Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half-Blood Legacy

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Half-Blood Legacy Empty Half-Blood Legacy

Post  GeneralArin Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Well, since the fabled story of the New Prophecy has officially come out- I'm remaking that story into a brand new one.
Half-Blood Legacy
And what's better abou this one- It's all about Us!
Meet some new characters, like Ryan Petterson, see some familiar faces, and maybe even a version of your own characters!
Alright, time for the actual preview.

Two weeks set upon the shore,
One decides the fate of war,
Demigods shall take the bait,
And one must face recriminate,
Fate starts much like the typhoon,
Ending in darkness like the moon.

Excerpt
Ryan
“Manticore...“ Wes whispered beside me. The truck bounced as it was hit again.
“I’m assuming that’s bad.” I whispered back. Jake seemed to be wide awake now.
“Well, we won’t get very far just waiting for it to kill us.” He muttered.
“It’s not like we can do much with him just shooting at us from far. Did you see what it did to our windshield?” Kris pointed out. I had to agree with Kris. Those spikes were coming like bullets. Jake’s look hardened.
“Then we’ll play his game.” He said, rolling his left shoulder and letting his shield glint in the moonlight. “Let’s hope Mason made this as well as he bragged.” He slid out from our hiding spot behind the truck, sheltering now behind his shield. The manticore started firing at him, probably seeing him as an easier target. He winced with every hit on the shield, and was bracing it with both hands now. He looked at me expectantly. I picked up the crossbow I brought and quickly scrambled behind him. I could barely see the manticore at all, and Jake wouldn’t be able to stand up against the spikes forever. Wes moved between me and the truck and readied her bow.
“Don’t you have night vision goggles or something?” She asked Jake; apparently she couldn’t see any better than I could.
“I don’t carry every gadget known to man!” Jake snapped, quickly adjusting to brace himself for the next hit.
“It would help....” I muttered, firing almost blindly at the manticore.

Well, I'm too lazy to give you more of a taste- but some of you will recognize this as an adaptation of part of the quest Wes, Kris, and myself (and i guess sometimes Kiki)went on ages ago.
I'm currently working on putting the plot together and drawing in the characters from here. That shouldn't be too hard. I'm lazy and don't like making new chacters by myself.

Last edited by GeneralArin on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Half-Blood Legacy Empty Re: Half-Blood Legacy

Post  GeneralArin Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Alright, since the first chapter's just about done I'll post that.
Now, you know I just have to start out with Jake.....

