Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some much needed practice.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some much needed practice. - Page 2 Empty Re: Some much needed practice.

Post  Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Jay casually skateboarded into the Archery range, bow slung. He wasn't exactly the biggest fan of archery, but would have to give it a try eventually. 'Hi there.' He said to the group of people.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:43 am

'Mmm. I don't think that'll work for me, though,' Estelle shook her head. 'The Apollo kids are having a hard time trying to get to my inner archery skills.' she shrugged. 'Apparently it's buried a little deep.' she waved at Jay. 'Hey, Jay.'
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Jake frowned as two other people joined them. And now everyone was here. He gave a polite nod to both of them. There was no way he was shooting now...

"Well with the crossbow, it's mostly point and shoot, like a gun. No excessive time learning to get every muscle in the right spot." Jake explained. He tested the pulley once more, then put away his wrench and set the bow on the table. "It's also more cost-effective than a gun."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Estelle pursed her lips, then shrugged. 'I'll ask the Apollo kids about it,' she flashed a smile. 'Funny thing, I can shoot darts, though.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Jake tilted his head at Estelle. "Really? Do you just throw them?" He couldn't manage throwing anything accurately beyond a yard or two.

He shifted his position to lean against one of the tables more comfortably. He decided to acknowledge that other people were in the range as well. "So, what brings you all out here so early?" He asked everyone present. He tried not to make it sound too gruff, but he had expected to be alone...
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Estelle shrugged. 'The Apollo kids made me,' she said simply, shooting a bow. It went off far away from the target. She looked at the fallen arrow, then decided she would retrieve it later.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 pm

((Just for clarification, Daquiri is by a table a little farther off from the others, so she can't really hear their conversation well.))

When Daquiri looked back over her shoulder at Estelle and the blond boy, she frowned to see that there were now two more people in the range. Great.
  She recognized Syl and Jay, two of the campers she'd met yesterday. She hadn't really talked to Jay--which was pretty socially normal for her, anyway--but she had associated a bit more with the brunette girl. Even though she'd had a rather sweet disposition, Daquiri didn't really feel like associating with anyone right now. The blond boy had been an exception--she'd never been one to turn down an insult, afterall.
  As she stared at the bow in her hands, however, a strange feeling started to grow inside of her.
  She was holding a bow. As in, a real bow, for shooting. And killing. Something she'd done to quite a few monsters in her life time, of course, but...at a camp? Was she starting to believe in all this bullcrap they were feeding her? Had she hit her head a little too hard when fighting those vampire-wannabe girls?
  Angry with herself, Daquiri swore in French under her breath. Stupid monsters. Stupid camp. Stupid kids with their Greek obsessions. Why was she here? To learn freaking archery? She certainly wasn't a fan.
  Just to prove her point, she picked up a fletched arrow and notched the stupid thing into the bow she was holding. She was so irritated, she spat an order at the arrow as she sent it flying: "Aller enfer!" Go to Hell!
  And to her great surprise, the arrow disappeared in a puff of black smoke. For the first time in her life, the red-head was speechless.

((I feel all smart, cuz I know how to write French grammar xD))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:09 am

(Just to make things clear, since Hell here is referring to the place, it gets a pass. I have to do my Admin job sometimes.)

Jake was still watching the practice range while he leaned against a back table. He probably still had a hard face from the back and forth with the new girl. She was in his peripherals as he spoke with Estelle. He couldn't help but glance over when she drew back her bow. Not because he was hoping she'd miss terribly after making fun of him, really. At any rate, he saw her arrow apparently disintegrate in a puff of black smoke.
He let out a loud swear.

Jake had straightened up in surprise. After he recovered he tilted his head to the side as he stared. He then addressed the shooter.
"What did you just do?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 am

Estelle shook her head. 'Jay, do you have anything to do with this?' she asked, raising an eyebrow. After all, he was a son of Hades. And it could have gone to hell.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:54 am

Whipping around at the sound of a voice that sounded as surprised as she felt, Daquiri almost swore again when she saw that everyone had seen what had just happened. Well, at least that meant she wasn't going crazy.
  It took her a moment to register that the one who had spoken was the blond boy, and that he'd asked her a question.
  What did she just do? Well, that was a good question.
  She opened her mouth to respond, but she wasn't sure what to say. After all, what had happened? Glancing over at Estelle when she confronted Jay, Daquiri remembered what she had heard him say several times: Jay Kyl, son of Hades. Hades. As in Hell. Was it possible he had...?
  But no. She knew it had been her. She'd felt something in her gut, like a tug pulling inside of her. She felt slightly drained and she dropped the bow back on the table when she realized how heavy it seemed to feel.
  Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and recomposed herself. Then lifting her head in defiance, she went out on a limb.
  "You kids are ridiculous with your magic shows," she snapped, her eyes flashing at the group. She braced a foot behind her so she wouldn't have the urge to sit down in her moment of attempted redemption.

((Nope. She shall not back down. Prepare yourself, Jakey ;-))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:05 pm

(Oh, I missed this post. My bad.)

Jake raised a brow but didn't press for details from anyone. He just gave an amused scoff and leaned back against the table, deciding to play off the moment.

He gave one of his crooked grins. "Magic tricks or not," He gestured to the target. "You still missed."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:20 am

'True,' Estelle said, twirling a lock of hair. 'Technically.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:45 am

Jay frowned. 'No, my dad would kill me if I did. Maybe not if it went to the Fields of Punishment. Won't make any difference there,' he had a hand on his sword hilt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:50 am

Estelle bit her lower lip. 'Oh, whatever,' she muttered as she let fly another arrow. Missing.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:14 am

Daquiri turned her intense blue gaze back onto the blond guy. Her eyes were probably navy now from her anger.
"Unless you thought I was aiming for your head," she deadpanned, "I can't say I missed anything." The red-head's eyes flickered with barely-controlled indignation. These kids were doing just a fabulous job of making her want to stay at their oh-so-special camp.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Jake laughed and held his hands up in a gesture of surrender.
"I'm just saying you missed the target." He said, grinning. "Though, for all we know, you might have hit something. Poor old Cerberus could have an arrow in his butt." He couldn't stifle the giggles he got from the thought of that.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:19 pm

((Haha, I'm trying to figure out how Daquiri can get mad at that...xD They still need to introduce each other o.O How are we planning on turning this into a fight?))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:37 pm

(lol, I don't know. I was just cracking a stupid joke. Eh, we've put off introductions this long, let's just keep stalling. They'll be "That guy" until we start paying attention to minor details like names. XD)
(You can roll your eyes at his stupidity, but other than that, I don't know.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:15 pm

The red-head stared at the giggling boy, decidedly not amused. And this guy was older than her...how? Rolling her eyes, she muttered, "Boys," before turning around to sit down on the bench and assume the position of examining her nail beds. She forced her expression to form into its normal haughty bored look, like she had much better things to do, despite the rather extraordinary event that had just taken place.

Daquiri could feel her normal strength starting to return, but gawd, it sucked keeping a full gun of insults loaded when she wasn't at pique condition. However, this was what she had been doing her entire life: perfecting the art of keeping her cool even when she was well on her way to melting.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Jake calmed down, smiling to himself.

He turned back to Estelle, having a thought back on the other topic.
"I wish we celestial bronze was a more available material. Then guns would be more practical." He said, considering the matter of more efficient ranged weapon. "Right now the only practical option is a flint-lock style."

Jake paused for a long moment.
"That would be rather sweet, actually." He said with a grin. "You could do a gun and sword combo, like a pirate."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2