Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

By the Lake

3 posters

Go down

By the Lake Empty By the Lake

Post  GeneralArin Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:39 pm

(Apologies. Had an insane two weeks. But I'm back until my studio class gets insane again. But hey, fall break this weekend. Yay.)

Jake sat on the edge of the dock, legs tucked under him comfortably. For once, he wasn't watching or toying with Agamemnon. He had a medium sized rc helicopter to play with. This one had floats and stuff so it could land in the lake without a problem too. It wasn't particularly stable on the water, so he didn't trust it with waves.
He was relaxing during his break, having sorted out the status of quests, and not quite ready to start his own mission with Agamemnon off yet.

(A bit of a wide open post... but there's a topic starter)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

By the Lake Empty Re: By the Lake

Post  Jace Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:29 am

Jace was waking along the path to the dock, after spending a few months hiding in his cabin only comeing out for a few necessary needs. He has been reading a couple of novels written by a child of Athena. It was about the gods, and he has been reading the one on his mother for quite a while now. As he walked he reached the dock and heard a mechanical sound comeing from the edge. As he looked up he saw a boy he has seen around before, being a councilor of the hephastus cabin.

"Hey, how's it going." Jace says as he walks towards the boy, sitting next to him as he places a leaf in the book for a book mark. His little power over ice has become less active, his power over the cold and snow being a bit better. Being able to summon a blizzard at the snap of the fingers can be quite annoying when he can't control it.

As he sat next to the boy, he focused on the helicopter, watching as the boy flew it around. The thing seemed to be homemade, interesting. This was the ability of a child of Hephastus? Seems pretty useful. Let's hope he can do more than small robots.
Jace
Jace

Drachmae : 399

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Chione
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:52 pm

After practically being missing for quite some time, Kristina was back at camp and enjoying every bit of it. Her day had been pretty easy going so she decided it would be a good idea to go canoeing for a bit. She wore surf shorts and a short sleeved rash guard, her usual water clothes, and had her blonde hair twisted up in a bun. She was already on the lake by the time Jake arrived with his helicopter. She decided to stay away for a little bit and keep her canoe going. But then she saw the next boy join Jake. Kris figured that since Jake was already being bothered by one person, what would a second do?

She paddled over to the dock but stayed a safe distance away. Why? She could never pass up an opportunity to mess with Jake. She willed a water whip, about as thick as her index finger, and used it to smack down the helicopter. As the helicopter went down, Kris finished paddling the rest of the way to the dock with the biggest smile on her face. "Hey boys, how's it hanging?" She let her hands dangle in the water, letting the coolness encircle her fingers.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:16 pm

(lol did you know that your post made the 666th post on the Lake? XP)
(Jake: " D: ")

Jake tilted his head to the guy who had just joined him. "Hey," he said absently. The guy didn't say anything more, so Jake just left it alone, since he was playing with the helicopter. Well he was. Suddenly a water whip smacked it out of the sky.
Jake blinked. The helicopter splashed down, and bobbed up drunkenly.
He raised a brow at Kris as she came up.
"Well, I was playing with my helicopter," he said, dragging it out a bit dramatically. "But now I'm not."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Another new face for me, fun fun. I guess this person has control of water. Jace thought as he watched the two talk. He was watching the helicopter as it floated, and sighed a little. This was around the same day he first went here wasn't it, let's hope nothing bad happens this time.

"Hello, person. How has camp been cause I have been held up in my cabin. Hasn't left after trying to find out something's about my parent. My godly one that is." Jace said as he glanced over towards her direction. She was wearing attire for swimming though she wasn't swimming in there water. Hmm, swimming was fun, but not in this lake, last time he went in, he almost drowned. He shivered as a chill went up his back and then laid down on the dock his feet still dangling over the edge.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:09 am

Kris smiled even bigger at Jake, "You love me." She stuck her tongue out at him and playfully winked, which just made her smile more. Spending so much time away had really taken a toll on her but she was finally adjusting back to camp life.

She tilted her head toward the other boy, a smile still on her face. "The name's Kristina, but I go by Kris. I'm what I like to call a super-senior camper. I've been here way too long." The smile on her face slightly faded. "But I have kinda been M.I.A the past few months so I don't know what to tell ya kid."

Kris fished the helicopter out of the lake with her paddle and passing it just like so to Jake. "Sorry, I hope it's not damaged. I know how well your things take to water." The smile returned to her face as she remembered how well Aggie had liked water the first time they sparred.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:30 am

Jake's attempt at a stern look crack and his crooked grin peaked out. Until Kris made the comment about things taking to water.
"That was one time," Jake protested. "And he's completely waterproof!" He cleared his throat. Jake took the helicopter and shook it out. He examined it for a second. "Doesn't look waterlogged," he said with a shrug. He leaned back, setting it aside.

