Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Daquiri (Don't really care who joins, as long as it makes sense)

+2
Zach
Cerulaen
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meet Daquiri (Don't really care who joins, as long as it makes sense) Empty Meet Daquiri (Don't really care who joins, as long as it makes sense)

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:52 pm

A/N: What I'd mainly like to happen in this is establish that Daquiri really doesn't want to be here at Camp Half Blood. However, she has no permanent home, so she really doesn't have anywhere to go. Also, I'd like this all to be in past tense--I've noticed that a lot of posts kinda switch in and out of present and past tense, and I just find present awkward, so I'm going with past. I'd appreciate if everyone stuck to that format! :-)
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Meet Daquiri (Don't really care who joins, as long as it makes sense) Empty Re: Meet Daquiri (Don't really care who joins, as long as it makes sense)

Post  Zach Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:58 pm

((By, she doesn't really care, she means, she doesn't care unless you have perfect grammar and spelling. Razz ))

Last edited by Zach on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zach
Zach

Drachmae : 929

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Meet Daquiri (Don't really care who joins, as long as it makes sense) Empty Re: Meet Daquiri (Don't really care who joins, as long as it makes sense)

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:13 pm

"Ugh." Daquiri groaned as she sat up, a hand to her head. What happened? All she could remember was being attacked by the most horrifying monster she'd ever seen, then seeing that weird goat-legged guy, then...nothing.
  Rubbing her eyes, Daquiri looked around her. Where the heck was she? As far as she could tell, she was in some kind of infirmary. It didn't look like a hospital, but then, for all she knew she could be in the middle of the ocean.
  Looking down, she gave herself a quick examination. She last remembered wearing her jean romper with her brown boots and a floral-print top underneath. Now, she donned a painfully bright orange T-shirt that clashed with her hair, as well as a pair of distastefully ripped jean shorts. Her feet were bare. She grimaced at the thought of someone stripping her naked to put on these new clothes.
  Suddenly, the sound of footsteps alerted her. Swinging her legs off of the cot she was laying on, her hand immediately went to her left thigh for her dagger--only to discover that nothing was there. Cursing, Daquiri grabbed the nearest thing that could pass as a weapon--which just so happened to be a bow that hadn't been strung.
  Wait a second.
  What was a bow doing in a--?

Last edited by Cerulaen on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:17 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Symmetry)
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:14 pm

OOC: Lawl, you know me too well, Zach...
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Zach had been taking a shift in the infirmary. His dad being the god of medicine, made him a good candidate. As Zach filled up his water bottle outside, he heard scrambling and the sound of wood hit the bed. That must be the new girl that was brought in earlier. Zach capped the bottle and strolled back into the infirmary to see the girl struggling with his six foot long, unstrung bow.

Moving over to the faucet, rinsing his hands, and wiping them on the towel, he said, "Don't hurt yourself, that thing's almost a foot longer than your whole self. I'm Zach, by the way. You took a nasty blow to the head, you should just lay back."

((Yep. Razz ))
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 pm

((Very nice. Not too shabby ;-))

Daquiri glared at the boy. "Who are you? And why am I here?" She took up a defensive stance, wielding the bow protectively despite its large size. She may have never used a sword before, but she knew how to whack things.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Zach rubbed his freshly-cut hair and said, "I'm Zach, a son of Apollo. And you are in the infirmary of Camp Halfblood. You got attacked by monsters, and a satyr saved you, I think it was Glen. He is in the woods, healing himself with his woodland magic. He got hurt pretty bad for you. I had to close up a few wounds so that he could make it there. And it's rude not to introduce yourself. Glen was in a hurry and didn't seem to mention your name."

He limped over to the girl and gently pulled the bow from her hands. His bad leg was acting up today.
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Daquiri sized the boy up warily. Despite his obvious limp, he looked like a fairly competent adversary. He was nearly a foot taller than her, with rather muscular arms and toned legs. She noted the slim scar running down the left side of his face--he'd obviously had his fair share of fights before.
  But even with his slightly intimidating appearance, Daquiri was not one to let her weapons get taken away from her. The only reason this Zach guy had managed to do so was because his 'son of Apollo' comment had taken her off guard. Raising an eyebrow--which actually made her head hurt like hell, but she wasn't going to let him know that--she ignored his request for her name in favor of asking her own question.
  "Apollo? As in...the sun god? From Greek mythology?"

Last edited by Cerulaen on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

"Wha" Conrad said waking up with a jolt in his hospital bed. "Oh yay, my bed" Conrad said feeling the comfort of the hospital bed he had stayed in so many times. He looked around the room and saw Zack " Could you remind me not to sword fight with the giant scorpions tomorrow ?" He asked wincing at the pain he had endured. Luckily he had gotten used to pain now, but that doesn't make it any less painful. then he saw a girl in the bed next to him "Hey, are you new here ? I'm Conrad, son of Ares" He said smiling showing the little teeth he had left in his mouth.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:49 pm

((Thanks for joining, Alex! I'm glad there's more people in this :-) However, would you mind terribly if Zach and Daquiri finished their conversation first? It makes the flow kinda awkward if someone just randomly butts into the conversation, lol. I can have Daquiri storm out of the infirmary and run inti you, though! Would that be okay?))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:57 pm

(yeah its fine)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:21 pm

((Sorry Alex. Anything with Ceru, I would ask first. Razz ))

"Yeah.... Wait. Do you not know who you are?" Zach asked incredulously. "You've gotta be a Halfbood to even get in the Camp, so you must be." Zach leaned his bow up against the wall. "Did Glen not tell you? You are a child of the gods."
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:57 pm

((Just to make sure, Daquiri has NOT been claimed yet. So no mentioning of Aphrodite! ;-))

