Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missed (Destiny)

2 posters

Go down

Missed (Destiny) Empty Missed (Destiny)

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Dominic knocked on the door of the Erebus cabin uneasily and swallowed a lump of nervous jitters that had formed in the back of his throat.

He shouldnt have been nervous. Talking to his girlfriend should have been the easiest thing in the world, but Dominic couldn't pretend that his behaviour over the year had not made things difficult.

It had been because of his foolish mistakes that he had landed himself in such trouble and it had been his fault that he had hurt Destiny by disappearing for months, only to appear again with a whole heap of problems under his belt.

It especially did not help that he had changed since she had seen him last. Months of monster fighting had left him battle scarred and damaged, adjusting to normality had proven to be a challenge tougher than any labour the gods could have given him.

He couldn't imagine the effect that the nightmare he had put her through had had on her, which was why he was so determined to make amends with the simplest of gestures.

The door opened, and as it swung open Dominic pushed the bouquet of flowers he had hidden behind his back into Destiny's face.

"Happy Valentines day," Dominic mumbled sheepishly "And merry Christmas, happy birthday and happy new year...basically, happy-every-holiday-I-missed-because-I'm-a-jerk-day"
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Missed (Destiny) Empty Re: Missed (Destiny)

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:53 am

The last thing Destiny Grimm had expected when she opened the door was flowers. The daughter of darkness wasn't exactly the most liked nor likable person in the world, and flowers were a gesture that she was rarely shown. The voice behind the beautiful bouquet, however, explained it all.

Destiny was clad in her usual black attire: A black v-neck shirt, black shorts, and black shoes. Her long black hair was tied up in a bun, and her violet eyes were really the only colour on her pale skin. Her smile, however, shined bright against her darkness as she wrapped her slender digits around the stems of the flowers.

"They're beautiful, Dom, thank you!" She gasped with a grin. Stepped back, she motioned for him to enter her cabin. It was a simple cabin made of black, obsidian stone. Colder than it should be, the interior was mostly black and dark grey with spots of white here and there. It wouldn't be the first time Dom had been in her cabin with her, but it would be the first since he had come back. There wasn't much change within the building.

"I didn't get you anything for me being a sucky girlfriend. Sorry," she apologised. Her smile didn't falter, however, and she was extremely elated he had gone through the trouble of getting her the flowers. He wasn't a jerk. Far from it.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Drachmae : 679

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: {Grimm}: Erebus {Reveur}: Hypnos
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:16 am

"You don't have to apologise, the fact that you're still talking to me despite how I went AWOL for several months proves you're the best girlfriend ever," Dominic replied as he stepped into the cabin.

Given that he was the son of the God of the Sun, Dominic should have been repulsed by the abundance of dark colours that decorated the cabin. Children of light were supposed to be inherently opposed to darkness, buy Dominic was unlike his siblings. In fact, he found the darkness oddly comforting.

"It's good to see the place hasn't changed," Dominic spoke as he looked about the cabin. "So much has changed since I've been gone, I don't think I would have been able to handle it if your place was suddenly luminous pink," Dominic said with a chuckle, whilst sheepishly scratching at his shoulder.

The Greek number that had been branded into his skin still itched, despite his best efforts to complete the labours that had been given to him. He knew that he was far from completing them and he had much to do, but part of Dominic still wished that his all powerful family would give him a break and stop the number from irritating him all the time.

His thoughts were interrupted as somthing suddenly struck him. A realisation that made Dominic gaze at Destiny awkwardly for just a moment.

"Something just hit me..." Dominic spoke as he gazed at her. "We're being...relationship-y."

It took a moment for Dominic to realise that what he said had not been clear in the slightest and demanded an explanation, "I mean, this is the first time since I've been back that you and I have... you know... acted like we were... back then, before I went nuts and messed everything up."
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sat May 10, 2014 9:14 am

"Is that a bad thing?" came her whisper. She raised her violet eyes to glance at him, tucking a bit of her fringe from her face. She was oping to distract herself from everything that had been going on with a lovely chat. However, it seemed that lovely chats were never all that easy between the two of them.

Destiny cleared her throat, biting her lip, and sat on the edge of her bed, eyes cast back to the floor. When was the last time she had actually been relationship-y? The last was surely before Dom disappeared. He was the only one she ever let get close enough to do so. Her voice was soft as she added, "I mean, obviously it's not bad but... I mean.. Is it.. weird? Like, should we not?"

A growl left her as she flopped back on the bed, laying so that her knees were bent on the edge of the bed, feet dangling. "I don't know what I'm trying to say," she admitted. "I think I'm just.. flustered. This is all just.. so weird to me, you know? It's kinda like starting over again.. but not really." Before she could confuse herself, and Dominic, any more, Destiny decided to just shut up, peering at her boyfriend again.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:24 pm

"I know what you mean," Dominic side and flopped down next to her. He stared at the ceiling above with a frown on his face. "I get told all the time that being a demigod isn't easy. Which is pretty stupid, because I know it's not easy. You don't walk away from getting almost bitten in half and think that your life is easy."

He tilted his head a little to look at Destiny. "But the thing is...doing this type of thing, you know, relationships, friendships, having fun, being normal... it's hard to come back to after everything that has happened. When your life is on the line all you think about is the fight. Your only concern is victory. And then, when its over, suddenly that's not important any more. Suddenly the most important thing is doing homework or remembering a birthday or getting enough fruit and vegetables in your diet."

"It feels...crazy," Dominic muttered and let out a long heavy sigh. "But I know it's not supposed to be. I know that I have to deal with it, but I know I'm out of practice. I mean, I haven't even kissed you since I got back and I really want to, but-"

Dominic paused and cringed. His cheeks turned red with embarrassment. "-but, I'm out of practice. So I can't get the romantic timing right at all. I just blurt out that I'm dying to kiss you. Because I'm loser."
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:37 pm

Destiny remembered when she worried about homework and prom and tests. She hated it. Hearing him talk about it that way made it all the easier.

"You are not a loser, Dominic Moss," she said softly as she rolled over. She lay partially on him, her chin resting on his chest, as she looked up at him. Her head moved as she spoke, "you are far from it, really."

A mischievous gleam came to her eye as she added, "I bet you forgot my birthday, too." Her hands moved to rest beneath her chin as well, as she said, "That's all right, though. You were probably fighting for your life on the day. And you being here now..."

Destiny trailed off. She had to stop talking before her voice would fault. Instead, she bit her bottom lip tightly. Her eyes were quickly flooding, and she refused to be caught crying. Taking a breath, her voice slightly trembled as she finished her thought.

"You being here with me now is the best gift I could ever ask for."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:47 pm

The move was swift. Hearing those words leave her mouth was the push her needed. With just the slightest tilt of his head and softest touch of his hand, Dominic leaned forward, cupped Destiny's cheek and kissed her on the lips.

The world became silent. Months had gone by without the feel of her kiss and now, as he looked back on the madness, he wondered how he had ever survived without it. Her lips were soft and sweet and nothing could ever make him feel better than having them pressed to his own.

Seconds passed and Dominic pulled back. He was quiet and did not look at Destiny for a moment.

"...I love you Destiny," he spoke softly. Whispering the words that were well over due.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 pm

Destiny was stunned. His kiss was electrifying, and she had forgotten how nice it was to feel his lips against her own. She had missed his body against hers, his hand against hers, his heart against hers...

She was still recovering from the kiss when his words ran fire through her veins. How long had it been, and she was hearing those words for the first time? How much had they gone through together? How much happiness spread through her by those simple 3 words?

"I-I love you, too, Dominic Moss," she whispered to him truthfully.

Her mind was mush. Here she was, sat in bed with the guy she honestly, truly loved, after... well, it had to be years! But he was alive. She was alive. And he loved her. That was all that mattered.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:51 am

Dominic turned his head. His gaze met Destiny's and for the first time in months, he smiled with warm happiness. He did not say anything, he just leaned back down and kissed her lips again, wrapping his arms around her body and pulling her closer to him.

She had said it. After a hellish period of seemingly endless battles, always living in fear that he might die and not get to tell her how he felt, Dominic had told her that he loved her and she had said it back.

Nothing could ruin it. The labours meant nothing. The stress of a demigods life was nothing. He was in love with Destiny and Destiny loved him. That was something. That was all that mattered.

He pulled back and ended the long kiss. He stroked her cheek with his thumb and stared down into those gemstone eyes of hers.

"I promise. I will never leave you again," Dominic spoke softly. "Whatever happens... I will always come back for you."
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down