Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out for a walk and a dose of trouble! Open to join!

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Out for a walk and a dose of trouble! Open to join! - Page 2 Empty Re: Out for a walk and a dose of trouble! Open to join!

Post  GeneralArin Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Jake saw Justin draw his sword, and he frowned. "Don't be so jumpy." He said, still calmly scanning the surroundings. He was good at getting his shield out in a hurry, and years at camp had honed his reflexes nicely. Not to mention the quests he's been on.
"We don't even know what's out there, yet." He added simply. He was on home soil now, not to mention the capture the flag grounds. For Jake, there was little reason for him to be jumpy, since he knew what sort of things wouldn't be chased off immediately by the campers and the area around them, and what it was supposed to look like. There was a slight movement that didn't match the usual forest. "Including at about seven o'clock." Jake said, his head cocked to catch the moment behind them and slightly to the left.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Out for a walk and a dose of trouble! Open to join! - Page 2 Empty Re: Out for a walk and a dose of trouble! Open to join!

Post  Justin Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:36 pm

"Better to have something and not need it then need it and not have it." He replied. Justin felt comfortable when he had his sword out, especially when a monster can jump out and kill him at any second. That was him, some people preferred to grab there weapons when they need it.

As they walked on, Justin heard what he thought was the sound of sticks breaking. He listened for more to follow but heard nothing else. His hand tightened around his sword as they got closer.
Justin
Justin

Drachmae : 815

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:12 pm

(Heh, I don't feel like posting the monster.)

Jake shrugged. "Point." He said, understanding the thought. When he was out on a quest, he'd be tense and ready to go, but there was something about being on your own ground that made him determined not to show the slightest signs of being intimidated or afraid. Sometime, that in itself won fights. Other times, a good beating also solved matters.

Despite his cool attitude about it, his eyes were actively scanning the area, and he was ready to jump into action. He also settled in a position where he was between the suspected attacker's direction and Justin. His protective instincts were settling in, and he was used to providing decent cover for his partner(s). Jake's hand drifted to his pocket to whip out his watch/shield.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:37 pm

(ok, the monster will appear shortly)
When Justin turned on a corner he looked at a clearing. In the middle was a dead deer that had bite marks all around it's body. "Someone was hungry." When he moved closer he noticed a spike going through its head. Justin carefully examined the area knowing the monster was near.

"So, any ideas how the spike got in it's head?" he asked hoping a giant porcupine did it. Highly unlikely sadly. Justin pulled it out and presented it to Jake. What bothered Justin was he had an idea of what it was but couldn't place a name on it. But not to far away was a loud roar.
Justin
Justin

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:28 pm

(Sorry for the delay, didn't see this.)

Jake walked up behind Justin, coolly examining the situation. Justin held up the spike. Jake gave a grunt.
"Trouble. This guy leaves my arms sore." He said, frowning. Then the thing roared.

Now was the time to whip out his shield. He had fought the manticore before, with Wes and Kris with him. It ended up being a mostly ranged encounter, and he had to hold the fort from the bullet-like projectiles it fired. He was more than prepared to do it again, though he didn't have any immediate plans.

"Get behind me, keep down." Jake ordered the younger camper, his shield at the ready. He had a general idea of where the monster'd come from. He didn't draw his weapon yet because he was expecting to need an extra hand to brace his shield.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Justin listened but did his best to help out. He focused on clouds forming around them, slowly they began to take shape. After the ring of clouds was visible around them Justin turned the puffs of water vapor into a lightning storm. When he was done with it, the defense he put up drained his energy. Luckily not enough for him to faint but enough for him to breathe in gasps of air.

After a couple seconds had passed, Justin could hear sticks cracking and the noise was dead ahead. He held his sword ready and prepared for the worst to come. Maybe the beast would die inside the storm the Zeus child created.
Justin
Justin

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:36 pm

Jake stiffened and shifted back at the sudden appearance of clouds. They seemed charged with electricity. Jake didn't rank it at very dangerous, perhaps for a human, but for a manticore? The only thing he could immediately deduce about it was that it tired his companion and lowered visibility.
Jake forced himself to simply adapt to this new factor, and primed every sense ready to defend. He had done this in the dark, so it couldn't be that much harder.

"It's a ranged attacker. We'll need to close the distance, and close it quick." Jake instructed, moving to the balls of his feet. "Stay low, and whatever you do don't get hit by one of those spikes."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Justin looked around, doing his best to hide themselves from the Manticore. He saw a shadow of a spike puncture through the clouds, but it was nowhere near them. It bothered him that he couldn't go crazy on the monster, but controlled his urges. 'Tick tock.' he thought to himself.

When Justin looked to his right, he could see a spike coming at him. He did his best to push it away with the wind, but it was barely enough. The spike had cut his leg and sent a searing pain up his leg. Soon part of his leg went numb as he rushed to clean out the wound. All he could do was splash water on it and slap a bandage on. Justin felt his leg going numb in that area only thankfully.
Justin
Justin

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:11 pm

One shot went wide, though Jake didn't put too much stock in that. Another one came from a different direction. Jake grumbled under his breath as he changed positions just in time to catch two more on his shield.

"Stay behind me." Jake directed. Another shot, and Jake braced the shield with his other hand. "We're advancing." Now that the monster had hit something, it'd keep firing until it had an easier target to hit. He worked hard to keep on his toes to gauge any new moments, though it was hard with the lowered visibility and the loud clanging from the hits on his shield.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 pm

(back from first day of high school)
Justin listened to his advice and stayed behind the shield. After a couple shots on the shield, he began to get a headache. 'This is annoying.' he said to himself. Maybe he should've brought some noise canceling ear muffs. One thing he noticed is the storm began to fade, and he didn't have the energy to make more. Controlling air wasn't his strong point. Justin preferred using lightning.
Justin
Justin

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Jake steadily moved forward, getting accustomed to the semi-regular pounding into the shield. He got into a stance and action that managed to keep his arm from going numb. He managed to slide his sword out from his sheath. He quickly braced his shield again as another one pounded the shield.

"Alright, we're close." Jake said quickly. Another, very strong, hit confirmed it. "The trees will keep it close, I'll take its attention, you come in and hit it." He ordered. The monster would probably try to move back to get its range again, so they needed to take it down before it could.

"Let's go! move quick!"
Jake charged forward, every sense ready to defend. The manticore roared and whipped its tail towards him. A quick (and lucky) motion with his sword and shield caught the tail and held it against his shield. He didn't have enough leverage or power behind his parry to sever or damage the tail. But well, he definitely had its attention now. The manticore whipped its tail around, trying to free it and get at Jake. Jake skidded around, but it turned out neither of them had proper leverage.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Justin ran behind the manticore while Jakr distracted it. He had know idea on where to hit, he's never fought one until now. But he did know the tail would be a problem. After all, Justin's leg almost went dead after getting scratched by one. The young demigod didn't want to think of what could happen if it stabbed a person.

He tightened his grip, revealing a second blade emerging from the other side of the sword. Justin ran up quickly, hoping for a good swing at the tail. As he ran, Justin held his sword long ways infront of him. The sword went through the tail. "Got one problem solved." The manticore roared furiously in pain. It ran up and pounced onto Justin getting ready to slash his throat.
Justin
Justin

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:13 pm

The kid cutting the tail off was a bit of a surprise. Jake figured Justin'd just stab the thing. Well, it freed Jake's job up quite a bit. Gotta roll with what you got, right?

Jake scrambled to get the tail down off of his sword and shield. The beast leaped at Justin, so there was no time to lose. He jumped on the manticore's back, grabbing fistfuls of its ragged mane and yanking back. The beast roared in pain and reared on its hind legs. Jake was in no position to move his equipment, he could only hang on and keep its attention. Now that there was no tail to stab him now, so his usual lack of thinking wouldn't bite him in the butt....well, you know what I mean.

So, Jake had the creature's entire anger and frustration. All the kid had to do was finish it up. Quickly, would be nice paying rodeo with a manticore wasn't high on Jake's preference list.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:13 pm

When Justin saw Jake jump onto the animal he took his chance. He picked up the sword quickly and stabbed at the heart. The manticore let out a roar, and Justin twisted his sword. The beast bursted into a gold powder. He pushed the dust off with a breeze. "Now what?"

(Sorry I've been busy)
Justin
Justin

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2