Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Can't Turn Out Well Cont. (Ceru)

2 posters

Go down

This Can't Turn Out Well Cont. (Ceru) Empty This Can't Turn Out Well Cont. (Ceru)

Post  Wes Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:33 pm

((Starting from the post I was about to edit. https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net/t1339-this-can-t-turn-out-well-wes ))

"Oh, good, Hunger Games was what I was going for," Wes said with a grin. She then rolled her eyes when Daquiri suggested she shouldn't fight her. She then knit her brows together, wondering for a second if this noob child of Aphrodite was trying to charmspeak. The thought almost made her chuckle. Surely, she wasn't silly enough to believe that such a weak remark would work, so she probably wasn't, but still, almost every time an Aphrodite kid heard about charmspeak, they would go out and try it. Most everyone failed. Wes only remembered one kid who was successful, from her first couple of years at camp. She was long since gone. Wes didn't remember much about her, or how she went about charmspeak, but she knew enough about magic to know that there was a key the others must be missing. Perhaps they were all able to manipulate people this way if they studied it more, but there was no telling.

After fixing Daquiri with a stare, she sighed, deciding to humor her. "Fine," she said, "I will bury the hatchet. For now." She twisted her bracelets, and the magic bow and arrows disappeared, including the one that was in the tree. "I didn't want to clean up the mess anyway." She hoped that Daquiri wouldn't start trying to charmspeak others the way her siblings did; at the very least, it would be annoying.

((Does that work better?))
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

This Can't Turn Out Well Cont. (Ceru) Empty Re: This Can't Turn Out Well Cont. (Ceru)

Post  Cerulaen Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:54 am

Daquiri made a slight face at the other girl's joke. It was definitely apparent she was friends with Jake. However, her jaw tightened at Wes' obvious display of disdain at her rather passive-aggressive threat. She seriously hated when people underestimated her--especially girls. Boys were one thing; they all thought they were the greatest macho machines known to man, and quite a few of them had the muscle to back it up. Girls, on the other hand, had nothing to prove, and that only made the ones that did work even harder for it. She could tell Wes had proved herself to everyone at this camp--but it was pretty obvious the girl didn't think Daquiri had anything to prove. She didn't see her as a threat.

And it pissed her off.

The red-head stared back at Wes until she saw the girl's weapon and ammo disappear into her bracelets. She rolled her eyes. "Why does everyone and their godly mother have some kind of illogically transforming weapon?" she muttered, a little bit of exasperation seeping into her voice. Seriously, was there something wrong with normal weapons? Last time she'd checked, they'd worked just d*** fine.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

This Can't Turn Out Well Cont. (Ceru) Empty Re: This Can't Turn Out Well Cont. (Ceru)

Post  Wes Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:47 pm

Wes barely caught Daquiri's remark and chuckled, "You know, I've often wondered the same thing." She shrugged, "Sure, the transformations themselves make no sense - I mean, seriously, a bow that's a wristband, a ring that's a sword, it's crazy, no doubt - but I will say I am glad for them. They're much more convenient this way." She kicked her foot back and leaned against the tree. "Always gotta be prepared, right?" She said in a mock tone, like she'd been hearing it all her life, "Well, kind of hard to carry around a bulky weapon all the time, especially on quests. Regardless of what mortals see, they tend to get suspicious when you try to board a Greyhound carrying a sword or longbow." She rolled her eyes and tilted her head back with a smile, which disappeared with the realization that she was still talking to Daquiri.
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 pm

((So sorry this took forever and a day for me to reply to, between a mixture of inspiration-blockage and homework for the past several weeks, I haven't been normal RP-posting much of anywhere... Hope this isn't too short. >.< Wasn't too sure what else to write, lawl. But you can tell me if you need more. Razz))

Daquiri narrowed her eyes. "Normal people had to carry them around for centuries. I don't see any reason why we can't handle the same so-called hardships." She tapped her thumb against the hilt of her dagger strapped to her thigh where her hand rested. "If I understand it right, this... Mist that Chiron spoke of hides our weapons. I doubt you'd have that hard of time carrying them around in plain sight." She gave Wes a rather cynical look. "I'm sure you've had plenty of time to prove it on all your little... quests."
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:49 am

"Mortals may be dumb, but they're not blind," Wes said, "They see something, just not swords or arrows that can disintegrate monsters with one good blow. They might see some more common form of weapon - be it a bat, a switchblade, a gun. They get nervous, it raises questions - it's just better not to deal with it." She shrugged, like it was nothing, then crossed her arms to address Daquiri's remark, "And as much as we like to show off here, we do try to keep a low profile while on quests. That whole 'Big Brother's watching' thing? Well, this Big Brother is named Mark, and he's in league with the Titan's Army. Any incidents that spark pictures or news stories cause the risk of our mission being sabotaged when our location's been given away."

Mentioning the traitor Mark pulled at her stomach, and she had to look away for a second as she remembered the unfolding of his betrayal, including Kris's reaction to it all, which was hard to bear at the time. She quickly swallowed the feeling as she looked back at Daquiri, knowing that nothing was going to change the fact that he had turned his back on them.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Daquiri shrugged off Wes' explanation of the Mist. She wasn't entirely sure how it supposedly worked, anyway. She narrowed her eyes at the mentioning of some guy named Mark, though. She hadn't heard much about the so-called Titan's Army during her time here except that they were the general "bad side," what with the Titans battling against the gods in the old days, and misguided demigods and ones that hated the gods for some reason or other tended to make up a lot of their ranks, along with the regular monsters. They all sounded like a bunch of idiots to her. Obviously, it was no secret that she hated her mother more than she hated just about everything--but from what she'd seen from her time here, basically every demigod was from the same hump and dump situation in their family. If a bunch of kids thought they could change that by joining the Titans--well, they were even bigger morons than most of the kids she'd met here.

All that being said, Wes seemed to talk about this Mark guy differently, like she’d known him. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at the Apollo cabin leader. “Can’t hold onto your heroes here, huh? Guess I’m not the only one who’d rather not be stuck with all of you in this camp.”
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:41 am

Wes scowled at Daquiri's remark, then shrugged. "Well, the boarder's that way," she said, gesturing to the woods westward, "Pass the large pile of rocks and you can sneak out no problem. Or by all means, just head to the Big House and walk out right in front of Chiron. I bet you'd love to see his reaction." She shook her head with a careless look on her face, "Whoever told you that you had to stay here, they lied. Sure, we want demigods here because it's safe and yada yada, but hey, you hate people and think you're hot shit, so if you think you're better off out there then don't let me stop you from leaving." Wes wiped her face as if annoyed.

As a councilor, she probably wasn't supposed to tell demigods to leave, but there was no sense in babying Daquiri with anything but the truth. There was no point in her staying at camp if she didn't want to. Wes herself had come back every year since she was seven. But hell, if it hadn't been for Kris, Jake, and several of the other campers, she probably would have stopped returning a while ago - joined Artemis's hunt, or just lived a semi-normal life, going to Florida State and everything. Yet Daquiri seemed to have no interest in making friends. This tended to be a common thing among new campers who were filled with resentment towards their godly parent and shitty life, but it never hurt to hit them with the reality that they didn't need to be here.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:36 am

Daquiri's face hardened. She stalked a few steps closer to the daughter of Apollo. "Let me get this straight, ___. I don't like anywhere I live. The difference between here and every foster home I've ever been in is that I can't just be enough of a b*tch that I'm kicked out. Like h*ll am I leaving here just to go back to there, and I'm not an idiot to go and skip off into the middle of New York on my lonesome when monsters have had a personal vendetta against me since I was twelve." She put her hands on her hips. "So I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't have the luxury of a 'nice, regular home' to go back to like some people. If I'd have really seen it as a possibility, I would've ditched this place a long time ago."

She turned her head back to scowl at her target tree. "And maybe I will once everything's perfect," she muttered, more to herself than to Wes. Throwing her dagger--more of a last reserves move than anything in the real world--wasn't the only thing she still wanted to work on. The only real benefit of this camp was being able to train without mortals thinking you were crazy.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:00 am

Wes put her hands up. "Woah there, sweetiebell," she spat out in disgust, as if she was anything but. She signed and crossed her arms again, "Have you ever tried, I don't know, not being a b*tch? I'm sure you'd enjoy life a lot more if you could just find someone to tolerate, but first you have to get them to tolerate your attitude. Good luck with that." Wes scowled at Daquiri's other remark. Daquiri didn't even know her, so suggesting that she knew anything about her home life rubbed her the wrong way. Growing up, yes, she had had a good home, something she often felt guilty about seeing all these other demigods coming from shitty lives. But that didn't mean it stayed that way. Her bipolar little brother hated her and was violent and insane. He was one breakdown from being just as dangerous as any of the monsters she faced. That's why she often find herself at boarding schools. It was her attempt at not fueling the fire. And now her family had moved back to Florida while she'd stayed at Dobbs in New York. She hadn't seen them, and was starting to wonder of she should ever go back to them. She pushed that out of her mind and watched Daquiri throw her dagger at the tree again. Man, this chick really did not know just what nymphs could do.

((Wes: "surely you can find somebody here you can tolerate" /Jake/ "no not that somebody!"))
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:40 pm

((Aaaaand it's been 14 days. Oops. School started again and I got busy...and maybe a little lazy... [okaymostlylazy] And Ri didn't actually throw her dagger there, she just mentally commenting on the practice of throwing it. xP But y'know, whatever, I'll just go with it 'cause why not...))

Pulling her dagger out of the tree, Daquiri sent a glare over her shoulder. Sheathing her dagger once again, she walked back. "You know what, ___?" she growled. "When you die, reincarnate, live my life, and voluntarily decide not to be a b*tch--then you can get on my back about being one. Until then, keep me posted." Having had enough of this pointless conversation, she turned to leave. She'd pretty much had her fill of practicing for today.

((Well. I finished this earlier today, but I still have yet to come up with a proper insult-nickname-thing. So you get another blank. It shall be filled in eventually. You can post again if you like, but Ri is basically ending this, unless Wes has other plans. xP))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:51 pm

((I was really jet lagged and shit that day, lol. I remember reading it on my phone (I hadn't brought my laptop) a couple times and being like whut, which is probably why I didn't have her voice a comment on it, so it could be disregarded if need be. XP ))

Wes rolled her eyes, "Well when I get chosen to go for the Isles of the Blest and go through hell a couple times - literally - I'll make damn well sure that I leave my past behind me." She put a hand on her hip and upped the sass in her voice, "Hakuna matata, b*tch! Sorry you can't live by that." With Daquiri turning to leave, Wes gave an overly stressed curtsy, and ended with, "Bye Felicia," before turning in the opposite direction.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down