ἡμίθεος κατάλειψις
Half-Blood Legacy
Jake

Ah, Christmas break. A snowy, fun outside and home and hearth inside. Just a nice time of relaxation. Just me, my mom, and my dog in our little apartment in New Jersey.
I was settling down and snacking on a chocolate bar while my mom was out at the store. Thor, my dog, was curled up confortably near the door. I was looking forward to this Christmas. I mean, for once, I actually felt normal. And I was enjoying every second.
Now, I bet your thinking that this is going to be one of those stories where the entire beggining is so boring and uneventful that it doesn't even seem like it should have been written. Well then, let me take that idea and throw it out the window with the rest of my holiday plans because apparently heroes don't get vacation time.
There was a knock on the door. Thor raised his head and looked at me expectantly. I sighed and got up from my seat to open the door. My eyes widened in suprise at the boy at the door.
"Hi Jake!" He said cheerfully.
I slammed the door in his face.
There was a shout of protest from the other side of the door, but I was *not* ready to see him again. Now, I bet you're thinking 'Wow, he's so mean' and 'you shouldn't slam the door in people's faces!' But let me tell you. You have no idea.
"Ja-ake! Open uh-up! It's important!" I exchanged glances with Thor. Frankly, I was debating exiting via the fire escape. I probably should of, but instead I opened the door again.
"What is it, Ryan?" I asked, irritated that he was even here. It must have been important to have come all the way out here from Manhattan, and that's what I didn't like.
"The camp's had some- hey!" I cut him off with the door slamming shut again. "Hey! Jake! Open up!" Ryan whinned from the other side of the door.
"Not my problem until summer!" I shouted back, plopping back down into my chair. Ryan kept banging, but I turned on the t.v and ignored him. I had just gotten used to being normal. I'd like to keep normallity until summer came. Then I'd go and deal with Camp Half-Blood, but until then he could bang until his hands bled. I was not about to-
"Jake, we-" I jumped at the voice beside me. I wirrled around to see Ryan standing by my chair.
"Whaa?! How did?! Did you pick my lock!?!"
"You wouldn't open the door."
"That's breaking and entering!"
"Noo... it's just entering. I didn't break anything." Ryan replied smartly. I glared at Thor who was sill laying down by the door.
"You are a useless dog." I muttered. Thor just yawned.
"But seriously Jake, there's a quest and we need to go..."
"I'm not even at camp right now! Why can't you choose someone who's at least in the state!?"
"Chiron." Ryan reminded. My scowl deepened. The old centaur seemed convinced that I had some great destiny ahead of me.
"Tell him he can eat my pants. Go ruin someone else's vacation." Now, don't get me wrong- I respect the ancient centaur, but not even the legendary and wise trainer of heroes would make me willingly give up my first real christmas in eons.
"Jake! We need to go!"
"*You* need to go. *I* need to enjoy Chrismas like a normal person." Ryan smirked as he held back a laugh.
"You? Normal?" That was it of my paitience.
"Go. Now."
"Jake?"
"Get out of my apartment!"
"But-"
"There is no way I am leaving this appartment!" Ryan made a face. I shoved him out the door and closed it behind him. Well, I guess sometimes it doesn't matter how stubborn you are, because when you have three equally stubborn and forceful people opposing you- you're not going to win. Ryan and the others somehow managed to drag me downstairs and into the truck. It didn't even matter that they had to do it with me litterally kicking and screaming- and compliements to the stupid Mist for not letting me get any help whatsoever. My own dog didn't even help me, he just tagged along, exited to go somewhere.
"I really ate you all." I siad bluntly. Wes looked back from her seat in front of me.
"Awww... Jakey doesn't love us anymore..."
"Yah, Jake, it seems like you aren't happy to see us." Kris said from the driver's seat, joining in on the teasing.
"I would be a whole lot happier if I saw you six months from now." I muttered, leaning against the arm rest.
I guess I should introduce you to everyone and why I'm being called to summer camp during the middle of winter. Well, since you saw Ryan first, I'll start with him. I've actually known him the longest. We met when I ran away from home. We didn't really know where we were going, but we became friends along the way- Me, Ryan, and Thor. Well, Thor isn't the best of friends with Ryan, but he isn't bitting. He's Hermes's kid. Yes, the messenger god, I'll get to that later when I talk about camp. Ryan has blond hair, but he likes it really short and it sticks up in the front. I think he makes it do that, but it doesn't matter. He's gotten a bit taller than me and now that I think about it, I'm not even sure why we're friends. He's annoying. He'll make a joke of everything. Oh, and he's a thief. That's how we met, he stole my backpack.
Now, Wes and Kris I still don't know them very well. They're one of the senior campers, not because they're older than me and Ryan, but because they've been at camp for ages. They even stay all year- no idea why they'd want to. Wes is normally a rather quiet person, and is deadly with a bow. I guess her quietness really helps her aim at unsuspecting targets. And the fact that she's Apollo's daughter. That may be part of it. Kris is Posiden's kid, a child of what everyone calls the "Big Tree," Zeus, Posiden or Hades: the sons of Kronos. She's got some mystical water powers and can talk to fish and stuff. She's also rather bipolar. Just throwing that out there.
I'm Jacob Smith. (I just realized I hadn't introduced myself yet. Sorry.) I'm a son of Hephestus, the god of forges and fire. I guess I'm alright at making things, but I don't have some awesomely special ability or talent. Yah, I'm one of the most boring freaks out there.
And now for the camp. Camp Half-Blood is a training camp for special kids out there who can't sit still and can't read well. The catch: these kids also must be unlucky enough to have a diety for a parent. They call them: demigods. And all these greek myths- they're real. And most of them are very, very bad. Name a monster, I can probably name someone who got killed by it, save legendary monsters (this title is saved for the *really* bad guys) like Landon or Cerebus. And now for why I'm heading off for a quest in the middle of winter? You tell me and we'll both know. Yah. Well, I've got nothing more to say to you or anyone else, especially not my so-called friends. So, Jacob Smith- Signing off.

GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfy/Erik Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:26 am

Hmmm, I like it.
Wolfy/Erik
Wolfy/Erik

Drachmae : 1665

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Eris
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:32 pm

