Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laera and Charlie Go To School [Charlie]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Laera and Charlie Go To School [Charlie] - Page 2 Empty Re: Laera and Charlie Go To School [Charlie]

Post  Charlie L Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:08 am

Charlie turned around to see the taller demigod.
"I'm fine." Charlie answered, though some of her irritation had managed to show in her tone. "He's just some bitter old a**hole." Charlie added. Charlie was glad that Laera had shown up. She had to wonder how the miiddle-aged teacher had ended up teaching at a private girl's school anyway. He definitely didn't seem to like the job, she'd picked up on the fact that he seemed to think he was better than his students, she had to roll her eyes at that idea, as if he really knew anything.
Charlie realized she likely wouldn't be able to switch her class, and was probably stuck with Mr. Merrick as a teacher for the year. That thought made the idea of getting kicked out seem appealing. The only reason she didn't was actually right there in the hall with her.
Charlie doubted any real relationship with Laera could happen, the other girl had shown in the past she didn't share the daughter of Aphrodite's preferences. Despite that though Charlie really didn't want to disappoint the other demigod.
"Let's get to class." Charlie said turning away while blushing from her thoughts about the other girl. It seemed that her feelings were getting more difficult to hide, which was unsettling for Charlie since she was used to being able to hide her thoughts and emotions, it was necessary for any halfway decent grifter.
Charlie L
Charlie L

Drachmae : 176

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Laera and Charlie Go To School [Charlie] - Page 2 Empty Re: Laera and Charlie Go To School [Charlie]

Post  Alvin Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:04 am

*timeskip*

Laera and Charlie made their way back to the office to get the daughter of Aphrodite's dorm assignment after all of the day's classes were finished. Laera herself was rooming with Kenna, and it was just the two of them, although there was an extra bed that they usually used to lay out their clothes on (and sometimes they used it as a desk to pile their clutter on, don't judge). Charlie was probably going to be paired up with someone she didn't know yet, or maybe someone already in one of her classes. Laera couldn't recall if anyone in their dorm hall, or any of their classes, had a room to herself, so she didn't know how close or far Charlie would be staying in relation to Laera's dorm. That made her feel a tad unnerved, for whatever reason. Perhaps she wanted to make sure that she was going to be fine, that she would adjust well to going back to school, which she couldn't do if the demigod was on the other side of the dorms or something. But the idea of sharing a room with the girl was also strange. She didn't understand why, considering she was good friends with the shorter demigod, and surely quite comfortable around her. She shrugged it off. It wasn't likely to happen, anyway.

The two girls waited as the secretary looked through the files.
"Ah. Miss Gavin, you'll be rooming in a three-person dorm, Room 312." The secretary looked up and smiled. Laera was relieved, glad that the girl would have not just one, but two people for company, but also worried on her company's behalf. The girl was raised by a con artist, after all. Wait a minute, Room 312? But that was-- "...With Miss Alvin and Miss Calderoth."
... Oh.

Last edited by Alvin on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Alvin
Alvin

Drachmae : 65

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:43 am

Charlie had been a bit apprehensive about the dorms. While she was used to sharing living space, having lived in the Aphrodite cabin with her half-siblings for several years now, the idea of rooming with other girls she was in no way related to, or really know at all was a bit unnerving.  The blonde managed to hide her apprehension however.

She was surprised to learn that she'd be rooming with Laera, and was slightly suspicious about the circumstances before the implication sunk in.
Part of her was excited about the prospect, a small repressed part of the blonde girl to be sure. The rest of her however just felt nervous about the idea, for various reasons.   Her feelings for the other girl and the fact she barely seemed able to hide them were at the forefront. While she knew nothing would happen romantically, the idea of being rejected by Laera, or even losing the friendship of the other girl would hurt more than Charlie was willing to admit. Still with the mortal girl staying in the same room Charlie figured that things would at least not seem as awkward. Still Charlie couldn't help but feel nervous about the situation.

She and Laera walked to the dorm in awkward silence, Charlie being too far out of her comfort zone to say much.  She had never really had to deal with attraction much before she had developed feelings for Laera, aside from physical attraction on some occasions. She pulled her thoughts out of romance and similar subjects to instead think of the situation objectively.
"I guess it's better if we are in the same dorm anyway." Charlie thought aloud, while considering the chance of a monster attack.

