explain it. But she knew in her heart that these people were like her. And she didn't know how to feel about it.
She had been ignoring Andrew, but at his words of "chick that's already mad at me," she looked over at him--still glaring daggers, of course, just to reinforce his statement. Her eyes caught the gleam of his blade--half normal steel, but also half bronze, like her own dagger. She heard him call it "celestial bronze." She couldn't say how she knew, but she could just feel that the steel didn't like being mixed with the celestial bronze. She could almost feel some kind of...force, like the two were pushing against each other, trying to separate. It sounded ridiculous, but she sensed it was true. And she also sensed that melding the two metals together had not been an easy task.
Unsheathing her own blade, she looked at her reflection in the polished metal. Same as always, albeit a with a yellow-brown bruise on one side of her forehead. Ouch. She twirled the blade and cocked her head up at Andrew. "This celestial bronze stuff kills them "better," huh?" She said it more like a statement rather than a question. "I suppose that's why that satyr guy made me trade this one for my old knife."
Daquiri switched her attention back to Estelle at the sound of her name. She considered the girl's statement. She needed to see how it was done, did she? She supposed Estelle meant fighting. Daquiri couldn't vouch for her skills against another person, but she could at least say that she knew how to hold her own again monsters. Well, save for those creepy vampire women she'd come across on her way home from school. Those things had landed her here--wherever here was. Speaking of which...
"Where are we?" she asked abruptly. "I mean, I know this place is called Camp Half-Blood, or whatever, but where are we? In America?" Daquiri had the feeling she was a long way from home.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 pm

((You encountered empousai and came alive? Whoa.))

Syl felt like someone was looking at them; a little feeling pricked at the back of her neck. But when she turned around, there was no one.

Probably her nerves.

"Yeah, uh... sure." She answered. The answer would have worked for all their offers.

She turned to the new girl. "America... yeah."
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:08 am

((Haha, Daquiri disintegrated one, but the other managed to knock her out pretty good. Zach's satyr friend, Glen, was there to save her, luckily Razz))

Daquiri regarded this other girl--Syl, Estelle had called her--as she looked behind her shoulder, looking nervous. Daquiri didn't see anything there, but whatever it had been, it seemed to unsettle the girl. All things aside, though, she thought Syl was rather pretty--her light brown hair framing her face in waves, making her bluish-purple eyes stand out. There was a simpleness to her looks though, which Daquiri immediately appreciated.
  Upon hearing her response, though, she gave a small eye-roll. "I know we're in America. I couldn't have been out for that long. But where in America? I'm not still in Virginia, am I?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:11 am

'Long Island Sound,' Estelle added. Acacia hopped into her arms, hooting softly. 'We'd better get going- Acacia doesn't like it here.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:15 am

Long Island Sound? she thought to herself in disbelief. She was in New York? How had a guy with goat legs gotten her all the way to New York? How long had she been out?
  Shaking her head, Daquiri pushed the thought aside and narrowed her eyes at Estelle. "I thought you said this place was safe?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:17 am

Syl blinked. "I'm guessing Acacia doesn't like the infirmary." She said.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:19 am

Daquiri raised a brow, eying the bird. "Why? Is something wrong with her? Like, injury-wise?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:20 am

Syl shrugged and looked at Estelle for an answer.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:29 am

'It is safe.. Safer than out there, at least.' Estelle said. 'Acacia fought with us in a..ah..a recent fight. Her wing almost had a hole in it. Girl stuck a knife in there. Medics here forbid her to fly for a long, long time. She hated it.'Acacia hooted. 'She says they were- actually, I won't translate that.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:33 am

Daquiri looked between Acacia and her mistress in confusion, knitting her brow. "Hold on. Am I missing something? Can you understand her?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:46 am

Syl held back a big grin. "Daughter of Athena... sacred animal is an owl."
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:52 am

Shaking her head slowly, Daquiri closed her eyes. "Now I'll believe anything," she muttered.
Suddenly, her eyes popped open and a hand jerked to her side on reflex when she realized something was missing. Her bag. Why hadn't she realized it was gone? Trying to swallow her panic, she looked back and forth between Estelle, Syl, and Andrew. "My satchel. Do you know where it is? Was it with me when I got here?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:59 am

Estelle shook her head. 'No, you never brought it in here.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:26 am

Digging her nails into her palms, Daquiri shook her head. "No, I mean here as in the camp. When Glen brought me in. Did I have my bag with me? Did someone put it somewhere? "
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:01 am

Syl simply shrugged. "Was there something in the bag?"
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:28 am

Estelle stared at Daquiri. 'Yes, I mean in the camp. Perhaps Chiron took it.' Her eyes were getting a bit cold. 'If it was so important to you, you should have taken good care of it.' She sighed. 'Okay, let's take you to Chiron.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:07 am

Syl was pretty certain that the girl would get either offended or simply a little angry by the second statement.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:19 am

Nodding at Syl, but not giving specifics, Daquiri then slowly looked over at Estelle. "How about you try keeping track of things while you're unconscious, Miss I-Know-Everything," she hissed. There was fire in her eyes. "Believe me, if I wasn't knocked senseless, I wouldn't have let that bag out of my sight." But then she sighed, her relief audible. "Never mind. Just take me to him."

((Do you guys wanna start another topic and I can see if one of the admins will post for Chiron?))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:21 am

((Great. Just a question-is Lily allowed to?))

Syl stared off between them, seeing how Estelle would react. What the girl said was pretty much what she expected her to say, which Syl wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Syl hesitated before asking. "What's your name?"
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:36 am

((Well, I know Lily's a mod, but I think the admins specified that only they can RP Chiron... And lawl, good guess about Daquiri's reaction xD))

Daquiri glanced over at Syl. Well, she supposed she'd given her name to enough strangers today that it wouldn't really matter any more. Besides, Syl seemed...nice. "My name is Daquiri Laurens. And you're Syl?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:40 am

Syl nodded. "Sylvania Summers. Everyone calls me Syl." She was about to add, daughter of Hephaestus, but bit her lip. "Nice to meet you, Daquiri." She added.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:05 am

Looking her up and down, Daquiri tried to discern Syl's disposition. Like she'd observed earlier, she seemed nice. In any case, she hadn't managed to piss Daquiri off yet. But...the way she figured it, if having friends was her thing, Syl would be the kind of person she wouldn't mind hanging around. So Daquiri shrugged. "The feeling's mutual, I suppose."
On Daquiri's standards, she might as well have declared that she had a new best friend.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next