Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death at the Theatre (Destiny)

3 posters

Go down

Death at the Theatre (Destiny) Empty Death at the Theatre (Destiny)

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Dominic had been through terrible things. He had been run through giant Python, he had been burned to a crisp, his bones had been shattered and he had faced odds so terrible that he had know from the moment he loaded his crossbow that he would never be able to truly triumph against them.

Now, as he walked through the forest with a scowl on his face, he agreed that he would have gladly gone through it all again, rather than do what he had to do next.

"This is mortifying," Dominic muttered to Destiny, who walked along side him. "The Gods made me chase a damn pig through monster territory for months and almost loose half my body to a flaming mazerati. Why did the recovering Alcoholic God of Booze think it was funny to have me track down the stupidest ghost to ever put pen to paper and make me...make me..."

Dominic struggled to say the horrid words. When he finally spoke, his face was red with embarrassment and anger, "...his freaking Co-Director!?"

Giggles and chuckles erupted from the forest as the nature spirits and nymphs burst into fits of uncontrollable laughter. Dominic's face turned twice the shade of red it had been and his teeth gritted together harshly.

"If you laugh at me again. I will unhappy," Dominic muttered to Destiny from the side of his mouth.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Death at the Theatre (Destiny) Empty Re: Death at the Theatre (Destiny)

Post  GeneralArin Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm

I'm feeling iffy about this 'Co-director' business, so you're going to have to explain that to me.

And no cussing.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sat May 10, 2014 9:24 am

Destiny bit her lip to suppress her own laughter, though her grin could not be held back as easily. When he had told her, her pale face turned a beet red from holding in her laughter.

"Oh, come on, it's not that bad! You just gotta tell people what to do and what not! Besides, you're already bossy enough, so you've got that down fine pat!" She teased him, gently nudging him as they walked. "You've done so much fighting, and you freaking show up in camp as Dominic's Comet. Co-directing can't be that bad.

Her smirk was barely contained as she added, "Plus, maybe you'll luck out, and he'll decide to make you his lead in a romantic play rather than his co-director."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Drachmae : 679

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: {Grimm}: Erebus {Reveur}: Hypnos
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 pm

"Please don't tempt fate. Fate does not like me. I'm thinking of having a word with them one day about that," Dominic muttered as they walked further into the forest. "Could he not just have told me to fight a giant dolphin or track down the worlds biggest can of diet pepsi for his rehab? I would rather fight a titan than have to go through this."

"Places people, we have much to do!"

"Oh great...we're almost there." Dominic sulked when they came upon a small clearing in the forest. A thin ghostly figure in a directors chair, sporting a French beret on one side of his head on top of a Greek theatre mask, shouted orders through a megaphone at a gang of Satyrs and Nymphs that chatted excitedly among themselves.

"Places please! Places! Our Lord has asked for promising results and we do not have much time!" Euripides blared, but the rabble paid no attention.

"This is going to be painful," Dominic sighed and shook his head. "The things I do for redemption..." He cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted up to the ghost. "Hey, hack! Your co-director just arrived!"

Euripides rose into the air, still sat in his directors chair, and turned towards Dominic. His eyes bulged in their sockets at the sight of Dominic.

"You!" He roared in outrage. "Dominic Moss, my arch-enemy-"

"We're not arch-enemies."

"-you dare come into my sacred theatre-"

"It's a clearing in the woods."

"-and threaten to disturb my great work?"

"There is nothing great about your work."

"Actors! Seize that boy and chop off his head!" Euripides roared through the megaphone, but the satyrs and nymphs made no effort to move.

"I think he has me at his mercy," Dominic whispered to Destiny, suppressing a smile.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Her giggle was barely contained, but Destiny jumped in front of Dominic with hand outstretched. She put on her "kind" voice, the one used when talking to moody gods and explaining things to Ares, "No, no, Euripides, chopping his head off is much too cliche for a director such as yourself."

The words pained her to say, but she had gotten very good at flattery. Her cringe was hardly noticeable as she added, "Plus, you wouldn't want to have such a disastrous mess to deal with when you could be perfecting your play!"

"My masterpiece is already perfect," Euripides said with an upturned nose. He seemed to be thinking, so Destiny quickly jumped back in.

"After all, a perfect play requires a great director. If you cause such a scene now, you would forever be scorned as a director who cannot control his help!" Behind her back, she pointed at Dom in a "I dare you to say one word" way.

"No, that would not be good," the ghost muttered to himself. He paused and looked to Dominic, asking, "Who's the girl?"
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Dominic was...stunned! He had been sure that the moment Euripedes saw him the two would start flinging insults at each other and eventually descend into some horrible fight of sun god powers versus the might of a crazy ghost director.

Instead, Destiny had completely derailed their confrontation by pressing Euripedes buttons in just the right way. When she turned and challenged him he threw up his arms in surrender and mouthed to her I wouldn't dream of it.

Dominic cleared his throat. "Uh...my lord Eurip-"

"Director!" Euripides snapped.

"Director-"

"Head Director!"

Dominic sighed. "Head Director-"

"And producer and writer and choreographer!"

"OK... multi-talented Euripedes!" Dominic declared and bowed theatrically with more talent than the ghost ever possessed. "This is Destiny Grimm, daughter of Erebus. The great lord Dionysus has decreed that I am to co-direct this performance and lend my aid to you."

Euripedes looked baffled. "You, co-direct?"

"I know, it's insane," Dominic said with an apologetic smile. "But it's his decision and you know, if you don't, we're going to get turned into something unpleasant."

For a moment Euripedes looked as if he was going to be rational... then he threw rational out the window and began to shriek. "This is outrageous! How dare my talent be question! I do not require the assistance of some uncultured boy to aid my work in-"

"Do you really want to find out if Cerberus enjoys the taste of a ghost dolphin?" Dominic asked and Euripedes instantly became silent.

"I...! You...! Argh...!" Euripedes stammered, his translucent fingers tightened into fists. "I....I... Oh, very well..." Euripedes grunted and scowled at Dominic.

"Fantastic," Dominic sighed and smiled at Destiny gratefully.

"But on one condition!

"How did I know he was going to say that?" Dominic groaned. "What, what condition?"

"Both you and Miss Grimm must act in my play!"

Dominic's jaw hung open. "Uh... what now?"

"You heard me. You two will play the roles of the hero and heroine in my new play ..." Euripedes paused for dramatic effect for a little bit longer than necessary. "... Dionysus and the Lightning Thief, the dramatic retelling!"

Dominic had been stunned into silence. "I say again... what now?"
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Destiny started smacking Dom's leg repeatedly without looking away from the ghost. The more he talked, the more rapid her hits became. Until finally, she had to ask at the title, "are you fu-"

She spun to Dominic and hissed through her smile, "Dominic Moss, I am not an actress. And certainly not for ter-"

Euripides' scowl returned.

"Ter-...rific! Not for terrific plays such as this one!" She quickly corrected herself. The ghost have a huffy breath but accepted her correction. With a sigh of disdain, she looked into her boyfriend's eyes.

"Come now! You're wasting precious light!"

"Is it possible to stab a ghost in the face?" Destiny whispered before breaking into a smile. "I guess I kinda jinxed our luck, eh?"
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down