Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Girl in Camp [open]

2 posters

Go down

The New Girl in Camp [open] Empty The New Girl in Camp [open]

Post  iamHelena Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:50 am

Helena walked in the cabin. She looked around and saw no one. She just arrived and she didn't know what to do. Ares claimed me, mother sent me here, and now what? She walked towards a vacant bunk near the window. She put down her back pack and let out a big sigh.

She looked out the window and saw snow everywhere. She could have been in school, pretending to study or beating someone in the school cafeteria. That's how her school life went before her mother, Elizabeth Adams, a famous Hollywood actress, decided it would be best for her to go to Camp. "I hate to send you there, Helena. But it's for the best. You can train better there so you can defend yourself from whatever's after you." She remembered her mother told her before leaving for a movie shoot. "So what are you going to do now, Helena?" She asked herself.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Drachmae : 346

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

http://wattpad.com/imbethqui

Back to top Go down

The New Girl in Camp [open] Empty Re: The New Girl in Camp [open]

Post  Ephen Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:08 am

Lottie walked along with numerous cabins either side of her, it was a beautiful day and the sun was shining down on her. She brushed her black hair behind her right ear, she was wearing a white tank top with a dirty denim jacket, green cargo pants and a pair of red sneakers that were falling apart.

She stopped in front of one of the cabins, her violet eyes examined it in confusion, why is this cabin the only one with it's door open? Was somebody in a hurry and forget to close the door? She looked at the outside features of the cabin and gulped, it looked menacing and she wasn't sure if she wanted to meet whoever lived inside it, but her curiosity got the better of her and she walked slowly up to the door, and pushed it slightly more ajar. She looked inside and saw a ginger haired girl sitting on a bunk near a window, Lottie raised an eyebrow at the odd scene, there was a girl about her age that seemed to have no idea what to do when she was surrounded by weapons and armor, why isn't she practicing her fighting skills?

She decided that she might as well go and talk to the girl, so she strolled casually into the cabin, pretending not to be slightly intimidated by the number of things in the cabin that she could get killed with. She walked over to the girl and smiled at her, trying to appear friendly and calm. "Hey" she said, that was all she could manage - in her mind she could see this girl getting angry at her and stabbing her with one of the spears- she flinched at the thought.
Ephen
Ephen

Drachmae : 116

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:48 am

Helena was still deep in her thoughts, confused as to why she agreed to go here in Camp Half Blood. She noticed someone came towards her and said,"Hey". The sound was not from someone who owned one bunk or lived in the cabin for a long time. Someone's trying to be friendly. Defense came first so she quickly pulled her hair clip from her hair and it transformed into her red, shiny spear. She turned to face the one who approached her and pointed her spear, ready to attack.

"Who are you? Why are you here?" She asked the black haired girl in front of her. They almost had the same outfit- Helena's wearing a black tank top instead of white, a red hoodie on top of it, denim skinny jeans and a pair of white Converse sneakers. She's not used to having friends, so she found it new that someone would like to talk to her. Maybe mother knew people here were all friendly and willing to help a confused girl like me.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Lottie's smile quickly vanished as the ginger girl pulled out her hair clip and it transformed into a shining red spear that the girl pointed at her. "Who are you? Why are you here?" demanded the girl, Lottie kept her eyes locked on the tip of the spear and took a few steps back, desperately hoping that it wasn't going to pierce any of her body parts. Her heart was beating very quickly as she tried to think of a way out of this situation, she tried to appear confident and not intimidated by the possibility of getting skewered by the spear in front of her.

She curtsied and answered as calmly as she could "My name is Lottie", she raised her head to meet the girl's eyes and smiled at her kindly, she stood fully "and I am here because I saw that this cabin door was the only one that was open, I looked through the door and saw you sitting there by yourself and I thought I'd come in and introduce myself. Now, well you know what they say: 'curiosity killed the cat' and it looks like it's killed this one." She finished, grinning slightly. She hoped that it would at least confuse the girl, as Lottie was sure from the girl's expression and the way she handled a spear that she had experience and wouldn't be the least bit bothered if she killed her.

