Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lessons (Andrew, Fred, Estelle. Anyone else-ask)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lessons (Andrew, Fred, Estelle. Anyone else-ask) Empty Lessons (Andrew, Fred, Estelle. Anyone else-ask)

Post  Estelle Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Estelle went to another part of the arena. 'Hurry on' she called to Andrew and Fred. 'No need to waste time'
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Lessons (Andrew, Fred, Estelle. Anyone else-ask) Empty Re: Lessons (Andrew, Fred, Estelle. Anyone else-ask)

Post  ©razy Dude Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Andrew sighed being as lazy as he was. He then jogged over to Estelle waiting for Fred. "Try not to hurry Fred." he said with a smile on his face. He then turned his attention towards Estelle "So am I going to be teaching you first or is Fred going to have the honors?"
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Lessons (Andrew, Fred, Estelle. Anyone else-ask) Empty Re: Lessons (Andrew, Fred, Estelle. Anyone else-ask)

Post  Estelle Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:26 am

'First wait for Fred. We can just take turns training each other' Estelle replied as she unslung her bag on her shoulders and set it down someplace safe. She wiped Silverstag's blade on her shirt. Having done this tons of times, she was like an expert in it.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:38 am

" Ok first thing very basic can yeh tell me the basic parts of a sword? not just the pointy bit and the bit you hold." she asked trying not to sound like she was insulting the two. This was the basic 1st lesson she had learning the Germanic style of sword fighting. She held out her Claymore using it as a diagram.
" OK first thing i'm sorry this is basic but i have to start here.
First you have your blade of the pointy bit. Its the bit that kills things.
But the blade consists of 4 parts the point the central ridge the edge and the fuller." she pointed out the blade causally.
" Then you have your hilt first rain guard the bit at the bottom of your blade and at the top of your hilt. then your cross guard. then the grip the bit you hold and lastly the pommel." She indicated the hand grip and cross guards.
" Now we have the booooring bit out of the way lets learn how to kill stuff." She joked
Fred
Fred

Drachmae : 3209

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

http://fantasywar.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Andrew grinned a little and said "Awesome let's do this thing." He then thought of a question "So what are we fighting?" he asked. He then got out his swords and put them together showing only the name Shadow Maker. He then thought to himself 'Thanks Jake for doing something I didn't ask for." He popped his neck and popped his knuckles. Hmm I could probably kill a Minotaur with the help of the other two he continued to think of other things that he could kill.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:57 am

'How about a tri-duel of about 10 minutes or so?' Estelle suggested. 'We can identify the skills and make each our own.' She said, justifying it. 'Plus, we learn to be on our guard.' She drew silverstag, the silver hilt gleaming in the light.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:15 am

Fred smiled she liked these two they were almost as Daft as she was.
" First things first. I don't think you cant take care of your self but this is a training on Talhoffer style sword fighting. Basically cheating." she started thinking to her self.
" Your right a three way..... I didnt mean for that to sound as dirty as it sounded."
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:25 pm

'Huh?' Estelle scrunched her eyebrows a little. 'What?'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Andrew grinned "Thanks for pointing that out. So are we ready to go or what?" Andrew started to wonder what she did on her off times. He got a bad image and got it out of his head faster than it came in. Without them even starting he swung at Fred's arm. She sad cheating, ai he decided to take advantage of it.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:38 am

Estelle sighed, thinking 'here we go again.' She brandished her sword, her braid with the jade twinkling.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:40 am

" OK first rule.." she started. grabbing Andrew's sword and pulling him near she landed a headbutt on him. " ..Is use every inch of your sword. its not just a stabby thing. Swings are slow lunges leave you exposed.so on and so on." She said in a mock authoritarian voice. This was fun but it also could keep them alive. Greek sword fighting was a very different style and most monsters knew it.
This would give them an edge.
She could end this fight quick the 55 inch long sword was easily capable pf out reaching the two but this was a test of there skills.
Still it wasn't fun letting it be two easy on them either.
" Tell me whit kind of swords are you using? " She asked testing there knowledge.
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 am

