Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not The Best Idea (Anyone)

2 posters

Go down

Not The Best Idea (Anyone) Empty Not The Best Idea (Anyone)

Post  Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Cynthia came from her cabin to the forest. She leaned on the tree. She looked down at her hands and then finally got the nerve to get onto her feet. She walked around for a bit before feeling a thump. She turned her head and looked at where it was. "You've got to be kidding me."Cynthia cursed in ancient Greek. She started to run holding her bow.She cursed over and over. She turned and saw the ugly one eyed cyclops. Using trees as his weapons. Gods so much better then a present from her father She ran up one of the hills. But before she got onto the hill. The cyclops grabbed her by the waist and threw her like a rag doll onto the ground. She rolled down losing her arrows and hit a giant stone. She tried to grab for her wrist band which turned into a long dagger but her arms and legs started to grow numb. She blacked out.

Back to top Go down

Not The Best Idea (Anyone) Empty Re: Not The Best Idea (Anyone)

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:07 pm

The cyclops had been ready to take her life. Rip her limb from limb and feast on her godling flesh and bones. It would be a satisfying kill. One that would satisfy the cyclops lust for revenge, for some Cyclops still remembered how Apollo killed their ancestors.
It leaned over Cynthia's unconscious form and licked its ugly lips before reaching out with its dirty fingers.
'Touch her and I will annihilate you.' A voice hissed.
The cyclops turned and saw Dominic standing behind it, dressed in a camp half blood T-shirt and hooded leather jacket, arms crossed across his chest and a viscous scowl on his face.
'More children of Apollo to eat. Lovely.' The Cyclops cackled and took a step forwards.
'Before you take another step. You should know who you're dealing with.' Dominic spoke, 'I'm Dominicus Moss. I've killed dozens of your brethren and they were bigger than you and had more than trees to defend themselves. One of them I killed with nothing more than my guitar. He went down with one hit.'
The cyclops blinked as he stared at Dominic who was now rolling up his sleeves.
'Its such a shame that you're willing to hunt us down instead of being of use, like working for forges and making weapons. If you did that then you wouldn't have to face me.'
Dominic took a step forwards. The Cyclops took a step back.
'A son of Apollo. A warrior of camp half blood. An archer who can hit the wings off a fly whilst blind folded. Wielder of Kydoimos which can erase monsters with mere sound and Pheaton a shield that can burn as hot as the sun.' Dominic was beginning to walk towards the Cyclops who had now begun to back up nervously, 'I also killed an army of zombies. I smashed the Cretan bull to pieces. And finally, I slayed Python despite having a gigantic hole in my chest. I killed him with plague, I can curse people with diseases you see. You should have seen it. He was six times your size but I destroyed him like he was nothing.'
The cyclops was now sweating and shaking in fear. Dominic stared him down before growling one single sentence; 'Get the hell out of my sight you maggot before I get mad.'
The cyclops let out a girlish shriek before sprinting off.
When he was finally gone Dominic let out a sigh of relief. His bluff had worked.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:16 pm

The left side of her head started to bleed since she was thrown and rolled down a hill filled with rocks and thorns basically her long sleeved shirt had rips on the arms, Her eyes still shut. She was fine but since she was kind of sick she didn't know what her condition will be.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Dominic turned to his half sister and knelt down beside her. He pulled out a crumpled and torn piece of paper and placed his fingers on top of her forehead.
'Cynthia if you can hear me, stay still.' He spoke before he began to read the ancient Greek prayer to Apollo.
He had been practicing healing magic for months but still hadn't got the knack of it. He longed for his old powers back. He could have healed her in seconds with those.
A gold aura began to surround Cynthia as her wounds began to heal. Beads of sweat dripped off Dominic's brow.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Cynthia's eyes started to flutter. She began to regain the memory of what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:30 am

'Hey Dominic'Estelle said as she walked by.'who is she? she looks kinda unconcious.do you need me to slap her?'when she saw how Dominic was exhausted, she said'Hey dude. You look bad. Shall I take her to the Infirmary with you? Honestly.what did she fight with anyways?'she said with a worried look, flapping her hair over her shoulders
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:54 pm

