Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satchels and Saddlebags (admin, please)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Satchels and Saddlebags (admin, please) - Page 2 Empty Re: Satchels and Saddlebags (admin, please)

Post  Syl Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:34 am

Syl clasped her hands together and tried not to stare. Daquiri was straight-forward, but Chiron understood that. Syl still had a hard time thinking about how Chiron must feel, living immortal for over centuries.
She... still didn't know what to say.
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Satchels and Saddlebags (admin, please) - Page 2 Empty Re: Satchels and Saddlebags (admin, please)

Post  Wes Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Chiron intertwined his fingers with a sigh. He understood that many of these kids desired to be normal and live in the 'real world' trouble-free. But he has also seen far too many lost when their recklessness and ignorance lead them to believe in the deluded idea that they could make it out there. He looked to the child that stood in front of him, his face both stern and gentle at the same time, "Where do you plan to go?"
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Daquiri's gaze faltered a little at Chiron's question. "I...I'll go back to my foster parents' house." But even as she said it, she wasn't sure she believed herself. For one thing, that was all the way back in Virginia and she was in New York--almost 340 miles away. Besides that, she didn't know how long she'd been gone. Her foster parents had already been having trouble with her, like they all did--they weren't going to believe her if she told them she'd been knocked out by vampires and kidnapped by a goat dude to a Greek-obsessed campsite. No doubt they'd contact her social worker and ask for her to be moved to a new foster family. That was what always happened.
  Did she really want to go back to that?
  And that was just it. She didn't. Which meant her only other option was fending for herself on the streets, alone.
  She didn't tell that to Chiron, but her disposition of defiance had lost its strength. Daquiri looked away.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:18 am

Jay had quietly followed them. 'But she shouldn't go, Chiron,' he said. 'No way is she gonna survive.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:13 pm

"She might be able to survive if she tried," Chiron said to Jay. "The question is," he turned to Daquiri, "assuming you were already very capable of defending yourself, how long would you be willing to fight? Out there, you would face many monsters - monsters far worse than the one that attacked you. They will not stop coming after you simply because you get tired of battle." He sighed and looked at her with the wisdom and kindness only an ancient centaur could posses, "I strongly encourage you to consider staying here."
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Daquiri didn't respond right away. Looking at Chiron, she saw so much wisdom there. As if he'd been alive for centuries. The thought tickled some sort of memory, but she pushed it back for the moment. The way he spoke, so kindly and genuinely...it was almost impossible not realize that what he said was true.
  But as she looked around at all of the faces in the room, the thought of staying twisted her stomach. It was clear that all of these people were different--opposite even, in some cases--and yet, they all seemed to get along for the most part. Furthermore, they protected each other. There was a sense of camaraderie among everyone she'd seen and everyone, in their own way, seemed to...care for one another. And that didn't sit well with Daquiri.
  Her entire life, ever since she was five, it had just been her. She hardly remembered her father; all she did remember was that when he died...it had destroyed her. Even at the young age of five, she understood that he would never be coming back. And she had promised herself that she would never let someone do that to her again. She wouldn't have to go through the pain of losing someone because she would never let anyone have enough of her heart to break it. And that was how she had lived for the past nine years.
  If she stayed here, she would have to deal with people, and who knew what other surprises. She would have to face people noticing her because of her looks, like people always had, but she wouldn't be able to completely slough them off--she would be living with these people. And that didn't exactly give her warm fuzzies of encouragement inside.
  But on the other hand, she had a feeling Chiron was right. If she stayed away from this place, alone or otherwise, it wouldn't matter how much fighting experience she had; sooner or later, a monster would come along that she wouldn't be able to defeat. And there wouldn't always be someone to save her.
  She would die.
  Thinking of monsters brought the ache back to her head, but now it felt more like a bowling ball pounding around her skull. It made her want to lay down, but she took a slow breath, trying to calm it. Nonetheless, it helped her come to a sort-of decision.
  "I'll think about it," she said quietly. She wrapped a hand around her braid to reassure herself.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:20 pm

((Was anyone gonna post, or were we ending this or...what?))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:18 pm

(I was gonna wait for one of those other bystanders to speak up, but that does seem like a good ending point to me...)
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:53 pm

((Haha, alright. I suppose Rhi will have to find out Chiron's a centaur later... Anyone wanna volunteer to give Daquiri a tour?))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:15 am

((I will!))
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:04 am

((Haha, okay. I'm trying to decide if Daquiri should go back to the Infirmary first to completely heal her head, since it's giving her some trouble...thoughts?))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2