Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Camp Dominic Moss

2 posters

Go down

Welcome to the Camp Dominic Moss Empty Welcome to the Camp Dominic Moss

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Dominic was no stranger to violence. In his life he had been involved in more than his fair share of fights. He had knocked out thugs, kicked down muggers and punched out the front teeth of more than a few school bullies. Fighting punks like them was a simple task, but the trouble was that they were only mortal.
As Dominic spat blood onto the muddy ground beneath him, he wished that he was fighting mortals again. A school bully, a thug with a knife even a violent gangster with a gun would be more welcome than the monster that had chased him through New York.
He panted and wheezed before turning to look at the giant figure that now stared down at him with a monsterous grin on its face. A single eye stared down at him maliciously, it was almost surprising how a creature with one eye could put so much evil into a stare.
'Going to munch on your bones half blood.' It spoke as it reached towards him and grabbed at his leg. Dominic let out a cry of pain as he felt the beasts inhuman strength squeeze at his bones.
He thrashed and writhed, trying to break himself from the creatures grasp. He called for help, but knew no one could help him. They were alone in a quiet little forest after all, who on earth would be around to save him?
'I hope you choke on me.' Dominic muttered defiantly as exhaustion crept in. He knew that it hopless. The creature was too strong. He didn't fall when he punched him and he didn't seem to tire like he did. He was alone, drained and had no weapon to fight with except for the luggage he had managed to escape with before the beast attacked him and his family.
The beast brought Dominic up from the ground and with a large cackle opened its horrible mouth, preparing to chomp on him like a snack.
Thunk!
There was a moment of silence before Dominic felt himself fall through the air and land in a heap on the ground. He heard the monster wail in pain and looked over his shoulder to see it jumping on the spot whilst clutching its hand. An arrow stuck from it.
Thunk! Thunk!
Two more arrows sprouted from the creatures shoulders. Dominic had no idea where they were coming from, but he was sure that he was grateful.
He began crawling away, trying to put distance between him and the wounded beast, but the creature noticed and began to stomp towards him.
'No half blood! You are mine!' It bellowed, more arrows sprouted from its chest, but it did not fall.
Dominic felt the ground behind him searching for something to protect himself with, but all he found was luggage. It would have to do.
'All mine half blood!' The creature roared before Dominic swung his bag into its face.
In one smooth motion the bag fell to pieces and for a moment Dominic thought all was lost. Then he noticed what he held in his hand; his electric guitar.
The creature was silent, its eye bulged in its head. The end of the guitar had smacked it hard in the side of its ugly face, smashing its skull. It let out a single choke of pain, before bursting into a cloud of dust.
'Rock and roll.' Dominic muttered before falling to his knees and planting his face into the muddy ground.

Infirmary

When Dominic regained conciousness three things struck him. One was that he was clean, the other was that he was lying in a bed that wasn't his own and the final thing was that he was alive.
'Where?' His voice trailed off. He still couldn't see too well. His vision was blurry and wouldn't focus, but he could hear someone talking. A wise voice that seemed to be instructing someone.
'I need you to take care of him. He's been through quite an ordeal.' The voice spoke, 'When he's ready bring him to me and we'll bring him up to speed.' It said before walking out the infirmary, leaving Dominic to wonder who he had been left with and what was that sound that seemed to resemble the hoves of a horse.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Camp Dominic Moss Empty Re: Welcome to the Camp Dominic Moss

