Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of Those Monumental Meetings

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

One of Those Monumental Meetings - Page 4 Empty Re: One of Those Monumental Meetings

Post  Cerulaen Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:42 am

Crossing her arms over her chest, Daquiri let out an obnoxiously impatient huff as Jake rummaged through all the weapons in the back of his truck. What, did he have an entire armory in there? Why wasn't any of it magically transformed to be equipped on him? It would've saved them a rather despicably cold--and complaint-filled, on her part--run back to Jake's truck.

The red-head raised a brow as Jake took special care pulling out a spear. But not just any spear--no, a normal-sized spear wouldn't suffice at all. They clearly needed an towering 8-foot tall one. After all, what said "I'm ready to kill a big-a** boar" more than a weapon that stood a whole three feet taller than her? Nothing, obviously.

"Hold this," Jake told her, handing back the spear behind him as he continued to search for the weapons he was looking for. Daquiri watched with disinterest as it toppled over unattended, clattering loudly to the pavement. She looked back up at Jake. 
   "You could say please."

Any appreciation for her rather riveting witty comments were thrown out the window, however, as a completely ear-splitting squeal ripped through the air. And then a rather... unexpected sound.

"Someone get those mortals h*lla outta the way!"

If through some utterly unlikely chance that the piggy squeal didn't make Daquiri look, the familiar voice did. "Kylie?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

One of Those Monumental Meetings - Page 4 Empty Re: One of Those Monumental Meetings

Post  GeneralArin Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:56 am

(Lol, I just noticed your comment on Jake's lack of illogical transformations.)

Jake straightened up a bit as he heard his spear fall. He looked back over his shoulder, stopping what he was doing to give Ri a look. He had worked hard on that spear-- don't just drop it into the snow! He was about to say something about it, when there was a loud squeal. Then he heard a familiar voice.

"Good. We could use the help." Jake said simply, finishing pulling out the compound bow from the tool box. He reassembled it with practiced ease and tightened the string. He didn't know how well Ri could shoot, so he left it at a moderate draw strength.
He climbed back out of the truck. "Here, you've been practicing archery, right?"

He was going to pick up his spear when he saw his dog, looking at him. When their eyes met Thor wagged his tail hopefully. Jake frowned. Thor gave a small whine. Jake sighed.
"Fine, you can come. Just be careful."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:04 am

"I don't know if Kylie would consider you someone worth 'helping,'" Daquiri muttered to herself, glancing over at the daugher of Iris. She returned her attention when she heard Jake climbing down from his truck, then ask her a question. Taking the bow from his hands, she inspected it, fixing the draw strength to accommodate her more. Since it was a normal-sized bow, it was rather large for her in general, but she'd learned to fight with non-specially-customized weapons for situations like this. Testing the weight of the string, she nocked an arrow and aimed for a random car tire some 20 feet away and released. It flew true, puncturing the rubber and freeing the pressurized air out into the atmosphere. The red-head shrugged. "Does that tell you anything?" she asked Jake.

She rolled her eyes at his dog's whining. "Oh sure, let the dog come," she grumbled. Seriously, she was pretty sure she was competing for Jake's affections with a canine. Which was beyond depressingly pathetic.

Trying to push her irritation away, she turned back to the problem at hand, bow slung over her shoulder. "If there's no more behemoth weapons you'd like to dish out, we should probably go let Kylie know we're not stupid mortals."
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:49 am

Jake shot her a glare for shooting out someone's tire. A 'yes' would have been fine. Adding yet another mark for collateral damage was completely uncalled for.

He scooped up the spear and left Thor's leash on the ground, where it'd be easier for both of them to manage. Ri commented they should get going.
"You mean we're not?" He said wryly, giving her a lopsided smile. "That's a relief," he added with a faux sincerity.
After he said that he cleared his throat and gave a sharp nod.

Jake looked at Thor, who was eagerly waiting for them to get going. Jake gave the dog a forward gesture, with a short command. Thor gave a bark then darted off in a direction.
Jake gave a quick look at Ri and simply said, "Come on." And he started off after his dog.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:39 pm

((Guess who's getting tired of this topic? I never liked writing fights anyway.))

So, Ri joined Jake in a fight of epicness. The Hunters shot Jake dirty looks, Daquiri made use of her newly-found archery skills, Jake's 8-foot spear broke in half (but was successful), and many witty one-liners were had that day. Ri even saved Jake for a refreshing change! Oh, and Thor did a top-notch job, as well. He got to showcase those amazing archery skills of his, despite his lack of thumbs. That oversized ham dinner didn't even know what hit him.

And now, onward to the important ending--Jake realizing he lost Ri's gift. Jake, you're such a keeper.

Daquiri wiped a hand under her bangs to clear away some of the sweat and grime. Fighting battles to the death tended to make looking perfect rather difficult at times. Still breathing rather hard, she looked around until she spotted Jake and made her way over to him. She lightly touched his shoulder. "You okay?" He definitely didn't look dead. Not-dead was good.

Last edited by Cerulaen on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Whoops. Thanks, Cat. xP)
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:44 pm

[xD Oh, my. Thor. Thor and his archery skills and lack of thumbs. I commend him, as does the entire Apollo cabin (yes, that's right, I'm speaking for all of your sunshiney faces, deal with it). Oh, and you made a typo - "broke in half" written as "broke and half." =P]
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 am

(Hooray, this topic is almost over. >_<)
(Yes, Thor inherited all the archery skills in Jake's family.)

Jake had let out a long breath once the fighting had all been over. Well, it looked like most of the town was still standing. He looked around. He didn't see where Thor had wandered off to, but the dog hadn't gotten hit in the fight. He was probably just sniffing around at something interesting while he waited to go home.
Jake put his hands in his jacket pocket, feeling all of the usual things in them. He then stiffened. Uh oh. Where was it? He had put it in his pocket-- did it fall out? Well, there had been like a thousand different times it could have fallen out.

Then he felt a touch on his shoulder. He jumped a bit, taken out of his thoughts. It was Ri.
"Yeah, I'm fine," he said. Jake shrugged. "Few bruises here and there, but I'd say we made it off rather well, all things considered."
Jake let out a breath, watching the little cloud it made from the cold. Right. It was cold out. All the exertion left him rather warm, but all the same, they probably just shouldn't hang about in the snow.
"We should head home," Jake said, looking around to see if he could spot Thor.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:16 am

Daquiri let out a sharp puff of breath, the warm mist swirling off into the brisk evening air. Obviously, they had been gone a lot longer than they'd meant to. Diane would probably be worrying by now.

"Just about anything sounds better than standing out in the cold right about now," she agreed. Speaking of the cold, she shivered a bit. She had lost her jacket somewhere in the fight, and now that the adrenaline was wearing off, heat was no longer coursing through her body. She crossed her arms in an attempt to keep warm, while at the same time looking around at the damage and to make sure there were no other injuries. She saw some of the Hunters attending to wounds, but nothing looked too major. That was good. And for once, she herself hadn't seemed to receive anything drastic--mainly some scrapes and, same as Jake, bruises. They'd heal fine.

She spotted the familiar coronet-wearing red-head out of the corner of her eye. Kylie was directing the rest of her Hunters on clean up of the area and whatnot, and she happened to glance over to her and Jake's direction. She gave her a look that, even from the distance, Daquiri could tell said, Are you guys alright? Daquiri gave a short nod in response. She considered going over to say a few words to the girl, but then decided against it and just waved a goodbye instead. With every minute that passed, she was beginning to realize how tired she was, and that she'd rather just be alone with Jake to rejuvenate back at his apartment. It was weird, being able to go home to somewhere that was...well, a home. Camp Half-Blood was home, of course, but this was much different.

Taking Jake's hand, Daquiri resisted the urge to lean her head against Jake's shoulder. She blinked several times so her eyelids didn't start to droop. "What are the chances of leaving Thor behind so he won't slobber on me in the middle of the night again?" She tried not to shudder in absolute revulsion at the memory.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Jake slipped his arms out of the sleeves of his jacket when he noticed Ri was shivering in the cold. 
"If that happened, the next pig you would be seeing would have wings," he said, draping his jacket over her shoulders. Almost immediately he felt the cold through his long sleeved shirt, but he'd be fine on the walk home. He turned back away and gave a loud and sharp whistle. 
"Thor! Come on!" 

Jake waited a moment, and then Thor came trotting back into view, tail swaying from side to side and his leash dragging in the snow. Jake frowned when he saw the dog had something in his mouth. 
"What do you have there?" he asked. Jake crouched down as Thor walked up to him. "Give it here," he told Thor, grabbing the small object from the dog. Thor willingly gave it up then sat down, curling his lips in a proud grin. 
Jake's brows came together when he discovered it was a box. It looked awfully similar to a--
Jake's eyes widened. 
"How did you find this?" He asked the dog. Thor just wagged his tail happily.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:46 pm

Daquiri started to open her mouth to protest when Jake gave her his jacket, but then she thought better of it. Jake was an absolute boar--pun completely unintended--when it came to being the chivalrous boyfriend, and she wasn't in the mood to argue with him. And that aside, it wasn't like the son of Hephaestus was completely out of amenities--he had a freaking furnace built into him, after all.

She waited impatiently as Jake called Thor and they waited for him to come trotting up. The red-head frowned when Jake let go of her hand to inspect something in Thor's mouth. Every time. Every time. Folding her arms with Jake's too-big sleeves bunched up around her wrists, Daquiri rolled her eyes and moodily looked away from the pair.

"When you're quite finished conversing with your mutt, it's getting darker," she said flatly.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Jake looked up for a quick moment, then remembered. 
"Right. Hold on a sec," he said. He started to stand, then realized the felt box was covered in dog slobber. "You won't want this,"  he muttered, fumbling to get it open and pull out its contents with his clean hand. He stood up and turned around, then held it out to Ri. 
"Here," He said, "Merry Christmas."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:24 am

Daquiri made an expression of exasperation behind Jake's back and tilted her face up to the sky to glare at it. She remembered all the times her mother had promised to make her love life "exciting," and she wondered if this was Aphrodite's idea of a good show. Because if it was, the red-head was much less than amused.

She was two seconds away from snapping at Jake to leave his dog alone already when she realized he was fumbling with something. She heard him mutter something along the lines of "You won't want this," and she gave a slight raise of her eyebrow in wary curiosity. When he turned around and held something out to her, Daquiri furrowed her brow at the small object.

"Here. Merry Christmas." Daquiri looked up at Jake at his words, then glanced back down at whatever he was holding. It getting rather dark, she wasn't able to see it very well and she squinted her eyes, not quite sure what to expect. She tentatively reached out a hand and took the object from Jake's fingers.

She immediately recognized it as a ring. She immediately snapped her head back up in surprise, her eyes widening at her boyfriend. Was this...? No, that didn't make sense. Jake didn't rush things any more than she did. Still, it seemed like an... immensely important gift. She slowly slid the ring onto her right hand, the sapphire and crystal facets still somehow managing to sparkle in the dim light. Had she been in less of a stunned mode and more of a teasing one, she might have put it on her left hand just to mess with Jake--but as it were, she was just about as speechless as she'd ever been.

She looked back up at Jake. "Thank you," she said quietly. If Jake could even see her face in the evening light, she wasn't sure what he'd be seeing; for once, she couldn't quite get a read on her own emotions. Without thinking, though, she reached out her newly-ringed hand to entwine her fingers with Jake's.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 am

Jake smiled and took Ri's hand. He was happy she liked it, and very happy that it had been found (thank you, Thor). He paused for a moment, and worked his jaw. Thor sat down, looking up at both of them.
"Well, I know it's cold out, and its getting rather late," he started.  Jake started to move forward, but hesitated. He has this great romantic gesture planned out... but it didn't really feel like the best time for it. And it was getting late, they should probably head home. It was also getting rather dark with the street lights in the area knocked out by the boar. Maybe he should just drop it and try to be romantic another time, when they hadn't just fought a giant pig in the snow, and he hadn't almost lost his present, and--
Thor huffed, apparently tired of Jake's indecision, and got up. He walked behind Jake and pressed against the boy with his big, shaggy head, knocking Jake forward a step. 
Jake glanced back at the dog and back to Ri. Well, here goes nothing.
"You know, there's something we haven't quite gotten to finish," He said, in a bit less than the suave manner he had planned, and the smile he tried now was a bit crooked and uncertain.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sat May 24, 2014 1:24 am

Daquiri shifted a bit, getting a bit restless in the cold air as she tried to patiently wait for Jake to spit out whatever he was trying to get at. Then for once, Thor was the one who moved things along.

The redhead smiled a bit when Jake got a good shove forward. And at his words, her contained laugh only made it bigger. There was something undeniably cute about how unsure of himself he still was around her. Though, it could be said her idea of 'cute' wasn't very creditable. Stepping even closer to close the gap between them, Daquiri reached up a hand to cup one side of Jake's face and smoothed her thumb over his cheek. "Good boy," she murmured. Before it could be specified whether it was Jake or the dog she was referring to, her hands slid to behind Jake's neck and she pulled him into a kiss.

Kissing session surrounded by broken everything in the middle of her boyfriend's pig-ravaged hometown. Just what she'd always wanted.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum