Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arena (Open)

4 posters

Go down

The Arena (Open) Empty The Arena (Open)

Post  GeneralArin Fri May 02, 2014 11:59 pm

[I'm bored and feel like hitting things, and since I'm in school and waiting on a topic, I'm just going to screw around in the arena with Jake. Feel free to join me here.]

Jake ducked the blow and used the movement in an underhanded swing upwards, striking the dragon's side. The metal scales shifted almost as if they had been slashed through-- a significant improvement over the original solid sides that a sword clanged off. More realistic. 
Agamemnon roared and snapped at him, and he had to jerk back, barely avoiding the automation's jaws. He shoved his shield into its muzzle, which made a sharp vibration and rattled both of them a bit. They both recoiled for a moment. Jake shook his shield arm. This metal on metal banging was exactly why he fixed the scale issue. 
Jake threw a horizontal slash which connected with its face, and Agamemnon snarled as it recoiled from the hit, and immediately swiped at him with a massive forepaw. Jake wasn't quick enough this time, and took the full hit to the chest, and he ended up sprawled across the dirt floor on his back. 

"Ouch," he said lamely, letting out a long breath. He and Agamemnon had been going for a long while, with various forms, and all the bangs and bruises mixed with the exhaustion of a drawn out fight. 
Agamemnon gave a few questioning clicks.
"Yeah," Jake said breathlessly. "We're done," he waved a hand lazily. "Zero."

Agamemnon shifted to remove the simulated battle damage and sat down. It studied Jake for a moment, then let out a low rumble.
"I'm fine. I just don't want to get up," Jake assured the automation. Sometimes after a hard hit you just want to stay where you fell for a bit. And with the long session he just went through, he figured he had earned a bit of a break. And he saw no reason to move for it.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

The Arena (Open) Empty Re: The Arena (Open)

Post  Cerulaen Tue May 06, 2014 9:32 pm

((Well, I was waiting to see if someone else would join cuz you, like, always RP with Ri, buuuut...I'll join if you're still bored? Cuz I still wanna see them spar. xP Or Kylie... But you can wait for other people if you want. xP Don't realleh currr.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Wed May 07, 2014 9:39 pm

(mind if I popped in ? there's been so little action with Conrad now that he's at school,plus I've never done a horseplay thread xP I don't mind either way if you had plans to do it with someone else, or aren't bored anymore )
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed May 07, 2014 9:57 pm

(I have no plans. Please join.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed May 07, 2014 11:41 pm

((Well, thank you for responding to him and not to me. I'll just show myself the door. xP))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Mon May 12, 2014 3:06 pm

(and now to throw Dae in here for the lols)

Damian walked towards the arena, he was still rather surprised by the fact they had allowed him into the camp, especially since he was a former Titan Army soldier. He wasn't planning on staying in camp half-blood long; he had simply felt drawn to the camp. It was strange, but Damian wasn't the type to question his instincts. Still there had been more than one tense moment since he had walked through the barrier a little over a week ago. People didn't trust him, and Damian didn't really blame them, after all he had been on the enemy side.

Then there was the situation with Daquiri, a girl he had fallen in love with when she was captured by the Titan Army. He had taken it upon himself to help her to survive, despite her often stating that she could take care of herself, or that she didn’t need his help. They had met several times after she had escaped, only for him to learn about her boyfriend, Jake Arin. Daquiri had been forced to pick between them, and chose Jake. Damian didn't hold a grudge however, he was over Daquiri. At least, that was what he had told himself.

Damian walked into the arena, and was surprised to see one of the two people in camp he had been hoping not to meet with. Laying on the floor of the arena messing with a giant automaton, was none other than Jake Arin. Speak of the devil Damian thought grimly.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon May 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Agamemnon gave a few clicks as it noticed someone walking into the arena. 

Jake glanced up, still not bothering to get up.

Ah. It was Damian. 
"Hello, Bobby," Jake said, crossing his arms over his chest for the sake of putting them somewhere. Agamemnon rumbled and laid down, aware fighting wasn't about to resume in the next few minutes. 
"You lost?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Mon May 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Damian gave a confused look at being called Bobby. What was that supposed to mean exactly? Perhaps the boy had him confused with somebody else. Though Damian didn't really think that was the case, based on Jake's body language. Damian decided to forget about it.

He wondered if Jake had known about his presence at camp, he knew that he had purposefully avoided the boy, as well as a certain redhead. The last thing Damian wanted was to cause trouble, even though he wasn't really planning on staying at the camp either way. He was better off being alone in the forest, at least there everything he did served the purpose of survival. Things were simpler that way. Damian still wasn't even sure why he had come here in the first place anyway.

