Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another son of Ares

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another son of Ares Empty Another son of Ares

Post  Lydeck Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:38 am

'It's quieter here' he thought as his dark gaze met the larger trees which towered above him like titans. Jacksons life consisted of constant travel from town to town which was the unfortunate result of his Mothers Occupation which made him an army brat. For a moment he was lost in his surroundings as the contrast from concrete buildings to nature hit him harder than he expected, though one would expect such reaction from a City boy. When he returned to his reality the first thing that he was reminded of was his Family which led him to sigh "I still don't understand why they couldn't come" he was still too young to fully comprehend the situation. Initially he disagreed with his Mothers decision to send him to the Half blood Campus as his dream was to serve his Country. That was the excuse of course. With the blood of Ares running through his veins a lust for battle was innate and somewhat instinctual.

His body rested against a large flat trunk as he allowed his weight to succumb to gravity.

Lydeck

Drachmae : 60

Back to top Go down

Another son of Ares Empty Re: Another son of Ares

Post  Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:42 am

“I suppose you're new to camp?”
Lily had seen the boy by himself, scowling in disgust at something. An Ares KidShe thoufht quietly. she walked up to the kid and smiled. He was in the wierd space between a flashback and reality, thinking by himself. A tragic past? It didn't seem like it. She held her sword Aqua by one hand and played around with one of the braids she had done today. Lily liked braids. It was pretty and kept the hair from her eyes. Was this guy one of those. Hit and see kids? Hopefully not.lily had plenty of expirience with those kids. That was why she had uncapped Aqua, to defend herself. Well, she was prety good at Ti kwon do, but he could have a weapon on him. A swiss army knife at least, if he were to be a runaway of fugitive kind of camper.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:04 am

A gentle voice reached his ears as his mind wandered off on a train of thought which caused his gaze to shift to meet the young girl who stood before him. At first he was speechless. He prided himself in detection and his constant awareness of his surroundings but he was unable to hear a noise prior to this moment. Perhaps his senses were with his mind.

"How astute of you to notice" a small breath escaped his lips then shook his head "I apologize. I tend to lose myself when surprised" he was unable to detect her intentions as she readied her weapon as he was under the sound impression that he was safe within the barriers of the Camp. He had no reason to be hostile nor detect any hostilities in return. His gaze shifted once again to the weave of trees "So...which Immortal decided to lay with your Parent before leaving..." he was somewhat blunt on the question despite the fact that the two had literally just met. This was a sign of his hostility towards the Gods, a common trait many Demi-Gods faced.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:13 am

“Ir's all right. I have worser sympoms when it comes to phsycology. By the way, I'm Lily, daughter of Poseidon,” Lily said. She found him gazing at Aqua and she turned it back to a pen and put it in her pocket.“Don't worry, it's just in case something happens. You'll need a weapon soon, too”she said gently, trying to not look like a threat. Well. She never was-she looked like a weak thing of ten, most of the time. But she could fight. She sensed sarcasm and hostility in his voice. Common newbie demigod behavior, if not Titan army personality. There was another option too but...he couldnt be Roman, could he? “ Who are you?” she asked carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:26 am

Gentle laughter escaped his lips as he contained himself from erupting out fully as she revealed her Immortal Parent. "So...a daughter of the legendary Poseidon which makes you" he paused for a moment as his gaze switched to the transforming pen/sword in her possession "somewhat special even amongst the likes of our kind". He lifted himself from his seat standing a little more taller than the daughter of Poseidon the proceeded to dust off his attire.

Her question contained genuine curiosity but shades of doubt also exerted from her lips "I'm Jackson, son of Ma......Ares. I just arrived last week. Tell me daughter of Poseidon what it is you do here" his Mother was scarce on the details with regards to this Camp and he was vaguely filled in upon his arrival.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 am

“I think it would be best explained on a tour of camp. Of have you been led on one before?”Lily asked. There were too many things to explain in obe sitting. Besides, he needed a nww weapon, prefeerably by Jake. A spear would suit him well, as his arms looked pretty strong. She called to her puppy Honey
“Shall we go?”

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 am

"Where's the fire Daughter of Poseidon? As much as I enjoy the Camp I do not think I could endure yet another tour. There's only so many cabins I can look at in one week." Jackson pulled a small black iron cylinder from his pocked with was decorated with his 'Fathers' icon of spear and shield in ebony. To the ordinary eye it was nothing special but it held its own secret. The son of Ares turned around so his back faced the girl "When I first arrived I was shown the various activities we participate in. Capture the flag, sparring, all matters of games. Tell me Daughter of Poseidon, do you enjoy playing War? And are you any good with that.......weapon"

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:54 am

“oh I'm pretty good at fighting. But my half-sister is better. Shes an insructor here and the best fighter in camp,” she said as she gazed at the cylinder A weapon, of course. But what weapon? and was the son of Ares challenging her?

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:47 am

It was smooth and neatly polished as it rested in his hand, the cylinder handed to him by his Mother before she walked him to the barriers of the Camp. The item had only been in his possession for a week but it was all he required to find out its basic function while its other capabilities lay concealed. "The best fighter in camp you say? One could expect no less from a Daughter of Poseidon. I do not doubt your own skills are highly regarded" Jackson had no intention of challenging the young girl, it would offer him no pleasure. The same could not be said about her Sister, the so called 'best fighter' in camp. These were the times where Ares blood flowed strong in his veins as Jackson tends to adopt his Fathers arrogance and lust for battle, a challenge. "So, Daughter of Poseidon, where could I find a shield and a willing partner? Suffice to say my interests do not lie in anything other than combat."

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am

“A shield from the armory, a willing partner amywhere,”Lily answered easily. Good. He wasnt that bloody as the other Ares kids. They challenged anyone to a fight even if they met the other's eyes. They were considerably stupid,too. But Jackson seemed a lot more controlled. Romanlike. But if that was the case....he would have been at Camp Jupiter. But the fighter's blood was no doubt running in his blood. Hopefully he would not go wounding all the campers this summer.
((go ask Jake if you want a cool shield with multiple powers like transformation. Or regular ones can be found at the store. No dramactae needed... The system was cancelled ages ago.))

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:17 am

'Hey, Lily' Estelle noticed the two together. Lydeck, the new kid, with Lily, no doubt. 'I'm guessing you're Lydeck? Son of Ares, the god of war?' she asked, nodding to the boy. 'I'm Estelle Evergreen, daughter of Athena' She fidgeted with Silverstag a bit, sighed, and twirled the jade pendant at the end of her long, black hair. She plopped down, looking miserable.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:23 am

Fidgety Estelle.how DidShe poke around camp? For one thing, she seemed to be ignoring her cabin schedule, because Lily clearly remembered Athena cabin having sparing sessions today. “Aren't.you supposed to be at the arena with Alexis?” she asked. And how did she know Jackson?No doubt ir was from poking around in the Big house. But....only head councilors had acess to.... Right. Rumors. She turned her attention back to Jackson.with her heas full of ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:26 am

'I'm very sorry, but as you see, I am not.' She said calmly, stopping her fidgeting.'And I know Jackson because I accidentally heard your conversation. Yes, it was an accident, so I shall hope you do not blame me.' She said evenly. 'And plus, he looks like an Ares kid, obviously.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:34 am

“Oh. But i clearly remeber the schedule on the arena board,”Lily trailed off as she thought about it. She watched blindly as Honey chased a blue butterfly. BeautifulS with its fluid mobmvement. Her connection to reality-which had been holding for many days now- broke and she lost herself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Jackson nodded as the Daughter of Poseidon told him of an armory of some sorts or rather a person who had access to such wares. Before he decided to depart they were both approached by another young female who casually greeted them. He was in no mood for small girl talk, a 17 year old adolescent male had no interest in such things. As the two girls talked the son of Ares scoffed "Even among demigods girls still bicker. And pray tell little girl" his gaze rested on the newcomer "How does a child of Ares look? Do we have the same eyes? The same skin color?" his Father was a touchy subject, all Demigods could attest to that as they no doubt held some bitter thoughts as well with regards to their Immortal Parent. Before he departed he looked upon them both "Estelle, Daughter of Athena. Lily, Daughter of Poseidon. Since it seems quiet it unobtainable within these woods I have decided to train. Do you wish to join me?"

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:09 pm

“I will,”Lily uncapped Aqua and saw as the pretty pen turned into a pretty-And dwadly perhaps-sword.“and yes, you do look like an ares kid. Most kids of the same parent tend to have similar features.....though my sister and i look quite different,”Lily added as she inspected Aqua carefully.“Mind if i use my...um gifted abilities? Keep in mind you may get drenched,”

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 am

'Hey, don't forget me.' Estelle said, grinning.'I never fought an Ares kid before, and I'm gonna love it' She unsheathed Silversword, and her ingenious mind started to form a plan. Her eyes sparkled. 'Umm, your face might go bleeding, just keep that in mind.' She smiled apologetically.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 am

“This is a son of Ares we're talking about. He may not have water powers, but he'll be good at fighting. Maybe even better, if Ares is in favor of him,”Lily warned. It was never good to underestimate-or overestimate- one's opponentes. Lily had learn t that the hard way. Perhaps she should just not fight and see who would win. Ares was completely war-god but Athena was the tatician. But Ares kids were good at fighting as well. I guess using my powers isn't very fair here she thought as shebgazed the the two of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:39 am

'I am well aware of that fact. After all, he is a war god's son' She smiled. But she had the brains for fighting. Plus- she had a hidden weapon. The pendant.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:55 am

This was becoming a lot more interesting. Lily looked at Aqua, which was glwing slightly.Lily smiled. Her sword was a natural beauty, which shone more when she fought, he water weaving around it when she fought. Crafted by a daughter of Hephastus. She had crafted many swords like this. Just looking at it made Lily smile. “So what style? Tournament of team? I suggest one-on one....”

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:42 am

<OOC: Sorry for the delay in my posting, I have been extremely busy the past few days but I will make sure to make this a very fun rp>

To his surprise the two young girls accepted his invitation to training. Since his arrival he had encountered difficulties in making friends which could be the result of his bloodline. It seemed most offspring of Ares tended to be looked upon as troublesome children with a tendency for violence though it would be unwise to assume Jackson did not share similar traits. The sword surrounded in water caught his gaze as he thought on the rarity of the weapon, most likely one of a kind and fashioned to her strengths.

"Do not handicap yourself to suit my weaknesses Daughter of Poseidon. It will be unfair of me to ask that of you and as a Son of Ares I will not fight you on uneven grounds. We have nothing to gain by denying ourselves our natural abilities. Same goes for you Daughter of Athena." It was true, there was no advantage to denying Lily from using her abilities. If Jackson won he would feel as if he was allowed the victory due to her 'handicap'. With both Lily and Estelles weapon drawn Jackson firmly grasped the black iron cylinder in his hand causing the rod to extend instantly into a spear no longer than himself. Its primary function was close-mid ranged combat. His dark eyes rested on them both as he inhaled a deep breath, his eyes shining with excitement. This would be the very first Demigod he trained with and he had no intention of losing, then again, he had no expectation of winning. These two Daughters have most likely been honing their skills for years now.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:24 am

“I don't fjght demigods like this. But in a fight-which we have every year-you will see my full force,” Lily said as the water absorbed itself to the blade. She watched his weapon grow and she said “A spear.Nice choice. So how would you like to fight? Remember, We have no armor here so unless if we want one of us at the infirmary, we gotta be careful,”

OOC:That's all right Smile I have a good feeling in this....^-^

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:14 pm

His spear retracted into its compact form as Lily carefully explained the reality of someone getting seriously hurt, most likely himself he thought "Perhaps you are right. Is there an area where we could grab said armor and practice in a safer environment? Sharp weapons will be used but it will only be sparring none the less. I do not want to see anyone unnecessarily injured due to haste."

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 pm

“The Arena. But if we're careful, we can fight here.”Lil said as she capped Aqua. “Wanna go?”Lily asked. As she stuck hervpen in her pocket.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:49 pm

"The arena?" when he first arrived in camp he was given a quick tour of the facilities activities, buildings and areas but it was just that....quick. During his week on campus he had restricted himself to these woods and his dormitory as it still pained him to know he would not see his Mother for awhile or any of his friends from school. "Lead the way. You coming Daughter of Athena? It would be interesting to see if your Mothers reputation for combat astuteness runs in your blood" he offered a gentle smile to both as he felt the bonds of friendship slowly connect.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next