Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting used to Camp food [OPEN]

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Getting used to Camp food [OPEN] Empty Getting used to Camp food [OPEN]

Post  iamHelena Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:41 am

One month and two weeks to be exact--that was how long Helena's been eating here in Camp Half Blood. Her first day didn't turn out as good as she expected it to be, but she met a few interesting campers, which she thought was the important thing. She smiled while walking towards the Ares table, remembering the kids she met the first time she ate in The Mess Hall.

She looked down and saw snow still covered the grounds, she couldn't wait for summer to come. She's not really fond of the cold weather and how snow melts inside her shoes. She continued to walk towards the direction of The Mess Hall and noticed other campers making their way for breakfast. She greeted some of them, which she never did before coming here to camp. She was surprised herself how she changed in short span of time.

"I wish today's breakfast would include salad!" She whispered to herself.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Drachmae : 346

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

http://wattpad.com/imbethqui

Back to top Go down

Getting used to Camp food [OPEN] Empty Re: Getting used to Camp food [OPEN]

Post  Jace Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Jace was sitting at his table, all alone, a apple in his hand, he was tossing it up in the air, and smiles while catching it. He didn't eat much of the camp food, usually only ate a few things during the day, mainly apples and oranges, and a slice of pizza every once in a while. He loved the snow, his tee shirt had a snowflake print and his pants had some snow on the ends. He found a area to snowboard after he ate.
Jace
Jace

Drachmae : 399

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Chione
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 pm

((May I join?))
Shay
Shay

Drachmae : 87

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:14 am

OOC: Sure, join in! Smile
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:55 am

((k))
Shay was eating her meal when she felt a wetness in her hair. She brushed it off absentmindedly, and felt around in her hair for more. There was more, as she expected, and the feeling of it was familiar. She glanced up at the sky, out of habit, before forcefully reminding herself that she was blind, that she couldn't see, wouldn't see. She turned her head down abruptly. If she had been more careful, she would’ve been watching the snow drift down right now. The waves of regret washed over her, pricking her eyes. But no tears came, and she sat there, feeling the flakes of snow flutter around her, almost as if they were taunting her.
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Helena got her tray of food and looked around while she waited for her turn to toss her offering to the pavilion fire. She noticed Jace sitting alone in his table and tossing his apple in the air. He then looked in the snow-covered area, probably thinking of attacking it later.

Her eyes continued to sweep the Mess Hall and saw a girl in the Athena table. I haven't seen her around before...New? She's tan and she had long brown hair. What interested Helena was the girl's covered eyes. Did she have an eye operation? Hurt during weapons training? Attacked by a monster?

She turned and got a piece of bacon which she tossed into the fire. For Ares.

Last edited by iamHelena on Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:06 am

(I'm not at the Hermes table.)
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:51 am

((lol. i dont think shay has a tan. but whatever))
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 am

lawl, i guess I was reading a different thread. Sorry, Jace Razz And for Shay, I read the app that you made and it said there that you were tan. Anyways, I can have it edited.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:32 am

((lol omg it feels like school now....when ever im at school, im usually the one accusing ppl of stealing my eraser, but it turns out to be some else...lawl  Razz ))
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:07 pm

Jace watched as Helena threw some bacon in to the hearth. It seemed a waste. Really, but he didn't care that much. He stops tossing the apple and takes a big bite out of his apple, looking around, for something new to examine, and sees a girl with bandages around her eyes, sitting at the Athena table. He study's how she was reacting to the snow. It was interesting, she moved her head to the sky and everything.

This made Jace question what her capabilities of sensing what was around her. He was contemplating on throwing a apple of something her way, to test how she would react. He was about to throw one when he noticed Helena examining her also, which changed his mind about what he was going to do, so instead he would stand up, trows what was left of his apples into the fire, and walk towards the girl. He stops infront of her and would wait for someone to notice him.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Crunching. There was a crunching of snow underfoot as someone walked towards her. Who was it? She raised her head, though she was blind, just to give the person that was standing in front of her the impression that she was paying attention to the camper. She asked warily, "Who is it?" She tapped her fingers nervously. Probably someone that wanted to know the new girl, to ask her why she was blind, etc, etc. She tired of explaining, she had said her story a lot of times, and she was sick of the pity it brought, and the bullies, too.
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Helena sat with her siblings in the Ares table. She noticed Jace walked over the Athena table and stood in front of the girl with bandages. So he noticed her too? She continued to eat her food and observed what would Jace do with the girl. The girl definitely sensed him approached, for she lifted her head and faced him-- as if she really saw him coming.

What are you going to do, Jace? "Please be it not something stupid." She had this urge to go in the other table, but she stopped herself. They're in the Mess Hall, and jumping tables was a very big no-no. She just stared while she drank her pineapple juice.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:10 am

Jace crouches and looks directly at the girl. After a while he stands again and with a blank stare, poke her on the forehead. He then says to her "what's with you?monster accident? Disease? Some dumb guy pokeing your eyes out? What's your deal?" He pushes his finger slightly, as he pulls his hand back. He keeps the blank stare, even though some campers where starting at him.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Shay gritted her teeth. Her forehead was then rudely pushed back, and she felt the anger boiling, ready to spill from her lips and scald anyone who was in range. She tried to judge where his or face was, and got ready to slap him. Then she heard the question, and thought, Ok, so, this is a guy, judging from the voice. She then said, "Some dumb guy here is under the risk of having his eyes poked out." Then she sighed. "It was an accident."
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sat May 03, 2014 3:58 am

Helena's eyed grew wide as she saw Jace poked the girl's forehead and told her something, or asked something. Other campers are already staring at him, maybe because 1) he's jumping tables 2) he looked like he's bullying the girl. I knew he's going to do something stupid. She stood up and walked towards the Athena table. She noticed the girl's body shifted and was ready to defend herself in case Jace did something ridiculous. She then spoke, maybe answering a question Jace asked.

Helena finally reached them and asked, "Hey, Jace! Am I missing something?" She asked in a friendly tone. If this girl was blind, she could judge people through her sense of hearing. She put her arm around Jace's neck and pulled him a feet away from the other girl. She released him and looked at him with the what-was-that-all-about look.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Sat May 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Shay's head turned to the new voice. It was bubbly, almost, and she could now tell that the boy's name was Jace. She immediately got cautious around him...but, the other girl's voice was friendly and welcoming. She silently hoped that it wasn't pity that fueled it. She then heard the girl lead/drag the boy called Jace away from her. She then sat there awkwardly, unsure of what to do. She then got up, and followed them, calculating where to put her feet, not to trip over anything.
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Mon May 05, 2014 12:06 pm

"It's not what it looks like, don't worry, I am just asking. She is a more interesting camper here. Se is from what looks like it blind, and since she is blind she cannot see what's happening. And besides I doubt that she actually felt how my skin felt. As I am just barely warm enough for this weather." Jace says as he smiles slyly. He had some interest on how this blindfolded girl was reservoir ing this information. He hoped she felt like he was showing no sympathy. He was trying to not be that rude, but he wanted her to feel that she wasn't that big of a deal since she looked like she was blind. If others made her feel big, then he will start tearing it to peices, for everyone at this camp was a demigod, and some with more problems than others, he didn't want her to feel like she was special because of how she was, blind or not blind, waif she was actually blind.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat May 10, 2014 7:15 pm

((Mind if I join?))
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Sat May 10, 2014 11:48 pm

((Not at all!))
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun May 11, 2014 1:20 am

Estelle stormed into the Mess Hall, nonchalant as people stared at the late arrival. “What?” she snapped at a camper who stared particularly hard. “I know I’m late,” Gradually, people went back to their meals. The day had not been the best for her. She still had to have that bandage around her arm, because of the stupid monster. Zach had done a pretty good job fixing that up, but still. And she hadn’t magically grown amazing archery skills overnight, which was also a downside. Naturally, archery practice was public humiliation for the Athena child. Estelle did not like being on the wrong end of humiliation. She cursed mentally. She really had to try in archery. Years of being in camp, and yet she was a novice. Self-pity? No. Embarrassing? Yes. The newbie in Apollo cabin could shoot better than her, as was demonstrated today.

Absentmindedly, Estelle grabbed some food, then scraped most of it into the fire. Athena can be happy today--she wasn’t hungry. Her eyes spotted Shay, and her own table. She smiled a little. Shay might be blind, but she was nice and pretty smart. And that was.. Jace, and Helena, next to her. Ares and Khione. If she had the right impression about Jace, he wasn’t really the sensitive type.

The ravenette walked up to them, offering a small smile. “Hey, Shay.” She touched the girl’s brown/blonde streaks to inform her of her location. “Hello, Helena, Jace.”
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Sun May 11, 2014 1:33 am

Shay felt a touch of her hair, the usual greeting of Estelle, usually not to startle her and to tell her where she was. “Hi, Estelle” she replied. Then she heard Jace talking, as if she wasn't there. A feeling of indignation washed over her. She said, directed at Jace, “You know that I’m right here, no? When you talk like that, it gives others a feeling of being left out.” She really didn't want to make the impression that she was a baby that constantly needs to be cooed and cuddled at, but this really pushed it too far. She struck a casual pose, arms crossed, one eyebrow raised.
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Mon May 12, 2014 12:11 pm

"Well sorry princess, you do not want to be left out do you? Then how about you join our conversation. It's open to join, all you had to do was but in. There was nothing holding you back from entering the conversation." Jace says with a sarcastic tone and smile. The girl was pushing for attention it seemed. And that was what Jace figured, she wanted attention. This is the wrong type of attention though, it's negative attention, the type that makes people sad and depressed, and this girl wanted pity? Jace was going to give her no satisfaction. He did though find that there was another girl who seemed to know this girl. The girl has been going to camp for a long time, based on her camp beads. Well longer than his stay.

"So who are you miss? I see you are a friend of this attention grabber? So how may I show the pleasure of meeting?" Jace says still being sarcastic.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Tue May 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Estelle wasn't exactly the tallest person, but she somehow pulled off a cold dignified look, her thin fingers touching lightly on the sheath of her knife. A newbie with attitude, just when she was feeling slightly pissed off. Really, her luck had not gotten any better. The child tugged a lock of raven hair that had escaped from her ponytail. Her grey eyes bored into his paleness. “Estelle Shade, counselor of the Athena Cabin,” she said coolly after a silence. “I would very much like to see you blind,” The girl cocked an eyebrow, a small smirk on her pale face. “It’s rather ironic to call a blind person an attention seeker, if you see what I mean.”
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sat May 17, 2014 2:35 am

Helena released her arm around Jace's neck and observed the blind girl still sitting in her table. She felt sorry for her a bit, but she knew no demigod needs pity, especially an Athena kid. "Why take interest on her?" She whispered to Jace, hoping the other girl wouldn't hear. She listened to Jace's explanation and noticed a black-haired girl rushing into The Mess Hall. It was Estelle-- the Athena cabin counselor. She haven't really met the girl actually, she just heard about her from other campers.

“Hello, Helena, Jace.” Estelle greeted. Woah. How did she know our names? She looked at Jace with wide eyes. She just nodded in acknowledgement. Estelle spoke with Shay like they knew each other for the longest time, though Helena thought it was mainly because they were from the same cabin.

"So who are you miss? I see you are a friend of this attention grabber? So how may I show the pleasure of meeting?" Helena wanted to punch Jace in the face for almost being a jerk. Estelle responded in a confident way, maybe sending him a message that she's been in camp way longer than any of them here. Helena lightly punched Jace on his shoulder to make him stop talking that way. She's used to getting into arguments and fights, but not in this kind of set up. She waited to see if Estelle would calm down or if Jace continued to challenge her in from of the visually-challenged girl.

OOC: Sorry for being away for a while. I applied for a new job and I got in! Yay!
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down