Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some long overdue Practice

+2
Callistos
Sir Malachai
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Some long overdue Practice Empty Some long overdue Practice

Post  Sir Malachai Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Malachai stood in the arena, facing several straw dummies. He was currently decked out in full greek battle armor, cape and all. He always liked training with the full weight of everything on. Not only did it allow him to be accustomed to fighting with it on in a real battle, it also meant his movements would be faster if he was not wearing it. He currently held his Bronze shield in his left hand, and his spear in his right. His sword, Foehammer, was currently in its scabbard. His crimson cape billowed behind him for a few moments before he immediately took stance and began to jab and thrust towards the straw dummies, keeping time in his head. After several jabs, Malachai immediately noticed how much out of practice he was.
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Drachmae : 402

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Some long overdue Practice Empty Re: Some long overdue Practice

Post  Callistos Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Im assuming you dont mind me joining? Razz) Corra walked into the arena for the first time since she got back. her dark brown hair was contained in asingle brain falling across her right shoulder. always her right, never her left. her blue eyes scanned the room silently, searching for a target. She found it in an instant. It was a kid she didnt know. She wiped her hands on her worn out jeans, straighening out her orange Camp Half Blood shirt. Alot of the other Aphrodite kids refused to wear it, saying orange always clashed hhorribly. But she didnt care, she never cared. As she walked over to the kid shed never seen before, she drew her sword. "Hey. Looks like you need practice."
Callistos
Callistos

Drachmae : 564

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite/Hecate
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:49 pm

(more like im grateful you did. i need to start off my character somewhere)
The sound of the girl's voice threw off Malachai's timing, and his last thrust ended up missing his intended target and slid right under the practice dummy's arm. He straightened his posture and looked over at the girl who had called out. He had never seen her before at all, but that wasn't uncommon. Malachai only had a few friends at the camp and never really went out of his way to meet anyone. He didnt really take the way she said how he need practice to well but he tried not to show it.
"I guess you do too since you are here..." Malachai replied with.
Sure it may not have been the nicest thing to reply with, but he was feeling slightly on edge... what with an armed demigod basically walking up on him... a beautifully armed Demigod.
"Who are you?"
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 pm

She smiled wistfully. "I can read your expression, you know. Dont worry, I didnt mean that in a mean way. I just had to say something, you know? I like meeting knew people." Her eyes seared into his, which might have thrown him off. Her eyes tended to do that to people. She held out her hand. "Im Corra Castling, daughter of Aphrodite. Sorry if I startled you, I just like meeting new people. And yo are?"
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:20 pm

He hesitated before replying.
"Malachai... Malachai Knight... Son of Nemesis." He replied. He noticed her gaze and really wasn't affected by it just because he was used to many different stares back at his school's Kendo club. People there tried to sike you out before and during a match. He noticed they both had blue eyes although her's were a much more true blue color than his. If anything affected him, it was her appearance. It was just so....right. Daughter of Aphrodite for you. It made Malachai self conscious of his silly battle armor he was wearing. He looked literally like a soldier out of 300.
"I must look silly to you..."
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 am

'No,' Estelle chimed in, walking towards the two. She was done giving a lesson to a stuck up Ares kid, and her knife was still out. 'You look just like you're out of the movies.' she said with the faintest hint of a smile. 'You don't really have to dress out like that every time you practice, you know.' she let him know she was just teasing. 'So. You looking for a spar partner?'
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:41 am

Malachai now turned his gaze to the other girl that now approached.
"I know I don't have to, but its better to train and be familiar with the weight than nothing at all." he replied.
He gave the girl another look over.
"and who might you be?" Malachai asked.
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 am

Estelle cocked an eyebrow. 'You don't know me?' she sighed at the blank look on his face. 'Estelle Shade, daughter of Athena.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 am

' Malchai simply nodded when he heard her name.
"I dont know you cause I dont make it a habit of meeting new people...."
He said trailing off a bit.
"I'm Malachai, son of Nemesis."
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:01 am

(im hoping u dont mind me joining if u do well too late now XD but if u do mind PM me and ill delete this)
Axel walked into the training arena. he recently had found in his pocket mysteriously there was a keychain. this ended up being able to turn into a sword if he focused on it while holding it. Axel had studied the sword and noticed that on the side of it said in ancient greek "the seeker" Axel assumed that he  Axel wanted to learn a bit more about fighting, he knew he had some natural skills from when he had fought that hellhound. Axel Saw three people he didnt know talking. which considering he hadnt been in camp long, wasnt unusual. still he figured that it would be a good idea to meet some of the people here. plus he had to admit he was curious. Axel walked up to the group of three silently obviously he had not been noticed yet. "well hello, i dont think I have met any of you yet. Im Axel son of Hermes." Axel said
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Corra laughed slightly. She hadnt expected so many other people to be here at this time. "Hey Estelle," she said, nodding at the only familiar person. Axel and Malachai were still strangers to her, but she intended to change that. "You okay, Malachai?" she asked, looking over at the Nemesis kid. He sure didnt seem like a Nemesis kid, he didnt look like the revenge type. He was till decked out in his armour. She perferred fighting at camp with no armour, so she could learn to fight in lighter and tougher conditions. There was no way she would let the Titan Army take away her life. "Anyone want to battle?" she asked. "Malachai?" Her eyes glimmered. She wasnt mocking the kid, just teasing him. He seemd cool.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:39 pm

