Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out on the Beach

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Out on the Beach Empty Out on the Beach

Post  GeneralArin Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Jake stood on the dunes of the beach, watching the waves come in.

Today was more of a reflective day. Some seagulls circled over the waters, and he could see a hippocampus or two surface here and there. In the distance was the float where they launched fireworks every fourth and Christmas. He had helped launch fireworks for five Fourths and one Christmas.
He felt old.

Jake laughed and shook his head. He didn't like thinking like that. He kicked a shell into a retreating wave. He then looked up. Above, as usual, Agamemnon was on patrol in the skies above the border. That was the sort of thing he should think about, new beginnings, and constant improving. Things he could work with and fix. You know, things that mattered.

He walked down the beach, along the tidal line. Jake debated whether or not to call Agamemnon down.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Out on the Beach Empty Re: Out on the Beach

Post  Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Jared laid down on the sand, shirtless. 'Today was a day for a tan on this pale skin.' He thought.  The guys in the Apollo Cabin were making fun of him when the word got out there was a pale Apollo son who hatred sports. The girls, however thought it was cool Jared played the piano, guitar, and sang a bit. Although, back at home he wasn't social with boys much, and his goal was to have 'guy-friends' but all boys he knew liked basketball or football or baseball or soccer, etc. Jared liked reading.

Last edited by JaredMaskon on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'll get a good one when I'm dead.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:17 am

((Well, here it goes. Get ready for hotness to reach the beach.))

Finally. A peaceful place.
  Daquiri hadn't thought it was possible to find a peaceful spot in this camp ridden with wannabe warriors running around, but not but 10 minutes ago she'd found this place: the clear, sea-green water, lined with the soft sand piled up into dunes a ways off the coast. In fact, it had reminded her of the island in her dream at first sight.
  With the urge for a swim to clear her head of the recent strenuous events, the strawberry-blonde had gone back to the center of camp after her to discovery to try to find some form of a swim suit around the Hermes Cabin. Unfortunately, she'd been met with both a blessing and a curse.
  She'd walked into the cabin with the plans of rifling through some of the bereaus, but had instead interrupted a rather suspicious-looking boy smuggling goods through the window. He didn't seem to be phased by the fact that she had seen him, but his eyes had glazed over when he caught sight of Daquiri.
  He had proceeded to stumble over his own feet as he asked who she was and told her who he was about five times. She'd told him to piss off, but he'd kept on practically drooling at her feet like a puppy. Then, when he asked if there was possibly anything he could do for her, an idea had sparked in her mind.
  So now, 10 minutes later, she was sporting a cobalt-blue two-piece swim suit (apparently bikinis were "forbidden" at camp). Sticking her pinky toe into the water to test the temperature, she found it to be just right and waded further out.

Last edited by Cerulaen on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:26 am

Jared Yawned, as he rolled over into the water. The water felt cool this time, just how gee liked it. Jared rolled all the way the the water, and floated face up, looking at the sun. The beautiful sun. The blazing sun. The sun that... Jared couldn't see anymore. "Ow, ow ow ow... The sun was supposed to be good."

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:39 am

Jake decided, why not? Agamemnon is a great addition to any day. Besides, he could run some aquatic tests... if the stupid automation would agree with him on it.

Jake took several large steps up the beach and gave a loud, sharp whistle. "Agamemnon!" He shouted. He waved his arms.
The giant automation slowly wheeled around to start a landing approach.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:43 am

Estelle walked towards the automaton. When there was an automaton involved, things could get very interesting. 'Hey,' she called to Aggie and the group of people. Acacia fluttered on her shoulder.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:12 am

Closing her eyes, Daquiri soaked in the sun and the scent of salt water. She felt like somewhere inside, it was a part of her. She'd always had an appreciation for the water, but she couldn't say she'd ever gotten much of a chance to spend time in it. Now, she was perfectly ready to relax into its gentle waves.
However, the universe seemed to have other plans. At first, all Daquiri heard was a wind picking up. But when that wind became a roar of flapping wings, her blue eyes snapped open. Whipping her head around in almost a one-eighty, Daquiri searched for the source of the monstrous noise. She caught sight of a giant bronze mechanism just in time to see--or rather hear--it landing with a loud THUMP onto the soft sand of the beach. The thing practically squashed a dune. And as it folded in its wings--yes, its wings--that was when the red-head realized that the thing was in fact a ginormous dragon. But not just any dragon--one that seemed to be fabricated from the actual bronze metal itself. She had to blink to make sure she wasn't seeing things.
What the...? A dragon. A freaking dragon. Well, she supposed it wasn't any stranger than the events that had taken place back at the archery range.
And of course, no sooner had the thought crossed her mind when the bronze dragon shifted to the side to reveal the jerk "son of Hephaestus" himself. God, that kid had a talent for souring her mood.
Furrowing her brows together in irritation, she cupped her small hands around her mouth. "Hey, Forge Face!" she shouted over at Jake. "Take your flying trash heap elsewhere!" The nerve of him, disturbing the one calming place she'd found on this entire island.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:48 am

(Haha, you did not just call Agamemnon a trash heap, lol. Berserk button number one.)
(Ha, you had me beside myself trying to think of an appropriately offencive comeback.)

"Trash heap?!" Jake shouted immediately upon hearing the term. Agamemnon rumbled, and shifted. Jake turned to face whomever had spoken. It was the girl from the archery range again. "Trash heap?!" He repeated. For a moment he couldn't say anything else he was so beside himself.

"Look here princess!" Jake started, taking a few angry steps towards her. "I know it's not your reflection, but this here," He made a wide point at the bronze dragon, which was probably as close to rolling its eyes as it could have gotten, "This, is the finest piece of machinery you'll ever see in your life. Not that you'd know anything about that sort of thing." He finished with a grumble, turning sharply back to the automation, trying to remember what he had wanted to do with it.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Corra watched the commotion from a little while away. Walking closer, she smirked to herself as she saw the two, Jake and Ri, talking. Well, not exactly talking. She decided not to get in their way.
Callistos
Callistos

Drachmae : 564

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite/Hecate
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:40 pm

((D'awww, Forge Face and Princess. Aren't they just the cutest? xD))

Daquiri had expected Jake's reaction, so her first response was only to roll her eyes at the fact that he didn't seem to be able to come up with anything witty to say back and so had just defaulted to repeating what she herself had said. However, when she heard the description of 'princess' come out of his mouth, she shot out of the water.
Splashing angrily to the shoreline, and practically tripping over a pale boy in the water who seemed to be in an argument with the sun, Daquiri marched up to the blond boy on the sand, dripping swim suit and all. "How would you know a princess when you saw one if you can't even have a proper dragon for a pet?" she spat. How dare he refer to her as a "princess" when he knew absolutely nothing about her, or her past? If anything, a few choice, and quite more vulgar names would have been a better description for the circumstances. And considering what she was wearing at the moment...
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Estelle rolled her eyes as she walked up to Aggie, patting him. 'Don't freak out, Aggie,' she muttered to the automaton. Thankfully Acacia was calm. She eyed Ceru for a flitting moment and looked at Jake. 'Everyone knows you're the best,Jake. Keep calm.' She decided not to go into the argument..yet.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:59 pm

((Lulz, you totally called me Ceru while IC xD))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:13 pm

(Totally the cutest, lol. I'm not sure how many Jake can come up with past princess, though.)

Oh, Jake was past calm. He turned back around as the girl stomped up towards him, starting to square his shoulders.
"Oh, I know what a princess is." Jake started, his voice surprisingly even. "A prissy. Self-absorbed. Stuck-up, bratty little girl!" His voice steadily rose to an angry shout.

On the other hand, Agamemnon gave a low rumble accompanied by a few clicks at Estelle, probably embarrassed for Jake.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Estelle sighed, stroking Agamemnon. 'I know, and he's older than me,' She made an amused face.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:32 am

((Make things up as you go along, Ceru. Make things up.))

Daquiri's lungs burned in her chest as her heart sped up with fury. The last time someone had called her 'princess,' she had been five. And it was one of the only memories of her father that she remembered enough to hold onto. She wasn't about to let this boy degrade the term.
  "Maybe I wouldn't be so self-centered if you weren't such a jerk-faced, meat-handed egomaniac!" Daquiri snapped. "I can see why you have to make something just to have a friend." At least she purposefully kept people at a distance. This kid wouldn't know the concept of 'chivalry' if it kicked him in the crotch.
  ...which actually sounded rather tempting at the moment.

Last edited by Cerulaen on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:54 am

Jake's fury was building as well. However, instead of responding to what she said, he just shifted his weight back onto one foot and tilted his head.
He made one of his trademark smiles and laughed. "Woah now, I'd watch your temper there." He shifted into a tone of mock concern. "You might mess up your hair."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:07 am

Well, he asked for it.
In one swift motion, Daquiri stepped forward and brought her knee up between Jake's legs. The funny thing about being short was, it gave her the perfect angle for a crotch-shot. And Daquiri knew from experience that they were always quite effective.
When Jake fell to his knees, Daquiri leaned down next to his ear. "Still don't think I like to get my hands dirty?" she hissed. In a flash, she had her dagger spun out with the flat of the blade against his neck. "Cuz you'd better think quicker next time."

((I think that's the shortest post I've ever written. Ah, well.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:16 am

Yah... that hurt.
There wasn't any pain-delay nonsense. Just immediate nauseating pain. Come on, he was almost crushed by the freaking Minotaur, broke three ribs and a vertebrae, and still could function as well as one could with a fractured everything.
Anyway, Jake doubled over with a grunt caught in his throat. She said some challenging words, and went to put a knife at his throat. Oh. It was on.
Experience kicked in, and he hit her hand in a disarming maneuver, tugging the knife away with his other hand. It cut a bit, but his thick-meat hands were okay with that.

Jake was going to say something witty back, like 'Is that quick enough for you?'... but all he could say was something more like: "Ah.. ahah, augh..."

Agamemnon had raised its head in surprise as Jake was suddenly attacked. It probably wondered if intervening was in its programming.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:04 am

Daquiri bit back a yelp of surprise when Jake suddenly sprang out at her like a Jake-in-the-box. She was forced to loosen her grip on the hilt of her dagger when he rapped her sharply on the hand. Feeling her weapon being tugged away from her only infuriated her more.
  On the bright side, at least her initial move had gotten the big oaf to shut up.
  At the loss of her favored weapon, Daquiri went to her her next resort: the pepper spray hooked to her belt. Unclipping it like a pro, the strawberry-blonde had the cap off in point five seconds flat. Holding it in front of her, she aimed it at Jake's still-watering, albeit determined eyes.
  "Get too comfortable with my dagger and you'll wish you hadn't. "

Last edited by Cerulaen on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:56 am

Estelle smirked. Daquiri didn't remember that she was the new one. She sat back and watched the exchange, Acacia tutting now and then.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  MarshmallowFox Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:01 pm

(I feel like a intruder...Oh well!)

Artie walked towards the beach, wearing her usual outfit, an orange camp shirt and white shorts. She heard some shouting and began to run. The bright sun made time slow down for some reason. It felt like hours when she finally hid behind a tree, trying to catch her breath. Artie finally looked at the beach and yelled, "Stop!" The blonde grabbed her sword and waited for a response.
MarshmallowFox
MarshmallowFox

Drachmae : 139

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:34 pm

((Lol, Artie, Jake will love you for saving him from coming up with an epic one-liner xD And we actually hoped someone might bring Jake and Ri to their senses...xD))

Daquiri was so tense, she almost pressed down on the trigger of the bottle when the sound of a girl shouting came out of nowhere. Carefully keeping an eye on Jake with her pepper spray still aimed at him, the red-head glanced around to find the person who it belonged to. As her gaze flew over one of the lone trees on the beach,  she spotted a blonde girl hiding in its shadow. She had a sword drawn, although Daquiri couldn't make out the expression on her face in the dark shadows.
  She almost sighed out loud. Wonderful. Another slash-happy "warrior" in this camp. She seriously could not get over the way these kids all acted.
  Giving Jake a suspicious look, she didn't lower her bottle of spray, but she did relax a little. She wasn't about to let down her guard, but she supposed it wouldn't hurt to loosen up a little at this point. After all, she wasn't about to let her other weapon get taken away from her.

Last edited by Cerulaen on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  MarshmallowFox Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Artie walked out of the shadows, cautiously, keeping up her guard. "Drop the....pepper spray...Hey! Aren't you the new kid?" She asked, pointing her sword at Daquiri. "You made one of my brothers into your 'puppy'!" She charged at the red-head, her eyes full of random anger.

Last edited by Artie Fox on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just cause.)
MarshmallowFox
MarshmallowFox

Drachmae : 139

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:26 pm

((Could your edit your post a little Artie? I'm sorry, but Daquiri hasn't been claimed yet :-/))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Corra stepped closer toward the argument that was becoming more of an epic battle. She managed to hold back a squeal that wouldve made Aphrodite proud. "Oh my GODS!" she cried, looking back and forth between the girl called Dequiri and Jake, smiling brightly. "Omg, you two... I cant. You, whoever you are with the pepper spray, you and Jake would make the CUTEST couple ever!" The moment the woords left her mouth, she hit herself in the forehead. there she went again, speaking on impulse, words flowing out of her mouth that never seemed to be her own, but they were always the truth. It was her mothers doing, she knew, and she hated. One moment Aphrodite had her as a complete shallow love freak of a child, and the next moment shes cursing herself for her behaviour. It was a never ending cycle.
Callistos
Callistos

Drachmae : 564

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite/Hecate
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next