Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunset Claiming (Open to all)

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sunset Claiming (Open to all) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunset Claiming (Open to all)

Post  Callistos Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Corra walked up to Cat again when she saw her exit the Apollo cabin. "Hey!" she said. "Its getting darker. What do you want to do?"

She realized since Cat was an Apollo kid, it might not be the smartest for her to stay out too long after dark. Theyre powers didn't work as well in the dark as they did in the light.
Callistos
Callistos

Drachmae : 564

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite/Hecate
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:53 pm

"Food," she said. "I mean, maybe we could get something to eat? I'd hate to go to sleep on an empty stomach," she clarified.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Corra laughed. "I understand, totally" She brought her to the dining pavilion, and they sat down together.

"Not sure if were supposed to be here right now." Corra admitted. She put her heads in her jean pockets, wishing she at least brought a light sweater. All she wore was her skinny jeans, brown lace-up hunting boots, and her red-plaid shirt. Thanks to Aphrodite, her hair was still perfectly straight. But she still shivered. It was getting cold.

"What do you want to eat?" she asked her. "You can have anything. Not kidding-- try it!"
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Cat looked dubiously at Corra, uncertain of what the girl meant. She felt a little guilty to see her shiver from the cold wind, and wished it were a warmer night.
"Anything... like... waffles... or potato salad?" she asked, stating the first things that came to mind. She almost yelped when a plate appeared - just appeared - in front of her, with two waffles stacked on top of each other and a blob of potato salad. She did, however, bang her knee against the table. She grimaced, and began inspecting the food. It was red potato salad, her favorite kind. Margarine was melting on the waffles, with just a little too maple syrup. Just how she liked it.
"How...?" she said, faltering.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Corra laughed at Cat's reaction, but not in a rude way.

"See? I told you anything." She herself conjured up a small salad, her favorite toppings and everything, completely perfect. "Its magic. But first, over here."

She led Cat over to the fire at the front, where she instructed her on how they always gave food to the gods. She scraped a piece of her salad into the fire, saying just loud enough for Cat to hear, "Mother. Aphrodite. Accept my offering. Please help me with... my problem. You know."

She looked at Cat. "Your turn. Just scrape some in, and pray to your dad. He'll hear you, I promise you."
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:16 pm

She looked at Corra for a moment, then at the fireplace. Would Apollo really hear her? And even if he did, why should he even care? Hiding her doubts, she picked up the two waffles. It wasn't like she was going to eat it anyway; waffles were her morning food, not nighttime food.
"Apollo..." She found it hard to find words, especially since Corra was right there with her. What was she supposed to say to the father she had never known? "Show me my path," she murmured, dropping the waffles into the flames.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Corra smiled sweetly. Cat looked uncomfortable. "It's okay, Cat. I understand. I've only met Aphrodite once, and that was in a dream I received over the school year." She winced, thinking she may have said too much,

She knew she already had. She mentioned to her mother she had a problem loud and clear in front of Cat, and then she claims she met her in a dream. What was she doing? If Cat found out, it would backfire, she knew it. Everything she was and ever would be, exposed to a girl she barely knew...

She cursed herself. Her fatal flaw was getting at her again. 'Being open is good. Sharing is good. Trusting is good,' she said to herself, to remind her. She hoped Cat wouldn't say anything, she couldn't afford an explanation.

"Anyway," she said. "We can eat now." She began to dig in, avoiding Cat's eyes.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:17 am

Cat's brow creased. Gods met their kids in dreams? Okay. Why not? She didn't understand why Corra cringed like she said something wrong.
"It's okay, it's not that much weirder than everything else around here, having dreams sent from your immortal mom..." She trailed off, getting the sense that she was a little off on what she thought made Corra suddenly uncomfortable. Was she... hiding something? She became a little more sure of it when the daughter of Aphrodite put her head down and began eating, sort of ignoring her. She pushed the thoughts away. She had no right to pry, anyhow.
She followed Corra's lead and began digging into her food as the stars glistened above the roofless mess hall, twinkling constellations illuminating the sky.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:26 am

((*Ceru trolls* Eatin' in the dark, NBD.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:21 am

[... Let's say there are lamps of Greek fire there.]
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:39 pm

((sorry it took so long for me to reply. my computer crashed and i need to use my crappy phone. because of that, i tend to not have access to caps lock... :/)) Corra noticed Cat looking at her in the corner of her eye. she must have some suspicion, who wouldnt? demigods had good senses. when both girls were finished eating what they could get, Corra took the risk of looking into Cat's eyes again. She figured it was worth a shot, her eyes tended to captivate other humans. Not by magic, just by sheer beuty, as a gift from Aphrodite. There was no way Cat could ask her about her...problems then. And, Cat was a good girl, Corra could just tell. "I think well get in some serious trouble with some hungry harpies and Chiron if we stay out any later. Nice meeting you though, Cat!"
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Cat finished eating the glob of potato salad and glanced at Corra. She looked away awkwardly when she found that the daughter of Aphrodite happened to be looking at her too. Her brow creased at the mention of hungry harpies. "The harpies you keep at camp are allowed to eat you guys?"
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Corra smirked at the girl in obvious amusment. "Well, I wouldnt say ALLOWED. They sometimes do what they want. They just might if you stay out too late at night, or if you dont leave right away at the end of camp. If you want to stay year yound, you have to check in with Chiron. I typically do that. And if you dont do that and are late to leaving camp, well, lets just say it wont be a happy experience for you." Corra felt she might scare the girl if she went on any farther, so she stopped there. "But dont worry, Im sure you wont have any problem with that."
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Cat grinned crookedly. "I'd hope not." She rose. "I guess I'd better get settled then," she said. "Do most campers usually leave at... the end of summer?" she guessed.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 pm

She smiled at the daughter of Apollo. "Yeah, a lot of them do. But if youre the kid of a more powerful god, like you and I are, its probably better for us to stay year round. Our scent is more powerful to monsters, wed be found quicker. And without Camp Half Bloods training, wed also die quicker. Which is why I stayed year round. Its safer, and now Im well trained. I just left this past school year for a little change of scenery." Corra paused, then thought of something else. "And if you stay year round, that also means no mortal school, so ya." She smiled.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:14 am

Cat let that sink in. Year-round. She wondered if she'd ever see her mother again. Or the rest of the world, for that matter, if monsters truly tracked them down outside the camp. Did her mother even want to see her anyway? She was more than sure that Eddie wouldn't. And not having school anymore... she wasn't sure how to feel about that. Sure, she definitely wouldn't miss being stuck with a bunch of strangers who never understood her or paid her any attention (funny, it wasn't like she had anything different at home) but she still had a lot she wanted to learn. "Are there any classes here to make up for that?" she asked Corra.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm

She raised an eyebrow and laughed. "Like math and sciience? No. But we have the arena, where you can take sword fighting lessons, and you can learn about pagasi and stuff in the stables. Were all about survival here. And beating the Titans. That too."
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Cat nodded, hiding her disappointment behind a thoughtful expression. Perhaps she could go home for school...? Probably not. But she did have to admit, sword fighting lessons did sound pretty good.
 "So these sword fighting lessons start around the same time regular school does?" she inquired. Something else Corra had said registered in her mind. "Wait, beating the Titans?" She gave the daughter of Aphrodite a puzzled look.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:33 am

[Bump! Razz]
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Corra bit her lip. Here came the hard part. "Umm, yeah. The Titans, you know, the parents of the gods, are kind of at war with us right now. Some other half bloods became traitors and joined them, because they felt their godly parent ignored them and didnt care. Im sure you could talk to Chiron about it, or Estelle and Jay."
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Cat went silent for a moment, taking that in. So, it wasn't enough to be a child of a god. They also had to be at war with a bunch of other demigods who were serving Titans. Of course.
 "That's enough for one night," she decided. She looked up at Corra. "Thanks for showing me the mess hall, and the... food-burning thing," she said, offering the daughter of Aphrodite a small, slightly awkward smile.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:26 pm

[bump Razz]
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:50 pm

"No problem, Cat," Corra smiled. "Dont worry, youll get used to it soon. Were all a little shaky when we first come to Camp. Youll love it, everyone does." She bit her lip, realizing that not everyone loved camp, some went to the Titans instead. But she decided not to say anything. "I take it you know your way back to the Apollo cabin? Get some sleep, you r siblings like to get up nice and early." She smirked, then began walking back to the Aphrodite cabin.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:49 am

[Haha, about time I finished this topic up...]

Cat grinned. "I'll find it eventually. Thanks, Corra." She began walking down towards the cabins, after Corra, then went her own way to her new cabin.

She slipped silently into the Apollo cabin and made her way to the bunk where she had laid down her belongings. Her cabinmates stirred, but didn't wake.
   She glanced down at her carry-on, which she had put down beside the bed. She laid it flat, and opened it. Smiling, she reached through the layers of cloth until she could grasp a more solid item hidden among the clothing. She pulled it out, revealing a maple-colored ukulele in the dim moonlight coming through the window. She almost began playing, but remembered there were other people in here, sleeping. She grinned cheekily to herself and put it away.
   She quickly changed into her pajamas. Deciding not to go through her gym bag - which actually did not have any gym-related stuff, just a lot of notebooks and pencils for writing and drawing to her heart's desire - she plopped it down quietly on the chest at the foot of her bed, intending to organize it into her tiny nightstand the next morning. She dropped her backpack beside it. She unzipped it slowly to avoid waking the others, and took out her toothbrush, toothpaste and other toiletries, tiptoeing to what she hoped was a washroom. It was.
   She hastily brushed her teeth, then climbed into her bunk. She somehow managed to fall asleep, even with a mind full of pegasi and gods and monsters, all running around making food appear out of thin air.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3