'Talking...you...stop.' Dominic panted at Estelle before finishing the prayer. He lay back on the ground and let out a huff as exhaustion washed over him.
'Cynthia, you OK?' Dominic breathed.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Cynthia sat up she had always not been a fan of the other Athena kids other then Alexis she found Alexis' other half brothers/sisters very annoying. She nodded and sighed."I'm fine."Cynthia said and looked at her leather wristband.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:23 pm

Alexis came into the forest,"Are you guys okay?"Alexis asked concerned. Her eyes looked at both Dominic and Cynthia. She had changed a lot during the two weeks staying in her cabin alone those weeks she started figuring out how to be herself sort of. Alexis's blonde hair dye started to fade back to her red/brown hair color also known as bronze. Her eyes stayed gray but were more calm the only thing that didn't change was she was in her armor with her sword and dagger attached to her belt. Her shield on her left arm. As her pet owl Adelpha flew onto her shoulder and looked at the two that seemed hurt. Adelpha was white as snow and had golden eyes. Alexis sighed and gave a look at Estelle,"Go on Estelle no more sarcasm."Alexis said and waked over to Cynthia."Was it a Cyclops?"Alexis asked the two her gray stormy eyes hardened at the word cyclops . Those stupid things killed her dad even though he was a backstabber she loved him still. She was guessing by the damage of everything and broken trees she guessed it was a cyclops.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 am

'Sorry'said Estelle.'I talk when I get nervous.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:07 am

"Yeah it was."Cynthia said to Cynthia Alexis looked like anohter version of Athena. Nicer and firmer. Athena isn't exactly nice to anyone except to her sons and daughters. Just sometimes Alexis looked too much like Athen that it scared everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Alexis looked at Dominic,"And hey you have an explanation why haven't you talked to me lately."She raised an eyebrow. She looked a little hurt by that he hasn't even said a word to her. She turned when the ground thumped like an earthquakes. Adelpha flew away from the drama. Alexis snapped her head to where the thumping came from."I think the only thing Dominic that you did wrong was get the Cyclops angry."Alexis said giddy this thing was huger then all the cyclops she wrestled with. Instead of trees as its weapon the weapon was a giant axe. "Run." Alexis said to all of them."Now." She pulled out her sword and gave them a nervous glance. "I'll be with you guys later." Alexis said though she knew there was a slim chance of killing this thing and she kind of thought it would kill her. Alexis turned her shield to a bracelet and started to run towards the Cyclops. She put her sword into its foot. "Hm Daughter of Athena even better." It growled,"Very delicious meal." He picked her up by the waist. She took her dagger and pushed it into its hand. She wasn't exactly fragile. It roared and dropped Alexis onto the ground. She took her sword out of the cyclops foot. It slammed the axe onto the ground literally threatening to slice her in half. She flipped back. Not knowing he pushed her back with force she landed right at an edge of the cliff to the Creek. She got up from the cliff. She flipped about three times then jumped onto its back. She fell down and even in her armor it hurt like hell.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Tue May 01, 2012 1:37 am

Estelle turned back.'Alexis!'she searched frantically for the cyclops weak spot. She found one, just beneath its neck, if she could get there without being seen..'sorry,alexis'she said as she took Alexis' gold ring'I'll borrow this for a sec.'then she charged the cyclops.'Not a very athena-like thing to do'she muttered under her breath.She concentrated fully on jumping onto the cyclops.Hopefully she would succeed.there was only one chance.Maybe a better organized plan would do, but there was no time.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 am

Alexis got suddenly irritated by that side comment and decided to help no further. "Bye."Alexis growled and got up. Not a very Athena thing to do.she mocked into a mumble and walked from the group and stumbled down the path.Small things for the passed few days ticked her off. She came back and shot an arrow at its back. "There."she said and straightened her jacket. She didn't hit Estelle but hit the cyclops back.

