Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well This Should Be Fun. (open)

4 posters

Go down

Well This Should Be Fun. (open) Empty Well This Should Be Fun. (open)

Post  Marita Black Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Alex walked up to the climbing wall right as a wave of lava came tumbling down one side of the wall. She cracked her neck and fingers, then studied the wall. It looked more tricky today then normal. The lava wave was also a little faster than normal too. "Well this should be fun." she said with an air of bravado around her. Sliding off her leather jacket and tying her hair up in a bun she approached the wall. One of the other kids handed her a harness which she strapped on.
"On belay" she said.
"Climb when you're ready" the camper responded.
She started up the wall letting her legs do most of the work and using her hands to decide her course. She was already ten feet up before twenty seconds had passed. She was approaching a difficult section of the wall. The handholds came in and out of the wall so she had to judge which ones would be the most reliable. Using her legs to boost herself higher up she took a risk and jumped up to grab a handhold. One of her hands grabbed it and the other missed. She yelped as she started to fall, but her reflexes kicked in and she was able to grab another handhold. She started rushing up. Jumping and taking risks. She was almost to the top when she say another camper, equally skilled climbing along side of her. She was not about to lose to them.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Drachmae : 253

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hermes
Items :

Back to top Go down

Well This Should Be Fun. (open) Empty Re: Well This Should Be Fun. (open)

Post  iamHelena Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:38 am

Helena brushed off the snow from her sneakers before looking up the climbing wall. She had nothing to do today and she had never been on this side of the Camp yet. She used to climb before coming to Camp Half Blood almost 2 months ago. She climbed trees, though, instead of a walls. She thought this would be very different considering that the wall poured out lava. She took a deep breath before gripping on the first handle bars without checking if the straps were secured.

She started to climb and was surprised how high she went in a matter of less than a minute time. She saw a blond girl climbing ahead of her. She tried to climb faster so she could see the other camper. She reached the other girl and said, "Hey. This wall's easy, right?" She smirked and didn't slow down. They're almost at the end of the wall and she wanted to know how good the other girl was in climbing.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Drachmae : 346

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

http://wattpad.com/imbethqui

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 am

((sorry it took so long to respond, I've been swamped with homework))
The other camper was a red-headed girl. "Hey this wall's easy, right?" she said with a bit of a challenge in her voice as she continued fast paced up the wall.
Finally!Alex thought. "Aw yeah they set the wall easy." she replied matching her pace to the girl along side her. Just then a tremble shook through the wall almost shaking Alex off. She cussed and clung to the wall. The other girl seemed to be having the same annoyance at the wall as well. A trickle of lava started down it was going to be followed by a wave soon enough it was time they got to the top.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:36 am

"Aw yeah they set the wall easy." Helena heard the other girl replied. She smiled and continued to climb to the top. She didn't want to be toasted by the wall's lava. She heard newbies were usually the victims of this wall. Must be careful.

The wall shook and she almost slipped. Good thing she had her right hand securely holding on to one hand hold. She climbed faster to avoid being victimized by the wall. Lava started to flow and she was just a few steps away from the top.

Helena finally reached the top and fell on her back out of exhaustion. She let her breathing return to normal pace then she sat up. She removed the straps on her body and checked if her clothes were hit by lava. She then remembered the other girl she was climbing with a while ago. She checked around to see if the girl made it on time.

iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Alex saw the other girl almost at the top and was ultra determined to get to the top. She was climbing basically at the same rate. Distracted by the other girl only two handholds from the top Alex took a risk. She was also two handholds away but the lava was almost on them. She lunged upwards right as a spew of lava came down and burned both arms.
"AAAAAHHHH!" She screamed. She swung herself to the top, she was half a second behind the other girl. "THAT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN!" She yelled at the lava and her arms. Thankfully the burns weren't overly severe but if she didn't get something cold on it soon she was going to pass out because of the pain. "Guess it was a little bit trickier than I realized" she muttered to herself trying to separate her mind from the pain. "People really do get toasted, hmph?"
((this is re-edited btw))

Last edited by Marita Black on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 pm

((Just as a tip Marita, try not to RP other people's characters. You say that Helena "rushed over to your character, obviously concerned," but in reality, that may not be how their character would respond to the situation. So keep in mind to only write your own character's actions! :-))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:37 pm

((thanks, I didn't even realize that I did that when I wrote it. I'll try to watch out for that in the future. And sorry Helena if that was contrary to what your character would do. Feel free to switch that if you want your character to do something different.))
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:17 am

OOC: Maybe you can edit your last post, Marita. Helena's not the rushing-to-another-person type, you'll love what she's going to do. lol
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:08 am

((Ok I re-edited it, sorry about that.))
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:24 am

Helena heard the other girl screamed and a few seconds later, she appeared on top of the wall. She had her arms burned and she was checking the degree of the damage. "You made it.", she said to the girl. "Others got worse. Yours will just take a couple of days, the least. I don't know if they are setting the wall to be trickier so the Apollo kids will have something to do. Infirmary's that way." She pointed towards the direction of The Infirmary. She held out her hand to help the girl up. She didn't knew the girl. Maybe a newbie, she thought.

OOC: Yay! My 100th post! : )
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:36 am

Accepting the other girl hand up, Alex mumbled a response. "No, I'm not a newbie. I've been here over a year, I just make it a habit to blend in and not be overly noticed" Alex looked down at her arms, "I'm glad that they're not as bad as they could have been." She made her way over to the edge of the wall careful not to let her arms touch anything. She got into a position to slide back down. "Well umm... thanks I guess. It was fun climbing with you." She shrugged a bit than winced "See ya around. Oh and by the way my name is Alex daughter of Hermes." As Alex slid down the wall using the ropes thoughts rushed through her mind. They were all quickly drowned out by the pain in her arms. She reached the ground and took off on a sprint towards the infirmary. Hopefully there wouldn't be too many people in there so she could get her arms looked at pretty quickly. "Well that was fun" she muttered sarcastically.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:51 pm

[Hey, just thought I'd note that "Maybe a newbie" was in Helena's thoughts and not spoken aloud, so Alex wouldn't have heard and responded to that. Though, if you still wanted to clear things up for Helena, one way could be that Alex explains that she knows where the infirmary is, or just casually mentions it when she introduces herself, as a few suggestions. Smile]
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:06 am

i agree. i don't know how to respond to this, but you can just edit it a little and i'll continue.

Heya Cat! i love the new profile pic! <3
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:23 pm

[Heh, thanks. xD]
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down