Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Kyain Post (Yes, this totally deserves capitalization)

2 posters

Go down

The First Kyain Post (Yes, this totally deserves capitalization) Empty The First Kyain Post (Yes, this totally deserves capitalization)

Post  Estelle Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:46 pm

These days, Kyain didn't get too much sleep. Sometimes it was because the Hunters were constantly moving around, eliminating a sense of security. But after a year, this became a pretty invalid excuse not to sleep. It was more because of the dreams. Though no one knew it, or so she thought, Kyain's power of sensing pain occasionally penetrated her sleep, coming to her mind in the form of nightmares. Like normal dreams, she didn't remember all the details when she woke up, but it was still an unnerving experience.

Tonight was one of those nights, and Kyain sat up, jolted from her nightmare. Every inch of sleep had deserted her, and she lay panting silently, feeling the cold sweat moisten her clothes. She checked her watch. Three in the morning. It wasn't the ideal time to go out, but Kyain tiptoed out of the silvery tent, careful not to rouse anybody. There was a slight rustle as she stepped on the arm of a stray parka, but she was fairly sure that no one woke.

She sat in front of the entrance of the tent. Cold wind tickled her face, and was it snowing a little? Putting her parka hood over her head, she shivered. "Aren't you cold?" She asked the watch wolf, who had snuggled up next to her. The Huntress put one arm around the wolf in an attempt to warm it up. She knew that the wolves were used to the cold, and that they had their fur, but she could not help feeling a little sorry for them.

Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

The First Kyain Post (Yes, this totally deserves capitalization) Empty Re: The First Kyain Post (Yes, this totally deserves capitalization)

Post  Cerulaen Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:19 am

((Of course it deserves capitalization! xP))

Kylie had always been a light sleeper. It had come in handy way back in the day, and she had trained herself to be even more so ever since she joined the Hunt. Being on the alert was always a must, and a part of her felt obligated to be even more aware of every little detail ever since she was promoted. Needless to say, even with the comfort of the wolves watching over the camp, Kylie was awoken by the sound of rustling.
    She lay still for a few moments, listening. If it was an intruder, the wolves would have alerted them long ago. Still, she lifted her head up from her pillow, trying to blink herself more awake. She was a bit surprised to see the silhouette of a figure against her tent flap. Had Artemis returned from her business elsewhere? Or were one of the girls awake? Either way, Kylie figured she had better check, just to make sure everything was alright.
    Pulling on her fur boots, Kylie poked her head out of her tent. It was snowing lightly, and she went cross-eyed as a cold flake landed on her nose. Blinking them back into focus, though, she spied the small figure of a girl sitting next to one of the watch wolves outside her own tent, across a ways from Kylie's tent. Narrowing her eyes, she discerned the figure to be that of Kyain, almost their newest recruit as of last year. Kylie remembered her being rather unusually young.
    Stepping out of her tent, Kylie quietly padded across to where the little girl sat. "Hey," she greeted softly. "Everything alright?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

The First Kyain Post (Yes, this totally deserves capitalization) Empty Re: The First Kyain Post (Yes, this totally deserves capitalization)

Post  Estelle Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Kyain jumped at Kylie's sudden appearance. "I didn't know you were awake," she said, smiling sheepishly. Though late night excursions were not encouraged, she hoped that Kylie would let this one pass. After all, it was only right outside the tent. Meanwhile, the snow was slowly piling up. Reaching with her tongue, she caught a snowflake in her mouth. "I used to think it would be like cotton candy," Kyain grinned. "I guess not." She scooted over to make room for Kylie to sit, and cuddled up next to her.

Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:23 pm

((So I guess I'm going with them not knowing much about each other yet. xP))

Kylie smiled at Kyain. "I wasn't until a minute ago." The girl seemed to act a bit guilty, like she thought Kylie was going to reprimand her for sitting outside her own tent at obnoxious hours of the morning. Though she had to wonder why the little girl was doing so in such cold conditions, she hoped that wasn't the impression she'd been giving her over the last few months. Kylie was only really strict about things when she thought someone's life was in danger.
    Kylie laughed a bit at Kyain's reminiscences, sitting down when the girl made room for her. She was a bit surprised when the little girl pressed up close to her, but she smiled and put an arm around her in the cold. "It rarely snowed much back in England," she said, "so I didn't have much experience with big flakes like these 'til I came to the States." She held out a hand and let one melt on her palm. "It was really magical the first time, though." She grinned at Kyain. "Still is sometimes."
    She turned a bit so her body was facing Kyain more. "So is there any reason you're sitting out here in the snow in the middle of the night?" She arched a dyed eyebrow softly.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:37 am

((Wow, this took forever. Sorry xP))

Kyain nodded, looking at the swirling snowflakes. "It is magical," she agreed. "They're like little fairies dancing to the ground." The reason she relied on Kylie more than others was in part that Kylie was British, just like her. She didn't make fun of her accent, like some other kids would do. But not the hunters. Of course, not the hunters. Kyain didn't say that she had plenty experience with snow because she had to move around a lot; it seemed unnecessary at this time. Snowflakes weremagical.

Kyain looked up at Kylie when she asked her question. "Just... a dream," she said with a small smile. "I know that dreams are, you know, really common for all of us, but I still don't really like them," she said, looking back at her boots.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:31 pm

((Has is really been 9 days since you posted? Oops.))
    ((Totally forgot Kyain was British, too...xD))

Kylie looked down at Kyain, her face sympathetic. "I've had my own share of bad dreams," she related. Especially back in the day, right after she joined the Hunt, and especially once she was claimed; her past had somehow found its way into the Greek stories of her dreams, churning them into pits of horror that had sometimes felt worse than what had gone on in her house in the first place. It had taken her a long time before she was able to overcome them.
    She gave Kyain's shoulder a bit of a squeeze. "Do you wanna talk about it? It helps to, sometimes."

Last edited by Cerulaen on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:54 pm

((Haha, I just remembered when you mentioned England.))

Kyain sighed. “Most of them are about Dad.” She was referring to his death by the manticore. She still sort of blamed herself for that. “But then...there are dreams from other people too. Like the people I helped…heal, I guess.” She shrugged, chewing her bottom lip. “It’s sort of, well, creepy.” Creepy didn’t cover it, but Kyain didn’t know how to put it in any other way. “I mean, it’s not like I haven’t been in battles and stuff, but it’s so much more real, you know. Even if I normally wouldn’t be affected by that stuff, I can’t help it because that’s how much they were affected, and...yeah.” Kyain finished lamely. “I don’t know. I just don’t like nightmares, that’s all.”
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:53 pm

((Ugh, it's been way too long since I posted here...Sorry. >.<))
((Aaaaand I lost what I had written. -.- Fantastic.))

Kylie frown as she listened to Kyain explain things. Not necessarily because of what she was saying, but because she knew what it was like to be haunted by nightmares because of your past and she would never wish that upon anyone--especially this little girl. She wasn't just a little girl, though, but like a little sister to Kylie.
The lieutenant was quiet for a few moments after Kyain halted in her speech. She didn't know much about the extent and technicalities of the girl's powers other than she could sense and take away others' pain--both mental and physical, if she remembered correctly. Which would explain some of the dreams, she supposed. Kyain had always acted a lot older than her age, though, and Kylie could only imagine it was from everything she'd had to go through in her still short life so far. She didn't know much about Kyain's past, but Kylie figured the Hunter must have gone through some terrible experiences due to her power. She only wished she could take the weight of Kyain's own pain, let alone all the other souls' pain Kyain had taken on herself. Gods knew she'd learned how to deal with pain a long time ago.
Something occurred to Kylie then. Taking her arm from around Kyain, the redhead turned to face the girl, her legs crossed and her hands folded in her lap. “Do you only sense current pain, Kyain?” she asked. She could only hope that Kyain didn’t have to constantly tap into the agony that had shredded its way through her past, just by sitting next to her like this.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down