Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright Idea (Destiny)

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bright Idea (Destiny) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bright Idea (Destiny)

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:08 am

Destiny grabbed the side of the boat as they shot to the side. She grinned and stood up. Thrusting her scythe high in the air, she looked to the water. It looked as if hundreds of mini leeches were swimming towards the sea dweller. As she watched, they gathered at the base of the monster, making it look like the serpent had a black circle around it.
Furious, it lunged at the boat again.
"Dom! The boat!" She yelled.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Drachmae : 679

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: {Grimm}: Erebus {Reveur}: Hypnos
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:55 pm

'I got it I got it!' Dominic yelled over the roars of the serpent. He strummed at the strings again and sent the boat flying out of the way.
This time it wasn't as graceful as the last attempt. The boat rocked violently and began to capsize. Dominic let out a yell and threw himself to one side in an attempt to right the boat.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:24 pm

In the rock, Destiny flipped out of the boat. She surfaced, moments later, with shadows pushing her up from the water. She grinned, tossing her wet hair over her shoulder, and watched as the shadows pushed their way into the serpents body. Realization hit her.
"Dominic! You might want to take cover!" She yelled. Her eyes, flooding over in black, saw the world in black white, and gray scale, mainly like an x-ray you see at the doctor's office. The shadows gathered at the serpents throat area and burst out. Her eyes turned normal as the blood and meat shot from the monster where the shadows exploded from the body. Destiny dove into the water, near the boat, as the rain of blood started.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Dominic didn't need telling twice. He didn't care if the serpent would turn into dust after it was slain. He didn't want monster guts all over him.
He took one last look at the monster before diving into the water head first.
He resurfaced a moment later and watched as what remained of the beast crashed into the water, sending white foam soaring into the air above and covering Dominic with a large wave.
'Destin! You alive?!' Dominic called out whilst fighting the current.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:55 pm

She resurfaced and gasped for air, "Dominic?" She heard his cries and looked around for him, spotting him, and started swimming towards him. "I'm alive! I'm okay!" She called as she swam and pushed through the blood and water mix. She almost gagged as a chunk of some internal organ whacked her in the face. She was bloody, dirty, and smelled like fish.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Dominic gagged as he swam through the muck to meet her. There was blood in his hair and the taste of sea weed in his mouth, but he was alive and that was what mattered.
'That was probably the most epic thing I've done since I got to camp, and I once killed a giant metal bull.' Dominic laughed as he treaded the waters. He looked around for their boat and felt relived to see it wasn't too far away.
'Come on, lets get back before another shows up.' Dominic said before motioning for her to follow him.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Destiny laughed and swam to the boat to meet him. She saw her arms as flashes of red and shivered. Making it to the boat, she pulled herself in and lay in the bottom laughing.
"Some day, I'm going to look back on this and think I was the stupidest child ever. Right now, I'm finding this funny as anything!" She laughed.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Dominic climbed in and lay down next to her. He joined in with her laughter. He didn't care that the smell of sea serpent was still in the air or that he had been painted different shades of red from its insides, all that mattered was that his friend was happy.
'I tell ya. I'm not going to forget that for a long time. And not just because my clothes will stink for months.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Destiny laughed a bit harder, "If my mum were here, she'd burn my clothes instead of washing them!" Her face grew sad and her laughter died out, "But my mum isn't here. She never will be because she can't stand me anymore. Her and my dad had a good thing going until she got knocked up, and he had to leave. He's the good memory. I'm the painful reminder..." She trailed off and wiped her eyes, ignoring the dried blood on her hands.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 pm

'Sounds to me like your mum didn't appreciate what she had.' Dominic said, 'An intelligent, kind and fun girl who can blow up sea serpents while riding rowing boats at impossible speeds.' He looked towards her and tried to give her a smile despite the horrid odor in the air.
'You're a good person Destiny, don't let your moms foolish decisions bring you down. You don't owe anything to anyone but yourself.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Destiny couldn't help but laugh, "Thanks, Moss! Means a lot..." She tried to summon a smile, but she almost gagged, "Okay, yeah, let's get out of here, eh? It's not the ideal place for a heart to heart."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:55 pm

'Now that is a good idea.' Dominic said and got up from the floor of the boat and looked round at their surroundings.
'Oh no' Dominic cursed as he looked around frantically at the open water.
'Destiny, I think we drifted a little too far out to sea.' Dominic began.
He couldn't see anything around them aside from water. No islands, no boats, not even the odd magical sea creature. All that surrounded them was water and nothing else.
'Destiny we're lost.' Dominic spoke softly.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Destiny groaned, "Oh! Brilliant! First we cause a ruckus, then we kill some terrible, over grown snake, and now we're lost at sea! How do you suppose we get back?"
She sighed and rubbed her head, "I'm sorry. The fumes are getting to me. I can't think straight. Didn't mean to snap..."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:17 pm

'Its fine. Its my fault we're lost anyway.' Dominic said misserably. He looked up to the sky; the sun was still high and beaming down upon them. It was no wonder the sea serpent smelled so bad when it practically being cooked in the sun.
'Its like I said. I'm always getting someone into trouble.' Dominic said with a sigh before rummaging through his pockets. He didn't have much on him aside from his guitar, a few bits of candy and the deck of playing cards. He cursed that he didn't have any greek drachma on him. It wouldn't be too difficult to make a Iris message with all the water surrounding them.
'Ok...my first idea; I play my guitar and send us shooting across the waves until we hit something.' Dominic suggested.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:26 pm

