Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dominic's Family Issues

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dominic's Family Issues Empty Dominic's Family Issues

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Dominic lay upon a picnic rug amongst the strawberry plants. His eyes closed as he relaxed on the soft material and let them smell of the strawberries fill his lungs. In his hands he held his guitar which he stummed at with a content smile on his face.
He hadn't been at camp for long, and for the most part his experience had been a mind bending nightmare, but recently Dominic had started to enjoy himself at camp.
He supposed that making friends was one reason. Learning how to disembowl a manticore was a lot easier to cope with when he practiced alongside his friends. Having them around to have fun with and talk to about problems he was facing made things a lot better.
It was a shame that there was one issue that he couldn't talk to them about. A problem had been playing on his mind ever since he found out he was a demigod. A thought he couldn't shake no matter how much he tried.
He let out a deep sigh changing the song he was playing from the Beatles 'A Hard Days Night' to Jimi Hendrix 'Purple Haze'.
Could he open up to them? Could he seek their advice? Could he really place that burden them?
His thoughts were interupted as he heard someone walking him.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Dominic's Family Issues Empty Re: Dominic's Family Issues

Post  Skipper Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Skipper walked through the strawberry fields, brushing her fingertips across the fresh plants. She was summoned torwards Dominic Moss when she heard the soothing music of a guitar. The sound was amazing. She walked up to him.
"I enjoy your playing." she said simply, gazing at him with her bright eyes, her red hair set back behind her slim shoulders.
Skipper
Skipper

Drachmae : 865

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:30 pm

'Thank you.' He replied, fighting the urge to feel unbelievably embarassed that someone had over heard him playing, 'Skipper right?' He asked, sitting up from the picnic rug and turning to face her, gesturing to an empty space for her to sit.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 pm

"Yeah..." said Skipper. She sat on the spot she had offered "And I believe that you're Dominic Moss? The new kid?"
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:56 am

'Son of Apollo.' He said with a nod, 'Not that anyone would know it seeing as he's never spoken to me once.' He said before sighing angrily. Noise filled the area as he began to play an angry tune on his guitar. A hard and jagged song, something that sounded vaguely like a song from Metallica.
When he realised what he was doing he quickly dropped the guitar and ran a hand through his hair before sighing again, 'Sorry, still adjusting to the whole; 'Your dad is a busy person because he controls part of the universe' deal.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:57 pm

"Well...we all have a hard time adjusting to the new 'I'm-a-demigod' thing." admitted Skipper "It took me a few years alone to learn how to control the winds and use them correctly." continued Skipper "But as time goes by...you learn to fit in at Camp...trust me, you aren't alone...new kids come all the time...and most of the time with great stories to tell." said Skipper. "And I'm sure you've got a story to tell yourself...we all have our past stories...the mortal world just never suits us..." Skipper finished. She hoped she wasn't making him uncomfortable or anything. Skipper really didn't want to make the new kids feel awkward...they didn't appreciate that kind of attention considering most of them don't take that they're a demigod very well.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:24 pm

'Wise words.' Dominic said with a nod as he listened to Skipper, 'Was difficult when I got here, I really freaked out, but things are improving little by little.' A grim smile on his face.
'And I got a story, but its pretty tame.' He said with a sigh, 'While I was on vacation with my step-dad and my bro I got lynched by a cyclops. One eyed freak wanted to eat me and wouldn't let up no matter how far I ran. Through dumb luck I managed to get to camp and kiill it before it could find out how I tasted unseasoned.'
He paused for a moment. Something niggled at him, as if he missed something important 'Although, now that I think about it, before I whacked its head off somebody shot arrows into its hand. Never did find out who.' He said before scratching his chin, 'What about you? You got a story?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Skipper laughed a bit at the small jokes in his story. "Well...not as unfortunate as most people that I've heard stories from...but mine is pretty interesting." she started "I grew up in Alaska but my mother couldn't spend that much time with me because she was so busy so I had a pretty nasty nanny named Giavanna...not the kindest women you ever met. And then when I turned eight my mother died of some unknown disease or something...then I went to this abusive orphanage and dyed my hair bright red...and on my 12th birthday I came here." she finished "But I've heard people with harder lives...sure, I've still got scars and bruises from Giavanna and the orphan girls but some people have lost a whole ton more than that."

And it was true. Skipper still had a scar, one long one right diagonal across her stomach, but she had seen people without ears and teeth before...it was pretty extreme.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 pm

'Sometimes the worst monsters can be regular people.' Dominic said and frowned sympathetically.
'Monsters can be pretty simple with their evil. They attack us with claws, fangs, magic and other deadly things, but people are the ones that can get to us.' Dominic said, 'They're the ones that can hurt us both physically and emotionally. They're the ones who can manipulate us, tear us down or lie to us.'
The last sentence made Dominic take a hard swollow. A lump had formed in his throat as he thought about the issue that had been playing on his mind for the last few days.
'But enough about that.' Dominic spoke and waved his hand dismissively, 'Lets go back to complaining about our dads. Thats always more fun.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Skipper laughed "Mine is an officially insane weatherman that has to change the forcast every three seconds to suit every single god or goddess and there for has been driven mad...so he's pretty...weird." admitted Skipper "It's probably why I'm so...odd." said Skipper
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:09 pm

'Really? Sounds like you've got you're head screwed on alot more than he has.' Dominic spoke, 'So you've actually met you're dad?' He asked cocking his head to one side while his fingers began tuning the strings of the guitar.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Skipper nodded "Only for about thirty seconds..." she admitted. "What about your dad?" she asked
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:50 pm

'Lets see...between now and the time I got to camp...' Dominic's voice trailed off. He pretended to check a nonexistant watch on his wrist, 'Never. Not once. Ever.' He said with a sigh, 'Maybe he won't see me because my grades are bad or I forgot to do my chores.'
'What was your old man like?' He asked curiously.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:29 pm

"Not what you think the wind god should look or act like...he's kind of a freak." she said "And we all have bad grades...I have hopeless ADHD and dyslexia...but you probably aren't much different."
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:44 pm

'Correct.' He said with a sigh before he lay back on the blanket, 'Mom always got on me about my grades. Told me that I need to focus more otherwise I'll miss out on everything important.'
He was quiet for a moment. An image of his Mom was flashing in his head. A proud woman attractive woman with dark hair and tanned skin, always dressing in bright colors.
'I miss hearing her advice.' He mumbled, 'Wish she were here now, I really need to ask her a lot of questions.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Skipper sighed, remembering her own mother. A tall, confident woman with flowing brown hair, light blue eyes and thin, circular glasses "I agree...what was your mother like?" she asked.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:50 pm

'Mood...swingy.' He replied after a moments thought, 'She was lovely, but she had a habbit of randomly changing her mind.' He said, a grin spreading over his face, 'Like this one time, me and Clyde made a water slide in the backyard and she told us to take it down. Then the next minute she came out and helped us make it twice as big.'
He laughed at the memory, 'She ended up going on it a few times herself.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:46 pm

"Mine was self-confident and humourous..." said Skipper "And she wasn't strict at all...who was Clyde? Your brother?" she asked, hoping it wasn't a nosy question.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:56 pm

He froze as she asked the question. The cold feeling in his stomach had returned.
'Y-Yeah...my brother.' He said with noticable hesitation.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Skipper could tell that she should change the subject "So...where're you from?" she asked. He might have said it before that Skipper hadn't heard but she had already asked it so she couldn't take it back.
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm

'Florida.' He mumbled, the cold thought that had surfaced still playing on his mind, 'Place of alligators, oranges and disney land. How about you?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 pm

"Alaska." responded Skipper "Everyday I would dump juice into the snow and eat it as a snow cone." she said "It's colder than you think."
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:42 pm

'Son of a sun God who comes from a sunny place and daughter of a wind god that comes from a cold windy place. What are the odds?' He asked before chuckling to himself.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipper Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Skipper laughed "Well...it does make sense...one time my mom wanted to move to Canada but I thought it was cold enough in Alaska." she said "Have you lived in Florida your whole life?" she asked

((OOC: Blarr...trying to make conversation))
Skipper
Skipper

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:56 pm

'Up to the point I came here.' He said with a smile, 'Kind of miss the place. I mean, I know that if I went back I'd be constantly on my guard, but it would be nice to hit the beaches again.' He spoke before smiling warmly, 'That'd be nice. Going down to the beach with a surf board, maybe bring Clyde along so I can watch him attempt to surf and fall in a few times.' He said before chuckling. Then his insides went cold again as he thought of Clyde.
'Hey...you have any brothers or sisters? You know, outside of camp?' He asked solemnly whilst gazing at a ripe strawberry as if it were the cause of all his problems.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next