Post  Kristina Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:12 pm

"Yes sir," Kris said to Chiron as he left the room. She sighed and murmured to herself, "Of course I get stuck helping in the infirmary while all the Apollo kids are in archery practice..." She grabbed a wash cloth and dunked into some ice cold water and placed it on the patient's forehead. Kris rubbed her eyes and grabbed a small bowl from the bedside table. She took a spoonful of the pudding-like substance and tentatively fed it to the boy. She hadn't noticed that he had regained consciousness, so she was hoping this would wake him up.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Dominic was silent up to the point where the spoon met his lips. He let out a choke of surprise as the taste of lemon sorbet surged through his mouth, the wonderful sweet and bitter taste tingling his tongue.
'Whasappeninwharama?' He spoke in a strangled choke as the spoon was sucked into his mouth. causing him to cough and splutter as he spat it out.
He was surprised to find his vision clear so rapidly. It was as if it got better as the lemon taste dripped down his throat.
He glanced around the room, only now realising that a girl had been standing by his bed staring at him while he choked on a spoon.
'Er...hello?' Dominic began, but his attention was taken away as he realised something else; he wasn't wounded. He held up his hands before his face and looked over them cluelessly before wiggling his fingers, 'I'm not hurt. Thats weird. How long was I out for?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Kris was startled with he started to choke on the spoon. After a couple seconds of realizing the the kid was awake, she pulled the washcloth from his head and ran a dry towel over his face to dry off his forehead. "Well, I can't tell you exactly how long. You got here a about a day ago completely out. So at least a day I would say." She walked over to a fridge and pulled out a water bottle of nectar. She poured some in a glass while she kept explaining stuff. "All I can tell you is that you got here and you were pretty beat up." She put a lemon slice on the edge of the glass and dropped a straw into the glass well. She walked back to the boys bedside and handed him the glass. "Drink up," she said. "This will help restore your energy."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:55 pm

A day? He had been out for a whole day?
Dominic's groaned and rubbed his forehead. Images of the fight with the monster were coming back. Memories of how it had ambushed him and his family at their hotel in New York. It had mimicked the voice of their room service before storming into their room and tearing the place up when they let him in. It was a miracle they managed to slip out before the creature noticed that all it had killed were the mini bar and a few mints on hotel pillows.
It wasn't exactly the most intelligent monster.
His head started hurting. No, it couldn't have been a monster. It must have been a thug or a bugger. His mind was simply making it seem like he had been attacked by a smelly one eyed giant.
When he was offered the drink he accepted it with a grateful nod.
'What is it a herbal remedy?' He asked and sipped at it before letting out another choke and splutter, 'Pancakes?!' He coughed, 'It tastes like pancakes?' He spluttered before looking round wildly, finally registering that he was in a strange place, with a stranger, in a strange bed holding a strange drink. Everything was strange.
'Where am I? What happened to the one eyed freak?' He asked in alarm.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:48 pm

"Well I don't know what happened to this one-eyed freak you are talking about but I can tell you he is is what the Ancient Greeks called a Cyclops. As for where you are, you are in Camp Half-Blood, a safe place for demi-gods." Kris placed a cold compress to his forehead again. "And you are drinking nectar, the drink of the gods." She was trying not to over-whelm the new kid too much because Chiron would do that at the Big House with the whole orientation nonsense.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:40 pm

'A cyclops?' Dominic began, 'Like in Mythomagic?' He asked, remembering the card and figure game his little brother played with his friends. He began to form an arguement about how everything she had just said was absolutely ridiculous, but then he began to realise that he would be accusing her of lying after being beaten up by a cyclops and fed drinks that tasted of pancakes. It was bizarre, but sometimes the truth was bizarre.
'So...I'm safe?' He asked, glancing at the drink he held in his hand warily. He wanted to relax, but he knew that wasn't going to happen. He was surrounded by strangers in a location that he knew nothing about. There would always be a chance for someone to betray him.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:32 pm

The motherly instinct some girls Kris' age develop started coming out. She placed her hand on his cheek and smiled softly at the boy. "You are very safe." She knew it must have been scary as hell for the kid. She had seen it with most every other kid that came to camp after her. Heck, she could remember the scary feeling she had when she first arrived. Of course she was a lot younger but the fear was all the same. Kris pulled her hand away realizing it was probably awkward for the kid and introduced herself. "I should probably introduce myself. My name is Kristina Dante, everyone calls me Kris though." She smiled brightly at him, hoping he would find her an ally and not be too scared of the camp.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Dominic froze as the girl touched his cheek. He wanted to pull away, she could be dangerous after all, but something inside of him kept him still.
'Moss. Dominic Moss.' He said before pulling away slowly and hauling himself out of bed. He tested his legs, checking them to see if he felt any pain. They seemed to be fine. Strange, he was sure the Cyclops had broken his leg when it had grabbed him. Had the pancake drink and lemo sorbet pudding really worked that well?
'Thank you for helping me.' Dominic spoke softly, 'The lemon stuff and the pancake drink really helped.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm

"nice to meet you." Kris laughed when he named the food. "It's called ambrosia and nectar. It's the foods of the gods. Being a demigod, you eat small amounts and it will heal your injuries but too much can kill you." She hoped that wouldn't scare him. "But yeah, you are fine now. "Well since you are awake, do you think you can stand and walk without help?" She needed to get him to Chiron before he started asking her questions that would be answered in orientation.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 pm

'Well, if I take a step and fall flat on my face then we'll have our answer.' He replied before taking a single step, 'So far so good.' He said and managed to smile before looking around the room for his jacket.
He noticed it hanging off the back of a chair. Proped up against it was his electric guitar; a beautiful black Gibson Les Paul guitar. No doubt a fake, but a good fake none the less. He remembered how it had struck the cyclops in the head but yet still remained in one piece.
Plays a nice tune and kills monsters. Got to love it. He thought to himself before putting on his jacket, hoisting the guitar strap over his shoulder and following Kris out of the infirmary.
He was immediately blown away by the sight of the camp. On his vacation he had walked through central park and seen Madison Square Gardens, but this was a once in a life time view.
The sight of lush green grass, fields of strawberries, the ampitheater, the woods, the cabins, the courts and all the other wonderful sights that made up Camp Half Blood was just too much to take in.
'Ok admit it.' He began before turning to Kris, 'I'm dead aren't I? I'm dead, this is heaven and you're an angel.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 pm

"No, silly. You are in Camp Half-Blood and I am far from an angel." Kris smiled gently at him, giggling a little. That was the first time someone had called her an angel... out loud at least. She looked at the watch on her wrist and gasped at the time. She had missed lunch and her tummy was growling a little but she paid no attention to it.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Dominic was silent as she giggled. He fought the compulsion to laugh, he still couldn't relax. Although the scenery was breath taking, the girl was nice and he didn't seem to be in any immediate danger, he still couldn't bring himself to calm down.
He turned his head sharply as he heard a growl. He reached back for the handle of his guitar while his eyes tried to search for danger. When he realised that the growl had come from Kris's stomach a blush crossed over his cheeks. He had clearly just made a fool of himself.
'Sorry. I'm a bit on edge.' He spoke and chuckled nervously, 'I must be keeping you from things. You can leave me if you want. I'm sure I'll find my way around this place.' He said and managed an awkward smile.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Realizing the Dominic had heard her stomach growl, Kris' cheeks turned pink and she laughed a little more. "It's fine, you can relax though. No one here is going to hurt you and if someone tries... well let's just say they won't. They are too scared of me. But anywho, I am not leaving you alone, I have to take you to Chiron for orientation. It's not that big of a problem"
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:32 pm

She was hungry and he was clearly keeping her from doing anything with her day, yet Kristina Dante was insisting that it wasn't a problem and that no one would hurt him so long as she was about.
Dominic came to a decision; he liked this girl. He breathed in deeply and then with a deep sigh relaxed for the first time that day.
'Lead the way.' He said and smiled warmly at Kris.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Kris was glad to see him relax for once. It made her feel a lot more comfortable and I am sure it calmed him a bit. She pointed to a big house just over yonder. "That's where we are heading, it's called Big House here. You will meet Chiron and get your orientation there. And everything will hopefully answer any questions you have and make sense.... hopefully."

((new topic in Big House?))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:03 pm

'You sound a little doubtful.' Dominic said but didn't let it bother him. He simply followed the woman through camp, trying his best not to freak out from the magical sights as they passed them by.

ooc: Good plan. Just started one up, by the way am I correct in thinking that the gods are still sworn to claim their children immediately?
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:06 pm

((by the age of 13 or upon arrival to camp if I remember correctly))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down