He looked over at Jace.
"Why haven't you left your cabin? That doesn't sound healthy." He frowned at the younger boy. Perhaps his counselor tendencies were coming out again, but really. Staying in one room for long periods of time was bad for you, especially without breaks for stretching or food. ....okay, he did that sometimes but that was different because he was working on important things. And this kid was new. So he didn't know that was somewhat hypocritical.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:38 am

"I have been trying to master my power I got from my godly parent. It hasn't gone so well, though I now find my cabin nice and comfy. But yeah, I have also been doing research, a child of Athena brings me some books every now and then and I read them, trying to find some clue on my mothers heritage. I want to see where she stood in the old times against the enemy's of Olympus. Just because I'm interested." Jace says as he stare into the sky, the blue sky was beautiful during the winter. He heard something coming out of the water as the guy pulled the helicopter out of the water.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:07 pm

"Uh-huh." Jake dragged it out, still frowning. "And what about food? Social interaction? Those are a bit important," Jake said. "Come out of your hole at least once a day," He advised.
Jake looked over at Kris.
"So, what hole did you come out of?" he quipped. "Helheim? Tartrus?" Jake started listing playfully.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:36 pm

"Well yes, food was a problem, but I always got to move around, kinda hard to stay still reading for me, so I would wander the woods from time to time." Jace said as he opened his book back a dnd skimmed a page, he was trying so hard to figure out what his mother could do.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:48 pm

Kris looked at the kid. "Dude, you really gotta get out more. The people here are great and keeping to yourself is definitely not the point of being here. If you stay to yourself all the time, you miss out on learning battle skills, forming alliances, being able to defend yourself should anything happen." She was a big advocate for people being able to protect themselves and work in a team. They were the skills that kept you alive in battle, and gods know she hates seeing people parish because of stupid mistakes. "It'd be in your best interest to get your nose out the book and get your hands on a sword or something."

A little flustered, she turned to Jake. "I've been around... not really... I kinda convinced my college advisor to let me do my first semester abroad and the rest online. So I have been hiding in France. It was fun but I am glad to be back at camp where I can swing a sword around and not almost get arrested for something about a chainsaw..." The frustration turned into a smile. The chainsaw story was a fun one. She remembered telling her step-dad when she got back and all he could do was laugh his butt off.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:24 am

(lol I was half expecting to get knocked into the lake. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. xP)

"France?" Jake asked, he had a huge excited grin. "That sounds like fun! Did you start another Revolution? Did you go to Paris? Meet some cute French boy," he continued in a rapid-fire manner, his questions quickly drifting away from reasonable or serious. "Share a croissants and then rapidly fall in love and then get chased down by his jealous scorned lovers in a helicopter and have to meet at a secret rendezvous at midnight in a chainsaw factory..." Jake described, mixing the cliche romance plot with something that probably wasn't in any movie he knew of, making the story ridiculous as possible.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:32 am

"Ok, sword play I don't have much of a trouble with it's my socializing skill i need to work on." Jace says blunts, as he pulls his sword out of its scabbard. He seemed to always keep his sword with him now, never know where a monster might show it self.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Kris willed a water jet to hit the boy right in the chest, knocking him on his back. "You need to work on defense too."
She listened as Jake rambled on, finding his story interesting. But it did get to the annoying point eventually. With the flick of her wrist, a jet of water came up behind him and knocked him into the lake.
She rolled her eyes and gave the boy on the dock kind but caring eyes, her mentor look. "I'm not saying you have trouble with a sword. I'm saying that you need to take it to the arena and spar with others. Practicing together builds bonds. You fight for a bit and when you need a break, you sit down and talk about how things are going, what each other can improve on. Gods know that's how I became friends with the bumbling gear head," she said as she glanced at Jake. Looking back at the boy, "Begin with what you know and go from there. You just have to put yourself out there in some way or another."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:53 pm

Jake broke off with a yelp when he was knocked into the lake.
"COLD!" He shouted, scrambling back up onto the dock. "Coldcoldcoldcoldcold," he complained loudly and dramatically. To be fair, though, the water was really, really cold. It was practically frozen.
When he got back up on the dock, he caught Kris referring to him in her spiel.
"Hey, I'm not bumbling," Jake protested. "Just really focused. And cold."
Jake conjured up a small flame and held it near himself, but not so close that he actually burned anything. That would help him warm up and dry off, right?
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Jace laughed as the boy got sent in to the lake, then laughed at him self when he was hit by water. This person was a interesting character for sure."Hey, wouldn't my life be my own choice. Like I believe that I am fine not haveing friends, besides the only friend I have is who knows where." Jace said as he remembered Helen.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:44 pm

"You still want to make at least acquaintances, you will never know who you might need as an ally one day." Kris shrugged at the kid. She was beginning to think that he wasn't going to listen to her. While she was all for helping people and making sure that they could survive in all situations, if someone wasn't willing to help themselves first there was no point to her trying to help them. This boy was beginning to seem like a prime example of such a person. "Look, I am not trying to tell you how to live your life, I am just trying to help you survive."
She turned her head to Jake and laughed at his little fire. "Oh Jakey, you know what would be sad... if something were to happen to that precious little fire of yours." She smirked, her countenance changing from her mentor state to her friend state. She dropped her fingers into the lake water, just waiting for him to react.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:49 am

OOC:I find it funny how Jake never responded to the topic, lol.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down