Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training the Runt (Open to two people)

2 posters

Go down

Training the Runt (Open to two people) Empty Training the Runt (Open to two people)

Post  Gusty Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:08 pm

Gusty ran a hand through her hair as she walked into the arena, a grimace formed upon her red lips as she realized how short it felt compared to how she had previously had it but she supposed, it stopped the wind from making it a distraction. Recently Chiron had let her out of camp for a few mere hours so she could have it cut but, as an extra treat for herself, she had an electric blue streak put through her fringe. It suited her, along with filling the girl with some much needed confidence.

It was not often Gusty would show her weaknesses to people around her but she had practically bawled her eyes out talking about the death of her mother to her sister and for now, she needed to take her mind off of the whole ordeal. The thirteen year old knew she wasn't particularly strong or fast in the fleets of battle but, she could become better. Mistakes were better to be made in a practice arena than in a real fight and at least here, she wouldn't get punished for making them.

Turning her watch, Gusty smiled as it turned into a sword and turned to one of the dummies. She began to swipe at it, putting all of her power into every single blow, listening to the sound of metal beating on wood. Her jaw was set stubbornly as she slashed at it's neck watching the entirety of it's stuffing spilling slowly out from the slashes she had created.

Finally, she aimed her sword and spun on the spot slashing it's stomach twice as she turned. However, at the end, she lost her balance over something and fell backwards a few paces landing straight into someone.

"Ouch."
Gusty
Gusty

Drachmae : 366

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Training the Runt (Open to two people) Empty Re: Training the Runt (Open to two people)

Post  Charlie L Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:52 pm

Charlie sat to the side of the arena. While she didn't think it really worthwhile to train in close combat as much, given the fact that she wasn't exactly physically capable. No it was usually better for her to focus on her aim at the archery range, or better yet sharpening her wits. Still she did know better than to avoid the arena completely, though there was another reason she spent time in the arena, primarily to observe how skilled other campers were.
She was aware that there was likely a spy, if not multiple in camp, and it was best to know who best to be able to count on if she did find herself a target of theirs. She wouldn't start a witch hunt, and honestly didn't think it was likely she'd be a target, though with her habit of...acquiring secrets that people seemed to be keeping in camp it might be better to be prepared.
She'd been walking towards one of the dummies, mostly so she could hide her true reason for being there by at least pretending to practice when somebody suddenly she found herself knocked over by somebody.
"wha-" she managed to get out before hitting the ground
Charlie L
Charlie L

Drachmae : 176

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Training the Runt (Open to two people) Empty Re: Training the Runt (Open to two people)

Post  Gusty Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 pm

"I'm sorry." Gusty said groaning from pain as she pulled herself to her feet before offering her hand to the girl she had knocked over, her blue fringe cascaded her eyes from view as she heaved the girl back onto her toes. A red tint of embarrassment had rose to her cheeks as she quickly began to ramble to make up excuses.

Making sure that the bandage on her hand was covering her mark of the Titan's Army the girl frowned softly, "I'm a little clumsy. Please accept my apology. I'm Gusty Charm, daughter of Zeus. More commonly known as the runt. Are you hurt? I'm quite good with injuries..." She extended her left hand knowing that a handshake could affect the way you perceived someone. She was dressed in a camp half blood top with a grey denim jacket over the top.

Sheathing her sword, Gusty ran a hand through her hair.
Gusty
Gusty

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Charlie scrutinized the other girl briefly, the girl was slightly taller than her , though not by much, she was amused by the girl's comment regarding being known as a runt, and gave a sympathetic look knowing how it felt to be the runt of the litter. She did recognize the girl vaguely as one of the Zeus kids, since she made it her business to know everything going on in camp and anyone worth noting. She took the offered hand and stood up, dusting herself off briefly before turning back to the girl with, noting the blue streak of hair with a raise of an eyebrow, that was definitely new.

"Charlie,   and I'm fine. Just surprised me...." Charlie said, she noticed the girl's attention  moved to a bandage, but rationalized it was likely an injury  of some kind.  "Weren't you the one who went on that quest with Axel?"
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Gusty Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:09 am

"Oh Axel," Gusty smiled as if amused, she and the son of Hermes had a rivalry that was unchallenged, of course she acted as though she hated him but inside, she knew that she didn't. It was almost like a brotherly bond except she wasn't a boy.

"Yeah that's me. I'm sorry I didn't recognise you, I'm usually a little forgetful, faces are easier then names eh? So why are you here?" Gusty asked, "I mean you aren't usually s fighter are you?"
Gusty
Gusty

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:44 pm

"I prefer using...other talents." Charlie said vaguely. "Still i wanted to get some practice in." Charlie glanced back at the bandaged hand, she didn't remember hearing about anything causing an injury like that, and it didn't make any sense to her. considering the size of the bandage. Granted she couldn't keep track of every odd scratch campers got, especially one who spent alot of time in the arena.
"What happened there?" she asked, gesturing to the bandaged hand.
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Gusty Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:38 am

"Oh, this?" Gusty said lifting the hand, "It's a scar that was ripped open the other day when I was sparring with someone. If it had been anywhere else I don't think the practice swords would even draw blood but scars, well apparently they're a little sensitive. It's stopped bleeding but I'd prefer not to injure myself again." The daughter of Zeus was a very swift liar, she knew some people who told their lies so much that they started believing them and she wished this would happen to her.
Gusty
Gusty

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down