Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of Those Monumental Meetings

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

One of Those Monumental Meetings - Page 2 Empty Re: One of Those Monumental Meetings

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:16 am

Thor lifted his broad head when the door was opened. His tail thumped against the floor happily.

Jake jerked his head up upon hearing his name, startled out of his reading. The he saw Ri at the door.
"Oh, Ri! I was just..." He glanced at the room around him, pretty much the same as when he started: a complete mess save for a clear path to the bed and the few random stacks and floor space. He glanced down at the notebooks he had gone through. "Cleaning." He dropped off, frowning.

Well. So much for that. Dangit, she wasn't supposed to see his room a total pigsty. He didn't even managed to shove anything under the bed to make it at least look a bit cleaner.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

One of Those Monumental Meetings - Page 2 Empty Re: One of Those Monumental Meetings

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:30 am

Daquiri wrinkled her pert nose in distaste at the clutter around her. No, clutter didn't even cover it. It looked like an abandoned workshop of Daedalus that had been run through with a tractor to make a path. By the look of guilt on his face, though, it was apparent Jake didn't need a retort from her to know just how much she disapproved of his living space.

"No wonder you've never had me over before," she said dryly. Coming fully into the room, she picked her way across it to the bed. She tried to make her brain ignore the imperfection surrounding her so that she wouldn't go haywire, but it was rather hard. Especially with Dog Breath lolling his tongue at her.

"Please tell me it's not usually like this," she said while crossing her arms. She knew there was really no hope in asking even as she said it, though.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:45 am

Jake paused as he looked at the mess. He looked back at Ri with a sheepish grin.
"I normally just dump my stuff in here and sleep, so..." He let a sigh out through his teeth. "Yeah, it's usually this bad." He admitted. His work space, he always tried to keep at least an organized mess. However, other than the small project here and there, he didn't work in his room. He slept there, so the only thing that needed to be clean ordinarily was his bed, and a path to get between the bed and the door. And a few small spots so he could reach his clothes.

He shrugged. "Sorry."

Jake glanced at his bed, and moved aside a pile of notebooks to the other side of him. "Um, we can go sit in the living room and relax for a bit. Dinner won't be ready for another five, ten mintues." He said, starting to move the journal he had been reading onto the pile. Thor looked up at Jake to see if he was getting up.

It was a bit embarrassing that she had to come in with the mess all around. If he had known a bit before, he would have made sure it was clean-- or at least neater. He might have managed to make at least a little bit of a difference if he hadn't stopped to read the notebooks.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:09 am

Daquiri gave a soft scoff as her boyfriend fumbled over himself. Yeah, he was a little late for the train of Impressing the Girlfriend. Walking over, she stole the notebook out of Jake's hand that he was trying to put away. "What's this?" she asked as she sat down next to him, making sure to steer clear of Thor. She sifted through the numerous notes and sketches scattered on the pages, giving small smirks at some of the drawings.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:21 am

Jake frowned as Ri took the journal from his hands and sat down. Well she wasn't supposed to stay in here. It was a mess.
Thor started to get up to greet Ri, but Jake told him to lie back down. The dog did so, thumping his tail some more.

"It's just an old journal of mine. I wrote it when I was like, 10." Jake said, giving her a bit of a smile, still not quite comfortable with her staying in here, reading the boring and/or stupid things he wrote as a kid. He leaned on his knees, examining the pages she was on as she flipped through them.
"I still lived in Colorado then, and it was more woodsy and small-townish." He told her. It had also been before he knew of any Greek lineage. While he thought about it, he reached down and scratched Thor behind the ears.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:40 am

A soft smile graced her features at Jake's words. "I always kept a journal when I was younger. Well, I did up until..." Daquiri trailed off, her eyes getting a far away look. "A lot of things changed when I got brought to Camp," she said quietly. "The foster care program... well, some kids get lucky. I didn't." She closed her eyes for a moment and winced a little at some of the memories. Blinking her eyes back open, she gave a slightly bitter laugh. "To say the least, there was a reason things like love were never on my mind then."

She didn't know why she was telling Jake this--in his room surrounded by half-a**ed projects, of all places. It was just... again, being back in a house with a legitimate parental figure... it wasn't bringing back the best of memories. And for once in her life, she had more than a piece of lined paper to share them with.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:50 am

Jake considered that in silence, still scratching Thor. He had always had his mother there. And he had Thor for nearly as long. Even if other friends moved away, even if he was suddenly whisked to the other end of the country, even when it was tough, there was someone there he knew was around. He tried to imagine how things would have been like if he had lost that. He couldn't manage it completely, but it was still more than enough to understand.

Then he spoke up, tilting his chin to look at Ri. "Well, maybe you got lucky in a different way."

Jake straightened up a bit. "I bet you none of the other foster kids got to ride a bronze dragon of awesome." He pointed out. She had done a lot more notable things than that, of course, but there was just something about mentioning a dragon that invoked epic status.

Thor lifted his head and looked between the two, wondering why Jake had stopped petting him.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:26 am

Daquiri cracked a smile at Jake's words. "No, I don't gather they did," she said, laughing a bit and punching Jake in the arm. Then, looking at him with his cheerful eyes and goofy smile, a sense of warmth filled her chest at just knowing that he was sitting here next to her. With her. She slid her small hand into his bigger one and impulsively gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Thanks," she murmured. Then she made a slight face. "And sorry. I know I'm not usually like that."

((This'd be a good point for Jake's mom to come in after Jake responds xP))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:38 am

Jake gave a wry grin as she gave him a peck on the cheek.
"Well yeah." He said. "You usually hit me." He said, leaning in towards her. He squeezed her hand a bit. They moved in for a more proper kiss.

"Dinner's ready, you two!"

Jake winced and looked at the ceiling.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:13 am

Daquiri was all prepared to roll her eyes at Jake's response when he started leaning in. Her heart slowing down, she closed her eyes and slowly moved to meet him the rest of the way.

And then there was the mother.

Freezing mid-lean, the red-head made a face at the interruption. Slowly opening her eyes, she let her head drop onto Jake's shoulder in a facepalm of sorts. "I should've told her to make more than a salad."

(skipping to dinner)

"It's okay, Mrs. Arin, salad is really all I'm hungry for."

Jake's mother seemed rather surprised that Daquiri had politely refused the main course of lamb and mashed potatoes in favor of just a bowl of salad with no dressing. Apparently in the Arin home, "eating like a bird" was not something that was normally done. It was no wonder Jake had pestered her for her eating habits for so long before he finally gave up on her.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:58 pm

"Well, if you're sure." Diane said, giving an uncertain frown. She took a sip of her drink.

Jake was chowing down on the meat and potatoes.
He flicked a potato onto the floor with his fork, which Thor happily gobbled up. Another old habit between the two.

"Jake." His mom said, giving him a look.
"What?" He said with a shrug. Thor wagged his tail, looking up at Jake, obviously hoping for another. His mom shook her head at him.

"So, how'd you two meet?" Diane asked, changing the subject.

Jake grinned and leaned on the table. "She kicked me in the balls."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 pm

Daquiri almost snorted into her glass of water as she took a sip of it. She tried to conceal her smile with her napkin as she dabbed at her mouth. "That was the second time we met, actually," she corrected with a straight face, as though that were completely normal. "I recall the first time we met was when you when I insulted your poor bowman-ship. And then I charmspoke an arrow to Hades," she added primly, sticking out her tongue at Jake.

As they had been talking, Thor had slunk--or, as much as a giant dog can slink--over to Daquiri's side of the table, away from Diane. He crouched down on the ground, his head resting on his two front paws and looked up at Daquiri with as begging a look as she ever saw. A small whine escaped his throat, and Daquiri glanced down at him.

"Get lost," she hissed at him under her breath, to low for the ears of Diane and Jake, who were further discussing the first several times she and her boyfriend had met. This didn't seem to deter the dog, however, for he only lifted up his nose and touched it to her forearm where her cardigan had been pushed back. She jerked back from the cold, wet touch and tried not to shudder. Still, Thor sat there, looking pitiful. The red-head started to roll her eyes and give another sharp retort, but then she had an idea.

"Hey Jake," she said, interrupting her boyfriend's conversation with his mother. "Could I see your plate for a sec?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:02 am

Jake looked at her, brows coming together.
"Uhh... yes?" He said slowly, not sure where that was coming from and even less sure of where it was going. A brow went up as he stretched the word.

Diane also gave her a questioning look.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 am

Daquiri gave Jake a sweet smile as he slid his plate over to her. "Thanks," she said, batting her eyelashes at Jake.

Then, setting the plate on the floor, the red-head used her foot to push it across the linoleum floor. "Fetch, Thor." And then she turned back to her salad.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:24 am

Thor gave a happy yip and darted after the plate, starting eating off of it before it stopped sliding.

Diane had a hand over mouth, with a twinkle in her eyes like she couldn't decide if she was supposed to act amused or stern.

Jake frowned, watching the plate go skidding across the floor and his dog chowing down on what formerly was his food. He sighed. "I guess I'm done with it now." He said, blinking at his ecstatic mutt. He gave Ri a sideways look.
"You know, he won't leave you alone now."

Once Diane managed to get her amusement under control again, she moved on.
"Well, since you're done. What should we do tomorrow?" She asked, her eyes still laughing. "I was thinking we could take a walk around town, and have lunch at the cafe. Then you two can go off and have fun until curfew."

GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 am

(Daquiri can smile *goes and rethinks existance*)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:56 am

((*Paradox*))

Well. That backfired.

Daquiri twirled her fork around in the remains of her salad at Diane's question. Awkward moment when you don't want the mother there... Daquiri wasn't sure if she should exactly say anything about it. Did Jake want her there? She knew he was close to his mom, but still... "I'm fine with whatever Jake wants. I don't really know the town." Daquiri looked up at Jake with a piercing gaze, covertly looking between him and his mom with only her eyes to ask a silent question: Do you want her with us?
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:41 am

Jake looked at Ri. She was looking at him expectantly. An the choice fell on him. That was never good.
He shifted in his chair.

"Well, I was thinking that me and Ri could walk the town, then we all can meet up here for dinner." Jake said, looking at his mom.

Diane gave the two an understanding look. "Well, alright." She said.

"Just be sure to take Thor with you. He needs the exercise." Diane added gently.
Jake gave a nod, sipping his drink. Thor looked up from his prewash upon hearing his name, then went back to licking any trace of food off the plate when no one wanted anything from him.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:42 pm

((Sorry it took me longer to post, I was trying to think of what to say. >.<))

Daquiri was about to give a silent sigh of relief that Diane wouldn't be with them when she had to go and ruin her day with Jake some other way.

"Just be sure to take Thor with you. He needs the exercise," Diane reminded Jake as she started to clear away the dishes. Daquiri wanted to bang her head on the table. Seriously? She had to spend the day with that giant, slobbery mutt? Ugh, so not fair. She'd rather have Jake's mother along. But unfortunately, it was too late for that...

Picking up her own dishes before Diane could, Daquiri brought them to the sink and washed them off under the faucet. "Thank for the dinner," she muttered as she walked past Diane back to the living room. She sat down on the couch, curling her legs up under her, and stared at the Christmas tree in the corner. She was glad this one was real and not one of those wire-infused fake ones. She hated when things were fake.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:55 am

(so, we just rolling we this, then?)

Jake managed to wrestle the plate away from Thor and he set it in the sink where his mom was doing dishes. He had seen Ri head out to the living room, and if he had looked over his shoulder he probably could have spotted her. Instead, however, he maneuvered to the corner of the counter in the kitchen to give Thor his proper dinner. He grabbed the container of dog food and poured it into the large bowl, then moved aside as Thor padded up to the bowl to eat.

Jake checked the water bowl, and upon deciding it was full enough he washed his hands and walked out into the living room. He sat down beside Ri.
For a moment, he was quiet. He shifted uncomfortably.
"I know this probably isn't what you were expecting." He started, the pacing of the words uneven as he tried to approach what he wanted to say. There was a long pause as he tried to piece together where to go from there.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:41 am

((Yes, we are going to achieve more attempted cuteness.))

Daquiri was caught up in her own personal thoughts until Jake finally sat down next to her. She glanced up at him, rearranging herself on the couch so that she could hug her knees to her chest. Her boyfriend seemed rather hesitant as he spoke, and she drew her eyebrows together at his statement. She couldn't tell if he was referring to next day's date, coming to stay with him for the holidays, or dinner. Decidedly unsure, the red-head didn't look at Jake and instead fingered one of the various scars marring the foreskin of her arm. Every time she saw them, she could never decide if she wanted them there or not. She knew Jake wished they weren't.

Shaking her head ever so slightly to refocus, Daquiri's eyes settled on Jake's lap. "What isn't?" she asked, her tone carefully neutral.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:49 am

Jake scoffed and shook his head. There was a bit of his customary shrug and grin as well.
He motioned vaguely around him.

"Everything. I guess." He said, glancing up at the ceiling as if hoping some sort of script was written up there. There wasn't one, naturally. Just the odd stucco pattern of the ceiling.
He gave another shrug, to put his statement somewhere between not knowing what to say and an actual attempt at expressing something.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:04 am

Finally looking up at Jake, Daquiri studied his face for several moments, her lips pressed together. In all honestly, she wasn't sure what she had been expecting. She'd never remembered being around a real family, so she hadn't really known what to expect. So far, yeah, it was different from what she was used to. But that was to be rather expected. And she couldn't decide if it was a good or a bad thing.

Crossing her legs, she turned to face Jake, but she stole one of his hands to concentrate on playing with in her lap rather than continuing to look him in the eye. "Tell me the truth, Jake," she said softly. "Do I seem unhappy?" Because at the moment, she wasn't sure if she was or not.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Jake's attention shifted as Ri grabbed his hand. He looked at her for a long moment. He studied her face, trying to decide.

"I suppose not." He decided. He gave a small smile. "At least not more than usual." He joked. Maybe he just couldn't handle serious moment. So he kept cracking jokes to cope.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Daquiri used Jake's own hand to whack him in the head. "Very funny, Forge Face." Honestly, she was one of the most serious people she knew, and she somehow got stuck with boy who couldn't keep a straight face. Hmph. She supposed that's what it meant by "opposites attract." Zeus knew Jake was nothing like her...

...except, perhaps, for his taste in movies.

"You have Taken?" Daquiri asked suddenly, her eye catching the line of movies crammed into the shelves next to the TV. She'd have to alphabetize those later. Getting up from the couch, she walked over and plucked the DVD from the shelf, opening it to make sure the disc was actually inside. It was. She pushed it out of the case and fed it into the DVD player. Grabbing a blanket from the back of the La-Z-Boy, she plopped back down on the couch next to Jake and picked up the remote sitting on the arm rest. "We're watching this."
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum