Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eh, short scenes

3 posters

Go down

Eh, short scenes Empty Eh, short scenes

Post  Estelle Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:21 am

Okay.. so the thing is that i'm writing a novel, and I have writer's block. So my mom tells me to practice writing, and share my work with some ppl.

What better place to do that than here?

I'll just put short scenes of my characters' lives, maybe i'll throw in a couple of other names with permission from the owners xD and I don't know how to do spoiler so sorry..for the grammar too. And all the misspellings, etc.

Here goes nothing. Enjoy!

'Hey there,' A round face peeked out from the trunk of a tree. Slowly stepping out, a body, 2 arms and 2 legs were revealed. 'Wow, it's freezing here. How do you live?'
A boy dressed in rags stared at her as she picked her way through the snow covered branches on the ground. He was sitting on a thin, dirty blanket. Dark haired, mixed with brown, but it was hard to tell the exact color because of the dirt. Brown eyes conveyed suspicion and alarm at the sight of a stranger. A girl at that. Her white blonde hair caught his eye, and he stared freely with wonder.
'My name's Rachel,' the girl said. She pronounced it as Ra-hell. 'What's yours?' The boy opened his mouth to reply, but realized that he didn't know what to say. He shrugged. 'You don't know?!' Rachel said, apparently shocked. 'It's okay, I'll make you one later. Here, eat this.' From her bag, she took out a loaf of bread, still warm. The boy's eyes widened as he accepted the gift with both hands. 'Thank you,' he whispered and nibbled on it for a full minute. 'Do you want..' he gestured to the bread. Rachel shook her head. 'I ate.'
Nodding, the boy put the bread aside and scooped a handful of new snow, stuffing it into his mouth and letting it melt to make water. He swallowed.
'Is it good?' Rachel asked skeptically. He shrugged again. 'I'll live.' He felt he should pay her back somehow, and unfolded a cleaner blanket he used for a pillow. 'Sit.' Rachel did graciously. She felt his eyes study her. 'Why..' he hesitated, 'why is you good to me?'
'Cause I like you,' she announced. 'and...' the story tumbled out of her, how she hated her family, how they made her live in France back when she was a mere child.. the general story of her life. The boy was a good listener.
When she finished, he was silent. 'So, you wanted someone to understand you?' she nodded. He tore a tiny strip of bread and chewed on it.
'Do you understand me?'
'Not really,' he admitted, 'I'm in rags and I don't have family.'
Silence stood between them, a doe ready to flee at the slightest motion. Rachel was the first to break it. 'Still..' she brightened up as an idea came to her. 'Maybe I can teach you English and French!'
'What and what?' he stared blankly at her. Rachel sighed. She had forgotten his lack of education. 'There are different types of people in the world.' she explained patiently, 'They speak differently, and I'll teach you how French people speak. And help you improve your English,' she glanced at the "shelter". 'I'll be back tomorrow.. but you sure you'll survive until then?'
The boy smiled wryly. 'I've managed to for my short life. I'll manage another 24 hours.'
Rachel raised an eyebrow. 'If you're sure. I still dunno what to call you though- Bob? Joe?' she saw the boy shake his head vigorously. 'Something special then.' she thought for a while, then snapped her fingers. 'I know! This is Christmas night, and since we met today, I'll call you 25th Night.' she seemed satisfied, and the boy shrugged, nodding.
'Bye, 25th Night,' Rachel called as she jogged through the dark woods.

25th Night hugged himself. He had a name. And maybe a friend. This was a truly magical night.

Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Eh, short scenes Empty Re: Eh, short scenes

Post  Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:29 am

Maybe we could make your idea as a trend! I mean, people want to write pieces like that, only they don't know how. I have a bunch of ideas about Meg and Lily Razz
I like the first piece, it's well written Very Happy Maybe you could do something fro Estelle and her dad or something ^^

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:33 am

I kind of *GASP*d when I saw 25th Night. That's a cool name! I'd like a name like that... sadly my name's... [this information is classified due to internet stalkers, not saying that there are any in this site, but... yeah.]

I have writer's block too... and I'm also writing a story...

There are some really cool names in this site, too. I'd like to see more characters... more interesting personalities. I mean, 25th Night is kind of strange. Well, he's poor...

