Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPEN -- the sun goes down, the stars come out

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OPEN -- the sun goes down, the stars come out Empty OPEN -- the sun goes down, the stars come out

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Skipper slipped into the forest, the shadows bouncing off of the trees and masking her like a ninja. Two swords were strapped across her back, making a diagonal "X" mark. More ninja emphasis. Funnily enough, she hadn't intended to look so sneaky. Good. She was in. You would think it would be harder to sneak into a dark forest. But apparantly not. She had suddenly hungered to fight, and that's what she did.

Unfortunately, she saw a silhouette, then a flash of light, heard the crack of a few of her ribs, and fell into the world of no consciousness.
Skipper
Skipper

Drachmae : 865

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

OPEN -- the sun goes down, the stars come out Empty Re: OPEN -- the sun goes down, the stars come out

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Dominic hadn't been looking for a fight. He had been looking for somewhere to practice, but for the first time it wasn't his guitar that he wanted to practice with.
For the last few months Dominic had used a crossbow to fight with. It was an easy weapon with auto-reload and a seemingly infinite amount of shots. It was a good weapon, but sometimes Dominic thought the other Apollo campers looked down on him for using it. After all, it was an easy weapon to use.
He looked down at the bow and sheath of arrows that he held in his hands. He had never used a bow before, but Alexis had told him that children of Apollo were natural skilled with them. He had to try it out, but he didn't want to look stupid in front of the other Apollo campers.
What would they think if he missed? A son of Apollo that can't fire a bow? Unthinkable!
He was about to load his first arrow and try firing at an empty can he had balanced on a tree branch before he saw Skipper sprawled out on the ground unconcious.
'Di Immortalis what's happened to you now?' Dominic swore before crossing over to her, keeping his bow ready in case her attacker was still around.
'Skipper? Can you hear me?' Dominic asked as he shook her.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

OPEN -- the sun goes down, the stars come out Empty Re: OPEN -- the sun goes down, the stars come out

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Skipper woke up screaming "Holy Zeus!" she screamed, realizing that it was Dominic "Oh, gods, please do not EVER scare me like that again." she was practically panting, and she had broken at least three ribs.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Dominic yelped as Skipper woke up with a scream. He stared at her blankly before slapping his forehead.
'I swear, you're like a zombie.' Dominic said before shuffling over to her, 'What happened? Are you hurt?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:01 pm

"No," she said sarcastically "I'm totally fine! I just really need to test out new swords, have a giant cut on my face, and broke three ribs...nothing wrong at all!"
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:06 pm

'Gods I forget how annoying you are sometimes.' Dominic groaned before reaching into the pocket of his jacket and pulling out a vial of silver paste.
'Apply this to the wound. I'll see what I can do about healing it.' He said before pulling out a piece of paper from his pocket.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:11 pm

"Oh, please, don't waste your pretty little healing on me," she said, folding her arms, but then putting them back at her sides "because I'm a mean, annoying prat." she winked, her face flustered in the moonlight, even though it was tinted green anyway.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:46 pm

'Skipper. Shut up. Your hurt.' Dominic muttered and yanked her by the shoulder to shuffle her forward. He opened the vial and tipped silver paste onto his fingers before reaching up and rubbing them on the cut.
'Gods I miss my healing powers. I'd have this done in seconds.' Dominic said with a groan.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Skipper grumbled "If I'm so annoying, why are you healing me?" she asked skeptically
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:01 pm

'Because you've grown on me.' Dominic replied, 'You irritate me to no end and make me want to rip my hair out, but your also my friend so I guess were stuck with each other.' Dominic muttered before lifting the piece of paper and reading through it.
After losing his contact healing powers Dominic had asked his fellow brothers and sisters about other methods of healing magic. The result had been them showing him the original way of healing people by using medicines and a prayer to Apollo spoken backwards in ancient greek.
'Now do me a favor and shut up for a bit while I read this damn thing.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Skipper looked at him like he was a five-headed rat "Okay?" she said
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 pm

'Di Immortalis you listened to me. Today is the best day ever.' Dominic said before reading from the paper. He struggled with the spelling and hesitated a few times, but eventually the silver paste began to glow and close up the cut on Skippers face.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Skipper looked at him like "what-in-the-name-of-Hades-is-this-kid's-problem" and rolled her eyes.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:36 pm

After a few more words of magic Dominic pocketed the vial and the sheet of paper. He let out a small sigh. The spell had drained him, but not as much as his healing powers would have. It was a nice change.
'Any other injuries?' Dominic asked.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:42 pm

"No," she said, shrugging "So, why're you out here?"
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Dominic lifted the bow and arrows for her to see, 'Never tried using one before. Wanted to test it out.' Dominic said before pausing, 'Go on. Laugh. I know you'll want to.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:51 pm

"Dominic," she said, the name sounding sour on her tongue "you're a child of Apollo, please tell me that you know how to shoot an arrow."
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Dominic was quiet. He looked at the floor as his cheeks burned with embarassment.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:57 pm

"Your life is sad, and it's partially because you have a girlfriend and run around with Fred, Alexis and I," she said, taking the bow from him "here's what you do, just pull back and let go, and if you're lucky and wind works with you well, you can hit trees." she shot one, which hit a tree bullseye, and gave it back to him "There," she said "you try."
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Dominic watched Skipper carefully as she fired the arrow from the bow and struck the bullseye. He took the bow and arrow from her and slowly aimed it before staring down the target. With a gulp, he let the arrow fly.
It soared through the air before hitting the target, right next to Skippers arrow.
'I got it.' Dominic said with a shocked voice.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:07 pm

"Natural abilites," commented Skipper "or maybe it's just the fact that you were taught by someone truly amazing."
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:31 pm

'I got it!' Dominic said with a laugh before turning to Skipper and pulling her into a hug without thinking. He squeezed her tight and spun her round, 'Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Skipper pushed him back in disgust "Verbal thanks is enough," she recoiled "and never touch me again if you like being able to use your arms."
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:17 pm

'Sorry. Just happy that I don't suck.' Dominic said and beamed at Skipper, 'Thank you Skipper.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:23 pm

"You're welcome," she said, her voice hard. "So, what's next on Dangerous Activities 101 With Skipper and Dominic?" she asked, cooking up the title and purposely putting her name first.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next