"Just...wandering" Damian answered. Tundra was in a defensive stance to his left, watching the other boy as though he could attack at any moment. Damian silenced the wolf with a gesture, he wasn't here to start a fight with Jake, especially since the last time they had fought it had caused quite a bit of damage to a National park, and Damian didn't need to give the campers any more reason to consider him an enemy.

"So what's that thing?" Damian gestured towards the large automaton, unsure of what exactly to think about it.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Mon May 12, 2014 10:17 pm

( I forgot ! sorry xP I'll get a post up tomorrow, kind of late right now)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed May 14, 2014 10:21 pm

(Psst. Alex. Are you planning on posting today's tomorrow? Or should I just attempt to continue?)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Thu May 15, 2014 4:43 pm

( all right all right ! I'll post Razz schools been a bit busy now that we're entering the end of the year. I'll just assume that this is one of those days where he goes to camp over the weekend or something)

Conrad walked into the arena, sword in hand, excited for his first day back from school since he had gone. It had been a rush for the first couple of days, meeting nice new people and people of whom he wanted to smash their faces in. It had all and all been a great experience for him, but he missed camp half-blood. The calmness of the shore, the annoying-ness of his fellow campers, and especially the sound of blade on blade in the arena. There he felt like he belonged instead of being an outcast to society.

As he waltzed in, cheery as can be, Conrad noticed that there were 2 other people there too. One he recognized as Jake, who he first saw after returning from a quest long ago, but got to know a little bit better at the school he and a bunch of other half-bloods went to. The other he couldn't figure out, but he didn't care that much. he went up to them and said "Hey, how goes it?"

(it kind of sucks but that's what I can think of right now, sorry)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu May 15, 2014 5:19 pm

(lol, it's fine, just didn't want to post over you a bunch when you wanted to post. And you can assume whatever, because I haven't assumed anything. XP)

Damian gave Jake a blank look when he called him 'Bobby'. Figured. Jake debated attempting to explain Bobby Drake, but Damian apparently didn't care enough about the missing reference to linger on it, and just answered his question. The guy's dog growled at Jake, apparently thinking he was incredibly threatening laying on his back like that. Jake gave the mutt a surly look.  Having a dogasaurus of his own back home, he wasn't easily intimidated by dogs. Or wolves, for that matter. And while Iceman's 'dog' had the lean and narrow features of a wolf, it wasn't a particularly big one. Thor could totally take her. 

Jake perked up a bit as Damian asked about something he did care about, and flicked a lazy thumb at Agamemnon.
"This is Agamemnon, camp guardian and combat trainer," Jake said. He debated continuing the explanation, despite finding that most people only cared about that statement and not the rest about the incredible specs and features of the automation. Then he noticed Conrad had walked in. 

"Define 'it'," Jake said with a crooked grin, looking up at the guy. "But if I were to guess, I'd say 'it' goes well enough."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sat May 24, 2014 12:57 am

Damian narrowed his eyes at the machine, he could understand giving it some simple task, such as guarding the camp, but it was still just a machine right? Not capable of thinking itself, simply doing what it was last told. Damian had to wonder how it trained demigods though, after all wouldn’t it be too dangerous for demigods to fight something like that. He didn’t know much about machines, but he did know they tended to glitch. “You sure you can trust a robot with the entire security of camp, seems kinda careless to me.” Damian said, looking at the child of Hephaestus. Another camper walked in and Damian turned his attention to the boy.
”Fine, I’m curious how this thing helps with training though, wouldn’t it be more likely to kill the demigods trying to practice with it?”
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat May 24, 2014 1:08 am

"Agamemnon technically isn't the sole security measure, just an added guard around the borders," Jake explained, making motions with his hands as he spoke. (And still not sitting up.) "And there's several checks and balances in place to make sure there isn't any cases of mistaken identities." Agamemnon, when in normal patrol mode, wasn't set up to attack or kill just anyone that wandered too close, but would approach and challenge any unknowns. Only if they were clearly hostile or monstrous, then the automation would attack. Of course, delving into all of that was generally not recommended, because the intimidation factor of having a dragon challenge strangers goes down significantly when it's well-known that it isn't actually designed to attack you if you were acting shady. 

Damian then questioned the safety of the training sessions. 
"That," Jake said, "Took forever to get the bugs out." Several long sessions with Kris and Wes, and a few other experienced campers, with him supervising to make sure that the friend-foe system stayed straight in spars, and that any potentially fatal blows were pulled before actually hitting at anything near a fatal level. And any serious injuries immediately halted the training protocols.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down