Andrew scratched his back and thought for a moment "Umm.... Im pretty sure they are both a shamshir but I could be wrong." he said. He didn't really remember so he looked down at his swords to see a big curve on them. "Yeah it's a shamshir but I didn't ask for much on mine, so would it be customed made?" he said. He was curious about what style Estelle's sword was so he asked "So what's your sword Estelle?"
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:42 am

'Made out of celestial bronze, of course. The hilt is pure silver. It has no flat ends of the blade, and it's balanced perfectly. It's always sharp, and even if I don't make it that way on one edge, the other edge cuts things just as well.' Estelle said in one breath. She gulped down some oxygen. 'I think I know it better in the mind, like in my reflexes. I can't quite describe it.' she said. 'It's also practical while setting snares and stuff. They can catch stuff other than animals, you know. In cutting the vines and all. I don't know exact inches, but as long as it suits me, it's cool.' she shrugged, tugging on her braid.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:47 am

" Looks like a Xiphos to me its a typical sword for a Halfblood kid." Fred said thinking to her self. It made things difficult not impossible but difficult.
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:20 pm

"Oh I guess I forgot to add what mine was made of. Shadow Slayer...." he held up the one on the right and continued "Is made of Celestial bronze. While Waymaker is made of iron." He then held up his left arm to show it. He then started to wonder about the special powers "Can we use special powers that our weapons have?" he asked.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:09 am

'What do you have?' Estelle asked earnestly. She mostly relied on her wits and talents, but a little magic never hurts. She was content with Silverstag, and her ability with animals.. but still, she was really curious.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:17 am

" Horror? oh Horror is a Claymore one of the largest swords used on the battlefield. He's nearly six foot long." Fred admitted nodding to the sword.
" The thing is this is about tactics. what the sword is made of or what it is capable of has nothing to do with it." Fred started thinking for a moment.
" in fact we're going to use training weapons. No powers, no skills. wooden swords and cheating." She said.
" Because Horror explodes from time to time."
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Andrew sighed "Ok.....I thought we were cheating." he said. When he heard what she said about the sword he took a step backward taking the safe path. He then sat his weapons down near a bench and picked up two training swords. "Ok let's do this thing." he said a little excitedly.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:21 am

Estelle sighed. 'But my sword doesn't have magic.. Oh well.' she reluctantly set down silverstag next to her bag and picked up a sword that looked alright. 'Mind if I use my jade?' she asked, eyeing her "ornamental" jade pendant that hung to her braid. Tactics... she could do this. She was born for using her brains, was she not? Still.. never underestimate/overestimate her skills.. nor her enemies.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:24 pm

" Sure its just the swords we're switching this way we don't accidentally kill each other." she said throwing the two broad swords to the two.
" These are broad swords plain blades long straight and blunt. they have cross guards and pommels. the reason were not using real weapons is they you have to start off on the basics. Half swording."
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Andrew looked around pretending to be distracted "So are we going to start this or what?" he said not turning his gaze. He then swung the two sticks in a circle.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Estelle grinned. 'Patience, dear Andrew.' she said. 'Basics are vital.' she looked at Fred. 'But please, let's get over this quick and have some action'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 pm

" True. Half swording is vital if your in an aria that is enclosed or is you are up close to an enemy." She said grabbing the hilt and the blade half way down the length.
http://www.aemma.org/onlineResources/liberi/images/liberi62.jpg
" This lets you get in close and find the week points in the armor. that's what the Fechtmeister taught me any way. Now half swording come at me."
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Andrew didn't know what to do but he took a guess. He held the hilt and halfway down the blade like he was shown. "Like this?" he asked a little unsure.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Estelle copied the movement perfectly. 'Huh.' she said, wielding the weapon.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next