Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoping to get a good game started (open)

Go down

Hoping to get a good game started (open) Empty Hoping to get a good game started (open)

Post  Marita Black Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Alex walked out on to the court. She bounced her volleyball a couple times and got ready to practice serving. She had just stretched out and was really looking forward to getting a game started. Her first serve went shooting over the net and pounded the ground on the opposite side. She got ten powerful serves over. Looking around she didn't see anybody there yet. She started setting the ball into the air than bumping it and setting it again.
"Let's hope that there will be some people to get a good game started." she grumbled sending another ball through the air. She could get a game of beach volleyball started with 3 more people.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Drachmae : 253

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hermes
Items :

Back to top Go down

Hoping to get a good game started (open) Empty Re: Hoping to get a good game started (open)

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Starving, the boy was walking around like any other day. Looking for some where to rest and maybe eat he walked around. That's when he saw his dear friend holding a ball. He wonder what she was going to do with it.
Walking slowly towards her he shouted out.
"What You doing?"
What ever it was make him curious. He never seen a ball like that. He wondered if she would tell him.

Back to top Go down

Hoping to get a good game started (open) Empty Re: Hoping to get a good game started (open)

Post  Marita Black Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:42 pm

Alex was delighted to have someone finally stop by. And better yet! It was Angello. He was looking at her ball with confusion clearly displayed across his face.
"Haven't you ever seen a volleyball before?" she asked. "It's a game that's played by passing a ball back and forth over a net and not letting it touch the ground." She grinned, it was going to be fun to explain this game to someone. Volleyball was one of her all time favorites right up there with parkour and martial arts.
"To keep it from touching the ground you can hit it many different ways," she continued. "You can bump it." she explained demonstrating a bump. "Or you can set it," she said, again demonstrating a set. "And you can spike it." She said setting the ball up into the air jumping up and slammed the ball, hard. It went sailing over the net and hit the sand on the other side with a solid THUMP. She grinned. "Would you like to try bumping it back and forth with me?" she asked him, hoping that it wouldn't sound to complicated to him.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:38 pm

The boy was now more confused more than ever. All he could tell was that she was hitting this ball for fun....
"Are you telling me your hitting this ball for fun??? That's...wow just wow."
Then she offered to hit it with her. If it was hitting a ball he saw no problem with it. He liked hitting things around and even more so if it was at people.
"I'll hit the ball with you. he said pulling out his scythe. "Throw it an I'll give it all I got."
He Said pulling his scythe back. He waited for the throw so that he could hit it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:42 pm

"You really don't play many sports do you?" she raised her eyebrows cocking her head to the side a bit. "Yeah you hit the ball, but you have to hit it lightly enough that it doesn't skyrocket and hard enough that it can make it over the net." He had put his scythe out of the way so Alex was hopeful that this would turn into an actual game and not a game of 'pop the volleyball with a scythe' "So to bump the ball you have to bend you knees a bit and hold your arms out in front of you with your hands clasped. Than all you have to do is rise upwards while hitting the ball with the inner sides of your forearms." She bumped it to Angelo. She didn't expect him to get it right on the first try. To do it correctly first try was pretty rare.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:42 pm

The ball bump towards the boy. He was confused so, throwing the scythe to the side, he kick the ball over the net. It flew a very short distance until it bomb the ground just a bit before the out line.
"Like that...? Did I do it right?" the boy said looking at her for confirmation.
He had never even heard of this game and there for though that it was over complicated. He hated it but, if it was to talk with Maria. he was alright with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:47 pm

"Ummmmm" Alex responded. "Not exactly, you need to hit it with your arms," she picked it up and bumped it again "You need to hit it like this." She bumped it into the air a couple of times.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 02, 2014 7:36 am

The boy felt like he was catching on. Mimicking what she was doing, the boy started to do the same thing with out the ball. She kept hitting it up in the air so he kept at it to. With the palms in butterfly position, he continued at it until he got it into muscle memory. Then looking back at her he ready himself for the next attempt.
"I'm ready, I think...?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Fri May 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Alex saw the boy copying her. His form was mirroring hers almost perfectly.
"Your arms look great but you need to bend your legs a bit more." She demonstrated that bumped the ball over to him. He was catching on pretty quick, she thought.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2014 5:51 pm

The boy saw the ball coming back. "Bend your legs alittle bit more." Following alone he bent down and jump back. Coming in fast he palm the ball back into the air towards the otherside...well at least he aimed for the ball to go back. It seem that fate had other plans. The ball launch side ways nearly hitting himself in the face. After it landed he picked it up and throw it back over.
"It the ball again, I think I'm getting close now." he shouted out.
He still felt silly and the hold stinging with the palms made him want to punch something. For any matter he always wanted punch something when he felt lost. Looking over he started to settle down and copy again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Tue May 06, 2014 10:44 pm

The ball went flying into the air nearly missing his face and fell back down to the ground way to far out of Alex's reach for her to dive and get it. The boy was already going to pick it up. He muttered something about it being the ball. Worried that he would get discouraged she quickly tried to reassure him. "Hey, that was a good attempt. Volleyball is hard. Don't give up." hoping that he wouldn't give up too soon she practiced the stance leaving one foot slightly in front of the other bending her knees and extending her arms in front of her. She picked up the ball that had fallen again and started bumping it to allow Angelo to mimic her movements. She passed the ball through the air for him to bump. But a cold wind blew the ball to far to the side for him to get. She wondered if he was still going to try to get it.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Thew boy scratched his head and then looked back. After setting up a start he hit the ball with little force. He manage to hit it over the net and to her. Happy about his first hit he jump into the air. A smile blasted it way to the top and he felt some what accomplished about it.
"I didn't it! Did you see!? I did it!"
He was happy and his mood couldn't be better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sat May 17, 2014 1:57 pm

The ball sailed over the net right into Alex's arms.
"I did it!" he exclaimed his grin lighting up his entire face. "Great job Angelo!" she exclaimed back. It was fun to see someone get so excited about volleyball for once. "But let's see if you can do it again." she continued bumping the ball back over.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 am

The ball flow back and there was nothing more troubling than this. It came fast and he boy dashed to hit the ball...well he tried and got smacked hard in the face by the ball. The ball didn't hut but, his pride was shattered.
"I don't want to do this anymore. I don't like missing the ball and getting smacked in the face. Can I just watch you do this and hardcore stare at you."
The boy felt down but, he didn't want her to see. Smiling and making a quick joke, he hope she wouldn't get down. The sun was hot in this afternoon. Looking back...he asked.
"How was your family, like your mortal family?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Mon May 19, 2014 4:26 pm

"hey, volleyball is hard, don't let it get you down." she said, hoping to keep him from becoming too disappointed. "You can watch me some, but you should try again in a bit, practice makes perfect." She bounced the ball on her arms but than his last comment made Alex freeze. The ball dropped to the dirt, and she stumbled. She quickly picked up the ball and stood straight up. She fingered a thread that was peaking out on the ball. "They died."
Normally Alex didn't talk to people about her life before she came to camp. Most people didn't realize she had been living on the streets for around four years before even coming to camp. Little kids weren't supposed to have to be left alone like that. Her grandmother had died when she was too little to remember. Her mom had been an only kid, and her Grandad had died when she was little too. Alex didn't want to explain that she had been very alone for a long time. There were a few people in her cabin that she had told a little bit too, and the Athena kids had seemed to realize that she didn't want to talk about it. But standing there she decided to explain a bit to Angelo. It was a big step but she tried to act like it was no big deal. "My mom died in a fire that was partially my fault a couple years ago. A Phoenix attacked me and she was in the way. That leather jacket that I usually wear," she said pointing to the deep red leather jacket on the grass by the court, "Is my spoil of war from killing it. I wear it as a reminder. Anyways, I never had any full siblings, aunts and uncles, or anything like that." She started bumping that ball into the air again. Her usual scowl back on her face.
"Can I ask what happened to your family, if you don't want to talk about it, I understand." she asked him.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:15 am

The boy look and even though she put little effort into it. He knew it was not pretty...he been there to. His past was demented now that he had heard some of the other stories going around.
"can't say I remember everything that happened to me. Other than my name...name..."
His name, he started to thing how he got it in the first place. The years of training in the frozen tundra. The times spent with his...brother? Mother? There was a lot and the more he though about it the more his memories started to disappear. There was something important missing.
"As far as I can remember I was raised in the tundra up in Canada. Can't remember how I got there but, been training there ever since I was small. I have a small family...? Maybe just my mom and kid brother. We trained for ever. Eat, sleep, train...that's all."
There where to many blank pages in his mind. Graving his head as the pain of thinking to hard started to pound at his mind. He focus to clean everything and come down. He could feel his heart speeding up and when ever that happen his other side would come out. The demon from within that tormented him in his dreams. Little by little he started to lose himself then he boy just stop all together. A moment passed and he looked back with his jet black eyes.
"Through the darkness..." The blood red eclipsing highlighted his body. "Through the light..."
Just before the conciseness faded awake the boy kicked back.
Turning back to normal all the signs of a awakening halted. He looked back at her.
"I don't remember much about my past...I don't like talking about it ether. Just don't tell anybody about this..." The day was still on but, cool chills filled the young boys body. He wanted to do something else. Standing up he walked over again.
"Let's do these volleyball thing again. I want to try something out."
Only fun could hid the lost soul.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down