thanks! The next chapter will be posted when I finish it.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Chapter two
Ryan
Boy, Jake was mad. I mean, I’ve seen him mad before- but this was the angriest I’ve seen him. Well, I guess it’s fair. He sort of just got kidnapped a couple days before Christmas with his mom. I was looking forward to seeing what camp did at Christmas- it would be my first one at camp, second one since I’ve ran away. Well anyway, back to our story. We stopped at a rest stop when we decided it was too far for Jake to really get anywhere if he was still determined to get back. Besides- we didn’t want Thor peeing in the car. After Thor did his ‘business,’ we all sat around one of the picnic tables.
“Alright. Explanation time.” Jake said with the scowl he had been wearing for the past hour or so. “What’s so important that you *had* to drag me out on a quest in the middle of winter?”
“Actually, it’s near the begini-” I didn’t get to finish because Jake elbowed me in the gut. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to sit beside him while he was mad. I rubbed my side as Kris answered.
“The camp was attacked.”
“So? The camp’s attacked every year or so- no big deal. That’s what the boundaries are for.” Jake replied. The frowns across the board must have made Jake rethink his reply. “Right? They keep the monsters out.”
“Not if the monsters were allowed or summoned in.” Wes finally said, after me and Kris couldn’t find a way to tell him.
“So…then why are you guys leaving on a quest and not defending camp?”
“Because we believe something’s going on out here. Something bad.” I summed up, bluntly. “Besides…” I added more quietly. “There’s not much camp left to defend at the moment…”
Jake looked a bit more uneasy now. He tapped his pocket, probably double checking that his pocket watch was still there like he normally did when he had a bad feeling about something.
“You’ll have to be a bit clearer. Why me and not some senior camper who’s at camp?” His voice sounded like he had an idea of the answer.
“Well, Kiki and David are helping get what’s left of the camp put back together in time for the summer campers to have somewhere safe to come back to…” I franticly motioned to Kris not to continue because this was the part I didn’t get to tell Jake yet. She completely missed or ignored my signals. “The others are severely wounded or dead.” I sighed in resignation. At least she added ‘severely wounded.’
“Mason’s dead?” Jake’s scowl completely vanished as he read between the lines. Kris and Wes looked at me accusingly.
“I… didn’t get a chance to tell him yet…” I said weakly, knowing I probably wouldn’t have been able to break it to him any better. There was a long silence as Jake took in the news. Mason was the Hephaestus counselor back at camp. He was a good friend to me and Jake when we first got to camp, and Jake’s mentor. Jake had even gotten the pocket watch he carries around all the time from Mason. The watch turns into a shield that Mason said was invincible, never to be pierced or even scratched. Mason was a rather cool guy. Shame you couldn’t have known him. After long moments of silence, Thor sniffed up between Jake and I, nuzzling against Jake’s arm. Jake patted his dog’s head and recomposed himself.
“Where are we going next?” He said, determination starting to creep into his voice.
“To Rachel Dare’s house- to get a prophecy.”
“Well then.” Jake pushed up from the table and started heading to the car. “We better get going.” The others and I exchanged glances. I’ll admit I was glad he wasn’t going to be mopey the entire way: that just wasn’t Jake. But I was a bit worried that he wouldn’t be focusing so much on the quest as much as paying back whatever for killing Mason, that was something that might get us killed. I’ll stick to hoping that having Jake around will help push us along the quest quickly and not get involved in too many side trips- especially ones of the dangerous varieties.
After about another hour of driving we finally arrived at the house of the mysterious Rachael Dare. Well...actually, I’m sure she’s not that mysterious. But that last line sounded cool, didn’t it? Jake is yelling at me to hurry up and continue with the story. You know, there is a bunch of the story you just don’t get when we tell it to you. I mean you missed a lot of funny stuff. Like this one time where I scared Jake so bad he screamed like a girl. Ow. Alright, I just got hit- so I guess that this is a good time as any just to continue the story. Where was I…? Oh, right. The house. This lady must be *loaded*! We started pulling up to the long drive way. This lady had a gate and everything! Kris pushed the intercom button and told the butler dude (see *loaded*) that we needed to talk to Ms. Dare. The butler seemed suspicious but let us in. We pulled up to the top of the driveway and parked. I hopped out and stretched.
“Ah, road trips. One guaranteed way to kill your butt and make your legs numb.”
Wes laughed a bit, and Thor jumped out behind me, eager to be outside again. Kris yelled at him not to pee on Ms. Dare’s grass. The gardener yelled at Thor with slightly more colorful language. Half of it was in Spanish or something, so Wes was spared from hearing so many bad words. Jake and I exchanged glances. We weren’t worried so much about Thor ruining Ms Dare’s lawn. Neither of us wanted her to be missing a few priceless heirlooms after we walked out. Jake probably mentioned this earlier, but I may have a slight problem with grabbing things that aren’t mine. The shinier the better. We as campers might not be invited back if I happened to grab something… or a couple things. Maybe five. Yah. I’m that bad. Especially if they’re a polished silver color. Or just cool. Anyway… Me and Jake were worried. Thor came back and Jake said a couple words to the dog and it stuck close to Jake’s side. It was always kinda cool how much the dog listened to him, but I think the gardener was irked that Jake didn’t call Thor back earlier. It would have save a bunch of chase time on his and Kris’s part. But for me Jake and Wes, it was hilarious. That dog should be a running back. He completely juked them out. Well, when Kris came back we were about to head inside when I spoke up.
“Hey, maybe I should stay out here…” I said, opting not to voice my stealing problems in front of the estate’s employees. “You guys can fill me in.”
“I’ll stay out here with him.” Jake volunteered. I was grateful for the company but partially wondered if he offered to keep my hands off things that weren’t mine or simply to keep me company.
“Stop being such babies you two.” Kris said, obviously not remembering my dad was the god of thieves. Jake and I exchanged glances.
“Come on. If we all go in, no need to repeat things.” Wes pointed out, leading the way inside. Jake shrugged and said something to Thor. It was probably something along the lines of ‘bite him if he touches anything’. Jake handed me his pocket watch as I stuck my hands deep in my pockets.
“In case you want to grab something. But I want it back.” He explained quietly. I nodded and took it, grateful for his insight. I stuffed it in my pocket, keeping a hand on it to try and remind myself I didn’t need anything. Jake has been trying to break my stealing habit almost since we met. He hasn’t succeeded, but I don’t grab much anymore. Haven’t lost my touch though. I take Jake’s wallet and put it back just to make sure I haven’t. Alright. Maybe I shouldn’t have written that because now Jake just hit me harder than last time. Well, before I give anything else away I better just hurry up and write this part.
We went inside and I finally got to meet Ms. Dare. She was a red head. Like really red. Kris told me earlier that she was the new oracle. Now, I really didn’t want to ask what an oracle was. It sounded suspiciously like ‘oriole’ which I knew was a baseball team which sounded like ‘Oreo’ that was a cookie. I really don’t think she was a Major League Baseball player or a cookie. She was actually kinda hot, you know for an older lady.
“Hello, you guys must be from camp.” She said. I felt Jake’s watch, tracing the lion head on it. “So what brings you guys here?”
“Um... Premonitions. Dreams.” Wes said vaguely. “We need a prophecy.”
“The sooner the better.” Jake muttered beside me.
“Well…” Ms. Dare seemed to be trying to figure out what Wes meant by ‘premonitions’ like I was. She continued anyway. “You’ll have to ask.”
“Please give us a prophecy so we can move on with our lives.” Jake asked, obviously impatient to get going. After a long pause Rachael spoke again. (I got tired of calling her Ms. Dare)
“You know...that’s not really how you ask.”
“Do we have to ask all formal like?” Kris asked. I frankly was getting bored of the conversation and was ready to get the prophecy and get going again. (Did I mention I have the attention span of a goldfish?)
“It’s not like I can turn this thing on and off.”
“O great and wonderful spirit, please relinquish to us this destiny” Kris asked formally. Suddenly, Rachael’s eyes rolled back into her head and her voice suddenly turned raspy. Thor growled.
“Two weeks set upon the shore,
One decides the fate of war,
Demigods shall take the bait,
And one must face recriminate,
Fate starts much like the typhoon,
Ending in darkness like the moon.”
After she had finished she returned to normal. Jake and I blinked, a bit taken back by both the prophecy and seeing how it was given. It was really strange. Finally I broke the silence.
“Can you repeat that in English, please?”
“Is ‘recriminate’ even a word?” Jake asked. I don’t blame him- it sounded weird.
“It means for someone to counter accuse.” Rachael answered. Wes and Kris were still thinking on it. I attempted to focus too.
“Ending in darkness, eh?” That’s when my focus left me. “Well, we can buy flashlights along the way. Time to go!” I turned to leave, Thor at my heels.
“You do that…” Wes muttered. She and the others thanked Rachael and started to follow me. Well, that took longer than I thought. Jake says it’s because I kept going off on tangents. Well, whatever. It’s done now and you get to have a couple extra stories. We would continue trying to figure out this prophecy the entire quest. But as Apollo would say: (and what Wes would keep reminding us no matter how many times we told her that it wouldn’t hurt if she contributed to our thoughts.) Prophecies are funny things, they never turn our like you think they will. Now on that line: Ryan Peterson-Signing off.

GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Τρίτο κεφάλαιο
"Ελα Πιτ-εσείς ποτέ καθαρό εδώ μέσα;" Jake κατήγγειλε μετά το άλλο μεγάλο φτάρνισμα. «Υπάρχει τόσο πολύ σκόνη!"
Τζέικ, έχω μόλις έχουν εδώ μέσα μετά από τη μητέρα μου πέθανε. "Πέτρος είπε, τραβάει για το μεγάλο στήθος που είχε βρει το σπαθί του. «Και αυτή η σκόνη δεν σας ενοχλεί;" "Τζέικ! Σκάσε και με βοηθήσει να προχωρήσουμε αυτό! "Σύντομα τα δύο αγόρια είχαν το στήθος στη μέση του δωματίου, σε ανοιχτή όροφο. "Τώρα τι". "Τώρα ... ανοίγουμε το ... κάπως ..." "ποτέ ακούσει για βασικό;" "Δεν θυμάμαι ποτέ να υπάρχει ένας ..." Ο Πέτρος είπε συνεσταλμένα. Τζέικ βάλετε ένα χέρι στο πρόσωπό του. "Καλή δουλειά, ιδιοφυΐα." "Hey-ήθελες οδηγεί!" "Ήθελα χρήσιμο οδηγεί." Τζέικ μουρμούρισε. Πήρε ένα γόνατο μπροστά από το στήθος και εξέτασε το λουκέτο. «Τώρα τι κάνεις;" Τζέικ αλιεύεται ένα από picklock την τσέπη του και άρχισε να επιλέγει την κλειδαριά και σε λίγα λεπτά είχε την κλειδαριά ανοιχτό. «Και αυτό είναι πώς γίνεται κυρίες και κύριοι. Έτσι ο Πέτρος, σας ενδιαφέρει να κάνει το τιμά. "Peter κοίταξε Τζέικ. "Τι;" "Θα ... ποτέ. Μυαλό." Αυτός αξιοποιηθεί στην κορυφή του στήθους μία φορά, για καλή τύχη και άνοιξε το βαρύ, ξύλινο καπάκι. Τα αγόρια φαινόταν εσωτερικό και στον αμέσως απογοητευτήκαμε. "Τι;! Αυτό ήταν όλο!;! Δεν έχει ακόμη και οι πολύτιμοι λίθοι ή κάτι πολύτιμο μόνο μερικά ηλίθια χαρτί και ύφασμα! Γιατί στο καλό θα κάνει τον κόπο-;! "" Τζέικ! "Πέτρος είπε, κοπή αλαζονικό του φίλου του από μικρή. "Είναι ένα γράμμα." "Ω, τώρα είναι μια ηλίθια χαρτί με τις λέξεις. Whoopty Do. "Σκάσε και επιτρέψτε μου να το διαβάσετε ..." Peter αποκορυφωμένο την επιστολή τότε διαβάστε το aloud.Dear Πέτρο, Αν διαβάζετε αυτό, τότε υποθέτω ότι θα είναι είτε 13 ή 14. Ξέρω ότι πρέπει να έχετε κάποιες ερωτήσεις σχετικά με την ιστορία σας και να παρουσιάσει τις αλλαγές σας. "Οι αλλαγές, καλή διατύπωση." Τζέικ »χλεύαζε. "Σκάσε". Πέτρος σκέφτηκε για μια στιγμή, στη συνέχεια συνέχισε reading.I μπορεί να έχει απαντήσεις για τα περισσότερα από αυτά, αν και ίσως θα βρείτε πολλές απαντήσεις για τον εαυτό σας. Ζήτησα από τη μητέρα σας να σας δώσει αυτά τα πράγματα:. Δική σπαθί μου και ένα pendant.Use το σπαθί με σύνεση για να υπερασπιστεί τον εαυτό σας, αν και δεν είναι ο καλύτερος τρόπος να πάει-Να χρησιμοποιείται μόνο σε δεινή έκτακτης ανάγκης »Geeze, θα ήταν να τον σκοτώσει μόνο για να εξηγούν ξεκάθαρα; "Τζέικ είπε." Σκάσε έτσι μπορώ να τελειώσω την ανάγνωση της επιστολής. "Peter επαναλάβουν κρεμαστό κόσμημα είναι ένα σύμβολο που είσαι γιος μου και είμαι περήφανη για σένα. Ακολουθήστε την καρδιά σας και να μάθετε να χρησιμοποιείτε τις ικανότητές σας με σύνεση. Εάν θέλετε, θα είμαι στη Βόρειο σας περιμένει. Με ευχές, AlkaronThere ήταν μερικές μουντζούρες στο κάτω μέρος που δεν είχε νόημα. "Αλ ... Αυτοκίνητο-on? Elk-air-on? "Jake μουρμούρισε, προσπαθεί να πει το όνομα." Al-περίθαλψη-on. "Peter διορθωθεί, ηχώντας αποσπούν την προσοχή." Λοιπόν, το Βόρειο ... αυτό είναι μάλλον ακριβή. Εκκαθάριση ως λάσπη. "Peter αγνόησε συνεχίζοντας αλαζονικό Jake και πήρε τη δέσμη του υφάσματος στο στήθος. Αυτός έβγαλε προσεκτικά με το ένα χέρι. Jake άρπαξαν την επιστολή άλλη πλευρά Πέτρου ξαφνικά. "Τζέικ!" "Κρατήστε το πουκάμισό σας, απλά ανοίξτε το δέμα, είμαι μόνο ψάχνει." Τζέικ απάντησε απότομα. Κατείχε το χαρτί με διαφορετικούς τρόπους, εξετάζοντας το
Listen
Tzéik, écho̱ mólis échoun edó̱ mésa metá apó ti̱ mi̱téra mou péthane. "Pétros eípe, traváei gia to megálo stí̱thos pou eíche vrei to spathí tou. «Kai af̱tí̱ i̱ skóni̱ den sas enochleí?" "Tzéik! Skáse kai me voi̱thí̱sei na procho̱rí̱soume af̱tó! "Sýntoma ta dýo agória eíchan to stí̱thos sti̱ mési̱ tou do̱matíou, se anoichtí̱ órofo. "Tó̱ra ti". "Tó̱ra ... anoígoume to ... kápo̱s ..." "poté akoúsei gia vasikó?" "Den thymámai poté na ypárchei énas ..." O Pétros eípe synestalména. Tzéik válete éna chéri sto próso̱pó tou. "Kalí̱ douleiá, idiofyḯa." "Hey-í̱theles odi̱geí!" "Í̱thela chrí̱simo odi̱geí." Tzéik mourmoúrise. Pí̱re éna gónato brostá apó to stí̱thos kai exétase to loukéto. «Tó̱ra ti káneis?" Tzéik aliév̱etai éna apó picklock ti̱n tsépi̱ tou kai árchise na epilégei ti̱n kleidariá kai se líga leptá eíche ti̱n kleidariá anoichtó. «Kai af̱tó eínai pó̱s gínetai kyríes kai kýrioi. Étsi o Pétros, sas endiaférei na kánei to timá. "Peter koítaxe Tzéik. "Ti?" "Tha ... poté. Myaló." Af̱tós axiopoii̱theí sti̱n koryfí̱ tou stí̱thous mía forá, gia kalí̱ týchi̱ kai ánoixe to varý, xýlino kapáki. Ta agória fainótan eso̱terikó kai ston améso̱s apogoi̱tef̱tí̱kame. "Ti?! Af̱tó í̱tan ólo!?! Den échei akómi̱ kai oi polýtimoi líthoi í̱ káti polýtimo móno meriká i̱líthia chartí kai ýfasma! Giatí sto kaló tha kánei ton kópo-?! "" Tzéik! "Pétros eípe, kopí̱ alazonikó tou fílou tou apó mikrí̱. "Eínai éna grámma." "O̱, tó̱ra eínai mia i̱líthia chartí me tis léxeis. Whoopty Do. "Skáse kai epitrépste mou na to diavásete ..." Peter apokoryfo̱méno ti̱n epistolí̱ tóte diaváste to aloud.Dear Pétro, An diavázete af̱tó, tóte ypothéto̱ óti tha eínai eíte 13 í̱ 14. Xéro̱ óti prépei na échete kápoies ero̱tí̱seis schetiká me ti̱n istoría sas kai na parousiásei tis allagés sas. "Oi allagés, kalí̱ diatýpo̱si̱." Tzéik »chlév̱aze. "Skáse". Pétros skéfti̱ke gia mia stigmí̱, sti̱ synécheia synéchise reading.I boreí na échei apantí̱seis gia ta perissótera apó af̱tá, an kai íso̱s tha vreíte pollés apantí̱seis gia ton eaf̱tó sas. Zí̱ti̱sa apó ti̱ mi̱téra sas na sas dó̱sei af̱tá ta prágmata:̱. Dikí̱ spathí mou kai éna pendant.Use to spathí me sýnesi̱ gia na yperaspisteí ton eaf̱tó sas, an kai den eínai o kalýteros trópos na páei-Na chri̱simopoieítai móno se deiní̱ éktakti̱s anánki̱s »Geeze, tha í̱tan na ton skotó̱sei móno gia na exi̱goún xekáthara? "Tzéik eípe." Skáse étsi boró̱ na teleió̱so̱ ti̱n anágno̱si̱ ti̱s epistolí̱s. "Peter epanalávoun kremastó kósmi̱ma eínai éna sýmvolo pou eísai gios mou kai eímai perí̱fani̱ gia séna. Akolouthí̱ste ti̱n kardiá sas kai na máthete na chri̱simopoieíte tis ikanóti̱tés sas me sýnesi̱. Eán thélete, tha eímai sti̱ Vóreio sas periménei. Me ef̱chés, AlkaronThere í̱tan merikés mountzoúres sto káto̱ méros pou den eíche nói̱ma. "Al ... Af̱tokíni̱to-on?̱ Elk-air-on?̱ "Jake mourmoúrise, prospatheí na pei to ónoma." Al-períthalpsi̱-on. "Peter diortho̱theí, i̱chó̱ntas apospoún ti̱n prosochí̱." Loipón, to Vóreio ... af̱tó eínai mállon akriví̱. Ekkathárisi̱ o̱s láspi̱. "Peter agnói̱se synechízontas alazonikó Jake kai pí̱re ti̱ désmi̱ tou yfásmatos sto stí̱thos. Af̱tós évgale prosektiká me to éna chéri. Jake árpaxan ti̱n epistolí̱ álli̱ plev̱rá Pétrou xafniká. "Tzéik!" "Kratí̱ste to poukámisó sas, aplá anoíxte to déma, eímai móno psáchnei." Tzéik apánti̱se apótoma. Kateíche to chartí me diaforetikoús trópous, exetázontas to.

