Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letting out the Stress

Go down

Letting out the Stress Empty Letting out the Stress

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2014 10:39 am

Lily focused on the dummy before her, blue eyes set in slight anger. Balling up a fist, she began to work away at the poor thing rapidly, until her fists were raw and stinging. Breathing hard, she wiped the sweat away and glared at the dummy as if she'd murder it if given the chance.

Back to top Go down

Letting out the Stress Empty Re: Letting out the Stress

Post  Cerulaen Tue May 13, 2014 11:46 am

Daquiri always tried to keep to herself when training. She preferred being alone to practice, where she could evaluate her own fighting and stew over how to improve on her own. She was always the one in combat training who silently listened and watched so she could learn the new moves without having to ask questions. And when your training partners were the rest of the Aphrodite Cabin...there weren't many others willing to be quiet or watch anything besides their reflections in their bronze weapons.

However, one girl caught her eye. The first time she'd really noticed the blonde, curly-headed girl was at her claiming several months ago, and she had since learned that her name was Lily. Even without all the gossip she'd heard circling around the Aphrodite Cabin about the girl, it was pretty obvious from her necklace that she was a senior camper. Considering Daquiri's own size, she really couldn't get away with calling anyone small--but Lily was of the slighter side, thin and maybe shorter than the average person. She'd always had one of those sweet and innocent demeanors that the redhead rather despised, but now... well, she almost looked like a different person. And she had a rather... interesting fighting style.

Throwing her dagger into a dummy not too far from Lily, Daquiri walked over to pull it out and then paused by the blonde on her way back. Deciding to keep her dagger unsheathed just in case, she raised an eyebrow at the girl. "I don't normally care how other people win their fights, but... I think your hands are in serious danger of falling off."

((Sorry. I think it's impossible for me to write short posts.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 14, 2014 3:12 am

((Nono, I like long posts....but I suck at them..oops))
Lily whipped back, looking at the redheaded daughter of Aphrodite. Yes. She'd recognize her-Daquiri if she remembered correctly-anywhere. Lily didn't really like girls like Daquiri. She liked to keep the peace, and things sort of got inflammatory when she was around. Or that was what she thought. Lily examined her hands absent mindedly. Compared to the two soft white ones she started out with, her hands were now red and nearly bleeding. The blonde let out an annoyed little snort.
"They don't do much when they're on me anyway," she said sullenly. But she'd probably need to go to the infirmary later....which she wasn't very keen about.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sat May 17, 2014 10:26 am

Daquiri narrowed her eyes at the girl's response. Great. Pity party time. Lily decidedly had less in common with herself than she might have thought. The redhead pressed her lips together in a , Well, then, sort of way. "Right. Well, I'm not the motivational speeches type, so... I'm going to walk away now." She turned to walk away, then looked back over her shoulder for a moment. "Don't forget to let the dummy punch back every once in a while."

((Hopefully that's respond-able enough, cuz if Ri's gonna stick around, she's gonna need some prompting... Sometimes it really sucks keeping her in character.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 17, 2014 10:48 am

"Oh please. I'm sick of motivational speeches," Lily responded indifferently. The last person who had tried to give her one still sort of avoided her if nessesary. Maybe shooting him in the face with salt water wasn't a smart choice. She was sick of having others pity her. Life liked to cheat on her a lot, and she was sick of it.
Suspecting that Daquiri would walk away, the blond shrugged indifferently.
"'Pose you don't like girls like me...well I'm trying to be different now. Not the little girl with braids and dreams. D'you- do you think I'm making progress?" She said simply,smiling a little. Maybe she could get closer to the daughter of Aphrodite. Maybe the few makeovers she'd had from her half-siblings wouldn't give her the best impression,  but Lily liked to have diversity when it came to friends. Smug ones, kind ones, it really didn't matter.
Time, had taught her that.
((.....I should have thought this over before I wrote it...maybe I'll edit it later.))

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu May 22, 2014 10:25 am

Daquiri had started up walking again, but she paused when Lily asked her a direct question. Turning around, she slowly gave the girl another once-over, crossing her arms and cocking her hip to rest her weight on one foot. Her eyes traveled down, then back up to meet Lily's blue eyes. They didn't look like the eyes of a little girl, that much was for sure. The redhead arched an eyebrow. "What are you asking, exactly? Because I'm fairly sure I don't have to tell you you're not wearing braids." Alright, so it wasn't an entirely serious answer. But if any of the other half-bloods knew anything about her at this point, it was that she didn't usually give a s*** about other people's problems.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down