Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lunch Time!

4 posters

Go down

Lunch Time! Empty Lunch Time!

Post  GeneralArin Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Jake scooped up a hearty meal and dropped of a usual amount of food in the sacrifice fire. After working on repair jobs all morning, he was more than ready for a meal.

He plopped down at his cabin's table, noting that he seemed to be the one of the first ones at lunch. He shrugged to himself and went ahead and started eating. Well, after ordering a Blue Vanilla Coke for his never-ending refill.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Lunch Time! Empty Re: Lunch Time!

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Dominic walked into the mess hall with a sense of unease. He wasn't nervous about meeting the campers after being missing for months and arriving back via a flaming nose dive into the lake, that was small stuff that he could handle. Right now what worried him was something far more complex.

And it smelled of everything amazing in the world.

The smell of food. Real food. It was almost too good to be true. Real food had been a luxury that Dominic hadn't been granted during several months of fighting for his life. The best he managed to do were whatever scraps he could steal from whatever fast food restaurant he happened too be fleeing past or a big hunk of monster steak, served rotisserie style.

Now that he was faced with food that didn't taste like leather, Dominic wasn't sure he would be able to keep it together.

So, instead of letting his head do the thinking, he simply let his stomach do the job for him and set to work on loading up his plate with as much roast beef as possible, coated in that famous sticky glaze.

Once it was piled high and a fraction had been burnt as an offering to the Gods he took his seat and slammed down the plate before devouring the meat in the fastest most impolite manner possible. Exactly the way a starving man would eat.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Estelle piled up some food, nodding to her siblings. She had some things to discuss with Jake today.

She made her usual sacrifice and sat across Jake. 'Hey' she said with a half smile.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Jake looked up from stuffing his face. Estelle. He swallowed the mouthful.
"Hey." He replied glibly. "What's up?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:26 am

Estelle took a sip of her water. 'Eh, nothing much.' she decided to zero in on the topic she was about to discuss. 'About the Titan Army,' she said in a casual tone.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:48 am

Syl was surprised to find Estelle out of the Athena table. She was talking to Jake, and naturally, Syl couldn't help but overhear.
Syl knew she shouldn't eavesdrop, and Estelle would find out anyway, so she looked away and burnt some sacrifices to Hephaestus, mumbling something about guidance. She tried not to listen as she ate her food. But there was two words that caught her ear: Titan Army.
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:18 am

Jake tilted his head curious to where she was going with this. He set down his fork and focused more, acknowledging the importance. "Alright. You got me. What about them?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:48 am

Lily dashed into the mess hall, hair in a virtual mess but smiling anyway. Other days, she would have ran to Cabin 10.
She didn't really like her curls. So much care, care, and care. She likes straight hair. So she often ended up in cabin 10 every month or so, getting their hair magic to work on her stubborn locks.
No time for such nonsense.The news had been a shock, really. If anything, she would have immediately went to find him, but luckily, Kris was there to stop her, to get ahold of herself at the very least before scouring camp.
Still, she probably looked like a lunatic, running around camp with her already-curling-again blond hair and in an ankle brace. But hey, she was known for that. Lately, more and more.
She snuck up behind the boy and hugged him tightly, oblivious to the looks from the others, and probably causing the boy a near heart attack.
"It's so good to have you back," she whispered into Dominic's ear.
Sure, maybe they hadn't shared that many memories, but Lily was a sentimental child.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Dominic resisted the urge to grab his knife from the table and bury it into the body behind him. Months of battling monsters of all different shapes and sizes had put him constantly on edge and even though he was in Camp Half Blood, perhaps one of the only safe places on Earth for Demigods, he was still unable to fully drop his guard.

It was only when he recognized the voice and reminded himself that he wasn't in danger, that he dropped the knife and let out a sigh of relief.

"Lily," Dominic said with a small smile, managing to find some enthusiasm. "It's good to see-urk! It's good to see y-" Dominic stammered and wiggled a little on his seat before letting out a gasp. "Lily you are crushing me. I can't breathe"
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Estelle picked at her food. 'Well, I was thinking..' she looked up at Jake. 'They seem to have spies planted in our camp.' she paused. 'So I was thinking, do we have a way to monitor them?' her tone was still light.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:00 am

“Ohmygosh, sorry!”Lily yelped and let go of Dominic. Honestly, she didn't hink it was that tight, but she gave him as much privacy as possible. He was probably touchy from his ordeal. She grimaced a little, and instead plopped down by Dominic, ignoring the looks from Chiron and the others, most of them either amused or suprised. Amused, mostly. She held Dominic's face in her tiny white hands and turned it towards her.
“What happened? Why did you-”she choaked on her words a little, painful memories resurfacing rapidly. Blinking away the little tears, she smiled up at the boy.
“Are you alright?" she managed to say, eyes glittering slightly.
Honey yapped, at her feet, but finding no interest, he made his way over to the daughter of Athena, licking his hand playfully.

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:53 am

Jake rubbed his chin.
"A monitoring system, hmm?" He leaned forward against the table, his food forgotten for the moment. "So, like some sort of way to figure out what they're up to?" He took on a bit of a smile. "Well that sounds fantastic. You've got a brilliant plan, right?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:41 pm

"On a scale of one to ten I'm probably an seven," Dominic said with a grim smile, before shoveling a large hunk of roast beef into his mouth. The moment his teeth sank into it, his eyes seemed to bulge a little as the sweet taste of Camp Half Blood's bbq glaze spread through his mouth. "OK, make that eight and a half now," Dominic said after swallowing the treat. "It's been a rough couple of months. I've been to places that weren't...well...pleasant"

"But, now I'm back. And my crossbow's loaded, my music gives monster's headaches, I still look good in aviators and I'm ready to protect Camp Half Blood again, because I did a sucky job of it the first time," Dominic spoke cheerfully, but his tone dropped as he heard the sound of thunder crackling in the heavens.

"Yeah, yeah, don't remind me big guy," Dominic muttered as he glared up at the cloudy sky. "So what about you Lily? Still stirring up waves and shaking the earth?"
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:07 am

“No, Kris is the ones who does that. I'm the girl that runs around in an ankle brace after hearing that her one of her old mates actually ended up back in camp after disappearing for ages,” Lily grinned at Dominic. “But I did go out to the sea once to rescue a herd of slamon from getting caught.........” Okay, she shouldn't have said that. No one knew how much of an activist she was. Stopping the consumption of anything that came from the water and also stopping illegal fishing was what she'd jumped to do after becoming claimed. Heck, she was even considering of joining Greenpeace.
Her heart fell as she listened to Dominic, talking about his past 'mistakes' and how he'd changed. She felt a fierce urge to make him stand up, and convince(force) the boyinto believing that he wasn't anything close to that and never, ever was. A dull, familiar ache returned to the blonde as she grabbed dominic's shoulders rather violently.
“Dominic Moss, don't you dare say anything along that line ever again,” the words spilled out rather impulsively.
“You' re perfect. You always have.Who convinced you that you weren't doing your job or whatever?” a near-hysterical laugh came from her lips.
“I'd never be as good as you. If anything, I'm the burden,”
Struggling to keep calm, she shook her head again. My my my, she was getting heated.
See mom? Lily was a bit too unstable for normal life. She'd spend a semster trapped in a padded cell with Justin Bieber posters and kittens with the caption 'Hang on!!!' unconvincingly.
She shook her head a little.
“Sorry, it's just the trauma talking,” she added apologetically.
Come to think of it now, did Dominic even know about her condition?

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:38 am

Estelle rubbed the puppy between its ears. 'Actually, I was sort of relying on you to help me with that part. We could rig up security cameras,' she flashed a grin. 'Acacia's hardly going to fly all over the country.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Jake shifted back into his seat, grinning.
"A worthy challenge... though I think we'd need to recruit quite a bit of help." He nudged Syl gently with his elbow. "So, what do you think? Up for the challenge of making a nationwide security network?"
Jake figured she would have heard most of the conversation, since she had been sitting right there the whole time.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Syl jumped and dropped her spoon. 
"Oh.. sure." She said slowly. She was a bit apprehensive about the idea.
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Estelle broke into a grin. 'I love you guys,' she sipped from her goblet. 'It's okay, Syl. It'll be awesome.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:00 pm

"Salmon?" Dominic asked with a mouth full of beef. A huge slab of the stuff was hanging out of the side of his mouth, but Dominic didn't seem to care in the slightest. Clearly having good hot food for once in several months was too much of a joy to be spoiled by good manners.

His munching was only stopped during Lily's outburst, when he nearly choked on a piece of food in surprise. He slammed on his chest with a fist and choked down what remained before muttering bitterly, "I'm not perfect... but thanks"

"And you don't need to get mad, the folks that told me I'm a waste of space are right," Dominic said before looking up at the clouds again. "Now that I think about it, your pops will probably get a bit mad when he finds out I've talked to you. He really doesn't like me."

Dominic shrugged. "Ah well, what you gonna do? If the God of the Sea's doesn't like you, then all that means is that you have to avoid swimming."
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:03 am

“Don't you worry,”Lily said dismissively. Kris has always been the more desireable. And besides,” she said, helping Dominic with the little accident she'd cause by whumping the boy lightly on his back “If i go swimming with you, I don't think you'll end up as a corpse,”
Or maybe both of them might end up as cooling bodies. Whatever. She'd find a way to stay alive.
“Gonna make sure you stay around here safe and sound,”
Honey barked with glee as Estelle rubbed him, and licked the girl's hand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down