Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being Artistical. (Any one can join.)

2 posters

Go down

Being Artistical. (Any one can join.) Empty Being Artistical. (Any one can join.)

Post  Zach Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:15 am

Zach cursed under his breath as the string for the bowstring for the tiny wooden archer he had carved snapped. He did not even know why he was here. Apparently he should express his feelings better through art. However, making a multitude of intricately carved, wooden soldiers in the midst of a massacre did not seem therapeutic. Finally, in frustration, Zach threw the little archer high in the air. Before it could land, Zach whipped up his bow, an arrow on the string. He loosed the string and the shaft sprang away from the bow, piercing the little soldier in the chest. The arrow hit a tree and the wooden archer shattered into multiple pieces.

"Maybe I should try poetry..." Zach mumbled to himself.
Zach
Zach

Drachmae : 929

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Being Artistical. (Any one can join.) Empty Re: Being Artistical. (Any one can join.)

Post  Cerulaen Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:14 am

((I'm trying to decide if Daquiri should stick to her "I want to be alone" after walking away from Cat's claiming, or if she should pop in here and be mutually grumpy along with Zach, lol...))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Being Artistical. (Any one can join.) Empty Re: Being Artistical. (Any one can join.)

Post  Zach Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:19 am

((Either Smile Your choice. ))
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:22 pm

((Well, gee, that doesn't help me decide at all...xP Hmmm...oh, screw it. I'm posting.))

"You certainly seem grumpier than you were a few hours ago," Daquiri commented dryly from where she was leaning up against a tree behind the archer. She had come out here to find some quiet, but apparently there was no peaceful place in this camp--or at least, not one that she had discovered yet. In any case, upon seeing the guy she'd first met here, Zach, struggling with a rather small doo-hicky in his hands, she'd decided to observe a little from the shadows of the large trees. She had to say, the results were rather amusing.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:16 pm

"A little bit yeah," Zach frowned as the leg snapped off one of his swordsmen. "So you like watching people destroying their art? Cause I'm doing a lot of it. I think my carvings are too small to last long. Maybe I should make a bigger set. What do you think?"
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Giving a small snort, Daquiri slowly walked over and picked up one of the small figurines on the worn wooden table. Zach had been carving them out of a soft wood--probably pine, by the smell--and Daquiri could only imagine all of the splinters he probably had by now. Most likely quite a few, if the multitude of wooden fighters was anything to go by. Taking one of the thin carving knives, Daquiri defined the eyes of the figure she was holding to make them look more intense and life-like. Then she set it down.
  "Well, if you were going for trees, I'd say continuing these small ones wouldn't be too bad of an idea," she quipped.

Last edited by Cerulaen on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:59 am

((That's a slightly confusing response Cery.... Trees Question ))
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:30 pm

((They're outside in a pavilion--duh xP Let's just say the pavilion is near-ish the woods. Or at least, it's by a place with a bunch of trees. You're the one who said Zach pinned it to a tree!))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:52 am

((I still don't get it... Oh well.))

Zach leaned a log on the table. "What should I do with this?" He asked Daquiri. He was bored and tired and wanted someone else to do the thinking.
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:53 am

Cerulaen wrote:
  "Well, if you were going for trees, I'd say continuing these small ones wouldn't be too bad of an idea," she quipped.
This is confusing.))
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:10 pm

((OHHHHHHHH. *facepalm* I thought you were talking about something else for some reason... Basically, Daquiri was insulting his competence of carving figurines, saying that they looked more like trees than people Razz Do you want to edit Zach's response or for him to just disregard it and have me write a reply...?))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:12 pm

((I think that Zach would probably disregard an insult in this situation. Smile ))
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Daquiri gave a small eye roll. "Boys. You can never think for yourselves, can you." She said it more like a statement rather than a question. Eyeing the log, the strawberry blonde ran her small fingers over it's surface lightly. It was a fairly good-sized hunk of wood, a little over a foot in length.
Cocking her head to one side, she combed through all the things she'd seen in the past 24 hours. Boys with goat legs, arching bows in hospitals, girls talking to owls...And then there was that floating symbol above Cat's head. It was so hard to wrap her mind around and yet it all seemed so...real. So... tangible. And next to all that, there was her dream...
Her dream.
Looking back up at Zack, she twirled a lock of hair around her index finger. "Doves," she said simply.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:08 pm

"You want me to carve doves." Zach looked at her. "I was kinda thinking something either useful or manly, y'know? One of the two. You managed to hit the perfect area to avoid both of those. Oh, well. Here goes nothing." Taking up his dirk, Zach began carving. He put great detail into the eyes, but the beak was a bit rough on his first dove.
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Daquiri crossed her arms while raising a blonde eyebrow. "If you wanted something "manly" then you shouldn't have asked a girl in a belly shirt for ideas. And if you wanted something useful, you shouldn't be carving it from wood. You saw how easily it can be destroyed." Another thing that's not as strong as it looks, she thought cryptically. Sighing, Daquiri sat down on one of the table's benches and picked up a pencil and paper. Closing her eyes, she tried to envision the beach she had visited in her dreams. Locking on an image, she began to draw with a steady hand.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down