Last edited by Alexis on Tue May 01, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue May 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Dominic had watched the scene unfold from a crouching position. His healing power had taken too much out of him. When the Cyclops returned he barely had it in him to feel irritated.
All he could do was watch as the girls charged into battle against the returning foe.
He was in awe as Alexis tackled the beast. Dominic was amazed that she had it in her to attack one by herself.
But that crumbled when Alexis decided to walk away.
Dominic's mouth hung open as he watched the girl walk away and leaving Estelle swinging from the Cyclops shoulders and two barely recovered warriors to deal with the monster.
He couldn't believe it. She had abandoned them. And for what reason?
The Cyclops was now writhing on the spot with Estelle on his back.
Anger coursed through Dominic as he got to his feet. He could feel something building inside of him, coursing through every vein, threatening to burst from the palms of his hands.
'Hold him.' Dominic growled before clenching his fist tight and beginning to walk towards the cyclops.
Dominic barely noticed Alexis return or the arrow that shot through the cyclops neck. All that mattered was the enemy.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 01, 2012 7:59 pm

She didn't leave she hid up in the trees."Hello I'm up here and theres poison in the arrows so you can let go of it now."She cursed in ancient greek and jumped down from the tree. Her eyes looked like static electricity."Can I have my ring back. "She hated people taking her stuff,she was in a sort of calm mood now it was angered and irritated mood then before and thats not good unless you want your middle finger chopped off and fed to a hellhound she wasn't in the best mood right this moment.The cyclops found her fathers voice inside of her and mimicked it."I am very disappointed in you."He mimicked it just right,the voice was slightly southern and cold it was like nails dropping onto the ground.
Alexis's eyes widened.Before the cyclops melted to a gold dust. Her eyes stayed stunned. She turned slowly and closed her eyes before opening them and started to walk a slow pace back to camp."Like-like I said um pl-please go back to camp. To dangerous."her voice faded with sorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed May 02, 2012 6:58 am

'Umm..Alexis?'Estelle said.'I'm really sorry I took your ring and all..just wanted to say that.' and she said to the rest of the group as she sighed'let's go. Alexis lookes like..she needs time for herself.'she picked up silverstag and touched her owl necklace,then ripped it off.'Here, alexis.my good luck charm.I want you to have it.Don't ask why.'she added as she handed it to Alexis.she turned around.'come on, guys.Let's give her some quality time'she called as she walked away.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Alexis shook her head,"i'm fine believe me."Alexis sighs and looks at the necklace."It isn't right for me to take this besides I um have my own charm bracelet. But well it was just a stupid cyclops picking at my head so... I need to go."Alexis said and gave the necklace back to Estelle and started to run back to camp. going towards her cabin.Since she was the counselor she needed to do some work on cleaning.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 pm

'Don't you dare run away!' Dominic yelled after Alexis furiously. He pointed at her accusingly with a snarl. 'You just freaked out during a freaking monster attack and left us to fight that damn cyclops by ourselves!'
'Two of us were down and Estelle was on her own but you walked away all because of some damn pride issue!' Dominic barked before gesturing to Estelle, 'You owe us, especially Estelle, an apology! So don't run away!'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 03, 2012 7:44 pm

She glared at him,"I owe not you an apology but Estelle. I am sorry for snapping at you so please um forgive me. "Alexis gripped her armor and straightened it."Now I'm going."She continued running throughout the forest scouting around to make sure there was no more monsters to kill.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri May 04, 2012 2:27 am

'Whoa, calm down you guys.'said Estelle'DOminic, it's really ok. I'm used to people yelling at me..and..'she shrugged'she's an Athena girl. Her fatal flaw is pride. Well, I guess I'm a Athena's, but still. Let's just go'she said, fastening the necklace back on her neck and adjusting Silverstag.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed May 09, 2012 3:51 pm

'Left us to die.' Dominic growled, staring daggers after Alexis before turning his back and walking away. He couldn't calm down. He had just watched what had once been his closest friend leave him and two others to a monster because her feelings were hurt. Who would be calm after that?
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum