Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Day (Alexis)

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bad Day (Alexis) Empty Bad Day (Alexis)

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Someone in Olympus hated him. As Dominic ran through the forest all he could think was that someone in Olympus hated him. Either that or he had the worst luck in the world.
The camp was supposed to be impregnable. No monster was supposed to be able to get in. It was impossible. So why a large mechanical bull was chasing him with its horns outstretched and its mouth full of fire was beyond a mystery.
He had come into the forest to try and be alone for a moment, a hard task considering most of the things in the forest were alive. Usually he was met with wood nymphs or satyrs who would start badgering him with requests, but this time he was met with a huge mechanical beast.
'Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!' Dominic yelled as he raced through the forest. Dodging trees and bushes, not pausing when stray branches whipped at his arms.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Bad Day (Alexis) Empty Re: Bad Day (Alexis)

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Alexis was sitting in a meadow reading at the time. She got up when she heard the sound of a monster she put her ring on which turn her invisible and pulled her dagger out of her bag.She ran quickly until stopping where the monster was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Dominic tripped over an uprooted root and cursed as he face planted straight into the ground. He felt a wave of heat pass over his head as the mechanical bull passed over him, narrowly avoiding stomping him to paste.
He pushed off the ground and back on to his feet, ignoring the complaints his body was making.
The mechanical bull turned to face him, its horns slicing through trees and branches as it turned leaving burning cuts in the wood. It snorted a cloud of steam as it stared Dominic down. Its hoves scrapping against the floor as it prepared to charge.
'Ok...the giant mechanical bull wants to kill me.' He breathed before pulling off his guitar from his back, 'Well. Unfortunately I'm allergic to dieing.' He said before his eyes narrowed on the bull. Inside his guts squirmed and his mind screamed for him to run, but something kept him glued to the spot.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Alexis took off the ring."Hey . . . "Alexis said softly. She looked at the bull then at him. "Do you have a weapon?"Alexis asked softly. Her eyes were calm and she was usually a very calm person during situations like this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

'Wah!' Dominic yelped in surprise before turning to face her, 'Where on earth did you come from?' He asked, but as the bull stomped the ground with its hooves decided that the question wasn't worth answering right now.
'I got a weapon.' He said and motioned to his guitar, 'Kydoimos, does a good job smacking the heads of cyclops. Haven't had much of a chance to find out if they like my music.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Alexis sighed and looked at him,"Well we have no time or were going to end up being the meal!"Alexis said. Her gray eyes started to get electric stormy. She looked at the bull. She fought it for a while before it grabbed her by the waist and lifted her up. Making her drop her silver dagger to the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Dominic watched the scene in awe. The girl was amazing. She didn't pause, she didn't hesitate, she just ran for the creature. When it grabbed her in his hands Dominic knew that was his cue.
He raced forward and grabbed the silver dagger from the ground. He thrust it into the bulls knee making the creature let out a loud roar before it let go of the girl. It turned to Dominic, glaring down at him with murderous fire in its hollow eyes. The look quickly disappeared when Dominic's guitar swung into its face sending the machine staggering back.
'The dagger hurt him but it didn't go all the way through.' Dominic spoke offering the handle of the dagger to the girl, 'I don't think my guitar did much damage either.' He said with a curse.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Alexis was dropped to the ground. She looked at Dominic when told. and nodded."Well do you have a bow and arrow?"Alexis asked softly taking the dagger."It's not going to sit there very long."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:00 pm

'No, should I?' Dominic asked and as soon as he asked a feel of revulsion surged through him; as if he had just said one of the most horrid things in the world.
The mechanical bull had now regained its footing and was clutching his nose with a growl.
'How about I start playing my guitar really loud and distract it and you can go fetch help?' Dominic suggested and strummed at the guitar strings to give an example. At that moment Dominic let out a yelp of surprise as the guitar suddenly twisted in his hands. The smooth case of the guitar cracking and shifting into a new shape; a large bronze cross bow.
'Ok...thats new.' Dominic spoke before looking at Alexis as if asking for an explanation.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:02 pm

"For the first time I have no idea but aim for his heart."Alexis said as she got up slowly pain in her shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 pm

'Aim for the heart? I've never even used one of these things before.' Dominic exclaimed before letting out a yell as the bull charged. He lifted the crossbow to fire, but before he could get off a shot the bull opened its mouth and let off a stream of fire.
Dominic jumped to the side, knocking Alexis out the way just as the grass was licked at by the flames.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:08 pm

"All Apollo children are in advanced archery just...shoot."Alexis said."Trust Me. Aim and shoot.." Alexis said then looking through her bag and grabbing a rope. She had a feeling she needed this and was coming up with a plan. She roped the bulls leg."Do it."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 pm

