Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a weapon!

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Looking for a weapon! - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for a weapon!

Post  GeneralArin Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Jake gave a crooked smile and a shrug. "Well, when I'm not playing mechanic, I'd say that I like being outdoors, in any sort of engaging thing." He said, laughing a bit. He supposed mechanics was his hobby, since he was always doing things related to it. "I'm no good at sports, though."

They walked along, and ended up near the amphitheater. "That's the amphitheater, its normally only used for campfires, and big announcements and stuff." Jake said, pointing it out. He remembered several occasions there, like the bead ceremonies. He also did Agamemnon's announcement there. Wes hit him with a rock.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:19 pm

"What kind of big announcements?"

Caroline kinda didn't want to know the answer. After hearing it was used for camp fires, and also hearing about big announcements she pictured it was like Survivor and you had to vote a camper out. She really didn't want to be voted out and have to go back out there where literally everything attacked her!

(Sorry that it's so short :/ )
Caroline
Caroline

Drachmae : 154

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Jake shrugged. "Usually opening and closing the summer, earlier this summer we used it to announce the new camp guardian, and to get together and talk about any big events." He explained. Though they decided details about the last quest at the Big House in a big meeting with all the cabin counselors. The most recent big event he remembered in the amphitheater was about Agamemnon.
"Mostly just sitting around a magic multicolored fire roasting marshmallows and pretending to sing along to terrible songs." He gave her his wry grin.

(Its alright. Mine aren't great at the moment either.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Caroline smiled back at Jake, the camp fires sounded like a lot of fun. I mean roasted marshmallows? Who does not have fun with roasted marshmallows, if she ever found someone who did not like roasted marshmallows than she was going to vote them out of the camp! Not sure how, but she was going to find a way.

"What else is there around camp?"

(I promise I'll get better!)
Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:14 pm

(Don't worry about it, your posts are pretty good, even when they're short. Sometimes its just hard to post a good long one.)

Jake thought for a moment. He ended up putting his thumbs in his pockets at this point, mostly at a loss on what to do with his hands.

"Well, nearby is the rock wall and ball courts." He said, starting to go in that direction. He couldn't remember the last time he had climbed the rock wall. He did remember the times he did he usually caught on fire. And then there was the matter of a race he had with some of the other senior campers...

(Heh, my turn to post a short one.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Ball courts? BORING, Caroline never really got into sports. Everything about them bored her and watching sports, thats basically another way of saying nap time. Rock wall on the other hand, that sounded like a lot of fun. She could barely contain her excitement, she couldn't wait to see it and maybe challenge Jake to a race to the top.

"So what's your favorite part of camp?"
Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Jake gave a bit of a sheepish laugh, having never really thought about that before. "My favorite part?" He ran a hand through his hair. "Well, I like the armory and my workshop, but I'm biased." He said with another laugh. He tilted his head and thought for another second. "I like the lake. It's nice." He said simply, not really having enough skill in 'speechcraft' to describe things like that. Though there were a lot of nice memories from that place over the years, and it was a nice relaxing area compared to most of the Half-Blood world.

(lol, I skimmed the other topics to see where Jake's in the most. The Lake won. Not counting the fact Jake practically lives in the armory.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Finally reaching the rock wall, Caroline's jaw dropped. This was like no other rock wall she has ever seen before, it was kind of scary. She was expecting a typical wall..made of rocks..that you climb, nothing that was this extravagant and with this many challenges. It looked like you could die on this thing! And people did this for fun?

This did not look relaxing at all, and she did not want to even attempt going up that wall. Something like the lake sounded like a way better place to be. At least there she wouldn't get embarrassed and probably fall to her death.

"Do you think we can see the lake instead?"

She tried not sounding nervous about the wall but she already knew that she failed epically at it. What kind of half blood is afraid of danger?
Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:01 am

Jake laughed. "It's not as bad as it looks." He said. A moment passed as he looked at it. "Well. It is, but you get used to it."

He headed over to the lake next. "It's mostly just for swimming or canoeing. Some nymphs live in there as well, but they're friendly." Jake glanced up out of habit, to see if he could spot Agamemnon paroling the skies. Sure enough, the bronze silhouette of the dragon automation could be seen overhead. Jake liked the sight of it. Maybe it was just him.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:04 am

Caroline had just managed to close her mouth from the sight of the rock wall, and then sure enough it dropped again when she followed Jake's line of sight and saw a dragon flying in the sky. She's seen plenty of monsters on her way up here, but now a dragon?! She was sure that they were about to attacked and her dumb butt left the spear back at the armory! Tensing her muscles, she was ready to jump out of the way just in case it happened to attack.

Then she looked over at Jake and saw him smiling. Why the heck was this boy smiling? Was he crazy and liked fights? Or was it something else?

Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:16 am

Jake turned to Caroline, about to say something, but then he saw her suddenly tense and alarmed, not to mention looking at him like he was crazy. It wasn't a new look, but it took him several beats to figure out what he did this time. He glanced up again then back at her. Then a couple seconds later it clicked.

"Oh." He pointed up at the mechanical dragon. "Agamemnon. Camp Guardian." He clarified. He looked up at the automation again. "Wanna meet it?" He asked with a grin. So he liked giant robots. And he was the main person who worked on it. He also seemed to forget that most people are nervous at the prospect of a giant behemoth at such close range, friendly or otherwise.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:23 am

Camp Guardian? She heard him say that, at least she thinks she did, but it just wasn't clicking. Her mind just kept saying monster bad, but Jake has been so helpful and nice to her and he definently knew more about this world then she did. He even seemed excited about the dragon. Her muscles were still tense, but they were slowly starting to relax.

"Yeah, is it friendly?"

She gave him an uncertain look, full of questions wanting answers. If her eyes were grey, you would've swore she was a child of Athena because of how many questions she asked and curious she was.
Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:40 am

Jake nodded. "Yah, he's friendly." He said. He had gotten the foe-friendly recognition down pat, though it takes a few days to officially register a new person in the 'friendly' category, with him standing with her, the automation would be friendlier. Though Jake wasn't fully aware that it took most people a while to see exactly what was 'friendly' for the seemingly emotionless automation.

He walked a bit ahead, changing his pace to slower and slightly sideways, as he circled a bit to face where the automation was overhead. He gave a loud, sharp whistle. A distant part of him remembered a certain hellhound that might also come.
"Agamemnon!" He shouted up. He gave another loud whistle. He then waved his arms in the air. Granted, he probably looked rather ridiculous, but the automation circled around. "It'll be down in a few." He said, tilting his head towards Caroline.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:46 am

Caroline nodded, taking in a deep breath waiting for the dragon to come closer to the ground. Her muscles were slowly uncoiling and she wasn't nearly as tense as she was a few minutes ago, but you could still tell that she was just waiting for something to happen. She hated feeling this way, she wished she could be like Jake and seem so casual and not crazy like she probably looked. She really couldn't wait until this all felt normal to her.

"Is there anything else I should be expecting?"

She half teased, half actually asked. Kind of expecting something else, probably more terrifying, to make its way over here and probably catch her by surprise. Then she'd scream, Jake would probably laugh, and then she'd be embarrassed and have to hide her face from everyone.
Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:04 am

"Agamemnon tends to make a bit of wind when he lands, so your hair might get messed up." Jake said, missing what Caroline was actually asking. He tended to do that, especially when there was an automation to take up his attention.

At any rate, Agamemnon came down, as promised, along with the sharp gusts from its beating wings as it slowed down for a landing. Then, it landed, probably ten yards or so away. It folded its bronze wings and settled into place, giving Jake a look that could have been annoyed. Jake read it as 'Why are you calling me down again?'
Jake walked up to the mechanical dragon, grinning. "Yah, Yah, I'm showing you off again. Get over it you glorified scrapheap." Agamemnon rumbled. Insults of affection. Honest.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:14 am

As promised, Caroline's hair went everywhere. Not really worrying about because all of her focus was on the dragon that Jake was talking to, she just pulled out her hair tie and put it back into a sloppy pony-tail. She was clearly not a child of Aphrodite.

Following behind Jake, she gave the dragon a nervous look. She wasn't sure if it was just her but that dragon seemed annoyed and she did not want to deal with anything that was that big and annoyed. That was no bueno. Her muscles tensed all over again, she just couldn't help it. Her mind was telling her that everything was ok but her body was saying that it was not ok, it was just screaming danger.
Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:08 am

Jake patted Agamemnon's neck, probably rather oblivious to her nervousness.

"Well, this is Agamemnon: Camp Guardian and sometimes helps out in the training arena." He said, a bit proudly. He had that dorkish grin of his again. Agamemnon was definitely a high point of this last summer.

Agamemnon shifted and dipped its chin. It rumbled again, with a few clicks. A friendly hello for a new person. And probably noticing Caroline's nervousness more than Jake was. Jake was just oblivious to perfectly rational fears of giant killer robots. Even if he did run into a hostile version of Agamemnon, he'd probably forget he was supposed to be afraid of it.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Caroline inched closer to the dragon noticing that Jake was petting the dragon and not getting hurt. He was the Camp Guardian, and she was a member of the camp, so that made him her guardian in some way and guardians don't hurt people they're supposed to protect. Getting closer to the dragon she noticed that he wasn't at all what she expected, he seemed to be more like a robot but better. She didn't really know how to describe him, but whatever it was it was kind of incredible.

Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:07 pm

(Sorry about the wait.)

Agamemnon coolly examined Caroline, shifting its wings occasionally. Jake gave her a broad grin.
"Pretty awesome, right?"

Jake leaned back against the automation, still donning his stupid grin. He had exceptional pride in the automation, and that wasn't counting in the fact that it was extremely awesome. Combining dragons and giant mechas couldn't result in anything but something extremely awesome.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Caroline stopped staring at the dragon and looked back at Jake. He looked so happy, and it was kind of contagious. She couldn't help but grin goofily back at him.

"It's incredible."

Slowly, and carefully, she rested her hand on the dragon, half expecting him to snap at her she kept her arm tense ready to jerk it back away from him.
Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Agamemnon politely held still as Caroline touched it. The automation was probably used to these sort of reactions by now. People usually were awed by the sight, then liked to touch as well, as if to confirm what they were seeing. Agamemnon gave a light rumble.

"Agamemnon's fairly new to the camp, he was only finished just before the summer started." Jake said, providing a bit of backstory for the automation.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Caroline nodded her head at what Jake said, just a sign to show that she was paying attention. Looking at the dragon up and down, it was crazy to think that he was so young. Was it a he? Do robots have a gender? Caroline eye brows scrunched up as she got lost in thought. After a minute or two of thinking it over, she let the question go and looked back at Jake.

"That's so cool. Do you wanna keep walking?"
Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 pm

"Yah, of course." Jake patted Agamemnon's neck again. "Thanks buddy." Agamemnon rumbled. It then backed up several feet. Once it was a reasonable distance away, it took off again, resuming its patrol of the skies above the camp.

Jake jerked his focus back to the situation at hand. "We were heading to the lake, right?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroline Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:57 am

Caroline watched as the dragon flew away, she wondered what it'd be like to fly ontop of him. Would it be exciting? Terrifying? Or both? She figured she'd never know so she refocused on what Jake was doing and realized she only heard half of what he said, something about a lake...probably about how we were headed to the lake. At least she hoped that's what he said cause she didn't want to look like an idiot.

"Yeah, to the lake."

Caroline
Caroline

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Jake nodded, missing her lapse in attention. "To the lake, then." He confirmed, heading off again. They had almost been there, before the dragon stop.
So, in a few minutes, they were standing on the shore of the canoe lake.
"Well, here's the lake. Mostly for canoeing and hanging out."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next