Daquiri opened her mouth, but no words came out. She wanted to ask if he was joking, but the serious look in his be-speckled blue eyes told her he was doing anything but. An inkling in her told her to listen to him; after all these years of creatures attacking her, being kicked out of schools even when she tried her hardest, always feeling different... Even that goat guy, Glen or whatever, had informed her of this--two years ago, when the monster attacks had started to become more frequent. How long ago that seemed.
  However, reason wouldn't let her believe it. Acting on instinct, she narrowed her eyes and said the first thing that came to mind: "That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:23 am

"Are you kidding? I was told that my dad was a big glowing ball in the sky! You think that this is hard to believe? Or that you're the only person to have their life put on hold, while you hide in Camp from monsters? You're not the first, or the only one." After his outburst, Zach's eyes lost their angry gleam, and he sat on the bed, next to the girl. "There are hundreds of us, out there, in here, that have had our lives ruined because someone up there couldn't resist." He glanced up and snorted. "Yeah, I said the exact same thing. Fortunately, it was my mom telling me, so it wasn't that hard."
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:34 am

((You know, it never said Daquiri sat down...Razz))

Not knowing what to say, Daquiri went to do what she always did when she was agitated--finger her long side braid. However, she found that it wasn't there. Trying not to lose it, her hands shot to the back of her head, where she found her hair tied back in a low pony tail. Yanking out the hair tie, she quickly re-braided her hair into a thick plait.
Her composure returning slightly as she stroked her braid, she resumed her stoic posture. Crossing her arms across her chest, she gave Zach an accusing glare. "I suppose you're the one that changed my clothes, then," she deadpanned sourly.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:37 am

Zach's face flushed pink, ever-so-slightly. "No, that was one of the satyresses, Chiron tries to prevent nakedness of the opposite gender, while together. Mind telling me your name now?" Zach quickly changed the subject.
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:11 am

((YES!! Heh, sorry, took me a while to see that second page...))

Satisfied she'd won some sort of battle, Daquiri dropped her glare, but kept up her cool façade. Studying the boy once again, she allowed herself a closer examination of him.
  She could tell his limp was a cause of his leg; when looked at more closely, one could see that his right knee was twisted, assumedly from a past injury. He was fair-skinned, like her, but not nearly as stark white. His light brown hair had been cropped short, but she had the feeling it wasn't normally straight.
  However, the feature that really made her look was his eyes. They were a deep blue, with flecks of other random colors that she couldn't make out in them. They reminded her of opals. They held a serious, but light-hearted glint in them. But she could see sadness in there, too.
  Finally, Daquiri looked away, hoping she hadn't been staring too long. "Daquiri," she answered. "Daquiri Laurens."

Last edited by Cerulaen on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Zach grinned at Daquiri's embarrassment. Yes, he noticed her staring. "I would normally ask who your parent is, but you haven't been claimed yet. By your god parent, that is. Instead, I'll ask, why do you wear your hair like that? You seemed angry that it was different."
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:06 pm

((You really can't assume things, bro. I never said Daquiri was embarrassed Razz))

Daquiri hated it when people noticed things about her. That meant they were trying to figure her out, and that meant they wanted to know more about her, and that meant they were at a danger of trying to get close to her. And there was no way in hell--or was it Hades? Whatever--that she was letting that happen.
  So, consequently, she gave one of her roundabout answers that she had become so accustomed to giving over the years. "This godly-parent stuff still sounds like bullcrap. Why should I believe you, when your friends kidnapped me and took away my only means of defense?"

Last edited by Cerulaen on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better wording :3)
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm

"And left my most deadly weapon by your bedside? Maybe it was suspicious that we dragged your unconscious self to a hospital and treated your wounds. I don't know why you should trust me. But if you don't, feel free to go back at any time. There are probably any number of monsters waiting for you. Maybe they'll convince you." Zach motioned towards the door. "Your choice really." He said all this in a tone that said, I tire of this. Just get on with it.

((Sorry, I was on vacation and my phone was confiscated, so I couldn't tell you I was gone.))
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:08 pm

((Oh! S'all good Razz))

Daquiri snorted in a very un-lady-like manner. "Yeah. Because a six-foot long piece of yew wood is so-o-o deadly. Give me a break, Bow Boy."
  She picked an imaginary piece of lint off of the hideous orange shirt she'd been forced to wear, then held out a hand expectantly. "I'd like my dagger back, now. And my pepper spray."

Last edited by Cerulaen on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 pm

"Is that all you got out of that? It takes effort, you know, to speak these long sentences and to spit out different points. And here's your dagger," Zach tossed it on the bed, after drawing it from his belt. "I'm with-holding the pepper-spray for now, until I can be sure you won't blast me in the face."
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Turning for a second to snatch up her dagger, Daquiri whipped back around and put a hand to her heart in mock sympathy. "Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I should be more concerned for you, the boy with the all-mighty god parent, rather than myself who recently got hit upside the head by a vampire-psycho. I apologize for not taking the time to respond to your incredibly important speech. I'm sure it was hard for your small brain to conjure up such a monstrosity," she sneered. Meanwhile, she slid the dagger into its polished leather sheath, which was, thankfully, still strapped to her upper left thigh.

((I apologize for Daquiri's nastiness. She can be rather...difficult. You talk some sense into her, Zach!))

Last edited by Cerulaen on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 pm

(Mind if I join in when you bump into Alex? Andrew would probably be talking to him during then.)
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:22 pm

((Go right ahead! I believe Daquiri should be leaving shortly. Razz Although, you may have to take Alex's place, unfortunately...I'm not sure when he's gonna get back o.O))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next