While neither girl was very powerful, and thus did not give off that strong of a scent to monsters, the fact that there were two of them would likely mean that they were going to run into trouble eventually.
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:55 am

Laera glanced at the shorter girl when she spoke. She shrugged. "Yeah," she agreed absently.
She wasn't sure why, but she felt a bit of uncertainty. She had been sort of used to just having her and Kenna. Thinking about it, even at camp she had a whole cabin to herself. Sure, the room was supposed to be for three people, but Laera wondered all the same if it would be too crowded. As a girl who had been raised in a mansion, she was used to having room to spare.
They wouldn't get to use the extra bed for themselves anymore, which was unfortunate. She wondered if Kenna knew yet. It also occurred to her that Charlie probably didn't know Kenna was her other roommate, as the mortal girl's surname had not come up in the interactions between the two, as far as she knew. But she wasn't sure, so she didn't bring it up. Not yet.
They arrived at the room. "Here we are," Laera told Charlie. She unlocked and opened the door, then led the way in. "Home sweet home," she muttered dryly.
Alvin
Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:15 am

Charlie walked in the room and raised an eyebrow at the fact her stuff was already there.
Well at least that made things easier, since while she didn't have as much as other Aphrodite kids, specifically when it came to clothes.
Of course Charlie knew that her siblings likely slipped a few things into her own clothes, it wouldn't be the first time she'd found something unnervingly cute in her clothes. It had been worse during the first few years at camp, when several of her siblings had constantly tried to dress her up.

The blonde was a bit surprised at the dorm, mostly because while it likely wasn't as fancy or nice as manny of the rich girls at the school were likely used to, it was still much nicer than what she was used to. Considering she was used to being at camp and while the Aphrodite cabin was nicer inside than say, the Hermes cabin, it still didn't really measure up in comparison.
"I guess I should put my things away." Charlie said, seeing that their other roommate wasn't around. She felt rather nervous still, since she had ended up rooming with Laera.

The daughter of Aphrodite refused the offer to help put her clothing away, mostly because she had no clue what her cabinmates could of put in her bag with them, and the last thing she wanted was Laera to think of her as childish. She had enough trouble being treated her own age normally after all and it would be embarrassing to have Laera see her in possession of any of the clothes that her siblings tried to force her into.
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:17 am

Laera let out a non-committal noise of assent when Charlie said she was going to unpack her stuff, looking away distractedly. She took a step towards her own bed, then paused, realizing she should probably be polite and offer help, but the girl turned her down. So Laera shrugged, and then hopped into her bed. She picked up the book she was reading and flipped to the page with her bookmark. She moved her hand to place the bookmark back on her nightstand, eyes glued to the page.
She suddenly felt like she was forgetting something, and paused in her reading to think about it. Was there... no, surely not. She couldn't think of anything that she had forgotten about, and trying fruitlessly to remember was always way too frustrating, so she put it out of her mind and went back to her book.
Er, she tried to.
Laera's head snapped up at the sound of the dorm room door opening loudly.
"Laera!" Kenna exclaimed. The door slammed shut. "Oh my god. My counselor just told me that Char--" She stopped short, seeing the daughter of Aphrodite in their room. "Oh." Her tone was clipped. "She's already here."
Laera bit her lip. Kenna didn't really seem very excited about this... She glanced between the two. "Yeah," she said, her voice coming out a little strained. She coughed quietly, cursing herself. "Yeah," she repeated. "Isn't it great?" Her own voice sounded pretty uncertain, and Kenna's expression remained unenthusiastic.
"Yeah, great," her best friend said, her voice rather flat.
Laera fidgeted, then looked back down at her book, and up at Charlie.
Alvin
Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:11 am

Charlie rolled her eyes at the mortal girl's attitude but remained quiet. She could tell the girl was less than enthusiastic about her roooming with them, as she had already figured out that the other girl was likely the roommate. Great so now she'd have to deal with two spoiled brats on a daily basis.

Though admittedly she didn't mind it with Laera, there was still only so much the short girl could take without either getting annoyed or losing her temper.

Charlie had already found three articles of clothing that DEFINITELY weren't familiar, nor were they the type of thing she'd normally wear. She'd made sure to put those as far into the closet as possible.

She finished unpacking her clothes before she noticed that Kenna was giving her an annoyed glare. Charlie decided she might as well at least try to patch things up with the other girl since it would likely be too much trouble to leave things as they were.

"I think we got off on the wrong foot before," She started. Kenna looked up at her with suspicion.
"If we're going to be living together we should at least try to get along right?" Charlie asked, faking sincerity. She usually wouldn't care regardless, but considering she'd told Laera she'd try to forgive the other girl the least she could do was try to be civil. Luckily the Daughter of Aphrodite knew how to lie well enough that she had some chance of pulling it off. As well as the fact she didn't NEED to like the other girl to at least fake being civil.
Kenna gave her a sweet smile that the blonde didn't really buy for a minute as being sincere and the next comment pretty much verified that suspicion. "Of course! It'll be, like, so much fun having you here. You're gonna love this room. ...I mean, it's probably the nicest you've ever seen." Charlie didn't miss the implication, but showed no real irritation. "Well I don't know about that, but you're probably much more used to luxury than I am, I mean You probably couldn't function without it." Charlie said.
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:01 am

Laera cringed as she watched the two interact from behind her book, forehead creasing in worry. She'd heard the insult in Kenna's words too--despite the light tone the girl used, there was still an edge, and it was pretty obvious that Kenna had not warmed up to Charlie yet. Detecting snubs in people's words when they were pretending to be nice was like second nature to her at this point.
She at least appreciated that Charlie had made an effort to make amends, whether or not she was being sincere, which Laera wasn't certain about. She tried to keep herself from spending too much time trying to figure it out, like she had a tendency to do; it wasn't like it mattered. Whether or not Charlie actually wanted to be friends with Kenna, she was trying to make peace.
But apparently the shorter girl had recognized the dig as well (not that it surprised Laera; Charlie was even more observant than she was) and threw it right back. Kenna's smile became more visibly forced.
"Well, what can I say," the mortal girl said, voice tight. Her patience seemed to be wearing thin, and her facade dropped a bit. Laera felt an anxious tug in her stomach as her friend gave Charlie a cold smile, her eyes hostile. "We're all born into the life we deserve." She whirled, flicking a few dark curls over her shoulder.
Laera was frozen in her spot, eyes darting between her two friends. This was going horribly wrong. Oh, no. This was not how it was supposed to go. Rather distressed, she gave Charlie a pleading look. She wasn't sure what she wanted the other demigod to do. Apologize? Give Kenna cookies? She didn't know. She just didn't want her two friends to hate each other, and she had no idea how to prevent it.
Feeling lost, she resorted to sticking her nose in her book again, but couldn't get herself focused enough to actually read. How was she supposed to live with the two of them if they were going to be at each other's throats? Off-handedly, she recalled what Charlie said about Kenna being unable to live without luxury, and felt another pull of anxiety. Did she think that way about her, too?
This is going to be a long year.
Alvin
Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:40 pm

Charlie rolled her eyes at the comment from the mortal girl, and was more than ready to continue their banter before catching the look she was receiving from Laera.
Charlie considered ignoring Laera's presence before reluctantly deciding to remove herself from the situation. She wanted to go make some money anyways. Scamming a few idiots seemed much better than hanging around this brat, even if Laera was there.
"I'm going for a walk."
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:31 am

Laera was still staring sightlessly at the pages when Charlie went for the door, deciding to go on a walk. She probably should've been relieved, considering it'd get rid of the tension in the room, but she still felt another tug of anxiety. It had stopped for now, but the fighting between Kenna and Charlie, she knew, was in no way over. "See you," she said, her voice quiet.

After Charlie left, Kenna scoffed. "So glad she's gone," the girl muttered.
Laera felt uncomfortable, but didn't say anything.
"Okay, so I have got the craziest story for you," Kenna continued, completely unaware of her friend's discomfort. "You're just not going to be-lieve this."
Alvin
Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:29 am

*timeskip*
The rest of the day had gone alright, Charlie had mostly been content with avoiding Kenna.
Of course that goal was made extremely hard in her current class, which was one in which Charlie was stuck sitting next to the girl.
The fact Laera wasn't there also didn't help, and Kenna seemed content making snide remarks every so often. Some of which were really beginning to grate on the small blonde.
"So do you think you're ever capable of growing taller than a dwarf?" Kenna asked.
Charlie managed just barely stopped herself from kicking the girl out of habit, since they were in class even if the teacher didn’t seem to care whether or not they were listening. So instead she decided sarcasm was a better response.
"Are you ever capable of not talking for five minutes!!!"
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:32 am

Laera's eyebrows were drawn together in focus as she worked her way through the worksheet her teacher had given her. She was sort of understanding the material, which was good. There were a few things she was sort of iffy about, though. After staring at the next question for a couple of minutes and not understanding even a single word of it, she grumbled quietly in defeat and stood to go ask the teacher for help.
As she waited for the teacher to finish helping another student, her mind automatically tuned her into the nearest conversation. Her classmates Rya and Miriel were gossiping about--wait. She froze, and kept listening. They hadn't named names yet, but they were talking about a new student being an alleged troublemaker. Were they... talking about Charlie?
"No way," said Rya.
"Yes way," insisted Miriel. "Sara's friend's sister's cousin has a friend who helps in the admin building and she heard some teachers talking about how that new girl was some kind of criminal. It's totally legit."
"She's really one of those students?" Rya gasped. "Oh my god. I have to tell Gina."
"I almost talked to her the other day," said Miriel in disgust.
"Oh my god," Rya said suddenly. "I gave her twenty dollars the other day."
"What the heck? Why'd you do that?"
"I don't know. She made me. How did she convince me."
Laera wrinkled her nose. How sad if a measly twenty-dollar-bill seriously meant that much to Rya. She was going to have to tell Kenna about this. What a charity case.
"Wow," Miriel sniffed. "Talk about a snake."
At that, Laera turned to look at the girl, a slightly offended expression on her face. Rude. She caught herself and turned back to her teacher, who was looking at her, the other student long gone. Oops. She hurried forward. "Erm, I don't quite understand this part..."
Alvin
Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2