What? You can't read it?
ημίθεος δυνάμεις σας σας έχει αποτύχει. <Your Demigod powers have failed you.>
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfy/Erik Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:02 pm

I used google translate, but it messes everything up. Translate.
Wolfy/Erik
Wolfy/Erik

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 pm

well that's not really the chapter, so it doesn't matter. Wes told me to post it before I thought of it.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:07 pm

Is that part of By The Dragon's Blade?
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Nope, Peter's secret. part of chapter 12
I think I might have accedently copied part of it twice though
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:16 pm

That's what I meant to say but when went to change it you already potsed。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Half-Blood Legacy Empty Chapter 3

Post  GeneralArin Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:07 pm

And what you've been waiting for- Chapter Three!
(And I just realized this has a title while the others have no titles posted. The titles so far are: I Get Kidnapped for Christmas, I meet the strangest Oreo Ever.)

Chapter Three: My Truck Gets Charred
Kris
So we started heading West from the Dare’s house. We weren’t entirely sure where we were going but West sounded like a really good idea to me and Wes. Besides something in the back of my mind was telling me that West was the way to go. So by this time, I was starting to agree with Jake, which is very *very* rare. But this quest had barely even started and the guys were already getting on my nerves. I mean Wes was alright but she’s a girl and doesn’t normally annoy me. But the boys on the other hand.... Jake was determined to ruin the mood on this quest. He was being so grumpy and he didn’t even care. And then Ryan was treating everything like it was a joke, as usual. Ugh, boys....
“What do you guys think the prophecy means?” Jake shouts up to the front of the car over the roar of the winds.
“Well I have a hunch that the shore that it’s talking about is San Fransisco. You know, since it’s close to the Titan mountain,” I answered Jake from the drivers seat.
“I thought it was the San Fransisco *Giants*?” Ryan called back. I restrained myself from reaching my hand through the window and strangling the boy. Besides I heard Jake say something to him, but the wind carried it away from the window so I couldn’t here it.
Next thing I knew, Wes turned around in her seat and shouted at them, “Quit trying to figure it out! We’ll know when it happens!”
“What?” The boys said in unison. They obviously couldn’t hear us too well. Wes just waved them off and turned back forward to mess with the radio. The conversation had ended and I was glad. That just meant it would be quiet for a while. But I spoke too soon. I caught Wes suddenly look backwards then at me. I instinctively looked at the rear-view mirror.
“Did you see that?” Wes’ eyes flickered back and forth.
“Did I see what?” My eyes kept moving back and forth between the road and the mirrors trying to figure it out. Suddenly, my view was blocked when Jake popped his head through the window.
“Did you guys see that!?” he yelled, forgetting he was in earshot.
“GUYS! What in the name of Zeus are you talking about??” I demanded
Wes had turned around to stare out the back and Jake fell back into the bed of the truck. “Somethings following us!” Wes shouted, seeing a figure not too far in the distance.
“Don’t worry guys!” Ryan ensured, “It’s just a dog... ish... thing....” His voice trailed off, getting quieter with uncertainty each word. “Oh crap...” I heard him say. I stared at the rear-view a minute longer than I should have. I looked back at the road and swerved to avoid hitting an oncoming car. “Guys! I still don’t see it!!” I tried to project my voice so the guys in the back could hear.
Jake stuck his head inside the cab. “Uh...” He stammered for a second. “I-It’s the chimera!!!” He screamed in my ear. He had a pair of binoculars in his hand.
“That’s bad....” I said trying to keep my cool.
“No kidding...” Wes muttered. She had somehow managed to grab the binoculars away from Jake and was looking out the back at the monster. Jake pulled his head from inside the cab and sat with Ryan, staring at the Chimera.
I gripped tightly at the wheel. “Fight it or shake it?” I asked frantically.
“Shake please! On the double!” Ryan called up. He seemed to have no trouble hearing now. I didn’t think too much on it, I just stepped on the gas, glad there were no cops or other cars around.
“It’s catching up fast!” Jake reported. I heard a metallic sound and looked back to see him ready with his shield.
“Who knew it could run so fast...” I heard Ryan mutter.
“Guys I am running out of gas!!!” I watched the indicator running close to empty.
“Maybe we should lighten the load,” Wes suggested. “Ryan-get out.”
“Ha-ha very funny...” he shouted.
“Guys! You really aren’t helping here!” I constantly looked back at the monster that was rapidly closing in on us.
Pretty soon, the trucks gas gauge showed it was running on empty. Just as the the truck started to sputter, Jake put a foot on the tailgate and readied his shield. Ryan and Thor had gotten as low as they could get. I looked in the rear-view again, the Chimera roared, flames dancing around it’s mouth.
“Do you see it now?” Ryan sarcastically asked me. I ignored his comment and focused on keeping the truck moving as long as I could. He aimed a crossbow and started shooting off bolts as fast as he could. All of a sudden, the my view in the mirror was just flames. That Chimera had the audacity to shoot a column of flame at us. Ryan managed duck in time. Jake’s shield took most of the fire but even still, the back end of the truck was scorched black. Our only way of escape began slowing down and I cursed under my breath. I saw Jake jump off the back end of the truck soon followed by Ryan, both wielding the spare swords that we borrowed from camp. Thankfully Thor was a good dog and stayed in the truck bed.
The two started running in different directions. Ryan took the snake end and Jake the lion half. The truck coasted to a stop not to far away. Luckily, the chimera stopped, engaging the boys instead of coming after the truck. After a couple seconds, Wes and I jumped out. She twisted her wristbands and suddenly had a quiver on her thigh and a bow in her hand. I, on the other hand, pulled a silver band off my right ring finger and gripped it tightly in my hand. After a second, a long reverse-blade celestial bronze sword was secured in my grip. I quickly ran to help Jake with the lion side of things. Wes stayed where she was and shot countless amounts of arrows at the Chimera’s open back as we fought.
Understanding it’s claws did nothing against Jake’s shield, the Chimera took a slash at me as I approached. I easily dodged and in turn gave Jake the perfect opportunity to slash at the monster’s muzzle. He took it, but the Chimera grabbed Jake’s shield in it’s mouth and tried to pull it away. With the monster distracted, I decided to end it. I ran to the Chimera’s side and with one quick stab, impaled the monster. It roared in pain and turned to swat me away. I jumped out of the way of it’s paw and watched the golden ichor trickle down my sword that was stuck in it’s side.. Ya see, ichor is the blood of the immortal. Us demigods have it flowing through our own bloodstream but you can’t see it. But anyway, I guess the Chimera couldn’t take the the might of three swords and who knows how many arrows. It dropped to the ground with a shudder. I waited cautiously, itching at the back-up dagger on my thigh. Just as the wind blew, the Chimera turned to dust, golden dust. I walked over and plucked my sword from the dust, shaking any remains of dust clinging to it. Okay quick fact, celestial bronze, as in the material all demigod weapons are made from, is the only metal that can even scratch an immortal. I could go more into detail about it but we are running out of time. Back to the story....

“Well that went well,” Jake said as he licked his index finger and thumb, pinching out a burning hair.
“No one got bit right?” Wes asked. Thor barked from the truck bed.
“Doesn’t look like it. We all look okay to me,” I looked everyone up and down, checking for scratches and bites.
“That was the first thing I loped off,” Ryan chimed in, kicking around the snake head that didn’t turn into dust with the rest of the Chimera. “But honestly, that’s rather gross....”
“Looks like that is your spoils, your trophy,” Jake shrugged and watched the snake head get kicked around.
“Uh... I’ll pass,” Ryan said with a disgusted face. “Let’s just get out of here please.” Ryan hopped into the back of the truck with Thor. Jake climbed into the back with him, laying his shield down, the engraved lion covered in soot. Wes and I got into our seats in the cab and turned the key in the ignition. ‘Wrrrhrrrhrrr...’ I closed my eyes in frustration. Jake sighed.
“It’s empty isn’t it,” Jake guessed.
I stared at the gas gauge. “No Jake. I just decided that I was going to turn the truck on to get the noise and then immediately turn the truck off. OF COURSE THE TANK IS EMPTY!!!” My frustration really came out in my voice.
“Geez, you don’t have to spazz out on me about it,” Jake sat against the back of the cab. “So we have a burnt, gas-less truck and a severed snake head.”
“Pretty much,” Wes said getting out of the truck. “Yah think you can fix it Jake?”
“Yeah, push.” Jake got out of the bed and waited for Wes to come around back.
“No one should ever have to push a truck...” Wes complained.
“Hey lady! Come help us out here!” Ryan ordered me out of the truck.
“Sorry, but someone has got to steer,” There was no way I was getting out there to push.
“Then let me steer and you push this charred truck!”
“Hey- I’m a girl, you’re a guy. Guys push cars, girls don’t.”
“What happened to freaking woman's equality...” Ryan muttered.
“Gee, thanks Kris....” Wes mumbled. Jake patted her shoulder, “Just push.”

Okay so for the record, I am not a spazz. But whatever. I was in for a long... however long this quest would take. Well that’s it for me. This is Kristina Fey Dante, signing out.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:09 pm

For the record, I rewrote this so the version you are reading is mine!!!
Geez Jake, you gotta give credit where credit is needed
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Is Lily going to be in the book?

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:00 am

Every active person on the site will be worked into the story. I can't garentee a large role in it, but you will be in it.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfy/Erik Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:25 pm

^_^ I'm going to be in it.
Wolfy/Erik
Wolfy/Erik

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:26 pm

And (no offence to the other, newer and less active people) you will be a semi-main character like the Stol brothers in the main books ^^
Ryan probably will mencion your Hermes-worthy trouble making such as the little windows incident....
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfy/Erik Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:51 pm

YAY! Semi-main is good enough for me!
Wolfy/Erik
Wolfy/Erik

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:40 am

Semi-main............hmmm......................not bad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfy/Erik Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:48 am

Well, it's Jakes book, thingy. And from what I know Jake, Wes, and Kris are close friends. We are just online friends(?) who could be perverted fourty year old men you like to chat with kids. Not saying that we are, but you get the point. Its Jakes thing and he puts in it who he puts in it.

Wolfy/Erik
Wolfy/Erik

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:07 am

Huh???? I don;t really get what you're saying

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfy/Erik Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:21 am

Don't expect a big role, its Jake's book.
Wolfy/Erik
Wolfy/Erik

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:23 am

oh.Ok. But it's Kris'book too.

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Mainly mine. I just had Kris rewrite the part where her character narrerates for the sake of voice. I still wrote the chapter and the events occuring in it.
(no matter how much credit Kris demands)

Now, chapter four will be put up some time in the next month. Sorry, but you guys won't be mencioned until we get back to camp... and I'm not sure how many chapters till then.
In the mean time: enjoy this random short story that I wrote ages ago that has no place in the main storyline whatsoever!

Ryan
So, my knack for annoying teachers finally comes in handy. Jake and I exchanged a glance. He gave a slight nod. This sphinx was gonna be sorry she had tried to pick on these campers! (And their dog... I guess)
"So. You're goning to ask us the riddle? You know, *everyone's* heard that riddle before. How about switching over to standardized testing? May I suggest the S-CAT?" I said, crossing my arms. Jake attempted to keep a straight face as the verbal sparring match begun.
"Of course I'm going to use a different riddle!" The Sphinx snapped, probably not appreciating my suggestion of using the S-CAT. She was about to continue when I inturupted.
"I was wondering, what sort of 'Legendary Monster' tells riddles? I mean- why bother?" I asked, somewhat honestly wondering why. The sphinx seemed beside herself with anger.
"Because, I am the most clever creature there is." She started in the I-am-trying-not-to-strangle-you tone. Funny, most people seem to get that tone around me, I wonder why? "I-"
"Right, Right, Of course." I inturupted again, hoping to avoid a monologue that elaborated on how clever and brilliant the Sphinx was. "You just need to show up any mortal (or half-mortal) that has the audacity to think that they can possibly match your awesome cleverness. So, how will this riddle work again?" The Sphinx seemed flattered by my faux praise. Personally, I thought I laid it on rather thick. Cleverest monster my butt.
"I will give you a riddle and when you answer incorrectly I will eat you."
"Yah, great... wait- when? Isn't there a right answer?"
"Yes."
"But you said 'when you get it wrong.'"
"You'll never guess the right answer." If the new riddle was anything like the original one, I probably wouldn't. The whole, 'three legs in the night' still makes no sence to me.
"What if I say whatever the right answer it?" I retorted.
"Then I souppose you would be correct."
"Then that's my answer." I said immediatly. The sphinx blinked in confusion.
"I have not said the riddle yet, and you gave no answer."
"No, I said my answer is 'Whatever the right answer is'." Jake snickered. The sphinx took a moment to figure out what I meant.
"You can't do that?!"
"You said I'd be correct." I said with a shrug. The Sphinx looked utterly flabbergasted. "I guess you just aren't as clever as you thought."

GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfy/Erik Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:28 pm

O.O Short storys! I lurve them.
Wolfy/Erik
Wolfy/Erik

Character sheet