Please lower your spear, please lower your spear she thought to herself, waiting slightly anxiously for the ginger to react to her words. She could feel her heart calming down and felt a little more relaxed but still wary, after all her life was still in danger and in these situations it was usually best to be a little cautious.

Last edited by Ephen on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ephen
Ephen

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:37 pm

The other girl took a few steps back, but she kept her composure and didn't appear to be scared she might ran away. She curtsied and said her name was Lottie. "I am here because I saw that this cabin door was the only one that was open, I looked through the door and saw you sitting there by yourself and I thought I'd come in and introduce myself. Now, well you know what they say: 'curiosity killed the cat' and it looks like it's killed this one." Lottie smiled and appeared to be a bit relaxed.

Helena lowered her weapon and it transformed back to her hair clip. She clipped it back on her hair and cleared her throat. "Uhm. I'm Helena. I didn't mean to you know, attack or hurt you, I'm new here and I haven't met anyone. Can't trust anyone I guess if you're surrounded by mythical creatures." She scratched her head and put her hands inside her hoodie's pockets. She's really not used to making friends because she didn't have any. She was able to smile back at Lottie and waited for the other girl to respond.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:28 am

She sighed in relief as the ginger turned her weapon back into her hair clip and placed it back in her hair, Lottie heard her say "Uhm. I'm Helena. I didn't mean to you know, attack or hurt you, I'm new here and I haven't met anyone. Can't trust anyone I guess if you're surrounded by mythical creatures." Helena scratched her head and put her hands in her pockets, Lottie was relieved that the girl was now smiling at her, I must use that tactic again. She shrugged like it was no big deal "No harm was done, anyway it's normal to be wary. So" She walked back and forth along the length of the cabin and stopped again when she reached Helena. "when did you get here?"

Lottie was quite interested in Helena's back story and really hoped that the ginger's past was better than her own, for the girl's sake. She thought it would be good for her to be friendly to someone again, it had been a while since she'd been social. Any possibility to make friends should be taken, there was a small chance of betrayal and she knew what they said: friends make you safe, and if she could make friends with Helena she knew she would feel safer, or hoped so. She grinned at Helena, feeling confident about her previous success.
Ephen
Ephen

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:22 am

"So when did you get here?" Lottie asked Helena. "I just arrived, actually. My mother sent me here right after father claimed me. I guess she knew the trouble that would be happening, with all those monsters, you know." She looked away and turned to see the view outside the window. She didn't want Lottie to see how she hated to go here, if she had any other choice. But she wanted to protect her mother, which was her only family, so she agreed to go here.

Months ago, monsters started to appear but thanks to her training, she was able to survive. One day, Ares claimed her and more monsters came. That was the moment her mother told her about her Olympian parent. "My mom's an actress. She's always busy and I was always left with maids, bodyguards and my personal assistant. I had home tutorials and my personal assistant teaches me self defense. I was sent to a regular school after Elementary. I didn't have better luck there, I always fail and beat other students." She let out a big sigh. These was too much to share for someone you just met. She might think I'm a weirdo.

iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:37 am

"I just arrived, actually. My mother sent me here right after father claimed me. I guess she knew the trouble that would be happening, with all those monsters......." Helena said as she looked out of the window. Her father? That means her dad's one of the God's and by the looks of her personality a good fighter, she ran through the names in her mind:Hephaestus, Apollo, Hades, Zeus, Poseidon, Hermes, Ares......probably Ares, he's the fighting one...right? But Helena was still talking and Lottie quickly started listening again "..... mom's an actress. She's always busy and I was always left with maids, bodyguards and my personal assistant. I had home tutorials and my personal assistant teaches me self defense. I was sent to a regular school after Elementary. I didn't have better luck there, I always fail and beat other students."

She felt a wave of sympathy for Helena,she clearly had a worse childhood:not having much contact with her mum, battling monsters and not having many friends, I've never even seen a monster! and said quietly "It's okay, most of us here never really fitted in where we grew up." she muttered afterwards "At least you're keeping your mum safe" looking at the floor, feeling ashamed of herself for saying it. Then she said louder "Don't mind me, I just miss my old life."
Ephen
Ephen

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:18 am

Helena looked back at Lottie who said, "It's okay, most of us here never really fitted in where we grew up. At least you're keeping your mum safe." Yes, I will keep her safe. Helena and her mom had a very close relationship even though her mom's busy with her work. She filled the space that her God of a father neglected. She felt anger built up her chest. She hated her father for leaving and for not even checking on them as she grew up. And now he would just claim me like I'm a left package to be sent here!

She closed her eyes and counted to ten, to release her anger. She didn't want to ruin the conversation with a potential friend. "Don't mind me, I just miss my old life." She heard Lottie say. She smiled and said, "I guess most of us do. How long have you been here in Camp, anyway?" She looked at her unpacked bag on top of the vacant bunk. She thought she was in the right cabin because of the outside decor. Very much the War God, she thought sourly.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:29 am

Lottie shrugged as Helena asked her how long she'd been there. "Only about two weeks and I still haven't been claimed, even though I'm pretty sure I know who my dad is." She sighed and remembered when she first arrived at the camp, when her satyr gave her a book all about the Greek Gods and their symbols, through this she found out that her father was Dionysus yet for some reason he refused to claim her, and ignored her every time she even approached him. "I keep trying to talk to him but... he just keeps ignoring me." She stuffed her hands in her pockets and looked at the ground, trying to stop herself from crying- she knew that it was a bad idea to cry in front of somebody that you've just met- she looked up at the ceiling, reminding her that she was in the Ares cabin and the only place worse than this was definitely the Hades cabin. Both of those stank of war and death which were both bad for plants, she sniffed- she missed her old strawberry plants in the school garden- wishing that she could cure her mother.

She was suddenly overcome with a variety of emotion: anger at her father for denying she was his daughter, fearful that she would never be accomplished enough to bring her mother back and a very small part of her brain was telling her to shut up and keep it together, it's okay to break down by yourself but definitely not in a cabin full of violence and war.Oh calm down, after two weeks you've only met about three people and that's including your annoying dad. Now try and act sane!
Ephen
Ephen

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:36 am

"I still haven't been claimed, even though I'm pretty sure I know who my dad is."Helena heard Lottie said. I never thought there would be unclaimed kids here. That must be hard. She looked sympathetically at Lottie. She put her hands in her pockets and tried to hold back tears. "I keep trying to talk to him but... he just keeps ignoring me." Helena wanted to comfort her but she didn't know how. She's not used to having friends. Her hate for Ares disappear for a moment and she now hated Lottie's father.

She just decided to change the topic. What to ask....think, think, think. "Can you show me around? If that's not much to ask from you. I know you're not the tour guide or anything here, but since you're the only one I know...Well, we can talk more along the way." But where to go? Helena thought of the first place she wanted to visit here, or wanted to hate. "Where do you guys eat here?" I hope she's hungry.

(OOC: Hey. Nice having this thread with you! After you reply here, can we move to The Mess Hall and start a new one? Maybe others will join. What do you think? Smile
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:28 am

There was a small silence and then Helena spoke "Can you show me around? If that's not much to ask from you. I know you're not the tour guide or anything here, but since you're the only one I know...Well, we can talk more along the way. Where do you guys eat here?" Lottie's spirits were raised immediately and she grinned, she loved the food hall and even though there were stupid rules about who you could eat with and where you could sit the food itself was just great. I sort of feel like I'm getting a friend.

"Sure, I'll show you around. I think you'll like the mess hall, that place has got lots of food and all of it's good. I'll tell you the protocol when we get there. Come on I'll show you the way." She practically skipped up to the door, she had forgotten completly about her dad and being stuck in the Hermes cabin and was entirely concentrated on eating with someone that was becoming her friend. If she could have taken a guess at who would be her first friend at the camp she would definitely not have said a child of Ares.

(OOC: Sounds good, hopefully more people will join, Lottie's hardly met anyone yet and I think it's making her a little crazy, should be interesting. You wanna start the thread?)
Ephen
Ephen

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:18 am

I already started a new one. Smile
iamHelena
iamHelena