"Brilliant idea, Mr. Moss. What if that thing happens to be, i dunno, the cause of our death?' Destiny asked it but sighed, "I've got no ideas, so go ahead." She checked her pockets as well. A deck of cards, a stone, and a pencil.
"Say, Dominic, thanks for taking me out here. I mean, the blood, smell, and getting lost sucked, mind you, but it's fun over all." She smiled brightly.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Dominic couldn't help but laugh a little.
'I'm glad you're having fun.' He said before raising his guitar and turning in the direction of the horizon, 'I promise I'll get us out of this.'
He raised his fingers to the heavens before he strummed the strings violently. He was once again thrown back into the boat as the sound wave launched the boat across the sea.
Dominic shut his eyes tight as water sprayed over them. He was chanting something under his breath which he hoped that Destiny couldn't hear over the sound of the waves.
'Help me Dad. Praise to Apollo. Help me out. Come on give me a hand old man.' He whispered as the boat flew across the waves.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Destiny gripped the boat tightly, curse words escaping her mouth. She was expecting it this time, but it still took her by surprise. She was letting out the longest, steady, stream of four letter words, mixed in with some others, that she's had let out in a while.
They skid across the water, and her body ached from where she was hitting the boat.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:54 pm

The boat traveled for what seemed like hours, but probably was no more than a few seconds. Dominic had no idea how far they had traveled, but one thing was for sure, they had gotten somewhere.
The boat lightly bounced off the shore of the rocky beach they had arrived at.

Bright Idea (Destiny) - Page 2 Cliff_side_beach_2_by_tanishavp

'Well...that worked better than I thought it would.' Dominic said as he gazed up at the huge cliffs that towered over the beach they had arrived at. It was a strange island, it seemed as if the beach they lay at had been carved out of the cliff face, making the whole island have the look of a horse shoe.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Destiny stood up, crawling out of the boat, and took of her shoes to feel the sand between her toes. She breathed in the fresh air and then said, "Dominic, where are we? It's beautiful, it is, but where it here?"
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:24 pm

'I have no idea.' Dominic said as he hopped off the boat. He looked out at the beach before them, it was completely empty apart from two beach chairs and a parasol that stood in front of a tent.
Dominic approached the tent cautiously, his guitar gripped in one hand like a club. He walked up to one of the chairs and noticed that there was a piece of paper lying on one of them with his name written at the top of it. Slowly, he took the note and read it.

'Dear Dominic,

Nice job with the sea serpent and getting completely lost at sea. Very rock and roll, wouldn't expect any less from a son of mine. Send out an Iris message and sit tight, theres cans of soda in a cooler next to the chairs and theres snacks in there if you get hungry. See? I'm not such a bad father after all.
Hang tight, don't loose your cool, remember that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes.

With love, Apollo

Dominic froze on the spot. He read the note again and again, trying to figure out whether he had really just read what he thought he had.
'With love.' Dominic said out loud before flipping the note over, expecting to see some sort of catch on the back. It turned out the only catch was that Apollo had used the other side to write down several bad Haikus concerning Dominic and Destiny's journey.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:34 pm

Destiny looked around with an open mouth. Everything was so beautiful! She walked over to where Dominic was, reading a note.
"Hey! What is it?" She asked and regarded the chairs and cooler a bit dubiously.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:34 pm

'G-Gift.' Dominic stuttered before clearing his throat 'Its a gift from my Dad. He says that we should hang here and send out an Iris message. Let the camp know that we're lost.' Dominic explained whilst pocketing the note.
'With love, Apollo' The words echoed in his head. He had never believed that his Dad cared about him. Sure, Apollo had done him an odd favor every now, but Dominic had always thought that it was always done to stop himself feeling guilty. Not because he actually cared about him.
'How about we see what my Old man left us? Hopefully he'll have given us something to cover up the smell of sea serpent.' Dominic said, forcing himself to laugh and smile in an attempt to seem half way normal.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Destiny eyebrows arched, "A gift from your dad? Wow! That's... amazing! It's not dangerous, is it?" Her eyes narrowed. She was suspicious of any gift from a parent. Her gifts usually included something trying to kill her or something to be used to kill.
"Yeah, let's see it! It should be interesting.. What does a sun god give to a couple of teens?" She asked a bit curious. She was suspicious of his laugh and his smile, both seeming fake, but she didn't press the matter.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:33 pm

'Good question.' Dominic said before waking over to the cooler and opening it, 'It could be super weapons or magic items or...sandwiches, pepsi, cheetos and every other junk food imaginable.'
Dominic wanted to laugh, the contents were so normal that he could hardly believe a greek god have given them to him, but the note had rattled him too much. He was used to being ignored, having his dad finally show some compassion was strange.
'Split a box of twinkies with you?' Dominic asked as he took a seat on one of the beach chairs. He avoided eye contact with Destiny, he didn't want to give anything away.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Destiny sat down beside him, opening a bottle of water. She said, "I normally take the healthy path, but seeing as we're stuck here, I'll be a rebel. Bet I can eat my half faster than you!" She grinned. She held up a finger though, "I'll split with you on one condition. You look me in the eye and tell me what you're thinking about. Something's got your guitar strings in a knot, and I'm not daft enough to not see that they are, so don't go and try to tell me nothing's wrong."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next