Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the anthill of the Myrmekes ( now approved )

3 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

the anthill of the Myrmekes ( now approved ) - Page 4 Empty Re: the anthill of the Myrmekes ( now approved )

Post  Skipper Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:07 pm

"Oka--!" Skipper only half-said the word before she screamed. One ant, the one she had been backspringing off of, had just pinched her really hard before her hands had hit it. She fell to the ground, in the middle of a billion ants. One stepped on her throat, blocking the air tunnels so that she fainted from lack of breath, and the others pinched her some more, picked her up on their backs, and carried her to their little anthill.

((TO THE ANTHILL!))

Skipper's eyes fluttered open. She could taste blood in her mouth, and felt dirt around her. When her vision became a slight bit clearer, but still not that clear, she realized where she was. In the middle of an anthill?!? Underground?!?! Skipper hated being underground. No space, and no fresh air. And being the daughter of wind she kind of liked her fresh air. She started hyperventilating. "DOMINIC! FRED!" she screamed between pants. Then, a ton of ants filed into the small section of the hill that she was in, and made a barrier that was closer to her than she would have liked them to be. She was still bleeding, but her wounds that had been healed had burst open again. So much for Dominic's healing powers. She screamed again "DOMINIC! FRED!"
Skipper
Skipper

Drachmae : 865

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

the anthill of the Myrmekes ( now approved ) - Page 4 Empty Re: the anthill of the Myrmekes ( now approved )

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:36 pm

ooc: before I post I need to make sure I got this right. Skipper has been carried off deeper into the caves correct?
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:51 pm

((Indeed...-_-))
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:07 pm

ooc: Ok then Smile we better wait for Fred after this post

Dominic batted at the ants with the end of his guitar as they closed in. One of them snapped at his arm causing him to yell out in pain as the mandibles chewed through his sleeve.
He grabbed one of its feelers and snapped it in his hand, causing it to screech and release his arm. The moment it was free he strummed the strings and transformed Kydoimos into a crossbow before shooting a bolt between the ants eyes.
He was about to turn to Fred and check on her, but then an ant crashed into him and pinned him down. He looked up at its gnashing head and struggled to push its pincers out of his face. He could feel something dripping from its mouth and over his hand and yelled as he felt a stinging sensation break out over his hand.
He could hear Skippers screams before she was knocked out and carried away, but he couldn't do anything. He was helpless.
His only hope was the daughter of destruction.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:17 am

Fred was on it. she jammed the blade of the flamberge in to the loose stones of the cave.
" Dom watch yer heed. this is why i wanted you two oot of the hive." she said levering the stones and causing a small cave in.
the cave in crushed several of the Myrmekes beneath the heavy stones.
" brilliant noo Skipper is lost. this just isney ma day is it?" she said running over to Dominic ans stabbing the ant. "im thinking you could use this." she said picking up a small ax from the litter of the hive and passing it to Dominic. " range is ok oot in the open its a good thing these guys collect metal. noo lets go get oor red princess back." she said slapping her palm with the sword.
Fred
Fred

Drachmae : 3209

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

http://fantasywar.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Dominic twirled the axe in the air and caught it in his good hand. he was thankful that the beast had been turned to dust, but his hand was still killing him from when the creature had hit him with the mystery liquid.
He lifted his hand to his eyes and glanced over it. His hand was blistering and red, but he didn't give himself time to register the pain.
'So the ants spit acid. Great.' Dominic said as he turned to follow Fred down another of the tunnels. They had no idea where they were going, but one of the tunnels had to lead to Skipper.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:51 pm

The ants were closing in on Skipper. "HOLLY HADES COME FAST!" she screamed or maybe I'll die... she added privately

Last edited by Skipper on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:28 pm

ooc: Erm what was the point of Skipper getting carried off if she could just save herself? Weren't Dominic and Fred about to come and rescue her? Razz
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:40 pm

((Yeah...but since I'm so awesome and so is she...she saved herself...naw, jkjk...I'll fix it Wink ))
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 pm

((OHSHMAY! I fixed eet!))
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:09 pm

ooc: Thank you Very Happy It was just a bit weird seeing Skipper get over powered by the ants one minute and then save herself from the very same hordes ants while injured and unarmed Razz

Dominic heard the scream echo through the tunnel and transformed his guitar into a crossbow, 'I think our princess is in trouble.' Dominic spoke before charging down the tunnel.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Fred rolled her eye and charged off following Dominic.
exposed roots scraped her bare legs thankfully she had retained her boots but she was freezing cold.
the flameberg fitted her hand perfectly. it was smaller than her claymore but it was a wicked weapon.
" fallow the noise we get her then go find Alexis."
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 pm

"HELP!!" Skipper screamed again. The ants were closing in on her, her vision was blurring, and she was completely weaponless.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:43 am

They charged into the area of the tunell where Skipper was being kept; a hollowed out cave of rock full of various pieces of a junk and covered with slimy bundles of ant eggs. Skipper sat in the centre of it all, surrounded by at least fifty ants who came at her with their pincers bared and dripping with acid.
It was obvious that they no longer wanted such noisy prey.
'You take the ones on the left, I'll take the right.' Dominic told Fred before racing forward. He jumped off the remains of an old refrigerator and whipped out his crossbow before sending bolts raining down on five of the ants.
They screeched as they were pinned to the ground before exploding into a cloud of dust.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 am

"Oh, hey guys! Thanks!" she said. One pinched her leg, almost taking it off. After making a sound of pain, she muttered "I hate insects..."
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:15 am

"tell me aboot it i think its the acid spit." Fred joked chopping into an ants head. " naw find nay treasure?" she asked with mock seriousness.
" kin wee get oot noo ma arse is freezing."
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:27 am

'Kill them all and then we'll talk about your freezing butt!' Dominic called out as he lopped off an ants antenna with his axe whilst firing bolt after bolt at the oncoming horde.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 am

"like i need an invitation to kill monsters." Fred joked.
" you ok there Skipper?"
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:10 pm

"Honestly, no." she admitted
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 am

" liar." fred joked finishing off an ant stabbing it in the eye.
"ok now we get oot."
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:57 pm

'Good idea. Help Skipper up, I'll try and bring this cave down on them.' Dominic spoke as he buried his axe into the head of an ant. He left it there and watched the beast disintegrate before he stepped back and pulled out his guitar.
He began to strum at the strings and at that point loud music began to shoot from the guitar and shake the walls of the cave. Chunks of rock began to fall from the ceiling.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:00 pm

"Oh, I'm not elderly!" she said "I know how to stand!" she stood up and suddenly, felt really lightheaded. The cave started spinning. She stumbled back and blinked. "Nevermind what I said about being able to stand..." she said. Her pinched leg was throbbing.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:05 am

" never mind let me help you up. noo lets get oot the bacon is on me." Fred said helping skipper to her feet and heading to the mouth of the ant nest.
Fred
Fred

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:19 pm

As they ran out the ant hill Dominic continued to play his guitar. The sound bounced off the walls causing the cave to rumble and crumble behind them. While they rushed to escape Dominic took a quick glance behind him at the terrors that scuttled after them and felt his blood run cold. He hit the strings of his guitar and watched as more rocks fell and trapped the ants behind a wall of rock. It wouldn't hold them, the ants would escape, but by then they would be far far away.
He let out a sigh of relief as they ran into daylight. It was good to be outside.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Skipper basked in the fresh air. She loved fresh air. A jolt of pain shot through her leg, another rush of blood poured from the open gash. "Okay," she said "I have one sliver of energy left and I plan to use it to limp back to Camp." she ended "How 'bout you guys? Everyone okay? Everyone alive?"
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum