Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xavier Lee "Son of Hermes"

2 posters

Go down

Xavier Lee "Son of Hermes" Empty Xavier Lee "Son of Hermes"

Post  xavierlee Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Name: First and Last Name: Xavier Lee
God Parent: Hermes
Mortal Family: Xalia Lee
Years in Camp: First year
Brief History: Xavier is a very interesting individual. He remembers the first time he was found in trouble very well. It was around fourth grade when his class took a trip to a museum. He was supposed to stay with the rest of the group but went over to the bones of a dinosaur. It was some type of raptor but what was strange is that one of the "bones" was metal and pointy. So he grab it and the whole Dino fell down. The security guard rushed over and starting asking a bunch of questions like why and what possessed you to do this. The guard his teacher the students all started yelling at him and all the while he kept trying to tell them that he wasn't holding a bone he was holding a sword. No one believed him and he was then kicked out of school. We could go down a list of similar encounters but we won't. Lets just say from all of the occurring situations he knew that there was something different about him. Xavier is now in an alternative school . He has no friends there except for a guy named Nicholas Safrit. Nicholas has super long hair and is at the school for being a distraction at regular school. See Nicholas has Tourette's. He will often make bleating noises when he gets Nervous or scared. So both of them having no friends eventually brought them together and they've been the best of friends ever since. As for Xavier's dad he doesn't remember meeting him although his mom insists that his father was there for a small portion of Xavier's life. His mom always tells him that his father was a very important man but never told him what it was exactly that he did. The only thing that Xavier ever had from his father was a letter sent from a placed called Half-blood Hill. On the outside we're instructions not to open until his twelfth birthday. When he did he found instructions on how to find the new "camp" he would be going to. Apparently Nicholas had met Xavier's father before because it said that Nicholas would help Xavier get there. On the bottom of the letter was the one thing that he has always wanted to hear from his "father". 'I love you'.
Physical Appearance: Xavier is tall for his age. He is currently five foot six and weighs 100 lbs. He is a light skinned individual with coal black eyes. His hair color is a dark brown with streaks of black on the sides. His body type would be described as slender. He has gauges in his ears sized approximately at 1/2 an inch.
Personality: Xavier is classified as scene t his alternative school. He listens to hardcore and indie rock. He loves music and knows how to play many instruments. He loves to run. It is one of his favorite things before he was kicked out of school he was on the cross country team. He is not very strong. Hes not that smart either. at school he earns solid C-s .He is a social introvert. This is why he was diagnosed with severe social anxiety. He is also diagnosed with ADD and as a result He is very reckless when it comes to choices. He doesn't like to think things through he just follows his gut. This has caused him to get into trouble many times. His greatest strength is stealth and distraction. He is an expert pickpocket and his mastering of the art of distraction has made him a great magician.
Fatal Flaw: Xavier’s Fatal Flaw is self reliance. It could cause him to be in trouble and not want anyone’s help getting out of it. This could eventually cause him to make a very lethal mistake.
Talents: Very Fast, Art of distraction, Master Pickpocket, Safe Cracker
Weapons: A Stamp With a caduceus printed on it when licked it turns into a shield about 2 and a half feet in diameter, A pair of flying shoes disguised as a normal pair of Converses
Other:
 laurels 

xavierlee

Drachmae : 3

Back to top Go down

Xavier Lee "Son of Hermes" Empty Re: Xavier Lee "Son of Hermes"

Post  GeneralArin Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Well, flying shoes feels like a very easy thing to abuse, first off. So I'm hesitant to allow it.

Secondly, are you sure you want to lick a stamp every time you want a shield? I mean, it is a new one, but it seems rather... impractical. You have to make the motion of pulling it out and licking it every time you want defence, which would take a long while before you have a shield that's supposed to help you not-die in emergencies. Emergencies usually require a quick response, which would usually be quicker than the second or two it'd take to pull the small, thin stamp out of your pocket and then bring it up to your mouth and lick it, then put it in a position you can actually use it effectively. And licking stamps taste disgusting.
I don't have any real complaint against it, I'm just warning you that it doesn't make for a very practical thing. And I must say, I am seriously proud that someone else had the sense to choose a shield. Thank you.

It's been pointed out, that a 5'6 person, regardless of age or fatness, will weigh more than 100 lbs. He'd have to be seriously and unhealthily underweight to weigh anything less than 110lb. ( Ideal weights here, though these are probably more related to adults, I'd go with 110-130 lbs. The lower end would be a very thin, lanky person.)

Now for the personality:
I don't have any clue what "classified as scene t his alternative school" means.

"He is a social introvert. This is why he was diagnosed with severe social anxiety." As an actual introvert, I can tell you social anxiety is unrelated. Social anxiety is a crippling fear of embarrassing yourself in public. Introversion might lead to shyness, where you get nervous in interactions. And personally, I'm incredibly awkward in a lot of social situations, but that's not social anxiety. Social anxiety is closer to a legitimate phobia. Introversion has little to do with how well people can function in social environments, or if they like people or not. It just means that they can thrive on (and usually require) alone time, and get tired out by social activities. I'm not saying you have to get rid of it. I'm saying you need to reword it, at the very least, and understand that the two are different things.
In a similar case, you have the cart before the horse in the next sentence. People are diagnosed with ADHD because they're hyper and have a legitimate problem focusing. People don't change how they act because they're diagnosed with ADHD. (Unless it's a placebo.) And recklessness could be a part of ADHD, since impulsiveness can be a sign of ADHD, but isn't required. (And Cs is an average mark in school, technically...)

Your personality is a lot of skills, preferences, and other random details about your character. Things about your skills should go into talents, detailed like how you have it there.
Intelligence is okay to put under personality, but while you've said your character isn't book smart, is he savvy in anything else? (Most people are.) Or is he just a dull person all around?

Hook up your fatal flaw with your personality more. (Which can involve rewording your personality to fit the flaw.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down