Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparitions

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Apparitions Empty Apparitions

Post  Axel The Bunny Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:00 am

Ok so this is my first time creating an actual RP

so lets start with what its about... this rp is about half demon kids known as Apparitions there are different types and different tiers of demons but ill go into that a little later
so the Rp takes place in the fictional town of Solstice, which is a small town located in the US. most of the world is ignorant to the existance of the spirit world which is where demons come from. in the town of solstice the barrier between the two worlds is weaker than in other places. which also made it a good place for humans to learn magic. about 16 years before there was an event that took place, demons broke through the barrier between the worlds and Spellcasters had to band together to try and send them back to the spirit world or destroy them... some of the demons had ended up having children with humans, though these demons were sent to the spirit world after. the children where half demon half human(Apparitions). Apparitions are born with incredible power. usually they are also physically stronger than humans. the Spellcasters began to hunt down these apparitions. even bringing young Apparitions to a kind of school in which they trained the apparitions to actually fight against other apparitions. they also told these children that it was their duty to capture or destroy these rogue apparitions. this school is known as the academy. the normal age that an Apparition. the apparitions arent only in the town though. the spellcasters are all over the world. there are other towns and cities that the barrier between the worlds is weak at. however the only one in the US is the town this takes place in. the academy itself is about five miles outside of town.

ok now on to the part you have probably been waiting for the rules on character creation.
your demon can be any class but how powerful they are depends on their tier.

tier five Apparitions are incredibly powerful i will only allow maybe 3 of these apparitions...so first come first serve. tier five demons are stronger physically than any other demons, they also are more powerful. however with being more powerful it also means they have bigger weaknesses, ones that drain their physical abilities as well as their powers. tier five Aparitions can have special powers outside of just their demon class (such as being a telepath, or other special powers like that) Also they are only born from high powered demons

tier four Apparitions are usually better at controlling their powers than lesser demons. though they have class specific powers. they have full control of their powers and are physically stronger than normal humans but not quiet as strong as tier five. Also these demons have big weaknesses and tend to be easily manipulated for some unknown reason.

the rest of the tiers have similar abilities but the less powerful an Apparition, the smaller their weakness will be, tier one tend to have only small powers such as mind reading, or small factors of their class. for example a tier 1 or two apparitions  most level ones are younger and grow up to tier 3. but tier 5 are born as tier 5 due to their high level demon heritage

as for classes any natural force or concept may be considered except for the idea of death or the idea that you can have resurect those who die. No god modding or making yourself OP the stronger your character... the bigger their weakness has to be. some powers will be class specific these are listed below

Summoning (Shadow demon)
Transforming into animals (Beast demons, rare power)
healing (plant or nature demons)
flying (storm demons)

(all the obvious powers like fire manipulation for fire demons and other powers that go with the classes already listed or the obvious powers)

if you have any idea for some of the class specific abilities pm me

now that that novel is done...its time for the character apps

Character name:
Tier: (this part can be rejected and assigned to you by me but i probably wont do that)
demon class: (feel free to come up with your own just as long as its not to op and  it makes sense)
appearance:
brief history:
Academy apparition or outlaw apparition:
Personality:
weakness:

now for my character
Character name: Drake Connors
Tier: 5
demon class: Shadow demon
appearance: Drake has jet black hair and grey eyes, he is average height average build. he dresses in a jeans a tshirt and a leather jacket (he dresses the same way Axel does)
brief history: Drake is an enemy of the spellcasters and of the academy. he is the only apparition ever to escape the academy, and avoid being brainwashed to fight his own kind. Drake had been taken to the academy when he was ten and escaped at the age of 14 before knowing he was an apparition, Drake had struggled because of his Abusive step father. the physical and verbal abuse that his stepfather had inflicted on Drake had been because of the fact that Drake was an Apparition, even though he hadnt known it yet, though another factor in the abuse was alcohol  
Academy apparition or outlaw apparition: Outlaw
Personality: Drake is paranoid, as well as stubborn. he dislikes normal humans, mainly due to the Abuse he had been subject to as a child. as well as his time in the academy being told by them that apparitions like him were bad. Drake is a closed off person. he doesnt talk to people about personal feelings or other problems (the rest ill just let develop through time)
Weakness: Sunlight, Drake is unable to use his powers when he is in sunlight and is ultimately weak while in sunlight.
Other: Drake is also a telepath, as well as a summoner.

(i will probably have whoever i decide to have run the academy side of this RP  start a seperate thread for them but any Applications or outlaw apparition posts will go in this thread as well as major interactions, however for any interactions that actually take place in the academy as long as it isnt a major interaction(involving more than 2 characters from both sides) this may change in the future, as i may decide to create a seperate thread for a major event in the story such as a large scale battle, though that will prob not happen for awhile

Last edited by Axel_Stone on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Apparitions Empty Re: Apparitions

Post  Cerulaen Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 pm

((Erm...this is like, Raven's story turned into an RP o.o So are the academy Apparitions the bad people?))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:26 pm

(Are the Spellcasters the antagonists? Are 'demons' always evil, or just a cool name for mons that can go either way? .....Is this kinda like X-men? I was thinking of an old X-men character... and that sort of got stuck...with the academy of super-powered freaks battling other, unaffiliated ones....
Anyway, if you give a shrug, then I'm just gonna take it and run. XD I'll be more than willing to take on the Academy lead.)

(Anway, not story-related: Would I be able to have a Beast Demon? With the shapeshiftin' stuffs? And...dang it's story related: How common's the Tiers? Is 4th level the most common for grown apparitions? Or is 3?
I've got a couple characters in mind, but the specific one depends on answers. Well, the answers to these.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm

(the academyh Apparitions arent bad necessarily...more like they are taught that all rogue apparitions are evil, which some are i might make a secondary group of antagonists, but the main antagonists are the spellcasters, and the Academy. and no it is a unique story, ceru i thought of it myself.

jake to answer your questions. the demons are evil spirits buut apparitions are not necessarily evil or good. so the apparitions could go either way. the normal level for a grown apparitions would be 3 but some manage to get to the 4th tier. and yea u can be a beast apparition with those powers also beast apparitions tend to be faster and stronger than other apparitions and have better sense of hearing, and smell.)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm

(Okay, Character Time!)

Character name: Darius Luvolk
Tier: 4
Demon class: Beast Apparition
Appearance: Even ignoring the shape-shifting, Darius rather large and intimidating build. He has broad shoulders and is well-muscled, with stern features. He usually dresses sharply or dresses for the occasion, as he sees fit. He wears a silver pendant around his neck at all times, which was a gift from his father.
Brief History: As a baby, Darius was taken in my the Spellcaster Rudyard Luvolk. As far as Darius is concerned, Rudyard is his real father; and obviously ranked leagues above his blood father, the demon Arkth'tanal. Rudyard raised him like his own son, teaching him about life and the matters of the world. In spite of his bestial nature, Darius learned self-control from his father, as well as the bonds of duty and truth. So long as he kept fettered to the noble ideals, he would never succumb to demonic influences. When Darius reached 10, he started training in the academy, learning more about magic, demons, and others like him. He quickly rose to the task of using his powers to protect the oblivious and fragile world around him, by tracking down troublesome apparitions and brining them to justice.
Allegiance: Academy
Personality: At first glance, Darius is a cold and vengeful warrior. If you get to know him, you'll find that he's that, but also a jovial spirit when not required. However, he is on call to respond to his strict sense of justice and protective instincts: a call that he answers with fierce swiftness and immediate execution.
Power/Weakness: Darius has the power of the beasts in any form. His enhanced senses quickly pick up any trouble for a heightened strength to quickly dispose of. He also has the ability to change into a fierce beast resembling his demon father, Arkth'tanal, which is more than twice the size of a full grown man. In the full form, he has great physical strength, as well as claws sharp enough to tear through steel, and a jaw that can snap a tree in half. Its senses draw from the supernatural, even able to sense invisible powers. However, the more aspects of his beast that he takes on, the harder it is to resist succumbing to the beast's instincts and demonic nature. He can take on smaller aspects to himself, lowering the risk involved, but with considerably less power.

(Heh, I might have overdone his Full Beast form just a little bit.... ^^\ )

Last edited by GeneralArin on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DONE!)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 pm

['tis WIP]

Character name:  Theodore "Teddy" Rosa
Tier: Three
Demon class: Beast demon (YES! SHAPESHIFTING!)
Appearance: In his usual form, his look is calm. He has dull, brown eyes and black hair. His skin is a slightly-pale olive color, and he has no freckles. This is his preferred appearance. 
Brief history:
Academy apparition or outlaw apparition:(im looking for someone to run it from the academy side)
Personality: He is a neutral character, and never really "sides" with anyone.
Weakness: 

Last edited by Syl on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:49 am

(Ha nice character jake....approved )

Drake waited in the coffee shop. he was waiting for one of his informants. normally he wouldnt have shown up at a meeting while there was still sunlight outside. but this information was worth the risk. unfortunately his informant, a human spellcaster named Andre who worked with the academy, was late. the stupid human had told him to meet him here about 2 hours before sunset. the sun was going down now, where was Andre. then Drake sensed something. it was too powerful to be a human, and it would be a huge coincidence to find another free apparition at his meeting place. Drake didnt believe in coincidences. idiot, thats what you get for trusting a human. he thought to himself. he could sense that it was at least a 3 tier, maybe 4. which meant it was most likely that they sent somebody from the academy. and it being a 4th tier meant it was most likely one of drake's former classmates. younger apparitions were never sent on missions. the average mission age was about 13. but they would have sent someone with more experience if they wanted to defeat Drake. in the back of Drake's mind he wondered which of his former friends he would have to fight.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:49 pm

(jake...i kinda jus gave u the perfect moment to come in hunting for Drake)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:47 am

I'm getting too lazy to write my character... urgh.. I have to work on it xD
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:05 am

(lol, I know, but it requires thought and time to get into character enough to make a post. I'll post later today)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:55 pm

(And it's later. Give me a moment to get into character. Ahem.)

This was the location that Andre gave. Darius took a sniff as he walked up the sidewalk in front of the small coffee shop. He could make out the faint scent of what he remembered the rogue apparition had smelt like, with the definite tang of the demonic blood that every apparition had. Then there was the smell of coffee. Coffee's a strong smell, and while not particularly bad, he would be smelling and tasting coffee for the next few days. Darius chuckled to himself. He was tracking down a Tier 5 Shadow, and he was complaining to himself about the coffee smell. Perhaps not the most normal reaction, but with the nose he has, you would probably complain too. Of course there were other smells too mixed in, like chocolate, caramel, and vanilla, the smell of people and the little baked things that he guessed was supposed to be good with coffee, and maybe a cat. Two cats. Darius did his best to ignore the garbage smell from the dumpsters out back, which had a mix of those smells and a few others. Not the apparition smell, mind you, unless someone threw one in the dumpster recently. Darius smiled at that one. It was an amusing thought; not very likely, but amusing.

He pushed the door open, mentally bracing himself for the surge of all the smells. The closed, conditioned environment tended to heighten the smells to the point where the coffee smell would probably be ingrained in the walls for years to come. The shop wasn't terribly busy, but wasn't empty either. They spoke among themselves, taking orders or trading news about the family and the terrible coworkers at the office and several irrelevant conversations. The other conversations faded into a dull noise as he tuned out the words. It had taken much practice, but he had selective listening to an art. There was one person moving at a different interval than the rest, not interacting normally. Or at all, really. The faint scent was almost drowned by the coffee scent, but it was there.
Drake.

Well. Darius remembered him from the academy, before Drake went rogue. It would be rude not to say hello.

(Sorry for the scent gushing. It was fun to write, though. TL;DR: "Darius walks in, notices Drake, then starts to approach." That's no where near as interesting.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Drake saw the apparition clearly now. it was Darius. so the academy finally decided to get serious. Drake knew there was no way he could take Darius while the sun was out. he would need a way to get to somewhere dark. fortunately Drake had this area memorized before he came here. he knew of some dark alleys that would work for him to use his powers. but it couldnt hurt to stall darius, he knew he would have to find a way to slow darius for him to reach one of the alleyways though. "well so they sent you then. of course humans never want to get their hands dirty when it comes to things like this. its been a long time, Darius."

(nah its cool it actually is good writing, and plus it gives me a sense of Darius' perspective. which would be the goal with it plus it would be kinda a sensory overload for someone with animal sense of smell.)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:51 pm

"I think the reason is closer to they prefer to have their blood inside their body." Darius said dryly. He didn't blame spellcasters for hanging back from direct confrontations. Magical powers or not, they were no more resilient than a normal human. Sending them into close quarters with a hostile demon, or even half-demon, wasn't an intelligent move by any standard.

"You know, most people start with 'Hello'." He pointed out. Darius stepped closer to the table to give a patron more room to walk past, with their strong mocha and cheese danish. He had at least an hour until sundown, and he decided to see if avoiding a confrontation was a possibility in the mean time. At the very least, it meant that there wasn't a chance of Drake starting a fight in the middle of the shop. "We swap greetings, ask how life has been going for the other, and chat over a..." Darius paused at another scent. He tilted his head a bit. "Caramel Biscottii with butter? Is that what that is?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 pm

"so your still playing servant to the spellcasters. what did they promise to give you a bone and scratch behind your ears iif you captured me, honestly i havent hurt anyone...recently" Drake was stalling and then Darius had asked about the coffee. "yes it is. so i assume you decided not to try to fight me just yet. im surprised, did they put you through obedience school? teach you some self control." Drake knew that Darius wouldnt attack him yet. he also couldnt understand why the boy served those lousy humans. its not like they gave him any real freedom. sending him out to capture "hostile" apparitions then locking him away again in the academy. "and yes it is, want me to order you some."
(sorry if drake is coming across as an *** but i love making sarcastic characters and he knows darius wont attack him yet. so he wants to stall. he isnt really a (insert swear word here)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Darius scowled. So much for being civil.

"I see your personal skills haven't improved." Darius said. He hadn't known that his self-control had been in question. He was never one for going around fighting. Occasionally he would lose his temper and become more beastly, but it wasn't a common occurrence. He supposed it would be a striking one, however, and would be something that most people would remember better. It was a shame; to be remembered for only the occasional weak moment.

Since Drake was clearly unwilling to act like a civilized human being, he dropped the casual attitude. Darius put his hands on the table, leaning forward onto them.
"Then you know very well why I'm here." His voice lowered an octave. "You are acting a menace to common society, abusing your powers and harming innocent people."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:17 pm

"innocent people? the spell casters are far from innocent. locking people like us up in the academy and using us for their battles. but then i wouldnt expect a lapdog like you to understand. by the way, how does one decide what abusing my powers is? escaping from that prison that you consider home, when i had never done anything to be locked away. the humans only treat you different because you are useful to them." Drake knew he didnt have much time to stall left, and he knew Darius wouldnt be swayed to his side of the conflict between apparitions he looked around at the exits... there were two exits if you didnt consider breaking through the window. how to distract Darius Drake then realized he already had an answer to that. he just wanted to wait a few more minutes before trying it
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:59 pm

((Woo, yay. I'll make a rogue apparition xD.))
((You know what, I'm going to switch to a female.))

Character name:  Tereash [TUH-REESH] Rosbure
Tier: Three
Demon class: Beast demon (YES! SHAPESHIFTING!)
Appearance: In her usual form, his look is calm. She has dull, brown eyes and tied in a low ponytail black hair. Her skin is a slightly-pale olive color, and she has no freckles. This is her preferred appearance. 
Brief history: Tereash was born to the streets of Solstice. Her human parent, who had learnt magic, had wanted her to go to a human school that was not the Academy, but Tereash refused. She was lost and disowned by her parent that she didn't know where to go, so she left Solstice. After a while of roaming around, she found her way back to Solstice, though she stayed away from it. 
Academy apparition or outlaw apparition:  Outlaw
Personality: She is a neutral character, and never really "sides" with anyone. She's never overrun or startled by emotions and thinks a lot. She's not rash, but isn't really the cheerful type.
Weakness: Tereash loses control when she's mad; angry. She changes into a random animal, something she doesn't know without thinking. 

Last edited by Syl on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:16 am

(approved if you want to jus get right into Rping you could help out Drake...or find some other way of jumping into the stories current plot)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:33 pm

(Well, if you're an outlaw, you can jump in and back Ax up when this escalates to a fight.)

Darius scowled. "You're hardly discerning when it comes to that sort of thing." He could feel himself getting flustered. The pair of them had hardly left off on good terms, and that cut his patience far shorter than it usually would. He had walked in, intending to keep this a civil talk, but Drake never was one to be fettered to small affairs like matters and human decency.
"Clearly you're the innocent one out of all of this; attacking people, disrupting the peace..." Darius could go on in his low, nearly growling tone, his focus was honed in on the man in front of him, and it took several large dosages of self control to keep himself human.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Drake smiled, so Darius didnt have the self control he had pretended to have. Drake could tell this was his best moment to move. he grabbed his coffee. then rather than drinking it threw it right into Darius's face. knowing that the smell of the coffee would overload Darius's keen sense of smell to give him a few minutes. he ran out the nearest exit. knowing any moment Darius could begin following him. he ran into a dark alley, there he waited for Darius to come around. here Drake would be able to have access to his powers.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Now that was just rude.

Darius let out a real snarl as he suddenly had hot coffee in his face. Come on. No one could say they could possibly remain utterly stoic while they have steaming hot and rather strong coffee in their face. And it would have burned his nose anyway, even if he had been a regular human, but since he wasn't the strong smell made him sneeze several times, and he had to take time to wipe the hot coffee off of his face with his sleeve. He had heard which way Drake had ran out, and that he had startled most of the patrons in the shop.
Darius took another moment to take a breath and pick up a napkin to wipe his face off better. He sneezed again. He might as well take a few more moments to get himself under control again. Right now he would probably kill Drake, as well as any bystanders. And that's rather rude, to say the least.

He looked up at one of the baristas that was staring. "Could I have a bottle of water please?" He forced his tone to be civil again. It was no small feat, but while it probably sounded strained (which was normal, all things considered) there was no hint of the growl that hung on his throat. (Which was not in the slightest.) He dropped a $10 on the table. "Sorry for the mess."

After he got his water, Darius immediately exited the shop. He had a basic idea of which way Drake had run off to, as well as an idea of what Drake would run off to. Darius took a few large gulps of the water, then used some to clean up his face as he walked. He would probably be walking into some sort of ambush, after all Drake had time to get to a more defensible position. Darius knew that he would have to be alert, and he would probably need to don aspects of his beast form to handle the situation. He took his time following, planning out what exactly he would use to do battle and defend himself. He was already strained, and a fight would draw out the worse in him. He had to draw a firm red line to what he could use, or else he might just jump full beast. And that would be bad.

It wasn't easy to use his scent, with his nose being burnt by the hot and strong coffee. However, it wasn't his only tool to manage with. And he could still smell a little bit. It was just mostly coffee. Drake should really cut back on the creamer. Darius was pretty sure that as unhealthy. At any rate, he came to the shadowed alley. Darius stopped a foot or two away from the nearest shadow, at the entry of the alley. He squared himself, dropping into his instincts to help his reflexes.

"I suppose this is the part where you attack me." Darius said, his face stony and alert.

(Huzzah, novels! Darius's character demands novels. Apparently. Its a good thing they're fun.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:18 am

"you know that you wont be able to fight back without coming into the shadows...and then your as good as beaten." Drake said not hiding the threatening tone in his voice. he then put his hand on the ground to use. "summon" as he said the word. shadow stalkers...lesser demons he created from the shadows emerged in the alley. they wouldnt be able to take Darius after Darius brought his power up a couple notches. but the would certainly by Drake time until the sun went down. and as soon as that happened Drake could easily destroy Darius. "what no full beast Darius. your masters keeping you on a leash." Drake hated apparitions like Darius willing to let themselves be controlled by humans. Darius was little more than a pet to the spellcasters. why couldn't he see that. Drake pointed to Darius. "Attack" he said the command word to the creatures he summoned and they charged at Darius. Drake wanted to draw Darius in for an open attack. he had chosen this alley because while he hated humans he wasnt going to let innocent people get caught in the crossfire. Drake had summoned about a dozen shadow stalkers.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:57 am

And the fight begins.
Darius took in a breath. There were 12 opponents, not including Drake himself. He recalled the lesser shadows, and quickly gauged their strength against his. He might be able to take a few without the beast at all. However, there were more than a few, and it would take too long besides. He had 45 minutes of daylight left. A couple small aspects of the beast could dispatch them quickly, and give him a bit more stamina to take on Drake afterwards. Full Beast would trample anything and everything extremely quickly. Which was the problem, really. Despite what Drake seemed to believe, full beast wasn't a toy.
So, with ten being a notch below full beast... Darius settled on a four.

He donned the speed and energy of the beast, as well as the claws. Foreclaws, anyway. Hindclaws would mess with his shoes. Then biting was just gross. He wasn't about start putting his mouth on things: do you know where those shadow creatures had been? And there was the dumpster and trash all around, some of which he could smell through the now-sickening smell of coffee, no. Anyway, speed and sharp claws would help him tear through the mooks quicker, sparing both time and injuries to use with Drake.

So, wasting no more time, Darius dove right in. He leapt over the nearest shadow creature, clawing down its back. As he landed, he grabbed the creature and flipped it into another one, sending it into another one. Leverage was a beautiful thing. Who needs super strength when you have physics? He moved onto another one, allowing himself to dip more into instinct for more fluid and fierce movements. The good thing about these shadows was that other than the movement and the fighting, they didn't really trigger much. No sharp cries, no whimpering, and most of all: no blood. He could fight these things all day and step out of it any time. Not that he'd want to do that. He still needed to finish his book list.

While he was thrilled to be able to get these primal urges satisfied for the moment, he made sure to keep the more rational part of his mind on hot alert for more mooks or direct action on Drake's part. For all he knew, the guy could pull a gun on him. While he wasn't certain that a normal bullet would harm shadow creatures, it would hurt quite a bit. He hadn't been shot before, and he was in no mood for experimenting. And even if it wasn't a gun, Darius could come up with several unpleasant surprises given the chance.
He tore threw four more, bringing the count to seven.

(More novels!)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:34 am

Drake sat for a moment to watch Darius struggle a bit. the one good thing about the years he spent in that academy was that he knew what to expect from apparitions. he knew he could take down Darius with nothing but his fists at the level darius was currently at. however he couldnt know for sure if Darius would knock him in the sun if he had tried. also darius was avoiding actually stepping into the shadows. Drake knew that his strength was less than a quarter of its normal amount when he was in sunlight. and he couldnt take on Darius at that strength. he would have to focus on long range attacks. he caused spike like projectiles...that he called shadow darts to fire from the shadow nearest to Darius. they were flying straight at him. it would kill if it hit the right place, or maim. depending on where it hit. after the darts hit they would disolve back into shadows. no need to retrieve weapons and spend unnecessary time here.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:27 pm

(and...waiting)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny