Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A quiet night (Lily)

Go down

A quiet night (Lily) Empty A quiet night (Lily)

Post  Axel The Bunny Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:02 pm

(im going to go ahead and make this a after summer topic. possibly winter idk for sure.)
Axel stood on the dock of the Lake. the night was cold but he wasnt bothered. after all he was wearing his jacket. he couldnt believe how quiet this place was now. curfew was in an hour, Axel was getting bored though. he would jump into the Lake, except he knew he couldnt swim.  his mother had drowned when he was young. which was what caused him to go into foster care. if he so much as tripped and fell into this water,  he would most likely drown. Axel sat at the edge of the docks. and stared out at the water.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

A quiet night (Lily) Empty Re: A quiet night (Lily)

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Usually Lily would be in her cabin by now. She was a strict rule-abider at most times, especially curfew. She didn't think getting eaten by harpies were the best way to end a summer. Nevertheless, she snuck out quietly to the lake. She was feeling a little uneasy these days. She didn't know why. She just did. So here she was, quietly trotting towards the lake in her nightclothes barefoot. Lily figured she'd just look up at the moonlight for a little then get back inside.
But unlike other days, she wasn't alone.
She walked over to the figure.
"Hi?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Axel looked up when he heard a voice. a voice he knew from somewhere. Axel turned around, and saw a blond hared girl standing on the shore. she was a cute girl, And Axel had met her before, but he didnt know her well. he remembered her name was Lily, she was the daughter of Poseiden. "hey, didnt peg you as the staying up lat type."
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:25 pm

"Couldn't sleep,"Lily replied calmly, walking over. It as the Hermes guy from that day at the forge. Axel, was it?
"Sometimes i sleep quite soundly and sometimes I don't get a wink of sleep. Depends on how sane I am," the daughter of Poseidon smiled softly. Did he know about her unstableness? Hopefully. It was awkward to explain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:31 pm

"with the stuff we see and know, its amazing any of us can sleep, right?" Axel knew there was a story behind her not sleeping well, a story behind her implying that she was mentally unstable, but he didnt need to hear it, not if she didnt want to tell it. "whatever happened, you dont need to explain it to me, not if you dont want to anyway." Axel knew what it was like to feel like he couldnt really talk to anyone about something. it was how he felt when his mother died.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:35 pm

"I'll tell you as bluntly as I can if you want,"Lily offered, voice getting slightly thinner. "We should all know about each other as much as possible," a sad smile came from the blonde teenager.
"So that when peril strikes, you'll have a friend to help you cope with the pain,"

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:12 am

"your lily right, a daughter of Poseiden? we met before, in the armory. you can tell me however you like it or not at all really. we all are burdened by our past in some way right. some of us more than others." as Axel said this he continued to remember about his own past.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:15 am

"Yeah. I remember when we met,"Lily said quietly.
"It really depends on you.....most of the camp knows what happened,"her voice dropped to a mutter, eyes beginning to cloud. She shook her head and looked at Axel.
"You choose. Do you want to know about it? Well you will someday.......apparently my story is quite juicy to not pass on," the tiniest of smiles formed again on her lips.

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:30 am

Axel stood up, "i guess i would rather hear it from you, rather than some gossiping Aphrodite girl. i prefer to hear the true version of a story." Axel started paying more attention, of course his eyes looked at the girl, cataloguing anything valuable in her possession. he couldnt help that, it wasnt something he could simply turn on and off. but he restrained himself, not really in the mood to be his usual antagonistic self. he didnt feel the need to hide behind sarcastic comments like he usually did. he felt he had made enough people want to hate him already.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:43 am

True version? More like the dramatic version, Lily thought as she recalled the memory presented to her nearly every other day in a flashback.
"'Bout five years ago,"Lily began softly. She didn't like repeating it too many times. The last one whom she'd explained it to had left her lying on the cold hard ground just like any other cheeky, cold hearted boy.
"It was before I came here,"duh. Like would it have happened before?
"My parents....they discovered that I had ADHD. They sent me to this special school," she paused. How was she going to explain Paul to him?

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Axel listened, when she mentioned ADHD he wasnt surprised, it was something they all had. Chiron had said that it was their combat reflexes, their ability to fight, which made sense. "ADHD, that sounds familiar" Axel commented under his breath. but other than that he stayed silent. he could tell that something was bothering Lily, perhaps something to due with the past she was telling him about. he couldnt tell what it was.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Lily looked out to the lake quietly. It was quite calm. And beautiful.
"I met a guy there. His name was Paul.Paul Fletcher," her voice broke at the full mention of his name. Even now, she wasn't over him.
"We were......good friends. We did everything together. Of course I had my friends and he had his. But we were always seemingly together." Her voice stumbled slightly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Axel picked up on the subtext, as well as how she reacted when talking about him. the way her voice broke when talking about him, it was obvious they were closer than she had mentioned but he couldnt blame her for that. it would be hard to talk about. "its ok i get it, im sorry for making you explain this. sometimes i think demigods like us are destined for tragedy, the best we can do is avoid it and look at the good in our lives."
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:51 pm

"No, it's alright. We should know everything there is about each other while we have time, right?" Lily smiled weakly.
Even now, she could remember him. His boisterous yet beautiful laughter. He way his eyes would sparkle when they sang together.
The touch of his hands when he'd taught her how to play guitar. Everything about him was still preserved. She remembered so much, yet so little about him.
And it hurt her.
"Like, we had a pretty nice life together," she blurted out. She didn't want to get into a flashback. Not when there was less than an hour left until curfew.
But then again, she'd probably end up in her cabin somehow. Hopefully. Then the whole camp would be reminded of her imcompetence.......again.
"It happened only a few months before summer started. We had this after-school class for guitar. The class was finished, and well....I forgot to bring my pencilcase from the classroom, so naturally we went to get it,"
She hated that pencilcase.

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 pm

"And a monster attacked you im guessing? you honestly can't blame yourself for that." Axel felt bad for this girl. it seemed to him that she still blamed herself for what had happened to this boy. He couldn't imagine losing somebody close to him like that, because of something stupid like a pencil case. but at the same time he remembered losing his mother. "i know what its like...to lose somebody i mean"
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:27 am

"It wanted both of us," her voice was grave. Lifeless, even.
"But mainly me. Apparently, both of us were demigods," She hadn't known his parent until they'd buried him.
A son of Apollo. She could still remember the flash of the monster's claw striking down to deliver her deathblow. The split second when the navy blue material of Paul's shirt was all she could see, only to see crimson blood stain it. The glimmer of Paul's knife as she threw it at the monster. She still kept it. It was in her bedside drawer, the blood of the monster long since washed off and back in its shape of a Swiss Army knife.
"Halfway through the fight, he took his knife out and started to fight it. But I stumbled and fell down. Just before it could kill it, he-"
Not now. Just for a few moments. You can take me as long as you'd like. But please let me finish this.
Her consciousness and the insanity fought as she blinked her eyes repeatedly.
"Well, you know the rest, right?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:32 am

Axel could tell that Lily was troubled by these memories. more than he had ever been, normally he just hid behind a wall of sarcasm and his own rather careless nature. not much got through that, especially emotions, he usually just tried to deal with a problem head on, or antagonize the other person into attacking him or going away. but there was something about this girl that was rather disarming, maybe it was that openness, she didnt try to hide her vulnerabilities. it was a rare thing to see, and something Axel found admirable. He then saw there was conflict in her face, as if she was having a mental battle with herself. "we should probably walk back to our cabins now, but maybe Ill see you around. so friends?"

(you want the kiss to happen in this thread or in a future thread, im not sure how fast we should develop their romantic relationship.)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:51 am

((We need to give them a lot of time so that they can know about each other, and then somehow start to realize their love for each other. Not all romances are love-at-first-sight xD))
"Sure," her mind won, temporarily, and Lily pulled herself back to the ground.
"Are you free tomorrow? I'd like it if I could know more about you,"she suggested softly, hoping the boy wouldn't be offended.
"Of course, you don't need to," she added quickly.
"Just.....you know. Anything you want," well, she was really the one that needed someone to talk to. Life seemed lonely with all of her friends off at schools. Estelle had stocked her up with books, but one couldn't live off of imagination.
((I mean, even the love between Marius and Cosette in Les Miserables took weeks to develop, but the movie producers had them fall in love at one sight xP It's an unrealistic cilche, in most cases.))

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:18 am

"I didn't have any plans, except dodging a few people who may have 'lost' some things" Axel was rather bored lately, with many of the campers at school, he didnt have much left to steal at the moment. the camp was becoming a boring place to live. Axel also figured that hanging out with a child of the big three could be interesting, and he was avoiding some particularly notorious Ares kids whom he may have angered. "So sure maybe we could sneak off into the city, I'm kinda going crazy seeing the same people and going to the same places all the time, I need a change of scenery. That is, if your up to it of course."

(yea that's what i was thinking i just wanted a second opinion on it.)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:52 pm

"Um......well...."Lily stammered slightly. Out of camp?That would be her first outing in about........four years or so.
"I think that's a little too much. Maybe at the woods? Or maybe here? It's your choice.....just don't make it that far," she added a little nervously. Was Lily scared of the big, wide, world outside? Of course. Why do you think she turned down the offer to go to a boarding school?
Everything would remind her of.....him.
She reached behind her locks and brought out the camp necklace. On it, were four beads and a mood ring. A cheap one, probably, but it meant the world to her.
"I'm not very.......ready to get out yet....." she said, eyes clouding as she looked down at the mood ring, which showed a shade of navy blue.

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:06 am

"you gonna let something like the past hold you back? life isnt about what we did in the past, its about living in the moment." Axel could see that the girl was tormented by her memories, but he believed the only way to get over them was for her to take control of her own life. he watched the girl examine her necklace, the beads that symbolize each year, and a mood ring? it looked like something that you could get at any store for cheap, but it probably held some sentimental value for her. his reasons weren't entirely selfless though,he was going crazy staying in the camp. he had never stayed in one place for so long but he needed to get out, if only to see that the mortal world was still there, and maybe steal a little of course.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:14 am

"I know......"The insanity seemed to be winning this time. Lily stared at the ring as it rapidly turned into black.
"That's what everyone says. That's what he'd say," she sounded weak. Like a kicked puppy.
"But it's not as easy as it seems," she looked up at Axel, eyes almost out of its twinkling blue, clouded thickly.
"You of all people would know that," she said, voice dropping. She needed to get to the cabin soon. Cuddle up in bed a little early and maybe mess around with a magazine or two. She'd probably get a flashback first, but did it really matter now?
"Sentiment. It's something I have to fix,"

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:28 am

(i really want them to sneak out, maybe get attacked by a monster too after they talk and hang out and stuff of course)
"you know hiding in camp is never going to fix your problems. I wont force you to go out, but remember this, the past is the past, its easier to leave it behind. you will never know if you can handle something unless you try, and you wont be alone." Axel remembered his first monster fight. when that hellhound had killed his friend, who had turned out to be a satyr. he hadnt gone out since that time. but he was reminded of that fight by the scar on his face, a mark he saw every day. Axel wasn't completely sure if it would be a good idea for him to go out, but he was ready to deal with that memory, as well as those of his mother.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:42 am

"I know...." her words quivered slightly. She stared at the black ring for some more time, her eyes losing color rapidly.
"But how do I know if it's time? I can't afford to make mistakes again, Axel," a breeze chilled her legs a little, and messed up her hair. She really should have braided it.
"He gave his life to preserve mine. I can't just go running out to lose it,"

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:38 am

Axel understood Lily's hesitation to go out, but at the same time he knew that if he stayed in this camp that long, even though he didnt know exactly how long she had been hiding out in this camp. "you also cant waste it sitting in camp, what's the point of surviving if you cant live your life."
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down