Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrival at Camp

+2
Syl
Catryn Greyling
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arrival at Camp - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrival at Camp

Post  Catryn Greyling Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 am

Cat looked uncertainly at Andrew. "I'm Cat," she said slowly. Did these people really believe they were all children of the gods? And you're supposedly one of them too.
 She involuntarily flashed back to that first time as a little kid when she jumped around her mother, asking about her father.

"Momma!"
 "What is it, Kitty?"
 "Do I have a dad?"
 "... Of course, sweetie."
 "Where is he?"
 "He... left."
 "Will he be back in time for my birthday party? I'm turning three, you know."
 "Really, now? That's wonderful, but he can't make it."
 "Awwwww!"
 "Don't worry, though, I -"
 "Will I ever meet him? I wanna meet him! Pleasepleaseplease!"
 "No, you won't. At least.... not yet."
 "Not yet?"
 "It started with that big war he told me about, and that child o- ah, I shouldn't be saying so much. Point is, we don't have much of a choice now, do we?"
 "Momma, you look sad."
 "I'm fine. Just don't ever ask about your father again. The... the time will come. In the meantime, you'll have a new daddy! Won't that be great?"
 "But I want my old daddy! Why'd he leave me alone?"
 "Catryn! That's enough. He's gone, he's not coming back, and that's all you need to know."

She hadn't realized at the time, but it was after that talk that her mother became more distant. She knew this would happen, after all. She was planning to dump me here all along. She choked back the bitterness and looked to Estelle.

"What's your IQ?"
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:31 am

Syl chuckled. She hadn't really thought about, but she'd figured a child of Athena would have an IQ of either 100000000 or 0.

((SO short... sorry Smile ))
((Conrad... where were you?))
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:18 pm

(i was in California XD and then i had to get ready for school................................ im just gonna join)
Conrad walked into the big house to say sorry about "accidentally" smashing a window during archery. Then noticed the crowd of people and someone he did't know " Hi guys. How's it going?" he asked the people.Then looked at the new person and said "i'm Conrad, son of Ares god of war blah blah blah" he said.

(that big war ? cat if i didn't know any better i'd say you're charries parent was hitler XD but this is demigod role play....soooooo cerebrus 
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:19 pm

"I think it's somewhere in the range of a bijjillion." He smiled at the new girl who had left then for some reason. Her emotions went blank, almost like a robots or automatons. Hmmm. "Hey Comrad! Haven't seen you in a while!"

He took another bite out of his apple. "I assume you're still in disbelief?" He acciedently spit a piece of apple out as he said that. Woops! He wiped his mouth and held his eyebrows up. He swallowed the rest and looked at the group. "Shhh you didn't see anything." He smirked a little as he said that.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:46 pm

'I don't know, actually,' Estelle frowned. 'I can see why Lily has to play mommy around you' she grinned. She exchanged a quick look with Andrew, to see if he's noticed that the girl kinda blanked out for a moment. You learn to read faces when you've had a psychology professor for a dad and the goddess of knowledge as a mom. Not that she knew her dad. The orphanage counselors had told her that.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 pm

"Yeah, we'll I've been busy with stuff" Conrad said "really just the usual though, breaking something by accident then being sent to Chiron and being punished that last one was particularly long. Picking strawberries for 5 hours in the baking sun isn't as fun as it seems" he said pulling one of his famous smiles that directly afterword run into a blankish face
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:06 pm

'Nice to see you weren't made pot roast,' Estelle teased with a smile. 'I don't think you'll need any more vitamin D.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Cat sighed. "I really don't know what to believe at this point. So, is this place like your Demigod Central? What happens around here?" She had so many more questions, but she held them back. There'd be plenty of time to figure things out. She felt the familiar twinge of longing at the sight of the four 'demigods' chatting amongst each other. She shut it off immediately. After all, she might be one of them. Then again, she was always the odd one out in other places. This could be just like the rest, except this time there was no escaping from any bad first impressions. Stop it, Cat! she scolded herself.
"I'm Cat," she told the guy who had walked in last. "Daughter of Ava Greyling and who-knows-who."

[LOL yes her father's Hitler. XD Apollo told Ava a little about the Titan war and how Cat would have to go to camp by the time she was 13.]
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:05 am

Syl accidentally bit her tongue, and cursed silently. Ouch.
"Well," Syl said, fighting her numbness in tongue twist (literally) "This place is like, the only place in the world that's safe for demigods."
She had a feeling that it would scare Catryn.
She turned to the other demigods. She didn't want to make Cat feel ignored, but she couldn't help talking to them.
"So, what's... up?"
Cheesy. Overused. But whatever.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Only safe place? That's ridiculous, she wanted to say. But it made so much sense at the same time. After all, if the Greek gods existed - if - then it would only make sense for the ancient monsters like the Minotaur, the hydra, harpies, Cerberus.. they'd exist too.
  Had she seen anything like that? She was sure she did, yet she couldn't recall anything. Well, there was fourth grade with Ms. Nomed, a pretty young teacher who everyone seemed to like. She commented once to Tasha Bales that Ms. Nomed's teeth seemed a little sharper than normal, as if they were fangs - maybe she was a vampire! Tasha gave her a weirded out look and she lost her only friend. But there were no vampires in Greek mythology. Empousai, perhaps. That would explain where Mr. Gordon went (who, according to everyone else, never actually existed).
  "Do you guys get attacked then, out in the... normal world?" she asked.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:05 pm

"It is the only safe place unless if you're capable of taking care of your self in the mortal world." He always imagined how it would be now that he was trained and could fend for himself. Him becoming the hunter and them becoming the prey... That sounded a little psychotic but yeah what can a guy do when he gets attacked by nightmares? "Yes you do get attacked. Depending on your abilities and your godly parent it could happen more frequently or less. Say if you're the daughter of Zeus, the big bad powerful thunderbolt wielding dude, you'd be attacked a lot more than me since I'm the son of a minor god. Though I do have special abilities I've been told so I'd be equal to an Olympian god...I guess? I don't know how to explain that part."

He looked at the girl that had been left out of the conversation, he should've been focusing on her since she was newer. "So now that you've learned all this stuff what's it going to take to make you believe it? A tour of the place?"
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:13 pm

"Oh oh oh i could show how good i am with swords, because thats how i broke the window accidentally" Conrad said enthusiastically, and shaking his hand in the air like at school. "Also, i have the power to make people angry, because some people say i'm kind of annoying, and have a tendancy to start a fight every once in a while, well be sides that time with ken and with lilly and with everyone else" Conrad said with his dumb face are. The public school systems weren't the best where he used to live.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Arrival at Camp - Page 2 Empty "Hello? There's a goat-boy next to me!"

Post  Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Jared walked to the huge house, hoping someone would tell him what was going on. He just learned his friend was a 'Satyr' apperantly and he was a 'demigod'. Jared knocked impatiently, wanting a BIG explanation from a real human.

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:40 pm

((You need to make an application and have it approved first. Here's the link, just make sure you use out template a the top the purple sticky. Can't wait to critique it!))
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 am

Cat smiled at Conrad's enthusiasm. "Cool. I have the power to make people want to avoid me." She turned back to Andrew. "And a tour of the place sounds great." She looked at Syl, Estelle, and Conrad. "Do you guys want to come too?" she asked nonchalantly. On the inside, she was bracing herself for the answer. Rarely did people want to spend any more time with her; would this time be different?
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:12 am

"Yeah, sure." Syl said quickly. Maybe this'd be a time to get a tour to herself, too.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:55 pm

"That sounds fun, I never got a tour so this could be the one I never got" Comrad smiled"plus I didn't actually break the window this time, it was my idiot sorta siblings" he said equally as smiley with a hint of deviousness.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 am

'Not "sorta"' Estelle corrected. '"Totally" would be more fitting.' She made a face as she thought of the Ares kids. Conrad was nice, but his siblings... Let's just say she wasn't so fond of them. Enough to let Acacia put her pellets on their bunks.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:35 am

Cat smiled, glad Syl and Conrad were coming. They were the kinds of people she would love to befriend. "Will this broken window be a part of the tour?"

Last edited by Catryn Greyling on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:17 am

Syl tried to bite back a laugh, but it came rolling out anyway.
"Yeah, of course." She said. "If we can spot it."
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:28 pm

(that's right, his other sibling are annoying little persons.(

"I could show you that !" conrad said

(sorry short post. most of mine are though, this one is exceptionally short though Razz )
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 pm

"Who's the Greek god of humor? That might be who you're the daughter of." He laughed while he said it. "So we'll hit the broken window first and then to the Arena from there you can choose." He motioned for Conrad to go first just for show he also added a comment. "Show us the way oh mighty window breaker!" He smiled a little as he said that.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Estelle smiled. 'You guys go ahead. I promised to meet Jay here.' she shrugged. 'I might join you later, if you're willing to cope with me.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:21 am

Cat stepped back to let Conrad lead, the smile still on her face. For the first time in a long while, she felt... comfortable. It was as if she no longer needed to be on her guard, be on her best behaviour, or carefully word her sentences to make sure she wouldn't offend anyone. Even if she wanted to stay that way, something about the atmosphere made it seem almost harder to keep her words and her expression in check. For the first time in a long while, people had talked to her and hadn't seemed to regret it. For the first time in a long while, she was being accepted while being herself. Even then, as happy as she felt, she could feel her guard going back up. Her subconsciousness was preparing herself, saying, Watch it - it could be a false alarm, and you'll lose these friends as fast as you made them.

[Are we gonna make a new topic in a different section for the tour?]
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:03 am

(I suppose so, probably in the arena or something btw it's someone's special day lol). "Allrighy then let's go!" Conrad said as he marched on forward through the door doing high knees (the walking version ) "follow me ! To the magical broken window of Conrad!"
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next