Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A boy at the river.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A boy at the river. Empty A boy at the river.

Post  Jace Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:13 am

Jace was sitting there on the dock and was staring into the lake. He was playing with a little trinket he was given by a cabinmate. He broke it apart and then put it down next to him. He then stared up sighing, because he was bored. He looked around and then stretched.
Jace
Jace

Drachmae : 399

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Chione
Items :

Back to top Go down

A boy at the river. Empty Re: A boy at the river.

Post  Catryn Greyling Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:29 am

A purple earbud sat snugly in Cat's right ear. The other dangled wildly, bouncing around at random as Cat jogged down the path to the canoe lake. A few brittle amber leaves broke crisply under her sneakers.
    Something about that sound had always been very satisfying to Cat, much like the crunch of gravel, even if was distorted a little by the slightly louder noises coming from her earbud. Not that she was complaining - this was one of her absolute favorite songs. She debated turning the volume up a little more, then decided against it - she had already raised it as far as she could while making sure she wasn't about to blow her own ears out. The gods knew she needed those in working order for the next few years, or however long demigods typically survived. She didn't know for sure, but she remembered that it was a rather depressing number. So much for having her whole life ahead of her. Instead, she was going to get her head bitten off sooner or later by some stupid monster (thanks a lot, Dad).
    She shoved those thoughts away with a sigh as she came up to the lake. Her critical green eyes fell upon a thin, white-haired boy sitting on the dock, staring at nothing. She raised a curious eyebrow, then slowed down to a walk, taking her earbud out and tucking it over her ear. She stepped onto the dock, her sneakers tapping softly on the wooden planks as she approached him. There were a few tiny parts resting beside the boy that rattled slightly as the planks shifted due to Cat's disturbance.
    She studied it for a moment, trying to imagine the assembled object in her mind, momentarily forgetting about the boy with oddly-colored hair.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:22 am

Jace hears the breathing of the person behind him, which he turns to and says" Hello" And then forces himself to smile. He didn't know this person well, and just met the person. He stands and will pop his neck, and then hold his hand out to shake hands, the other in his pocket.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:22 am

Cat raised her gaze to meet his, and hid her surprise save for another small raising of her brow at what she saw. Shoulder-length white hair, and startlingly silver eyes. How interesting. She took in his forced smile, then glanced down at his out-stretched hand, keeping an expression of cool disinterest. After another brief moment of silent observation, she reached out as well and shook his hand.
     "Hello," she replied simply, fighting the urge to put her own hand in her pocket, like the strange boy had done. She stayed quiet for yet another quick second, then added, "My name's Cat."
     Whether he wanted to introduce himself as well was his own choice, though Cat didn't really care too much either way. She was still a little curious about the hair, though. And the eyes. The Athena kids had stormy gray eyes, but such a silver was new to her. And for the first time in a long while, the oddity was not something mythological, and the novelty seemed to really pique her interest somehow. Then again, perhaps his eye and hair color were byproducts of being a demigod. Or perhaps color contacts and hair dye.
     And... now she had lost interest again.
     She waited to see if the boy was planning to share his own name. Perhaps if he was one of the demigods who liked to link their god parent's identity along with their own name, Cat could get a clue about the origin of his unique features. Glancing at his neck, she saw that there was no bead necklace. So he was new, then. Possibly didn't even know who his mother or father was.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:31 am

When she introduced herselfq, Jace was not paying much attention. He introduces himself though. " I am Jace nice to meet you." He says as he turns towards the dock, sighing. He didn't know what to do right now, for no this place was quite peaceful except for the girl, who seemed to stare at him.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:04 am

Cat wondered fleetingly if he had even caught her name, and she felt the slightest sting of disappointment and concern. She had spent a lot of time at various schools being ignored and pushed aside by the people she would occasionally attempt to befriend. It was not very pleasant to have to encounter a similar case again, especially at Camp Half-Blood, where everyone was an oddball and more or less accepted everyone else's quirkiness. Of course, over the years, being kind of a loner had come to affect her less and less, but it still was something she took with a grain of salt. And Jace simply introduced himself and turned back to look at the calm, sparkling waters with a sigh.
     She pressed her lips together. Well, she hadn't been exactly friendly either, but it still felt rather... again, disappointing, to get her company declined. Served her right for trying to talk to people. What was it that she came up to him for again? Oh, right.
     "Is your hair naturally that color?" she asked casually, folding her legs under her to sit cross-legged at the edge of the dock, nodding to the naiads giggling and pushing each other over at the bottom.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:42 am

Jace was listening barely. He answers the question though."Yes it's always been this color." he says as he uses his hand to brush some of it behind his ear. He then heads over towards the dock and then sits next to the girl. He glances and see a glance of her eye color.Greenish-Gray eyes, cute. He thinks. He then look at her and says to her"You have beautiful eyes." he says as he try's not to seem to creepy.

Last edited by Revgodless on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:13 pm

((Hey Jace, just wanted to let you know that we try to write in past tense here, to make things easier to understand. You're using future tense, so instead of saying something like "He answers the question, though," and "he will say as he uses his hand to brush some of it behind his ear," you would say "H answered the question, though," and "he said as he used his hand to brush some of it behind his ear." As a pretty common rule, you usually replace your Ss with Ds or EDs. So...yeah. Have fun RPing!))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:33 pm

(Yeah it's so difficult to just write past tense for me. And I am haveing fun, it's just confusing on why its past tense.)
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:44 pm

((Well, past tense implies that the character is currently doing that action, or has just then done it--despite the fact that it's called past. Future tense is saying your character WILL do that, which just makes for a bit of an awkward read, since we're writing this in the present like it's happening right now.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:17 pm

((Ahh, ok I get I now.))
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Cat nodded once at his answer. "That's pretty cool," she admitted, a hint of a wry grin twisting on her face and her eyes still trained on the water. She wondered if there was some minor god, then, that passed on those traits of snow-white hair and silver eyes.
     She leaned forward, her elbows resting on her knees, and watched the naiads goofing off below the rippling surface for a few more seconds, when he spoke up again.
     She froze for a moment, taken off guard and wondering if she had heard him correctly. You have beautiful eyes...? A few naiads giggled below, clearly listening in. She gave them the death glare, then cleared her throat. "Uh... thanks?" She could hear the uncertain wariness in her voice, and she quietly cleared her throat again. "Your eyes are pretty neat, too," she added, going back to a casual tone.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 pm

OOC: heya! Mind if I join?
iamHelena
iamHelena

Drachmae : 346

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

http://wattpad.com/imbethqui

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:46 pm

(No problem post.)
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:26 am

Helena pulled her hoodie up and walked towards the lake. Why would someone live here? I mean, what's good about this place, anyway? She's a new camper and she hated coming here. Her mother persuaded her to go with her tutor, who turned out to be a satyr, and train more here in camp. She agreed anyway because monsters started visiting their home and she didn't like the idea of them hurting her mom.

"So here I am!" She said sarcastically. She was passing a couple of campers who were having a little conversation. Might as well make some friends around than trying to kill myself with boredom. She walked towards them and said, "Hey." As she walked closer, she was able to notice that the boy looked familiar. She met him in The Arena. The tanned girl with brownish hair on the other hand, was new for her. She forced a smile and waited for any of them to respond.

OOC: Jace please notify me first if you are going to link threads. I linked this one with The Arena thread. Take this as the second time Helena and Jace would meet. Sorry, I have to edit my post.

Last edited by iamhelena on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:53 am

(Helena, this is the third topic you have meet me in.)

Jace notices the girl who came up to them. "Hey" she said. "Hello." Jace says smileing. He then turns and says to the other girl"Sorry, I sounded creepy." he says.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:28 am

"No, it's alright," she said with a light, awkward laugh. "Just took me by surprise, that's all."
     She turned to see the girl who had greeted Jace. It was another demigod she had not yet met. She wore a hoodie among other casual clothing choices, much like Cat herself. Strands of red peeked out from underneath the hood, framing a pale face, which was half enshrouded in light shadows. This girl, much like Jace from earlier, had an estranged smile plastered on her face.
     She nodded in greeting to her. "Hey." After another second of consideration, she offered the girl a small, friendly smile.
     She uncrossed her legs from beneath her, letting them dangle over the dock in a more comfortable position. Her sneakers skimmed over the surface, met with some grumbling from the bottom-dwellers. She grinned down at them crookedly, then leaned back on her hands, tilting her head back up at the red-headed girl. "I'm Cat," she offered.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:33 am

Helena pulled down the hood off her head and fixed her hair a bit. She smiled back at the other girl and walked towards them closer. She looked at Jace first and said, "I see you have a new friend." She looked at the other girl again who introduced herself as Cat."My name's Helena. Nice meeting you, Cat. I'm a new camper, too, like Jace here." She looked down the waters and saw creatures new to her eyes. They were playing and laughing and smiling. Talk about the weird stuff.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:36 pm

"Yep, I have a new friend, then there is also the other boy and girl I meet at the supper." Jace says as he walks up to them, a blank look on his face.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:33 am

Cat nodded. "Nice to meet you too, Helena," she replied. Her eyes took on an amused glint. "How are you enjoying camp life so far?"
     Having joined a few months ago herself, she could still remember the odd, way-too-fast transition into the world of Greek mythology, complete with wise horsemen that ran summer camps and forests full of face-eating monsters to slash into yellowy dust when you were in a mood. And it had been exactly as weird as it sounded, if not more. As far as the whole "your dad's a god and a bunch of other gods exist and stuff" thing went, she could more or less consider it truth, though it was really more of something that she just disregarded and tried not to think about too much.
     She saw Helena's eyes turn to the water, and she followed her gaze to the naiads laughing at the bottom. "Have you been acquainted with the naiads yet?" she asked. She wondered how long, exactly, Helena had been here, and how many of the peculiar things she had encountered so far. There was definitely a lot for new campers to absorb. Some took it more enthusiastically than others, while some would continue to brush everything off for as long as they could. She studied the redhead, curious to see where she fit in the scale.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:14 am

"How are you enjoying camp life so far?" Helena heard Cat asked her. "Camp life? Uhhh...I could say it's off to a good start, I was able to converse with campers a little, which I don't normally do. I'm just getting the hang of the place before taking in the reason why the hell was I sent here." She was just easily irritated by the thought of leaving her rich kid life for this camp. And for the reason that her father told her mom about it. She kicked a stone and it fell into the water, not thinking if the creatures below would be hurt.

Naiads. That's the term Cat used. "It's the first time I met these creatures. I was first attacked by a Colchis Bull at home. The darn thing burned our house. Next was a manticore, a couple of miles before reaching the camp's gate. My satyr assisted me with fighting off those monsters." She looked at the naiads again. "They seem pretty nice. I guess there are no evil creatures here in camp." Aside from our Godly parents.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Jace looks at the two with a small smile, thinking that they might be great friends if they stick with him. He would look into the lake and see his trinket falling down towards the bottom and will go wild eyed and sprint off the dock and dive in, swimming down to get the trinket. He swims as it falls deeper and deeper and eventually lands and sinks into the sand, and he starts to look for it under the sand, kicking tons of it into the water disturbing the naiads. He will then feel his lungs burn but continues looking eventually runs out of air and starts to black out, and starts to float up towards the surface loseing conciseness.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Cat nodded, understanding, as Helena said, "I'm just getting the hang of the place before taking in the reason why the hell was I sent here."
     The red-head kicked something off the dock and continued, "It's the first time I met these creatures. I was first attacked by a Colchis bull at home. The darn thing burned our house. Next was a manticore, a couple of miles before reaching the camp's gate. My satyr assisted me with fighting off those monsters."
     Cat frowned. "Oh, wow. Personally, I haven't had much experience with monsters outside of camp... I guess..." She stopped talking, not wanting to finish the sentence. I guess that was thanks to my stepfather's smoking habits. She didn't like thinking about that, or anything about her old home and family ever since she tried returning at the end of the summer. And the only dangerous experience with monsters that she did not encounter in the camp's forest was at 3 years old... something she couldn't remember, and had only learned about from her stepfather. And we're back to that.
     She missed the next part of what Helena said, caught up in her troubling thoughts, but something else managed to recapture her attention. Unfortunately, it was the boy, Jace, diving into the lake and frantically swimming to the bottom.
     She stepped to the edge of the dock, peering down as the naiads scrambled away, clouds of swirling sand in their wake. Jace was digging at the bottom. Slowly, his actions became more languid, and his air bubbles less frequent. It didn't look like he was giving up, though.
     Cat huffed, kicking off her shoes and taking off her hoodie as quickly as she could. Taking the various objects out of her pocket and wrapping them up in the hoodie, she placed them on the dock and dove down, stopping conveniently beside the silver-haired demigod, who had gone motionless and started floating upwards slowly. She wrapped her arms around him and kicked back to the surface.
     She managed to break the surface just in time, her lungs gasping for air.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:00 am

"Oh, wow. Personally, I haven't had much experience with monsters outside of camp... I guess..." Helena heard Cat said and held back whatever it was that she was about to say. I understand. Painful thoughts are hard to say out loud. She looked at Cat to show her sympathy but was distracted with a sound that came from the waters.

"What the h***?!" Helena exclaimed as she saw Jace dove into the water to follow the thing that fell in it. She came to the edge of the dock and looked where he went. It's been a few minutes when he dove, the water changed color to brown then the naiads started to swam in panic. She didn't know how to swim, she held tightly and tried not to fall in herself. "Jace!" She called out.

She then heard another sound and turned to see Cat dove in too. She waited and watched as the other girl surfaced, with Jace's body in her grasp. Helena ran towards them and checked on Jace. She shook him and called his name, "Jace? Jace!" She looked at Cat, maybe she knows first aid. Cat was still gasping for air. She turned back to Jace and wished he was alright.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 am

Jace was breathing lightly, his hand griping a small trinket that fell, he was breathing normally, but was soaked with water. His hand would open to show a game like trinket, a puzzle of shorts, and it was now severely bent out of shape. His eyes flutter open and would sit would then hold his head and would cough up water, then black out.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum