Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright Idea (Destiny)

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bright Idea (Destiny) - Page 3 Empty Re: Bright Idea (Destiny)

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

He sighed heavily and looked at his feet. He squirmed sheepishly on the spot before slowly raising his gaze to hers.
'I don't know my old man. At all.' He said, 'I know. Its a problem virtually everyone has. Gods are busy, they don't have time for kids, but still...I get angry at him. For everything.'
'Like how he left me to fight off monsters by myself. Like how he didn't do anything to save Mom from the creatures that burned down our house. I've always resented him for it.' Dominic growled and turned before kicking one of the beach chairs over.
'I hate him! I hate him so much! He's never even sent me a birthday card and now he's giving me sandwiches and beach chairs and he thinks thats enough to make up for everything?!' Dominic shouted and continued to stomp on the beach chair until it was nothing but splinters.
He stepped back, panting heavily.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Destiny jumped up as Dominic started to destroy the chair. After it was done, she stood in disbelief.
He was so calm before. How did bringing up his dad change that?
Destiny thought she could see the emotions steaming from him. He looked so angry. She felt so bad, but she didn't know what to do. So, she did what she does best. She opened her mouth and started to talk.
"I'm so sorry, Dominic. I didn't know... Your mum? That's.. that's terrible! I'm so sorry... Your dad... He just can't interfere with everything, you know? It's those damn gods who make the rules. I'll bet he did love your mum. I'll bet he did love you, but he just couldn't do anything about it. Zeus... He's really strict you know. Look, I'm sure he didn't mean anything about not talking to you... It's not as if gods can just pop into the mortal world, abandon their duties, and have lunch with their kids. I'm not trying to defend him, but do try to see it from his perspective before you go and destroy things. You could get hurt from that!" She pointed to the remains of the chair.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Drachmae : 679

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: {Grimm}: Erebus {Reveur}: Hypnos
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:54 pm

'Destiny its ok.' Dominic said calmly. He had stopped panting and the red flash of anger in his face seemed to fade.
'Truth is that I don't think I'm that angry at him,' Dominic muttered, 'I'm just using these cliche reasons as an excuse and I've been doing it for a while now.'
He took the ruined pieces of the beach chair and threw them to one side before putting his guitar down onto the sandy ground. He sat down next to it and careful propped the instrument up in the sand.
'Kydoimos.' Dominic said softly as he looked over the shiny electric guitar, 'Its named after the god of battle noise. Its name means; the din of battle....its the first present my Dad ever got me.' He said before frowning.
'Pops has always looked out for me. He gave me the guitar to defend myself, he sent a griffon after me to drag me back to camp before I got killed, he gave me healing powers to help me and my friends and sometimes in the heat of battle I know he's there, watching me and keeping me safe.'
'What I'm really angry at Destiny, is myself,' Dominic groaned befroe burying his head in his hands, 'I'm being a selfish little brat because I want more from my Dad. I want to talk to him and have him acknowledge me in person, but deep down I know I don't really need any of that, because I know what he thinks of me.'
Dominic looked round at the destroyed beach chair and shook his head, 'And I go and show how mature I am by wrecking up his presents and yelling about how much I hate him.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Destiny plopped down next to him. She put an arm around him, hoping it'll comfort him, and she feared rejection from him.
"Dominic," she said gently and softly, "don't hate on yourself. Nothing good ever comes out of hating on yourself. It only makes you transfer blame more. I'm no one to give a lecture, so I'm not even going to try. Just know that, well, things could be a lot worse. You could be part of the... other army. I'm sure your dad knows your frustration.
"You know, it's not every day you get to rant to someone. Just be glad you don't kill someone while you are," she laughed weakly. "Sorry. Lame attempt at making things lighter." She cleared her throat awkwardly and drew her arm back, "Sorry about that as well."
Looking off over the water, Destiny let her mind wander as she said a bit non-focused, "The real world is for those without imagination." She knew it was lame, but it was the first thing that popped into her head. "Maturity is for those who can fight an over-grown snake and not fall to pieces."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Dominic felt himself go stiff when Destiny put her arm around his shoulders. She was warm, surprisingly warm for someone who pretty much believed they were the cause of everything bad in the world.
He listened to her whilst staring at the ground before him, trying to focus on her words rather than the squirming sensation in his stomach.
When she finished making awkward jokes and filling the silence with her words of wisdom Dominic licked his dry lips, but murmuring something softly.
'You don't need to apologise.' He said. He hoped he wasn't blushing. He never liked blushing.
'You're right. The old man probably knows how I'm feeling, but still doesn't stop it being a damn awkward father son relationship.' Dominic said with an awkward chuckle. Now it was his turn to try and fill the void with awkward jokes.
'So...' Dominic's voice trailed off, 'Twinkie?' He asked before wiggling the box of cream filled snacks in front of her.
Now he was pretty sure that he was blushing.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Destiny laughed and said, "Sure, why not?" She took a twinkie from the boy and started to slowly eat it. "How can people stand these things? They're so... unhealthy!" She finished it off quickly, wanting to get it done with.
"Speaking of unhealthy, that little job we just pulled... Do you think we could get kicked out of camp for that?"
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 pm

'Kicked out of Camp, nah. Made to run a giant marathon in full greek armor? Probably.' Dominic replied before biting into a twinkie, savoring the unhealthy sugar taste.
'Don't worry. We'll tell them the truth. I kidnapped you and made you row us to this deserted island like the monster I am' Dominic said with a grin, 'You get off the hook and I get made to train like an olymp[ic champion.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Destiny laughed, "Oh, no, Mr. Moss! Telling people you kidnapped me would mean me admitting you beat me! There is no way I'm going to let that happen! We can train together. I'm thinking I'll do Hurdles if I make it into the OIympics. I think I'll have enough training to do so, once we find our way back to camp."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 pm

'You want to be punished with me? Destiny you're insane' Dominic chuckled before reaching into the cooler and taking out two cans of coke, 'And it sounds like a lot of fun. Just like all of this has been.' Dominic said before handing Destiny one of the cans, 'To being trouble makers and a terrible influence.' Dominic said with a smile and raised his can of coke in celebration.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Destiny laughed and raised hers as well.
"To new friends and near-death adventures," She replied and drank a bit. She couldn't help but smile as she admired the guy across from her. He was so nice and kind, yet so hurt. She realized she'd been staring a bit and looked away with a deep blush.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Dominic drank and smiled to himself. He knew that trouble was waiting for them and didn't look forward to the creative punishments that Mr D would think up for him, as well as the talking to he would get from Chiron and the other counsellors, but right now he didn't care. It was nice being alone on the deserted island with good food and a good friend for company.
He shifted his guitar into his lap and began to play a random tune on his guitar. He didn't notice Destiny's stare, it was probably a good thing, he would he blushed even more if he had caught her staring at him.
'So why do you avoid junk food?' Dominic asked, trying to fill the silence. He felt a bit silly asking the question. Surely it was obvious why someone would avoid junk.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Destiny smiled, "Well, I find that junk food increases my temper.
"Only joking. There's actually a story behind it. When I was young, my step siblings would always ask for candy. It was always candy and sweets with them. It would always cost my parents a weighty load of money, too. I got sick of it and refused to eat it, forcing my mum and step-dad to buy healthy foods. I guess I was just tired of the costs and the effects of sweets and what nots."
She smiled broader, "Lame, I know, but I don't really like my step-siblings much. It was the best way to get back at them."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:32 am

'Sounds like you were being responsible as well as subtly getting payback,' Dominic said, 'Responsibility is kind of your thing isn't it? You take the burden of Erebus so that you don't hurt others and you keep your emotions in check so that you don't let them out. You're someone to admire you know that?' Dominic said before leaning back on the sand, cursing as a bit of broken chair pricked him.
'Me? I just get people into trouble constantly,' Dominic said with a sigh, 'What a pair we make.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Destiny laughed, "Yep! Opposites, we are, you and me!"
She thought about what he had said for a while. She supposed that she must like responsibility if she did do what she does. Murmuring a bit, she said, "admirable? Me? I don't know about that, Mr. Moss. An admirable person is generally a good person over all. I'm just... well, I'm just me."
She did blush though, and oh, did she want to just die right there. She hated blushing in front of people, especially people she liked, because it made her seem weaker and girlier.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm

'Well, just you, is a good person which I like,' Dominic said before turning to her and grinning broadly, his smile shined as bright as the sun itself, 'And Destiny...call me Moss. I like that better than Mr Moss. That makes me feel old.' He chuckled.
As he gazed at her he noticed the light red color that brushed her cheeks. At first he wasn't sure if he was seeing what he was seeing, Destiny hadn't seemed the type to blush. It made her look.....cute.
Scarlet crossed over Dominic's cheeks as the thought rang through his head. He turned away and stuffed a twinkie into his mouth to keep himself from blurting out anything stupid.
It had only just dawned on him how scandalous the whole thing would seem. Two young demigods of oppsite gender stranded on an island alone? The other campers would have a field day with it.
'Er...so...Iris message...' Dominic mumbled before getting to his feet, 'How about I go make the call and you chow down on a load of unhealthy junk while I'm gone?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Destiny laughed, "You got it, Moss."
She smiled and thought about how they'd gotten here. They had fought a monster, were now alone on an island, and he was so very cute... Her eyes widened and she sat up straight as Dominic started talking.
When she spoke, her voice was a little panicky, "Oh, yes! You might want to get right on that!"
Her father would murder her if he ever found out she left camp to be alone with a boy, no matter what she said. At this point, thinking of her future death sentence, she gave up on her healthy habits and downed a coke.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Dominic cursed in ancient greek with every step he took. He couldn't believe it, they were stuck on an island and no one apart from his old man knew they were there. They had nothing but junk food to survive on and if the Iris message didn't work then they would probably be stranded forever, yet all Dominic could think about, all that occupied his mind and clouded his thoughts, was that Destiny was..pretty.
'Dis Immortalis you met her a few hours ago don't start getting flustered over nothing.' Dominic cursed under his breath as he walked along the beach. He could see a small thin water fall running off one side of the great rock walls that boxed them into the valley.
He took a gold dracma from his pocket (luckily his dad had been kind enough to leave a coin in the cooler) and tossed it in the air before flipping it into the spray of the waterfall.
'Camp Half Blood,' Dominic began 'Give me Chiron or Mr D or Wes. Make it snappy if you do-'
Dominic didn't finish his sentence, for at that moment a fist camp flying through the water and smacked Dominic across the jaw sending him tumbling into the sand.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Destiny sat thinking about what's going to happen when they get back to camp. She looked around and thought, "If I'm going to be killed when I get back, might as well enjoy this while I can!" She sipped more soda as she looked around and took in the beauty of it all.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Dominic sprung to his feet. His vision was blurred and his head was spinning, but the fist had hit him with the force of a baseball bat. He didn't have time to lie down when someone punched him with that amount of force.
He stared at the waterfall whilst thumbling for his guitar. Something stepped out from under the water. A large hulking humanoid figure with one big round eye.
'Oh great,' Dominic muttered as he clutched his head, 'You lot.'
'We've come for you SOn of Apollo.' The cyclops growled as it stepped out from the waters and cracked its knuckles, 'Our revenge will be at hand.'
'Good to know. I mean you've only been chasing me for three freaking months its not as if that would be silly or anything considering I have no idea what you're talking about.' Dominic growled before striking the guitar string.
Before his fingers could let off a proper sound wave a pebble struck him in the chest with the force of a shotgun shell. It lifted him off his feet again and sent him sprawling back.
Dominic gazed at the waterfall and groaned as four more Cyclops stepped out from behind the waters.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Destiny looked around, wondering what was taking Dominic so long. She muttered, "He probably got lost or hurt or something."
Walking in the general direction he went, she saw him. Him and 5 very Hulk-like looking beasties.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Dominic looked over his shoulder at Destiny and groaned again before pointing to their new foes.
'Remember how this deserted island looked deserted?' Dominic asked, 'Turns out that wasn't true.' Dominic said before flipping onto his feet.
'Why do you keep chasing me? Cyclops are supposed to be friendly aren't they?' Dominic asked whilst readying his guitar for another strike.
A big fat cyclops with mangled hair scoffed at Dominic's comment, 'Stupid hal blood. Not all Cyclops bow before Poseidon. We are our own masters and we never forget our grudges!'
'What grudge? What the heck have I done to you?' Dominic shouted.
'Not you,' Another Cyclops growled, a mean looking beast with a tattoo of a shark on his bald head, 'Your dad. Eons ago he killed our bretheren. Slayed them with his golden arrows because we made the tools which killed his son.'
'Oh,' Dominic mumbled, 'I'm sorry?'
'We've never forgotten the sin half blood! We will have our revenge! Asd will all the creatures your father has wronged!' The tattooed Cyclops belowed before hurling a huge rock at Dominic.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Destiny frowned as she turned her scythe to it's full size, "That doesn't seem very fair, punishing a kid for their parents' mistake! If I was punished for all the things Erebus did..." She trailed off and shivered.
Seeing the rock being thrown, she ran forward and tackled Dominic to the ground before jumping up and holding out a hand, "Come on then Moss. We've not got all day! Another adventure." She grinned broadly.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Dominic yelped as he was tackled to the ground, but as Destiny grinned at him he couldn't help but smile right back.
'You've got it Grimm. Lets show them a thing or two.' He said before jumping to his feet once more, turning in mid air and releasing a volley of bolts as his guitar morphed into a crossbow.
The first volley hit a cyclops square in the chest. It blinked dumbly before letting out a roar of outrage and disintergrating to nothing but dust.
The other four Cyclops let out a war cry before charging towards them, barehanded and stupid, but still deadly.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Destiny smirked, "Brilliant, Moss. You've got them pissed off! Right, you take those two, I'll take these two!" She spun off to the side to distract two of the cyclopses. It worked.
"Come on, then!" She yelled and spun to sink her scythe into one of them. It frowned at her and blew away in a burst of dust. She didn't see the one that had snuck up behind her, though.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Three bolts sprouted from the Cyclops neck. The monster yelped before bursting into a cloud of dust as a final bolt pierced its skull.
Dominic stood with his crossbow in front of him, adopting a pose worthy of James Bond before blowing on the end of his crossbow. He smiled at Destiny before turning on the spot and kicking a cloud of sand into the face of a Cyclops that tried to sneak up on him.
It howled in rage before letting out a whine as Dominic's cross bow sent a few more bolts piercing through its chest.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next