This is what you call a type vomit.
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:33 am

Hey Syl- news flash- 25th Night=Je Violet Grace, my titan charrie xD

Thanks Lil you made me feel better *yay* Like I was thinking maybe I could go to not-real stuff and like make Estelle and Vi switch places, with E in the Titan Army and Vi in CHB. Maybe I'll let Vi have a phonecall with Rachel... dead rachel ;( I wish I hadn't killed her now it would have been interesting xD
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:53 am

I know no double posting, but hey, it's kinda like my portfolio xD sorry if I'm breaking the rules, tho

This will be a completely random phone call between Rachel and Vi that I wrote without brainstorming at all.

'Hello?' A voice rang out on the other end. One that Violet knew too well.
'Are you still there?'
'..Yes'
'Young man, you know I'm a woman from my voice. You know it's rude to keep a lady waiting on the line. So you'd better get me to 25th Night this very instant!' A lump swelled in Violet's throat.

'Rachel?' he whispered hoarsely.
'How do you know my name?'
'It's me.. 25th Night.'

'25th Night, prince of death? Yeah, right.'

'Hey, it's not my fault.'

'Okay, okay, it's not his fault. Whatever.'

'Ha-ha.'

'So you named yourself purple?'

'Not just purple- it's I am a graceful purple.'

'Impressive. A sentence for a name. I like how you didn't name yourself Bob or Joe.'

'I would never.'

'And in the whole army, no one noticed this?'

'No. Most of them don't do stuff other than bashing heads.'

'Stupid.'

'Maybe.'

A laugh.

'They are stupid, je Violet Grace. If I say so, it's true.'

'Don't call me that.'

'What?'

'Don't call me Violet. Just call me.. 25th Night.'

'Oh.. but isn't that your name now?'

'Not my real one.'

'Okay, 25th night.'

'And you know..'

'Wait. Okay. I'm ready- go.'

'My hair comes down to my ankles now.'

'Bluff.'

'Nope.'

'I knew you were awesome. Son of death, wrapped in hair, full of mystery. Yeah, I like that.'

A chuckle fron Violet.

'Me too.'

Pause.

'Rachel?'

'Yeah?'

'I miss you.' A tremble. A feeling like going back to the snowy woods on a certain Christmas night.

'Don't.'

'Why?'

'Because I want you to be happy'

'But I'm not.'

'Then go to Camp Half-Blood.'

'They'll kill me'

'The campers?'

'Probably, but no. The army members.'

'Forget about the past.'

'The past is who I am.'

'Let me go, Night.'

'No.'

'I might begin to dislike you.'

'If your going anyways, I'll hold on until you despise me.'

'25th Night-'

'I'm sorry, Rachel.'

'Don't be.'

'I'm sorry.'

'25th Night...'

'Go. Be happy. I swear I won't make you cry ever again.'

'You already made me cry, Night.' A small attempt at humor, with tears wetting yellow hair. A small smile, never reaching his sad eyes.

'Good bye.'

'Good bye.'

'Good bye..'

'Good bye.'

Beep- Beep- Beep- Beep-
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:32 am

Ohh........ Didn't realize that. xD

Phone call got so emotional during the end... and then there's Camp.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:50 pm

I just felt like making him sad xD
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:15 am

Estelle said / wrote:'I knew you were awesome. Son of death, wrapped in hair, full of mystery. Yeah, I like that.'
Son of Hades...? Or Thanatos?

I don't understand Rachel very well. She also kind of sounds like a cross between Thalia and Annabeth in the series.

I meant that in a good way, by the way.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:25 am

Thanatos. Or I wouldve said prince of the underworld xD

I never thought about that. Maybe.. I guess
I like Rachel. And Vi. Seriously, it's just so easy to make any scene for the two of them.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:53 am

I'm bored.

Violet wordlessly walked through the crowd to meet the challenge. A boy of 15, with short blonde hair. He wielded a sword. Sneering, he called for Violet to come quick, or was he afraid?

Stupid boy, Violet thought. The boy, Sept, was arrogant, talkative, and extremely annoying. Did he mention the stupidness?

Violet was not one to enjoy fighting. But he got into so many, it was hard to keep track of them. Really, when would people realize that he had been wielding a weapon since he could grip one? That he's been here for 6 years, no less. Keeping low because he did not want to get noticed. Hard to do when you spar a guy every other day.

Some in the crowd jeered at him, but most had seen his fighting. He would end this quick, he decided. No amusement for the crowd, but who cared?

He finally reached the center, face to face with Sept. Violet's hand smoothly unsheathed his black sword. The sapphire on the hilt caught the sunlight as he hefted it in his hand. Sept's lips formed threats, boasts, curses. They circled each other, looking for a weak spot to attack. Frustrated by the lack of blood, the crowed became restless. Goaded by this, Sept made his move.

It was a nice maneuver. He raised his short sword and pulled quite a lot of feints, fancy stuff. Finally he had the grace to move on and turn for Violet's thigh.

Unfortunately for him, he had never fought Je Violet Grace before.

Violet dodged the feints by one step backwards, twirling his own sword. When Sept lurched forward for the hit, Violet slammed his hilt on the boy's head. The sword veered off from aim. Violet parried for a few minutes lazily, trying to decide if he wanted the boy hurt or not. He slowly backed him up to a wall until they were a breath away. Sept grinned crookedly. Violet sighed-Fool.

The fool grinned some more. He bore a striking resemblance to someone, but Violet couldn't remember who. Without even realizing it, his dark blade touched the bare neck of Sept. He looked into the boy's eyes.

'You are dead.'

It seemed that Sept wasn't discouraged, for he challenged Violet everyday. And everyday they fought, everyday Violet became sure that he had seen this kid somewhere.

It was by sheer chance that Violet found out where.

'He wasn't so tough then,' Sept was bragging to his friends. 'No long hair, either. What's up with that look, anyways?' he shook his head mockingly. 'Dad says he killed a girl, I think. Maybe it was his girlfriend.' The fool and his friends snickered. 'Who cares?'

That was all Violet needed to make the connection.

Sept was the son of Rachel's killer.

The next day, Sept challenged him again. One thing was different-all trace of mercy Violet had on him had evaporated.
Violet attacked first, catching him off guard. He attacked with the speed and grace almost that of an elf. Sept was powerless in front of this new Violet Grace. He twirled, jumped, stabbed, swung. In a flurry of moments Sept was covered with large bruises and gashes. He coughed up blood, trying pathetically to protect himself from the vengeance. The crowd ate it all up.

It had taken about 2 minutes for Violet to allow himself to stop. The cold black blade touched Sept's neck, right over the place Violet's hand was choking.

You are dead.

The three words that always ended their spar. Sept didn't have to hear it to know it. It sent a chill down his spine, draining his blood.

'Do not dare try me again,' Violet murmured softly. 'You might not live to regret it.'

The crowd parted in silence as Je Violet Grace left without another word.

I'm bored.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:55 am

.......So he didn't kill that boy?

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:00 am

My gods.
Oh sweet Hephaestus.

Rachel's dead...
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:47 am

Here goes me trying to make comments on a bunch of different things...

1) Lawl, I always do that--kill off characters that are awesome and then later I'm just like "..why did I kill them again?" The way I see it, if you can make the audience cry at a character's death, you have succeeded in life xD
2) I wish my hair was as long as Violet's...mine's down to my belly button as it is o.O Guys with long hair FTW.
3) Awww...that phone call was sad...
4) I like your fight scenes! I need to get better at writing fight scenes...Whenever I need to write one in my own stories, I usually just put *insert fight* cuz I'm too lazy to write it and I tell myself I'll just write it later... But lawl, was there any kind of symbolism behind naming the kid he was fighting after the French word for 7?
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:55 am

Kinda. I speak French, and I thought it was ironic that the lucky number 7 wasn't so lucky.

He didn't, Lily xD He would get chewed off by Meggie

Yeah.. Rachel's dead..poor Vi.....
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:32 pm

I <3 French. I've always wanted to become fluent in it, but I never could cuz my schools didn't offer it, but now that I'm taking college classes I can. IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY Very Happy But lawl, I like that. Symbolism is the best xD
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm not that fluent- I just took lessons for a year or two.

Yeah.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Nice.. Wow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:02 pm

..Thanks?
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:20 pm

You're welcome xD

Poor Sept guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:29 am

Dark eyes looked at her.
Dark, familiar eyes.

Hi, dad.

Title

Estelle stared bleakly into the eyes of the man. She knew she should be experiencing a wave of emotions, like the characters in books always did. A mixture of love and hate, perhaps.
But she didn't feel anything.

No, all she felt was 'nothing.'

This was the father who had loved her and loathed her.
The father who was so smart and professional.
The father who left her on the steps and ran away.

So why wasn't she mad?

"Dad.. you okay?" she choked out. She awkwardly stumbled towards him. She could feel the eyes of the campers around her. "Let's get you to the infirmary.." she mumbled. Wow, she didn't know there was something that could break through her pokerface.
The man was abused, for sure. He had bloody bruises on his head, hands, legs. But he had a small smile playing on his lips, the kind of smile that Estelle could have easily overlooked. If she hadn't studied psychology. Like him.
A tear threatened to roll out of his eye.

"No, dad. Don't cry," Estelle said firmly, struggling to get her dad to stand. The man had a faraway look in his eyes.. Every time she tried to get him up, he stumbled dangerously.

"Jay, help, please."

She could see Jay with the corner of her eye. When the man faltered again, Jay was at his side. Is he going to die? Estelle asked with her eyes. He had several fatal wounds and he might refuse to let himself heal.

Jay caught her look and slowly shook his head. Not now. Not now.

Estelle shook out an uneasy cough and helped Jay with her father.

She would not cry.
Who cared if people called her heartless?
She was the cool, composed one in every situation. The cold plotter, like a Fowl.

But wasn't there a time when even Artemis Fowl showed a tear?

She pushed the thoughts away. "It'll be fine, it'll be fine," she muttered to herself, trying to reassure her father..and herself.

Thankfully Jay was quiet. She felt a surge of gratitude for him.

~Epilogue~

"You need to eat." Cia, her half-sister. 4 years younger than Estelle and already a hardened demigod. One of Estelle's favorite siblings. "You're going to kill yourself." she set a tray next to the bed.

"Mmm?" Estelle said, rising from her sleep. She'd been sleeping next to her dad's infirmary bed for the last few days. She accepted a glass of cold water. "Thanks, Cia. You don't have to do this, you know."

"And let our counselor die? As if.' Cia snorted. "Besides, Jay would kill me." She pulled up a chair next to Estelle's own. "He conscious yet?"

Estelle shook her head no. "No, I don't think he even wants to wake up. Too scared of facing me."

Cia tried out a grin. "Yeah, who wouldn't be scared of you?"

Estelle grinned back, kind of. "I love you, sis."

Cia made a face. "Please, no mushies." She smiled as Estelle laughed, for real this time.

Estelle picked up a bagel and took a bite. "He'll wake up.."

"Of course he will."

"I wonder what you're supposed to say to dads who had left you for like 10 or something years."

"Don't be too hard on him."

"I guess.." Estelle took another bite.

"Jay said he couldn't come with me because of archery practice."

Estelle got up and stretched.

"When are you going to come back in?"

"I want to be here when he regains his senses, you know that."

"The medics will tell you right away. I'll see to it." Cia pleaded with big grey eyes. "Please? You can help me practice hacking.. and I need practice in the arena...pretty pretty please??"

Estelle gave a little laugh again. "Okay, I'll come in. But now you owe me one."

"You owe me one for not letting you torture yourself."

"True."

Estelle ruffled her sister's blonde hair fondly. "Let's go." she touched her dad's forehead. "Be back, dad."

It was a good day for ice cream.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:30 am

Sorry, I couldn't think of a title xD
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Loooove iiiiiit. Like, seriously. Very good writing. As for titles...mabye "Reunion"? Or "Unexpected Reunion" or something like that?
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Um, thanks..

I dunno, xD I'm too lazy to edit xDD

The reason I couldn't think of the title is cuz I just typed right on here in a frenzy Smile without brainstorming or a first draft.. which explains the poor quality, I guess...

oh who cares xDDDD
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Lulz, yeah, editing can be a pain... I'm one of those people that tends to edit as I write, which is why is takes me so long to krank something out...

And I wouldn't say it's that poor quality, especially for being written so fast. The reason I said it was so good is because the sentences flow very nicely and sound good together as a whole. T'is a very important part of writing. Razz
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down