"I'm Malachai, son of Nemesis." He said to Axel as he arrived.
He set his spear and shield down and removed his helmet, which revealed his dark brown hair, a little damp from sweating under the sun. He fished in his pocket for a key and brought it out. It was intricately carved, like it was a key that would unlock some special door in some made up fantasy world. He glanced over at Corra and nodded.
"I'm fine with a battle."
He said meeting her eyes.
He now wore only the battle armor and the crimson cape. He liked his cape. (XD)

Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Corra laughed. She thought Malachai looked good, his dark hair glistening like a knights in those movies. Which fir with his last name, Knight. "Its on, bro." She lunged at him before he even had time to think. she knnocked away his sword with the butt of hers, moving in close to him to push her elbow into his chest and her sword blade against his throat. she loved her sword. Shed had it when she first came to Camp Half Blood four years ago, hand crafted, along with her bow, with help from the Hephaestus kids. Whenever she held the weapon in her hands, she felt lucky. "Dont let your guard down," She whispered to Malachai.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Estelle smiled, gripping her own sword. This could end pretty easily, but she had to see some fun. She lightly tapped Corra on the shoulder. 'Not much fair, is it? Start again?'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Luckily for Malachai, He was not holding a sword...yet.
Also lucky for him He was wearing armor, as he took the strike from the hilt against his bronze chest plate.
Unlucky for Malachai, it knocked the breath out of him and he had let go of his bronze key, as it fell to the ground.
He stared up at the girl who now had a blade at his throat.
"Well I wasn't exactly expecting this to start so soon...."
and with that he placed his hands on her shoulders an pushed her up and over, flipping her so she land on her back. Her blade was no longer at his throat, but it had managed to nick and shallowly cut the side of his face.
He turned to Estelle.
"No need for a restart..."
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Corra lay gasping on the floor, suprised at Malachai's sudden strength. Not longer ago he was having trouble with a dummy. But never mind, she loved a good challenge. "Oh, dont worry, Estelle," she said, getting up again and facing her opponent. "It doesnt look like he appreciates fair either." She shuffled from side to side, watching, waiting. this might be unfair, but she thought a quick prayer to her mother and looked Malachai straight in the eyes. Many people fou nd her eyes quite captivating. The best part was, magic had nothing to do with it. Just plain beauty. She struck at him again.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Axel suppressed a laugh as the girl easily disarmed Malachai. Axel could have easily seen the girl's move coming, but Malachai had let himself get distracted by the girl's beauty. Axel knew that when it came to fighting someone who could move faster, it was foolish to take your eyes off their hands. The same went for when dealing with thieves like himself. Malachai obviously was outmatched despite his armor. "whats the point of armor if it slow you too much for you to fight" Axel said.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Malachai picked up his key and let it transform until his bronze longsword was now firmly in his hand.
He took a stance like he used to do in his Kendo classes back in the mortal world.
He looked into Corra's eyes. So captivating and blue. They were the most beautiful eyes he had seen, which would have thrown him off badly, if it hadn't been for his hardwired battle instincts and all the kendo classes he had taken before coming here. His guard did slightly relax though.
"you have...beautiful eyes." he said.
He then turned to Axel.
"training with armor aloows for one to be completely at home when you are wearing it in a real battle, and when you are not wearing it, it has made you faster and more agile, and stronger too because you no longer carry the weight."
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:26 pm

She smirked. "So I've been told." She took advantage of his distraction and slowly circled around him, his eyes following her. she smiled at him brightly, and swung her sword arond his feet, knocking him over. she hadnt hit him too badly, just enough to knock the wind out of him. She didnt want him being sent to the infirmary. She slammed her feet into his chest, kneeling low so only he could hear her, and not Axel or Estelle. "I could go on forever."
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Well you know what they say actions speak louder than words." Axel said this as he drew his dagger and sword. this guy obviously had some skill but Axel could tell Malachai wasnt as fast as he was. "whenever your ready."
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Luckily his years of Kendo paid off and not only did his eyes follow but he turned around with her and when she swung her sword at his feet, he stuck his blade down  towards the ground and blocked it.
"well that was close..."
He said more to himself.
He looked over towards actual seeing the blade and dagger in his hands.
"Two opponents?" He asked more quizzically then anything.
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:33 pm

"no i think that ill just fight the winner" Axel said sitting down to watch the fight
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:44 pm

((lol, how in the world are we going to end this fight? I think weve both got a lot of pride Razz)) Corra smiled. "Youll fight the winner? Great. Now we just need to get to the winning part." Once again Corra failed in her attack against Malachai, leaving both of them virtually unharmed. How were they going to end this thing. "Youre impossible," she smiled, striking at his arms.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Malachai brought his blade up for another block,and with his free hand, wiped the blood from his face that had slowly started to spill down his face from when Corra's blade has sliced his face.
"And you're dangerous...dangerously beautiful." he replied. (Im sorry I could not resist that line, you being a daughter of Aphrodite and all)
He then pressed forward, unlocking their blades from the block he made, and gave a downward stroke toward her.
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 pm

She winced as his blade came falling down on her, moving slightly out of the way at the last second, so it sliced her arm instead of her face. She perferred to keep her face intact, thank you very much. The thick blood flowed down her arm, almost reaching her fingertips. She winced. "Cheesy line, much?" she laughed, feigning weakness. She fell to her knees, hoping he would take pity and come closer.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next