Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sudden Appearance

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Sudden Appearance Empty The Sudden Appearance

Post  Aki Takana Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Aki hurried along in the dead of night, afraid that the creepy animal would catch up to her again. It wasn't until too late that she realised there was a tree root over her foot and she tripped, tumbling down the hill. She sat up and her eyes widened as a gasp escaped her mouth.

"This definitely wasn't here before," she mumbled in awe and confusion. She scoped herself off the ground and brushed down her cargo pants. A black band t-shirt hung loosely on her body with a large, black, zippy jumper over it. Multiple bands and straps lined her right wrist. The only thing that didn't fit in with her whole emo-rock chick look was the gold locket around her neck. She fiddled with it nervously, indicating that she wore it often and had it a long time. She stepped forward, her black boots slinking through the grass. A small breeze ruffled her hair as she headed toward the only building she had seen before. A large, ranch style house with multiple stories and a porch. She stepped up onto the porch before knocking on the door and pushing it open with a loud 'creeeak'.

"Hello?" she called nervously, her grey eyes darkened with eye liner flitting around to try and see through the darkness.
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Drachmae : 47

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Undeterminded
Items :

Back to top Go down

The Sudden Appearance Empty Re: The Sudden Appearance

Post  Marita Black Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Alex yawned, she had just watched the sunset from that branch and must have dozed off. It was really late. Just then an emo looking girl rushed under neath the branch she was sitting on. Alex almost laughed when the girl tripped over a tree root, but the girl looked really spooked. Intrigued Alex watched as the girl took a bit of a spill down the hill. There was a noise behind Alex so she scampered down the tree and made her way up the hill hiding in the shadows and behind trees. She wasn't supposed to be out this late anyways and was about to head back to the cabins, also she was farther away from the camp then she would usually go and it made her even more anxious to get back.
Right as Alex got to the top of the hill near the big house she saw the girl open the door to the big house.
"Hello?"
Alex walked up behind her, making no noise at all.
"Hey, what are you doin--" Alex was interrupted by a large growl behind her. She jumped off the big house porch unsheathing her matching combat knives.
"You any good at fighting?!" she yelled to the girl over her shoulder.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Drachmae : 253

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hermes
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:02 pm

"Are you any good at fighting?"

Aki almost squealed at the girl suddenly appearing behind, something which is very out of character for her. She then saw the beast that had followed her. She couldn't even begin to describe it. It had four legs, that she was certain of, and a great, hulking figure. It was so dark, it almost disappeared into the night and it had strong, sharp, knife-like teeth.

"What is that thing?" Aki breathed, terrified. She noticed a long plank of wood that was loose on the porch floor and she heaved it out of it's position. It was much too heavy for her to hold up steady but, if worse came to worst, she figure she could swing it if she got enough momentum behind it.

She just hoped to god the other girl knew what she was doing.
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Alex had obviously surprised the girl, but hey, she would be surprised too if she was out at the middle of the night and being stalked by a monster.
The girl seemed to be reaching for a large plank of wood. The wood would probably just be a burden if the monster attacked the other girl. Alex's magic item was in her pocket, a spray paint can that shot fire. "Do you need a weapon?" but by the time she said that the monster swung one of it's heads towards Alex. It was a hydra. Alex had fought Hydra before in an abandoned warehouse in Detroit but she wasn't particularly pleased to have to fight one again. "Don't cut off any of the heads, and watch out they spit." Alex threw one of the knives into the ground a foot in front of the other girl and yanked out her can of fire.
"Hey ugly!" she shouted at it rolling out of the way right as a head nipped at the area that Alex had just been standing. "Didn't get enough last time, huh?!" She sprayed some fire at one of it's heads. And continued to leap around it keeping it's attention.
She reallllllllly hoped that the other girl would have more luck with the knife than the giant plank of wood.
Any sleepiness that Alex had before was gone filled with adrenaline and excitement.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Aki stared at the knife that had landed at her feet. "I can work with that," she murmured. She scooped up the knife and dropped the plank of wood. The other girl flitted about, taunting the monster and holding a can of...spray paint?! Aki now felt guilty. The girl had giving her the only weapon she had. Aki's grey eyes narrowed as she watched the monsters movements.

It seemed to favour it's back legs and it's left side but, with all it's heads there was no way Aki would be able to attack the front. Instead she focused on the back of the beast, where it's tail connected to it's torso. She knew this was a weak spot for all reptiles which the monster certainly looked like. She made sure the other girl had the monster distracted and, heeding her warning about the heads, began making her way towards the tail.
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Alex saw the girl moving out of the corner of her eye. She raised the aerosol can and shot a huge thing of flames at the two heads farthest from the other demigod. The monster hissed and swung the other seven heads all towards Alex. Her pulse was pounding in her ears but it was quickly drowned out by the next insult that she threw at the monster. In one fluid movement she jumped towards the monster gave a few quick slashes at the area below the head, and jumped back. The monster was getting even madder and getting shot in the faces with fire wasn't helping it's mood.
All of the sudden it roared with all nine heads.
I hope that girl found a weak spot, thought Alex and shot even more fire into the now open mouths of the beast.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Aki smirked at as a column of flames soared towards the heads of the monster. She crept towards it's tail, having to duck down more than once to avoid it's swishing. The other girl was certainly keeping the heads occupied.

Aki was now right by the monster's back legs but she couldn't get a clear shot at the base of the tail. "Ah, screw it," she growled. She jumped onto the tail with the knife raised high and brought it down in a fluid motion into the monster. The crunching of shattered bones was drowned out by the screeching of five different heads that had their attention now on Aki. The brunette gulped and release the knife from it's spot in the monster, much to it's chagrin. She leaped off the monster's tail and ran back to the porch where she had left the plank of wood.

The monster reared up and Aki dragged the plank back to it. She swung it full force into the monster's back which wasn't much but appeared to deter the monster a bit. She gasped in awe and horror as it began disintegrating into dust and flowing away in the wind.

"This has got to be the weirdest weekend I've ever had," Aki panted as she flopped down into the grass. "And that's saying something."
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:36 pm

"YYEAHHHHH BABY!!!" Alex screamed with a half crazed laugh! "THAT WAS SO MUCH FREAKING FUN! WOOOO HOOOO!" it hit Alex that it was probably 2 or 3 in the morning and that she had probably woken anybody who hadn't already been awakened by the hydras roar. She laughed and fell down onto the grass next to the other girl.
"That was the most amazing middle of the night wake up I've had in the last couple months! It was even more fun then seeing the Satyr with the wedding cake on his head at 1:30 a.m.!" she was giggling on the grass. That's when she realized that she was actually happy, it was the first time in a long time that she felt genuinly happy! It must have had to do with the fact that it was reallllly early in the morning, or just really late at night. She rolled onto her side to face the other girl "I'm Alex by the way, and I'm not usually this insane!" then she rolled back onto her back and looked up at the stars. There was somebody on the porch of the big house yelling at them to get up but Alex kept laying happily on the hill covered in monster dust.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:43 pm

"I'm Aki and I like insane. It's an added twist," Aki grinned back, still confused about the satyr with the wedding cake. She stared up at the stars, a luxury that she never saw back in the city. It was so quiet after the monster disappeared but Aki liked it.

"Where am I anyway?" she asked, half to Alex, half to no one in particular. "And what was the overgrown lizard monster?"
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:57 pm

"I swear I'm not usually that crazy! It's nice to meet you Aki, I'm a daughter of Hermes... sorry if I scared you earlier. You're at Camp Half-blood, I take it you're probably new if you don't know what a Hydra is. It's also like 2 in the morning. And that's the big house. Oh we're probably going to go have to talk to someone about how you got here." Alex sat up and stretched her arms out. Sure enough there was a shout coming from the big house. "That's our cue," she stood up and reached out a hand to Aki, "you're going to love it here!"
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Aki reluctantly left her spot on the ground. The adrenaline had completely left her body leaving her wondering how she had done something like that? It was extremely unlike her! She took Alex's outstretched hand as the shouting from the 'Big House' as Alex called it reached her ears.

"Is that guy a...horse?!"
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Retrieving her two daggers and magic-fire spraying- aerosol can from the ground she responded to Aki's comment "Yeah, he's pretty awesome. And I'm probably going to have to do some explaining for why I was out of my cabin this late."
She headed up to the big house. This was one crazy night.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Conrad waltzed to the front of the big house. He was feeling a little bit bored that day and decided to go on a walk because of it. Walking usually helped clear his mind about things, it did get pretty backed up there every now and again. And walks where the perfect medicine for his sweet, sweet insanity. As for the reason he was walking at two 'o'clock in the morning. Well, lets just say it has to do with pranks and annoyance. When he saw two kids talking at the front of the big house he decided to walk over to them "So, how goes it on this fine, fine morning under the stars?" He inquired softly.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Alex saw the other boy approaching out of the corner of her eye and then turned to realize that it was Conrad. She had seen him around at the arena when she was had been working on her combat skills. They had never really talked before but hey! what better time to meet someone then after a monster fight in the middle of the night outside of the big house where they all were probably going to get a rather stern talking to.
She grinned at his remark "Oh you know, pleasant. Just killing monsters and helping out slightly lost demigods, all in a days work I guess. What brings you to the big house at this time in the morning?" she asked him. Then noticing Aki she turned back to her "Aki, Conrad. Conrad Aki." She wondered if there was any history between the two demigods in front of her, probably not, but she could always wonder. She continued walking towards the big house.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:29 am

Aki nodded her head to Conrad after Alex's introduction. "I'm the lost demigod Alex was referring to," she smiled at Conrad before turning back to Alex with a stern look. "And you still haven't told me what the lizard monster was. I'm so confused right now!" she threw her hands up in the air and gazed expectantly at Alex, her oddly grey eyes glinting in the pale moonlight.
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:42 pm

((*clears throat* I think that would be Conrad's Que... unless you guys want me to post again, I'm feeling a little post-aholichy with posting every other))
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:02 pm

( you guys just go ahead, I need to get back my motivation X( )
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:26 pm

(Alright then, hope you get your motivation back soon)
"Oh that's right! You don't have any idea do you?" she asked realizing that it had been six years since Alex had been unaware of monsters and Greek gods. "Well that scaly, reptilian, squirting beast just so happened to be a Hydra, nasty fellows, and we're very lucky that we killed it without knocking off one of it's heads. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, you fought really well. I'm impressed you were able to work so well with me your first time, most people are a little slower to follow my plans. Anyways, if you're not claimed already you'll probably end up coming back to my cabin. It's a little crowded and you should keep a close hand on your wallet but it's cozy and you'll love it." Alex was a little shocked at herself for talking so much, usually she just gave direct responses or taunted people. But there was something about this Aki girl, she was smart, and pretty, with striking eyes. She just seemed like somebody that Alex could see herself becoming friends with in the future.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Aki stared blankly ahead. All she had heard was Hydra. Everything after that went in one ear and out the other. "Hydra?" she asked, shocked. "As in Greek monster with poisonous breath? Hercules killed one? They're the offspring of Typhon and Echidna? That Hydra? Because I think it's a bit big to be the other one..."
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Alex tilted her head to the side, a bit like a puppy, puzzled at why the girl looked so shocked. "ummm, yes, that Hydra. How did you know that it was the kid of Typhon and Echidna? 'Cuz I can barely remember stuff like that..." Her last comment was stuck in her ears, "did you say 'other one'?"
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:55 pm

"I've always had a fascination with mythology and my Dad's a professor of mythology so I kind of grew up with those type of things as my bed time stories," Aki grinned awkwardly. "And a hydra is also a fresh-water animal that is a few millimeters long." Aki explained, like knowing fresh-water genera was common knowledge.
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:22 pm

Alex kept glancing over at Aki's striking eyes. The way she just said all these facts like it was common knowledge. Alex had seen people act like that all the time, every day in fact. "That's cool, I never grew up with a dad around." Alex said looking up at the stars. "I mean he was there and stuff, just never in person. Sometimes my mom would take us on a trip, we didn't have money for plane tickets but somehow we always got first class..." Alex kept looking at the sky. "Anyways, it must be cool having a dad read you bedtime stories and stuff." Alex had stopped walking and figured that people from the Big House could come to them, it was just a bit farther up the hill anyways. "So I take it that if you're dad was the one taking care of you then you probably already know that you're mom is probably a goddess?"
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:17 pm

"Probably," Aki shrugged. She still felt odd about the concept of having a Goddess as a mother but there was nothing really wrong about it. It just freaked her out. "So, who's your Dad then? And how do you know who's your parent?"
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Alex could tell the idea was pretty strange to the other girl. Alex had been there herself, it was weird being the kid of a god. Surprisingly the other girl was taking it really well. She had an awesome poker face in Alex's opinion, which was saying a lot from a kid of Hermes. "Oh, forgot to mention that, my dad is Hermes. God of messengers, travelers and thieves," she said giving a little bow and making a slicing motion across her neck when she said thieves. Alex had already sized up Aki while she was following her earlier in the night and had decided to be nice and not steal anything. "He claimed me on the night of my thirteenth birthday, which was the day after I got to camp. That was around a year and a half ago." Just then a cold breeze rustled through the trees, Alex was glad that it wasn't snowing at the moment. She pulled her jet black hoodie around her. Her converse were also soaked through. "With any luck you'll be claimed soon, if you're not already. Let's get up to that house and see if they have any coffee! Or ahhhh... hot chocolate," she said looking over at Aki wondering if she was a coffee person.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Takana Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:13 am

Alex's proposal met delighted ears and Aki hummed in delight. "What I wouldn't give for a mocha right now," she smiled blissfully, imagining her favourite drink. Her stomach growled. "And a cheese toastie."
Aki Takana
Aki Takana

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next