'All right, but if I shoot myself in the foot then I'm going to start questioning how wise kids of Athena really are.' Dominic shouted before breathing in deeply. The bull was now staring down at the rope that had looped around one of its hooves, turning its head towards Alexis and letting out a roar of outrage before fire began to build up in its mouth.
Dominic swung his crossbow upwards and aimed at the creatures chest..and in that moment Dominic felt the world freeze around him.
Time seemed to stop as his finger rested on the trigger. For a moment the task that had seemed so impossible a moment ago seemed simple. The weight of the crossbow. The size of the target. The calculations of the speed and velocity of the bolt came to him as easily as remembering a simpple nursery rhyme.
a ball of fire began to climb up the creatures throat, preparing to shoot out at the two of them and burn them to a crisp.
At that moment Dominic pulled the trigger.
The creature's eyes widened as a bolt flew through the air and struck it in the middle of its chest. It stopped building fire and glanced down at the projectile as if confused by what had just happened.
The hesitation was all Dominic needed. With lightning fast speed he pulled at the trigger and watched as four more bolts hit the creature in its chest knocking it back bit by bit. Making it shudder with every hit.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Alexis let go of the rope,the monster back down and fell backwards. Dissolving into a gold dust. Alexis watched,she knew it was possible all Apollo children have powers they don't even recognize themselves.But the truth. They just never use them. Alexis looked at Dominic and got up."Told you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 pm

'Whoa.' Was all Dominic could say. A smile gradually broke out over his face as he looked over the scorched ground where pieces of mechanical bull had once lay.
'Ok. You are definately a child of Athena.' Dominic spoke and turned to her before his brow furrowed, 'You're hurt.' He spoke before pointing to her hip. There was burn mark where the bull had grabbed her.
It was surprising that Dominic noticed it and not paid attention to his own wounds. His arms and face were bleeding from where branches had cut at him and he could feel a painful bruise forming on his leg where the root had bashed into him. Not to mention his hand was burned from when he had tried to pierce the bulls ankle with the dagger.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Alexis looked at him then at her hip."Um... "She noticed it was a 2nd degree burn which meant it was that deep but it was medium size and triggered blood."I'll be fine."Alexis said.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 pm

'Like heck you will be.' Dominic said before motioning for her to follow him, 'Come on lets go to the infirmary. Dang it how do you turn this thing back into a guitar?' Dominic cursed as he looked over his crossbow. He was surprised that he had been able to fire so many shots and not have to reload it. It was as if something inside of hit created new bolts everytime he pressed the trigger. Unfortunately that probably meant he could never change the ammunition.
Slowly he plucked the string of the crossbow and gasped as the shape shifted again, forming back into the shape of his usual guitar.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Alexis looked at the guitar."It's probably a gift from your father you think he doesn't look after you. Well he made that just for you."Alexis said. She started to walk."Your lucky,"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:58 pm

'Always wondered why it didn't shatter when I hit a cyclops with it.' Dominic spoke as he examined the guitar, 'Kydoimos. Thats what I was told it was called when I got claimed. Said it meant 'Din of Battle' He said before looking at her, 'Did your mom give you the power to turn invisible?' He asked before motioning for her to follow him as he began to walk out the forest.

ooc: stepping out for a bit. Should be back within an hour if you're still on Smile
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Alexis nodded slightly then glanced at him."She gave it to me on my birthday."Alexis said then looked straight. She walked with him.

Occ:Probably will I have nothing else to do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:55 pm

'Nice, bet that topped the birthday cake.' He chuckled, 'Thanks for the help by the way.' Dominic spoke as they walked, 'I'm pretty sure I would have been trampled by now if you hadn't helped.'

ooc: I have returned! Muhahaha!
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 pm

"Well that's what I'm here for."Alexis said with a soft smile. Alexis's eyes calmed down. She walked with him. "So where you from. I'm from Seattle. "Alexis said softly then looked at him,trying to break the silence so it didn't feel weird.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:20 pm

'Florida.' He said with a sigh, 'Never been to Seattle. Is it true that everyone's sleepless down there?' He asked before wiping his forehead of sweat. He didn't usually make lame jokes, but after fighting a mechanical bull with someone he had been canoing with once he felt pressured to fill the silence somehow.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Alexis smiled softly."Yeah it really is. All you hear is honking all night and day. And drunk people and people in weird costumes."Alexis said."Like once there was guy dressed up as a giraffe."Alexis added.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 pm

'A giraffe? Now thats weird.' Dominic spoke before they stepped out of the forest into a clearing full of satyrs and wood nymphs.
'Then again I've seen stranger things.' Dominic spoke before they were swamped with concerned satyrs galloping up to them.
'What happened to you two?' A scruffy satyr with ginger hair spoke with alarm.
'We got attacked by a mechanical bull. If anyones looking for one of those tell them we killed it.' Dominic replied with a grunt, finally registering the pain in his burned hand, 'Can someone get us some ambrosia or nectar?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next